Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,855 members, 7,802,743 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:32 PM

Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station - Islam for Muslims (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station (247176 Views)

Janet Jackson Converts To Islam For $20 Million Wedding / ~* Deols is 2011 'Islam For Muslims' Section Poster Of The Year: Congrats~* / 'Islam For Muslims' Library (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (232) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by lanrexlan(m): 10:06pm On Nov 11, 2014
vedaxcool:

shocked shocked shocked shocked lipsrsealed undecided lipsrsealed shocked shocked sad
lol y grin grin grin grin grin Just love tpia sunker punch, chie, his case well documented on Nairaland, I just hope he won't puke after reading this oh?

Lol grin grin grin grin grin Only God can save the guy o.His case is very well-documented on Nairaland,he ought to win an award from Seun self.Let's hope he has a big basin in front on him to puke inside grin grin grin
I rest my case for now.

2 Likes

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by tbaba1234: 10:52pm On Nov 11, 2014
The funny thing is when a new moniker appears, it takes one inane reply to identify him. SO predictable.

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 1:18am On Nov 12, 2014
Sometimes, i think of this verse of Quran Maida 35. Very beautiful and thoughtful. Some sisters debate on YouTube brought this up in me again.

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا اتَّقُوا اللَّهَ وَابْتَغُوا إِلَيْهِ الْوَسِيلَةَ وَجَاهِدُوا فِي سَبِيلِهِ لَعَلَّكُمْ تُفْلِحُونَ

O you who have believed, fear Allah and seek the means [of nearness] to Him and strive in His cause that you may succeed.

Just that some muslims tend to abuse it. I like the beautiful debate between these sisters. My understanding while growing up about 'waseela' is first off, calling on Allah alone. Proof of this is because Allah is closer to us and has knowledge as reported in surah 50:16

And indeed We have created man, and We know what his ownself whispers to him. And We are nearer to him than his jugular vein (by Our Knowledge).

Then, problem comes up. How do we call (knowing) Allah by his Names and Attributes?. I believe this is where the first concept of ('WASEELA') following Nabi Muhammad (allahu alaiywasalam). Then,'waseela' our good deeds, Salat, fast etc. Also learning through a sheik, maulana etc for the purpose of understanding the religion is also waseela. This is different from calling on sheik or praying at grave of pious men solely for divine purposes. This falls in shirk category, i believe. But I think there are lots to learn from waseela (our means of approach). Waseela is definitely NOT shirk with perfect understanding of it. It's Allah's command.

The reason I actually brought this up is because of extreme criticism on YouTube just because some Muslims revere a sheik. They assume it is always shirk/bid'ah!!!. Revering someone does not always mean worship all the time. But as far as I am concern, i simply refrain from extreme reverence. And Allah knows best.

My question is about a phrase very commonly used in Yoruba language but been criticized by some Muslims. Tell me what you think about it, pls.

"ola anobi muhammad" i:e glory of prophet Muhammad?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nF6XVw3G-Sw&index=73&list=WL
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by lanrexlan(m): 6:39am On Nov 12, 2014
tbaba1234:
The funny thing is when a new moniker appears, it takes one inane reply to identify him. SO predictable.
Sure,it's very easy to identify Logicboy,na one way like antonio Valencia of Manchester United.

@Brother Empiree,I should have directed you to a thread in which your question was thrashed but unfortunately I can't find that thread of AlBaqir on TAWASSUL.Maybe the thing disappear with that crash.
Will answer your question on that phrase later In sha Allah.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by JackBizzle: 7:20am On Nov 12, 2014

grin grin grin grin

The irony of course, is that you guys keep talking about me despite calling me an attention seeker grin
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by JackBizzle: 7:33am On Nov 12, 2014
You know the best thing about all this?

1) The fact that you guys are now paranoid to all new "muslim" accounts on the islam section. It happened more than twice already when an innocent person came with questions and you accused him/her of being "logicboy".

2) The fact that despite all your harsh statements towards me, more and more muslims are losing interest in your section and islam. As you can see, some females are already having doubts.....

3) The fact that instead of preaching islam and doing sunnah things, my fellow nairaland muslims are taking time to investigate my usernames.

4) There was even one time that I accused another person (a new username of a real muslim) of being abdulsleek/logicboy and i got support from muslims

Honestly speaking, if you really think that I am a troll, wouldnt I be the one winning? Seriously, you guys just spent the last page talking about me. Seriously, this thread hasnt been so lively in the past few days until myself as a topic came up cool

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Rilwayne001: 8:28am On Nov 12, 2014
^^^^

Get a life undecided

3 Likes

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by JackBizzle: 8:33am On Nov 12, 2014
Rilwayne001:
^^^^

Get a life undecided

cheesy

And what makes you think that you are the one with a life and I am the one without?

