Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,821 members, 7,798,776 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:09 AM

Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station - Islam for Muslims (96) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station (246704 Views)

Janet Jackson Converts To Islam For $20 Million Wedding / ~* Deols is 2011 'Islam For Muslims' Section Poster Of The Year: Congrats~* / 'Islam For Muslims' Library (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (232) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 2:49pm On Mar 20, 2017
AlBaqir:
^^^ Em.piree, which one is "black soot"? Garri is poor man's only available delicacy o.
I was wondering what it is too. Will asked the lady that sent it to me
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Nobody: 5:10pm On Mar 20, 2017
Empiree:
Trouble De For That Country Faah. All Types Of Crazy News Everyday!

BREAKING!!! cool cool :-XBAD NEWS.

Please don't you dear fail to share this if you have a heart.
Keep on sharing till we save our dear ounce.

Black soot has affected southern part of the country, and people are dying by the day.

It will be evil of me, if I fail to share what happened at Oyigbo in Rivers state, where family of six are struggling with their lives as you're reading this.

Please, Please and Please! For now, don't dear buy yellow garri (garri with oil). Once this garri is colored, you can't tell which is affected according to Dr. Deji Afolabi.

Black soot has affected the soil, and its effect is more deadly in cassava than what you can imagine. When the garri is not white and smooth enough, don't dear it for any cost I beg you!

If we were able to fight Ebola, together we can do this.

And please, pray for Tamuno James , Uniport 300 level student who is in between life and death just because of garri.

Share to not less than ten people in your contact list if you have an atom of humanity left in you
undecided :-XDO NOT EAT OR DRINK SOAK GARRI FOR NOW! PLEASE!! undecided lipsrsealed

Please don't stop sharing till this message gets to your friends and family.

Copied

upon this "no money no money" we can't drink garri in peace again?
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 3:15pm On Mar 21, 2017
*How to make your children pray on their own without arguments or reminders - Here's a narrative from a sister:*

My Daughter was 12 years old and prayer was like a heavy burden on her. So I told her to pray one day and I monitored her. She took the carpet and threw it on the ground. I asked her if she prayed - she said yes - Believe me, without feeling I slapped her face - I know I made a mistake. The situation has troubled me and I cried and I repent to God to forgive me.. The slap, the talk, the reminders did not make a difference to my child.

One day a friend told me a story. She went to one of her friend for a visit. Her friend was not very religious, but when the Adhan prayer was called, her children rushed for prayers without reminders or quarrel. I said to her how do your children pray by themselves without quarrel or a reminder? She said, before I got married I used to pray this Dua and still pray it today.

After she told me the Dua, I began to recite in my prayers every time I could. Since I began to recite the Dua' my daughter is now the first to pray without me reminding her. She gets up for Fajr prayers without an alarm. And all her brothers are now eager to pray without any difficulties.

I know You are now eager to know this Supplication Dua..

The Supplication is in Surah Ibrahim 14:40.

And the Supplication is...

( رَبِّ ٱجۡعَلۡنِى مُقِيمَ ٱلصَّلَوٰةِ وَمِن* ذُرِّيَّتِى‌ۚ رَبَّنَا وَتَقَبَّلۡ دُعَآءِ (٤٠

*"Rabbi-Ij'alni muqeema salaat, wa min zurriyyati, Rabbana wataqabbal dua'*

O my Lord! make me one who establishes regular Prayer, and also (raise such) among my offspring O our Lord! and accept Thou my Prayer.

Aameen

Spread the knowledge so it will be Sadaqatul Jaariyah for you and for me... ان شاء الله .

The Messenger of Allah Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: “Whoever directs someone to a good, then he will have the reward equal to the doer of the action.” [Muslim 1893]
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by AlBaqir(m): 3:02pm On Mar 23, 2017
Falling! Falling!! Falling!!!

In 1929, there were only 15 million Christians in the whole of Africa. And the continent was overwhelmingly dominated by Muslims. Today, there are 520 million Christians and the continent is dominated by Christianity.

Just 40 years ago in Nigeria, Muslims were 70% of the population. Today, we are only 50%

# Root causes and solution?!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Demmzy15(m): 11:17pm On Mar 23, 2017
AlBaqir:

In 1929, there were only 15 million Christians in the whole of Africa. And the continent was overwhelmingly dominated by Muslims. Today, there are 520 million Christians and the continent is dominated by Christianity.

