Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,650 members, 7,801,895 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:20 AM

Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station - Islam for Muslims (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station (247093 Views)

Janet Jackson Converts To Islam For $20 Million Wedding / ~* Deols is 2011 'Islam For Muslims' Section Poster Of The Year: Congrats~* / 'Islam For Muslims' Library (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (232) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by usermane(m): 3:55am On Nov 15, 2014
Empiree:
We Are Wining!!! grin grin grin

National Cathedral’s first Muslim prayer service interrupted by heckler

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/national-cathedral%E2%80%99s-first-muslim-prayer-service-interrupted-by-heckler/ar-BBdMdoT

I know usermane will be here soon to scream it all out. Right usermane? Who cares!

Tawheed is the only thing that will survive.

This is just a perfect example of religious tolerance displayed in the West. At this point you shouldn't be talking about usermane, you should be asking yourself if your Muslim brothers in their Sharia states will tolerate a Christian congregation in their Mosque. The credit here goes to the Christians and to Secular values. Am surprise you cannot even see it.

Oh! And lest i forget, here is a token for bugging me, Empiree: Undercover Mosque
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 4:11am On Nov 15, 2014
usermane:

I dont care what's bugging you. I dont subscribe to foolish xtremist comments like undercover mosque. And wait, did you care to read comments on the article?. There are definitely christians that grumbled including pastors which is understandable. Since you follow Quran only, i dont need to tell you why this will not work in mosque. Other dialogue? yes, but not worship. So zip your modernism. Quran commands us to invite people to Islam. That's what matters not what you feel or how you think. And inshallah, gradually, cathedral will eventually convert to Mosque with mutual understanding. Victory to God Almighty. Love it or Hate it
We Are Wining!!! grin
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by usermane(m): 4:52am On Nov 15, 2014
Empiree:

I don't care what's bugging you. I dont subscribe to foolish xtremist comments like undercover mosque. And wait, did you care to read comments on the article?. There are definitely christians that grumbled including pastors which is understandable. Since you follow Quran only, i dont need to tell you why this will not work in mosque. Other dialogue? yes, but not worship. So zip your modernism. Quran commands us to invite people to Islam. That's what matters not what you feel or how you think. And inshallah, gradually, cathedral will eventually convert to Mosque with mutual understanding. Victory to God Almighty. Love it or Hate it
We Are Wining!!! grin

No, you don't get it. The whole of your post reeks insecurity and ignorance. Victory to God indeed. Do you remember how Islamist insurgencies started? Because your Mujahiddin brothers couldn't handle the presence of American troops on Medina soil(1990s), not because they were troops but because they were non-Muslims.

At this point, the only thing you have to cling onto are your dogmas. So go ahead, gloat, taunt me, boo me. I know you are very good at that. It keeps you from learning the truth, protecting your ego.

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 5:55am On Nov 15, 2014
usermane:

No, you don't get it. The whole of your post reeks insecurity and ignorance. Victory to God indeed. Do you remember how Islamist insurgencies started? Because your Mujahiddin brothers couldn't handle the presence of American troops on Medina soil(1990s), not because they were troops but because they were non-Muslims.

At this point, the only thing you have to cling onto are your dogmas. So go ahead, gloat, taunt me, boo me. I know you are very good at that. It keeps you from learning the truth, protecting your ego.
Nah, I got it. I understood you very well and chose to against you with passion because you just dont get it either.
We Are Wining grin You are losing grandpa
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by AlBaqir(m): 7:24am On Nov 15, 2014
Empiree:

where is he from. He seems learned. His book is cheap, too.
Though he's a friend but he doesn't want his audience to worry themselves about him rather they should concentrate on his research works. As you can observe none of his books so far has a page about the author.

His primary objective is not to make profit but to make people more aware.

Empiree:

JackBizzle is probably married to she-Jinn

The guy sick for head.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by lanrexlan(m): 10:04am On Nov 15, 2014
I listened to a so called 'Sheik' on a radio station(A Yoruba Programme) and he said: 'Abawaye merin lowa fun gbogbo eda' roughly translated to 'Every human being is born with either of four natural things'.
The first is Abawaye omi(water),Abawaye iyepe(sand),Abawaye ategun(wind) and Abawaye Ina(fire).

For example he said,if a man is born with Abawaye Ina(fire) and marries a woman born with Abawaye omi(water),the man can never be successful because water will keep quenching fire ni.