Dont be like Lanrexlan. The guy who hasnt finished school and was insulting me. The guy that even had exams but was on nairaland complaining about me. Hypocrisy.

I bet the guy couldnt believe that I had a better life with more degrees than him grin grin grin
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Rilwayne001: 8:49am On Nov 12, 2014
JackBizzle:

cheesy
And what makes you think that you are the one with a life and I am the one without?

Life is different from life.

Even a madman has a life, can we then compare his life with a sane man?...

Other atheist don't create monikers anyhow like you used to do.
Well, it makes your own insanity different from theirs, your own is beyond cure.

Dont be like Lanrexlan. The guy who hasnt finished school and was insulting me. The guy that even had exams but was on nairaland complaining about me. Hypocrisy.

Just because he busted you? undecided undecided… I pray God heal you of your malady embarassed

I bet the guy couldnt believe that I had a better life with more degrees than him grin grin grin

grin grin grin

More degrees in stewpidity.....

LMAO..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by JackBizzle: 8:57am On Nov 12, 2014
Rilwayne001:

Well, it makes your own insanity different from theirs, your own is beyond cure.

Just because he busted you? undecided undecided… I pray God heal you of your malady embarassed

grin grin grin

LMAO..

grin grin grin

So you still believe that Lanrexlan busted me? lol....well, if you can also believe that a man split the moon into two.

And yes, I am not like other atheists. Everybody cant be the same
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by vedaxcool(m): 9:04am On Nov 12, 2014
lanrexlan:
Lol grin grin grin grin grin Only God can save the guy o.His case is very well-documented on Nairaland,he ought to win an award from Seun self.Let's hope he has a big basin in front on him to puke inside grin grin grin
I rest my case for now.

Indeed! grin grin grin
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by JackBizzle: 10:25am On Nov 12, 2014
Rilwayne001:

grin grin grin

LMAO..

lol.....have you finished school sef?

Lanrexlan is busy talking about marriage. Person wey never get degree.

But seriously, you said that all atheists are mad. If someone says that all muslims are terrorists, you will be shouting ISLAMOPHOBIA!!!
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by lanrexlan(m): 12:00pm On Nov 12, 2014
JackBizzle:

lol.....have you finished school sef?

Lanrexlan is busy talking about marriage. Person wey never get degree.

But seriously, you said that all atheists are mad. If someone says that all muslims are terrorists, you will be shouting ISLAMOPHOBIA!!!
Me talking about marriage? Are you dreaming? Ok,I am not surprised though you are a damn Liar.Can you point that out?

Brother Rilwayne001,abeg let's free the guy.Let him continue with his rants.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Rilwayne001: 12:09pm On Nov 12, 2014
lanrexlan:
Me talking about marriage? Are you dreaming? Ok,I am not surprised though you are a damn Liar.Can you point that out?

brother, that was why i ignored him.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by lanrexlan(m): 12:27pm On Nov 12, 2014
Empiree: My question is about a phrase very commonly used in Yoruba language but been criticized by some Muslims. Tell me what you think about it, pls. "ola anobi muhammad" i:e glory of prophet Muhammad?
Left to me,I see nothing wrong using this phrase.I remembered vividly that we were in a lecture and the ustadh said it's bad and shirk saying 'Ola anabi wa Muhammad',my mum felt uncomfortable with the remark of the ustadh,she said 'Does Allah doesn't hold Muhammad(pbuh) in high esteem when He(Allah) said he send blessings on him?'

Muhammad(pbuh) is the beloved of Allah(swt),so asking Allah using Muhammad(pbuh) as waseela,to me there's nothing wrong in it.
But praying to Muhammad(pbuh) and asking him to grant your request left to me,that's shirk.
Allah knows best

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 12:31pm On Nov 12, 2014
lanrexlan:
Left to me,I see nothing wrong using this phrase.I remembered vividly that we were in a lecture and the ustadh said it's bad and shirk saying 'Ola anabi wa Muhammad',my mum felt uncomfortable with the remark of the ustadh,she said 'Does Allah doesn't hold Muhammad(pbuh) in high esteem when He(Allah) said he send blessings on him?'

Muhammad(pbuh) is the beloved of Allah(swt),so asking Allah using Muhammad(pbuh) as waseela,to me there's nothing wrong in it.
But praying to Muhammad(pbuh) and asking him to grant your request left to me,that's shirk.
Allah knows best
Thought as much. Jazakhallahu khyran
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by JackBizzle: 1:49pm On Nov 12, 2014
lanrexlan:

Ignore me? You that went digging for my usernames that I have even forgotten. You cant get enough of me. You just cant handle the cognitive dissonance that I am far a more useful member of the society than you.