Just 40 years ago in Nigeria, Muslims were 70% of the population. Today, we are only 50%

Christians in most cases were able to get hold of pagans during the colonial era and after the era.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 1:50am On Mar 26, 2017
They are trying harder but failing still.

COPIED AS RECEIVED

INNA LILLAHI WA INNA ILAIHI RAJI UN!!!
asalamu alaikum warrahmatullah brothers and sisters in islam..
This is to inform you and all the muslim ummah around the world.
There is a complete quran application which some of the android phone come with. It was realized and revealed by a scholar here in danfodio university sokoto Nigeria(mallam yahaya kaura).
In the quranic application there is an addition of some words in suratul Al~imran. Which was seen clearly in the above picture..
Please he who come across this message share it around the world for other muslim ummah.
OH ALLAH DESTROY NON BELIEVERS AND THOSE THAT ARE WITH THEM..
AMEEN.
IF YOU AGREE SHARE AND ALWAYS SAY AMEEN.
Via. Muhammad Ali

1 Share

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Nafizzey(m): 9:10am On Mar 26, 2017
Empiree:
They are trying harder but failing still.

COPIED AS RECEIVED

INNA LILLAHI WA INNA ILAIHI RAJI UN!!!
asalamu alaikum warrahmatullah brothers and sisters in islam..
This is to inform you and all the muslim ummah around the world.
There is a complete quran application which some of the android phone come with. It was realized and revealed by a scholar here in danfodio university sokoto Nigeria(mallam yahaya kaura).
In the quranic application there is an addition of some words in suratul Al~imran. Which was seen clearly in the above picture..
Please he who come across this message share it around the world for other muslim ummah.
OH ALLAH DESTROY NON BELIEVERS AND THOSE THAT ARE WITH THEM..
AMEEN.
IF YOU AGREE SHARE AND ALWAYS SAY AMEEN.
Via. Muhammad Ali
Ameen ya Allah

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 9:06pm On Mar 26, 2017
The Leaking Bucket: Beware of the leaking bucket.

1.You wear abaya and hijab but with perfume and makeup. ( a leaking bucket )

2. You're following the Sunnah and have a beard but you don't lower your gaze. (A leaking bucket)

3. You pray all of your prayers on time but you have no Khushu at all. (A leaking bucket)

4. You're very kind to people and speak with them gently but with your family you're always harsh. (A leaking bucket)

5. You honour and treat your guests well but when they leave, you gossip about them and talk about their flaws. (A leaking bucket)

6. You give alot of Sadaqah to the poor but you humiliate them and hurt them. (A leaking bucket)

7. You stand up for tahajjud at night, fast and reads Quran everyday but you cut your family ties. (A leaking bucket)

8. You fast and have sabr for the pangs of hunger and thirst but you swear, insult, curse. (A leaking bucket)

9. You help others but you're doing it to gain something from them and not doing those acts of kindness for the sake of Allah's Glory. (A leaking bucket)

10. You post reminders and have thousands of followers on facebook and instagram but you're doing it for the fame, not to please Allah. (A leaking bucket)
You read this beautiful post and you gain from it but deliberately refuse to share it with other (LEAKING BUCKET)

Do not gather all your good deeds in a leaking bucket.

You struggle to fill it whilst it easily runs out through the leaking holes!

May Allah make us do all of good actions for pleasing HIM alone and may HE be pleased with us always.

Allahumma aameen!
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 4:59am On Mar 30, 2017

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 5:06am On Mar 30, 2017

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 5:12am On Mar 30, 2017
He speaks about kneeling and prostrating to greet parents and elderly. To save you time, you may listen from 20mins

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-j8hR4iuYc

Makes sense with his brief explanation
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by tintingz(m): 6:49am On Mar 30, 2017
AlBaqir:

Yes, I will agree Muslims population was high years years back, First of all Muslims in Nigeria are tagged as illiterates, not civilized and too strict(countless of people said I don't look like a Muslim because of my funky looks) and I think the falling of Muslim population started when there are frequent terrorism/terrorist attacks. No one wants to be in a religion that's associated with terrorism all over the world, I know some Muslims who left Islam because of this.

The moment some people know that I'm a Muslim because of my beard gang thing, I'm quickly asked if I'm boko haram, imagine.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Rilwayne001: 7:14am On Mar 30, 2017
tintingz:
Yes, I will agree Muslims population was high years years back, First of all Muslims in Nigeria are tagged as illiterates(countless of people said I don't look like a Muslim because of my funky looks) and I think the falling of Muslim population started when there are frequent terrorism/terrorist attacks. No one wants to be in a religion that's associated with terrorism all over the world.