He continued and said if a man is born with Abawaye iyepe(sand) and the woman is born with Abawaye omi(water),then there wouldn't be any problem in the union as water and sand will surely stick.

His breakdown:
Abawaye omi(water)+Abawaye iyepe(sand)=Successful union

Abawaye omi(water)+Abawaye Ina(fire)=unsuccessful union

Abawaye ategun(wind)+Abawaye Ina(fire)=partial success because wind will blow out the fire one day

Abawaye ategun(wind)+ Abawaye omi(water)=Little failure.

Abawaye iyepe(sand)+Abawaye Ina(fire)=It can't even work.

And many other combos you can think of the four natural elements.
He then concluded by telling intended couples to come and check their compatability before marriage.

My question is:Has anyone heard of similar thing in Yoruba land because to me it seems funny?
N:B: I don't know if Abawaye and akosejaye are the same thing.
Cc:
Empiree
AlBaqir
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by AlBaqir(m): 2:43pm On Nov 15, 2014
lanrexlan:
I listened to a so called 'Sheik' on a radio station(A Yoruba Programme) and he said: 'Abawaye merin lowa fun gbogbo eda' roughly translated to 'Every human being is born with either of four natural things'.
The first is Abawaye omi(water),Abawaye iyepe(sand),Abawaye ategun(wind) and Abawaye Ina(fire).

For example he said,if a man is born with Abawaye Ina(fire) and marries a woman born with Abawaye omi(water),the man can never be successful because water will keep quenching fire ni.

He continued and said if a man is born with Abawaye iyepe(sand) and the woman is born with Abawaye omi(water),then there wouldn't be any problem in the union as water and sand will surely stick.

His breakdown:
Abawaye omi(water)+Abawaye iyepe(sand)=Successful union

Abawaye omi(water)+Abawaye Ina(fire)=unsuccessful union

Abawaye ategun(wind)+Abawaye Ina(fire)=partial success because wind will blow out the fire one day

Abawaye ategun(wind)+ Abawaye omi(water)=Little failure.

Abawaye iyepe(sand)+Abawaye Ina(fire)=It can't even work.

And many other combos you can think of the four natural elements.
He then concluded by telling intended couples to come and check their compatability before marriage.

My question is:Has anyone heard of similar thing in Yoruba land because to me it seems funny?
N:B: I don't know if Abawaye and akosejaye are the same thing.
Cc:
Empiree
AlBaqir

First, it is an old Yoruba belief which today its a myth due to broader knowledge of life and religion. Yoruba in the olden days are known to inquire (future) about their new born or other cases mentioned above (e.g compatibility of two couples).

Philosophically, Earth (sand), Fire, Air and Wate represent four elements of life. Ibn Sinna (Avicenna) explain this in his famous al-Qanun fi al-Tibb - "Canon of Medicine". He described the physical and chemical properties of each of these natural elements in their respective pure state, how they can be used; and how they can be harmonized. All his theory on this natural philosophy was towards achieving a good health. There are some modern "medicine" to some illnesses that will require you walk bare-footed on coarse sand.

Different philosophers gave different meaning to these components. Even in the study of 'Ir'fan (ma'arifa - spiritual knowledge of God), there are several interpretations for these natural elements.

The creations of Allah is full of wonders and little (qalil) is what we know about the universe. Some guess, some truly experience these and put forth different theories based on their capability. People uses these elements in dark sciences like witch craft, magic etc. While other uses it in good sciences like science and tech today. Everything in this material world, most philosophers explained, is of part or the combination of these elements.

It is in this regards that some "alfa", philosophers et al also want to explain the complexity of human being or his synchronization to these elements.

For me, the guidance of Muhammad (peace be on him and his progeny) and his purified household is enough.

Ma sha Allah, there is a complete Islamic guide from copulation, to pregnancy, breast-feeding, child up-bringing, youthful life, education, marriage, old age even death and beyond. Also Islam provide complete prevention and solution to every single problem man can encounter be it physical, mental, spiritual etc. It is just unfortunate that the level of our Tawakkul (reliance on God) is too low and our sins knows no bound. All these blocks our inner-self, weaken (infact kill) our spiritual ability thereby we lack the knowledge of the "nature of life" among others. After all our father, Nabi Adam (as) was endowered with knowledge of all thing.