Small boy, go and finish school before you talk about marriage;

lanrexlan:

Indeed, marriage is a very vast and an extremely crucial subject, which can be seen from both the aspects: aspect of seriousness and aspect of fun. It totally depends on the individual’s age, maturity and attitude towards life.

“I want a righteous spouse but …”, is a common phase in the lives of the practicing Muslim youth. This dilemma is something we hear all around us in our religious circles & social gatherings.

https://www.nairaland.com/1973027/advice-muslim-singles
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by JackBizzle: 1:50pm On Nov 12, 2014
Rilwayne001:

brother, that was why i ignored him.

Its okay....we will meet again grin grin
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by JackBizzle: 1:55pm On Nov 12, 2014
last bullet;

to show you that we are not on the same level, schoolboy, I have a thread of mine that you should read;

https://www.nairaland.com/1990845/let-us-honest-life-both
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Rilwayne001: 2:12pm On Nov 12, 2014
JackBizzle:

Its okay....we will meet again grin grin

Of course we will.

But before then come and campaign for me here tongue tongue
www.nairaland.com/1993340/mr-nairaland-december-2014-edition/10#27948647 wink

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Rilwayne001: 2:15pm On Nov 12, 2014
JackBizzle:

https://www.nairaland.com/1973027/advice-muslim-singles

SMDH.

So this is what makes you think he is planning to wed? undecided undecided

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by JackBizzle: 3:08pm On Nov 12, 2014
Rilwayne001:

SMDH.

So this is what makes you think he is planning to wed? undecided undecided

Where did I say that he is planning to wed?

See how emotional you get over me?
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by JackBizzle: 3:25pm On Nov 12, 2014
Rilwayne001:

Of course we will.

But before then come and campaign for me here tongue tongue
www.nairaland.com/1993340/mr-nairaland-december-2014-edition/10#27948647 wink

GET A LIFE.......HYPOCRITE!
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by usermane(m): 5:48pm On Nov 12, 2014
Empiree:
As for http://islamqa.info/en/45528, you basically frustrating yourself . FGM is haram. this site provided no proof. You need to Dr.bilal phillips on youtube. Just stop this nonsense of urs.

Since when did Bilal Philips become an Imam of Fiqh in Ahlul Sunna? Do you have any ahadith to support your stand? Here are ahadith for you;

Sahih Bukhari
Abu Hurayrah reported that the Prophet said: "The fitrah is five things – or five things are part of the fitrah – circumcision, shaving the pubes, cutting the nails, plucking the armpit hairs, and trimming the moustache."

Sahih Muslim
Aa’ishah said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “When a man sits between the four parts (arms and legs of his wife) and the two circumcised parts meet, then ghusl is obligatory.”

See more;
http://islamqa.info/en/60314

Instead of admitting that this ugly act is prescribed by their tradition, they keep on denying in order to save their ego. Let us see what their Imams of Fiqh have on this issue.

Imam Sha'afi and Hanbali
Al-Nawawi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said in al-Majmoo’ (1/367): Circumcision is obligatory for both men and women in our view. This is the view of many of the salaf, as was narrated by al-Khattaabi. Among those who regarded it as obligatory is Ahmad… it is the correct view that is well known and was stated by al-Shaafa’i (may Allaah have mercy on him), and the majority stated definitively that it is obligatory for both men and women.

See Fath al-Baari, 10/340; Kishshaaf al-Qinaa’, 1/80

Imam Maliki and Hanafi
That circumcision is Sunnah for both males and females. This is the view of the Hanafis and Maalikis, and was narrated in one report from Ahmad. Ibn ‘Aabideen al-Hanafi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said in his Haashiyah (6/751): In Kitaab al-Tahaarah of al-Siraaj al-Wahhaaj it says: Know that circumcision is Sunnah in our view – i.e., according to the Hanafis – for men and for women. end quote.

See: Mawaahib al-Jaleel, 3/259

Anyone notice from the above that FGM is prescribed in orthodox Islam?

The funny thing is, despite all the emphasis they lay on Sunnah or Hadith, they do not keep many of its teachings.
For instance, beards is mandatory according to their traditions. How many Muslim men keep beards today? They grow 'westernized beard'(a.k.a stubble) or even shave everything, yet they accuse the sisters of wearing 'westernized hijab'.
They take pictures and make videos of themselves with phones or cameras whereas their tradition forbid making images of man or animals.
Although their traditions forbid music, they cannot not help but use Musical tones for their Islamic songs or Videos.