With this in effect, Shaytan among the Jinns and man circulate their evil and false knowledge with evil prescriptions which will eventually leads towards destruction.

Wala haola, wala quwa, wala illma illah biLLAH, al-Aliyy al-Azeem

Salam alaykum

3 Likes

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by lanrexlan(m): 3:13pm On Nov 15, 2014
AlBaqir:

First, it is an old Yoruba belief which today its a myth due to broader knowledge of life and religion. Yoruba in the olden days are known to inquire (future) about their new born or other cases mentioned above (e.g compatibility of two couples).

Philosophically, Earth (sand), Fire, Air and Wate represent four elements of life. Ibn Sinna (Avicenna) explain this in his famous al-Qanun fi al-Tibb - "Canon of Medicine". He described the physical and chemical properties of each of these natural elements in their respective pure state, how they can be used; and how they can be harmonized. All his theory on this natural philosophy was towards achieving a good health. There are some modern "medicine" to some illnesses that will require you walk bare-footed on coarse sand.

Different philosophers gave different meaning to these components. Even in the study of 'Ir'fan (ma'arifa - spiritual knowledge of God), there are several interpretations for these natural elements.

The creations of Allah is full of wonders and little (qalil) is what we know about the universe. Some guess, some truly experience these and put forth different theories based on their capability. People uses these elements in dark sciences like witch craft, magic etc. While other uses it in good sciences like science and tech today. Everything in this material world, most philosophers explained, is of part or the combination of these elements.

It is in this regards that some "alfa", philosophers et al also want to explain the complexity of human being or his synchronization to these elements.

For me, the guidance of Muhammad (peace be on him and his progeny) and his purified household is enough.

Ma sha Allah, there is a complete Islamic guide from copulation, to pregnancy, breast-feeding, child up-bringing, youthful life, education, marriage, old age even death and beyond. Also Islam provide complete prevention and solution to every single problem man can encounter be it physical, mental, spiritual etc. It is just unfortunate that the level of our Tawakkul (reliance on God) is too low and our sins knows no bound. All these blocks our inner-self, weaken (infact kill) our spiritual ability thereby we lack the knowledge of the "nature of life" among others. After all our father, Nabi Adam (as) was endowered with knowledge of all thing.

With this in effect, Shaytan among the Jinns and man circulate their evil and false knowledge with evil prescriptions which will eventually leads towards destruction.

Wala haola, wala quwa, wala illma illah biLLAH, al-Aliyy al-Azeem

Salam alaykum
Ma sha Allah,thanks for your contribution dear brother.Your humble submission in the blue font says it all,may Allah reward you abundantly.

@Underlined,may Allah safeguard our Iman from whisper of satan.That's why I am always afraid for people consulting these people claiming to seek for guidance in the affairs.
But these so called 'Alfas' will tell you that there's nothing wrong in using these things,it's just 'simple calculations'.

Walaikum Salam Waramatulah Wabarakatuh

2 Likes

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Kazrem(m): 6:15pm On Nov 15, 2014
Salam alaikum brethren, I will be happy if anyone can help me with the information that I need.
A younger sister of mine wants to further her Arabic knowledge and has had some bad experience as regards that (not meant for here). Recently she heard there is Arabic class (or college, or something similar) at Lagos University Teaching Hospital, LUTH and wishes to apply but she doesn't know how to and other requirements. I would have helped her to find out but one, am not that chanced presently, among many other reasons. Additionally, she asked me to enquire about the Arabic class and I have promised her that I will at least to morally support her.
Please is there anyone who knows about the Arabic class in LUTH? Jazakumullahu
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 6:20pm On Nov 15, 2014
author=lanrexlan post=28032304]The first is Abawaye omi(water),Abawaye iyepe(sand),Abawaye ategun(wind) and Abawaye Ina(fire).
I used hear about this. Wallahu ta'ala allam. albaqir rightly summed everything
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 3:28am On Nov 18, 2014
Turkeys Looking Scared And (Scarce) In The US As "Thanksgiving" Nigh.

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 10:05am On Nov 18, 2014
'
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 10:19pm On Nov 18, 2014
Caller Threatens CAIR-Houston Office (Warning, Explicit Content)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fb0r9qseQeQ
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by AlBaqir(m): 9:56am On Nov 22, 2014
"Only the wise could estimate, the unlimited Grace of the Almighty Allah who releases us from calamities, and removes grief from the
defeated hearts. On numerous occasions, man is sorrowful in the morning. But by evening his disposition changes into happiness. So when you are surrounded by difficulties, repose absolute hope in the Unique God"
~Imam Ali(as)
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by AbdH: 11:10am On Nov 22, 2014
usermane:

This is just a perfect example of religious tolerance displayed in the West. At this point you shouldn't be talking about usermane, you should be asking yourself if your Muslim brothers in their Sharia states will tolerate a Christian congregation in their Mosque. The credit here goes to the Christians and to Secular values. Am surprise you cannot even see it.

Oh! And lest i forget, here is a token for bugging me, Empiree: Undercover Mosque

Bro, you couldn't be more wrong. Even the prophet SAW allowed a Christian congregation in his mosque.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 5:47am On Nov 25, 2014
Verily ! Allah will never change the condition of the people until they change it themselves (with state of Goodness).

^ This is what African Americans need. As far as I can tell, all struggles, sufferings of late civil right leaders like Malik Shabaz and Dr. King are lost. I do not see much of their struggles reflect on current generation of Black Americans. Yet, they celebrate Dr. King annually. They also celebrate "Black History Month". None of these things reflect on average Black Americans.

Grand Jury declined to indict officer Darren Wilson, who shot dead unarmed Black teenager Michael Brown on August in Ferguson. Former New York City Mayor, Giuliani said,

“The danger to a black child in America is not a white police officer, The danger is another black. Ninety-three percent of the time they are going to be killed by another black.”

As truthful as his statement can be, i find it difficult to support his view for personal reason. I really dont need to say much. Many us know how those people behave. That is why they really need to fix themselves. But chances of that happening is 0.01%. Not much love for one another. Only in terms of crisis like this they seem to reconcile. However, between August and today about at least 4 African Americans have been shot dead for no apparent reason by White cops. Another one just happened last week.

As always, prez just want them to accept Jury's decision and keep calm. It's only a matter of time before similar incident occur. But honestly,....

"Verily ! Allah will never change the condition of the people until they change it themselves (with state of Goodness)."
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by AlBaqir(m): 9:56am On Nov 25, 2014
Arabic Ajami removed in N100 note, replaced by Jewish Symbol "star of David". Muslim Rights Concern, MURIC cries out.
http://tribune.com.ng/news/news-headlines/item/22360-muslim-body-alleges-jewish-symbol-on-new-n100-note
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by ayinba1(f): 7:20pm On Nov 25, 2014
AlBaqir:
Arabic Ajami removed in N100 note, replaced by Jewish Symbol "star of David". Muslim Rights Concern, MURIC cries out.
http://tribune.com.ng/news/news-headlines/item/22360-muslim-body-alleges-jewish-symbol-on-new-n100-note

Salam alaykum brother. I am troubled by this. Is the symbol really the Jewish star of David? If the answer is no, kindly modify your post and explain the actual source of the symbol.
Muslims must never descend to the levels of peddling falsehood. Removing the Ajami letters happened but the inscription image is not a match to the Jewish symbol.
At first I saw it on Facebook and did not believe it but when I saw it sent out by MURIC, I paid attention but was really disappointed to see that the images do not match
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by AlBaqir(m): 11:08pm On Nov 25, 2014
ayinba1:

Salam alaykum brother. I am troubled by this. Is the symbol really the Jewish star of David? If the answer is no, kindly modify your post and explain the actual source of the symbol.
Muslims must never descend to the levels of peddling falsehood. Removing the Ajami letters happened but the inscription image is not a match to the Jewish symbol.
At first I saw it on Facebook and did not believe it but when I saw it sent out by MURIC, I paid attention but was really disappointed to see that the images do not match

Wa alaykum salam sister. Really I was disturbed too when I read the news and eagerly waiting for presidency's reply. Here's their response:
http://leadership.ng/business/391574/n100-notes-jonathan-lashes-back-muric