I could go on exposing their false religion and self-righteousness for days, but i don't want to hurt anyone 's feeling. The rabbit hole goes very deep.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by lanrexlan(m): 6:08pm On Nov 12, 2014
Surah Al-Kafh 18:34-35 -And he had property and he said to his companion, in the course of mutual talk: I am more than you in wealth and stronger in respect of men. And he went into his garden while in a state unjust to himself. He said: "I think not that this will ever perish.

Surah Al-Kafh 18:39-40 -It was better for you to say, when you entered your garden: 'That which Allah wills (will come to pass)! There is no power but with Allah '. If you see me less than you in wealth, and children.
It may be that my Lord will give me something
better than your garden, and will send on it Husban (torment, bolt, etc.) from the sky, then it will be a slippery earth.

Let's take lessons brothers and sisters.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 7:48pm On Nov 12, 2014
usermane:

On FGM
Yeah, keep your noise up and keep screaming about it all over. Keep digging while you lose faith. Who cares what's in those 'hadith'. None of them even signifies direct quote from the prophet(Allah's blessing be upon him). Rather "according to our view". Please just spare me your nonsense. You have and embarked on failed mission. Keep it up, friend.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by JackBizzle: 10:33pm On Nov 12, 2014
lanrexlan:
Surah Al-Kafh 18:34-35 -And he had property and he said to his companion, in the course of mutual talk: I am more than you in wealth and stronger in respect of men. And he went into his garden while in a state unjust to himself. He said: "I think not that this will ever perish.

Surah Al-Kafh 18:39-40 -It was better for you to say, when you entered your garden: 'That which Allah wills (will come to pass)! There is no power but with Allah '. If you see me less than you in wealth, and children.
It may be that my Lord will give me something
better than your garden, and will send on it Husban (torment, bolt, etc.) from the sky, then it will be a slippery earth.

Let's take lessons brothers and sisters.

grin grin grin

E pain am!!!!!

Bros, you are now trying to go through the way of humility? Sorry, Allah will give you your own garden (degree)

Maybe next time, you wont insult someone's education when you have not finished your own.

Well, you learnt the hard way
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by AlBaqir(m): 12:24pm On Nov 13, 2014
'Aishah and the Yasiri Slanders: Defending the Innocence of the Twelve Imams

[img]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41X925XO6vL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg[/img]

Is it true that it was Umm al-Muminin ‘Aishah who murdered the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him and his family? Is it true that she indulged in adultery after the death of her blessed husband?
Is it true that she was divorced, and thereby lost her title of “Umm al-Muminin” within the Ummah?

There is a group which attributes itself to Imami Shi’ism, the Yasiriyyah, which makes all those three claims about her. This group also identifies the noble Imams of the Ahl al-Bayt, peace be upon them, as the sources of their various accusations against her.

Our aim in this book of ours is to investigate the truth of all three claims and allegations within the confines of the Shi’i hadith corpus. In particular, we want to find out if the Yasiriyyah have truthfully linked their claims about ‘Aishah with the Ahl al-Bayt, or whether they have only lied upon the Twelve Imams.

Toyib Olawuyi
www.amazon.com/gp/product/1502876647?ie=UTF8&at&force-full-site=1&ref_=aw_bottom_links

To download the softcopy (pdf etc), visit:
https://archive.org/details/AishahAndTheSlanders
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by AlBaqir(m): 12:39pm On Nov 13, 2014
JackBizzle:

grin grin
Honestly, you need deliverance and people here can do ruqya for you. I just can't imagine how lowly and childish you are strolling from one thread to the other. Well that's obsession and you just can't help it.

3 Likes

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by JackBizzle: 6:33pm On Nov 13, 2014
AlBaqir:

Honestly, you need deliverance and people here can do ruqya for you. I just can't imagine how lowly and childish you are strolling from one thread to the other. Well that's obsession and you just can't help it.

I thought you guys were supposed to ignore me?

Mtcheww.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 2:07am On Nov 15, 2014
AlBaqir:

Toyib Olawuyi

where is he from. He seems learned. His book is cheap, too.

JackBizzle is probably married to she-Jinn
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 3:13am On Nov 15, 2014
We Are Wining!!! grin grin grin

National Cathedral’s first Muslim prayer service interrupted by heckler

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/national-cathedral%E2%80%99s-first-muslim-prayer-service-interrupted-by-heckler/ar-BBdMdoT

I know usermane will be here soon to scream it all out. Right usermane? Who cares!

Tawheed is the only thing that will survive.

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (232) (Reply)

Cute and Romantic Photos Of Muslim Couples

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.