I know a counter reply might follow by MURIC. Though if the response is anything to go by, MURIC needs to apologize. However, I salute their courage for 'exposing' the presidency's intimacy with the Jew.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 11:32pm On Nov 25, 2014
^ Only time will tell. Things can only get worse not better. I like to not say anything until event actually unfolds. There is a creeping alliance systematically emerging within christian group in Nigeria and Jewish state. I hold on to my thought base on article i read in early 2008 written by a Jew. Most of the thing said in the article already happened. Whether this symbol is endorsing zionism or not, whether it's for the so called security features or not. Only time will tell. I will return here and tell you say "I told you so".
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Dikolas(m): 12:18am On Nov 26, 2014
we are now becoming OVER vigilant,about anything religion
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by vedaxcool(m): 6:32am On Nov 26, 2014
Empiree:
Only time will tell. Things can only get worse not better. I like to not say anything until event actually unfolds. There is a creeping alliance systematically emerging within christian group in Nigeria and Jewish state. I hold on to my thought base on article i read in early 2008 written by a Jew. Most of the thing said in the article already happened. Whether this symbol is endorsing zionism or not, whether it's for the so called security features or not. Only time will tell. I will return here and tell you say "I told you so".

One thing I came to realise is that the practice of demolishing homes where suspected BH operatives lived didn't start here it started from Israel, and like Israel it applies the policy hypocritically, while I can only recall one instance in which a property belonging to a non muslim was not demolished in Abuja, soldiers and ss went into an uncompleted building where mainly kekenapep drivers and mairuwa live, killed some of the individuals and arrested the rest labelling them BH, but refused to demolish the building - only for people to realise it was a ploy by the owner to evict them from his property! Indeed this clueless drunk seems to have an unholy tie to zionism!
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by bntY: 8:27am On Nov 26, 2014
Kazrem:
Salam alaikum brethren, I will be happy if anyone can help me with the information that I need.
A younger sister of mine wants to further her Arabic knowledge and has had some bad experience as regards that (not meant for here). Recently she heard there is Arabic class (or college, or something similar) at Lagos University Teaching Hospital, LUTH and wishes to apply but she doesn't know how to and other requirements. I would have helped her to find out but one, am not that chanced presently, among many other reasons. Additionally, she asked me to enquire about the Arabic class and I have promised her that I will at least to morally support her.
Please is there anyone who knows about the Arabic class in LUTH? Jazakumullahu

I asked someone. She said:She just needs to come with a passport n pay for d form.She'l b tested to know what class she'l fit in to.And classes holds on weekends 10am till zuhr.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Kazrem(m): 12:14pm On Nov 26, 2014
bntY:

I asked someone. She said:She just needs to come with a passport n pay for d form.She'l b tested to know what class she'l fit in to.And classes holds on weekends 10am till zuhr.
Jazakumullahu.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by snubish: 3:12pm On Nov 26, 2014
smiley wink Alhamdulillahi, I can post in the section again. Thanks Seun, and everyone that helped with dat, I appreciate. Salam.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 9:19pm On Nov 29, 2014
AbdH:

Bro, you couldn't be more wrong. Even the prophet SAW allowed a Christian congregation in his mosque.
Dont pay him no mind. He pretends a lot. Ask him if Popes have never visited or invited to mosques. They even prayed. What is that called, intolerant?
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by AbdH: 8:46am On Dec 01, 2014
Empiree:
Dont pay him no mind. He pretends a lot. Ask him if Popes have never visited or invited to mosques. They even prayed. What is that called, intolerant?

Even their lies can't bring Islam down. I get you.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by usermane(m): 12:16pm On Dec 01, 2014
Salaam.

Moderators, how come my topic; "Look Again In Those Books" has been removed.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by AlBaqir(m): 9:30pm On Dec 01, 2014
Where exactly is this Ummah heading? This is nak.edness wedding in the mosque. Alas! In the presence of the "Scholars".

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 9:42pm On Dec 01, 2014
^ you mean bride right?. can't see it properly cus im mobile
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by lanrexlan(m): 10:07pm On Dec 01, 2014
Empiree:
^ you mean bride right?. can't see it properly cus inn mobile
Yes, the bride.Firstly her head isn't covered.
Secondly, the so called wedding damn is transparent.
May Allah help us
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by kazlaw2000: 10:27pm On Dec 01, 2014
AlBaqir:
Where exactly is this Ummah heading? This is nak.edness wedding in the mosque. Alas! In the presence of the "Scholars".
Saddening. Pure imitation of Christians. Some people sha.

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (232) (Reply)

Cute and Romantic Photos Of Muslim Couples

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.