A friend of mine just converted to Christianity. This girl was not just a Muslim by name o, she's a devoted oñe that used to wear hijab. All of a sudden she just started saying "Jesus is Lord " and I was like Ruqayat, what happened, when did Jesus become Lord? She replied by saying her mother is a Christian and she's trying out, which means she knows virtually nothing about Christianity. So I tried to ask some basic questions, when she sees that my questions are getting tough she quickly changed tune and was like "I'm still a Muslim", I just shook my head and continue minding my business.

There is this friend of mine back then is secondary school too, Morufat. She's now a Church quire.

The point is, unless we want to continue fooling ourselves, the rate at which people are leaving Islam for the past, say 10 years now, it's alarming. Not just in nigeria, but in almost every part of the world. And it all boils down to all these bizarre sects and their barbaric acts towards unbelievers and those who don't agree with their way.

But then what do I know? Absolutely nothing!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by tintingz(m): 8:22am On Mar 30, 2017
Rilwayne001:

A friend of mine just converted to Christianity. This girl was not just a Muslim by name o, she's a devoted oñe that used to wear hijab. All of a sudden she just started saying "Jesus is Lord " and I was like Ruqayat, what happened, when did Jesus become Lord? She replied by saying her mother is a Christian and she's trying out, which means she knows virtually nothing about Christianity. So I tried to ask some basic questions, when she sees that my questions are getting tough she quickly changed tune and was like "I'm still a Muslim", I just shook my head and continue minding my business.

There is this friend of mine back then is secondary school too, Morufat. She's now a Church quire.

The point is, unless we want to continue fooling ourselves, the rate at which people are leaving Islam for the past, say 10 years now, it's alarming. Not just in nigeria, but in almost every part of the world. And it all boils down to all these bizarre sects and their barbaric acts towards unbelievers and those who don't agree with their way.

But then what do I know? Absolutely nothing!
Thank you, well said bro, Islamic scholars, sheikhs need to do more to enlighten Muslims about rules on fighting Jihad wars, all what they preach and do is how to collect money and tell how women are not performing well at home to thier husbands and criticizing Christians.

I've seen many people trying to convert me to Christianity and that's the last religion I will never convert to i rather be a deist or Buddha than be a christian even tho my mum was an ex-christian, her family are all Christians, in fact we use to go for their boxing day party (the day After Christmas) till date but i will never convert to that irrational faith.

2 Likes

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by AlBaqir(m): 8:51am On Mar 30, 2017
tintingz:
Yes, I will agree Muslims population was high years years back, First of all Muslims in Nigeria are tagged as illiterates, not civilized and too strict(countless of people said I don't look like a Muslim because of my funky looks) and I think the falling of Muslim population started when there are frequent terrorism/terrorist attacks. No one wants to be in a religion that's associated with terrorism all over the world, I know some Muslims who left Islam because of this.

The moment some people know that I'm a Muslim because of my beard gang thing, I'm quickly asked if I'm boko haram, imagine.

Apart from the terrorism associated with Islam, in this society of ours, with the interpretation of various issues and manners of preaching and dealings, Islam might continue to loose its ground.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by tintingz(m): 10:10am On Mar 30, 2017
AlBaqir:

Apart from the terrorism associated with Islam, in this society of ours, with the interpretation of various issues and manners of preaching and dealings, Islam might continue to loose its ground.
Yes, the way some Muslims portray Islam is really unattractive.

There is one teblic house around my street, they are not showing the beauty of Islam, their children are not even allow to study in the higher institution.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 4:42pm On Mar 30, 2017
This is really irrelevant to me. There will forever be converts and reverts back n forth. It has always been like that.

However, Nigerians are mostly lazy people with respect to research save few. This is what oyinbo people are good at. Nigerians that left Islam for christianity do so for materialism rather than religious conviction. As rilywane rightly said that they have no knowledge about Islam. That sums it all.

Muslims however will have to do more. Let me tell you that Christianity officially stopped growing in 2003 when the west used to give them money to destroy Islam from late 80s to 2000 but failed. So any converts to Christianity now has little to no effect on Islam. They lost the battle. In the West it is really other way around for Christianity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by AlBaqir(m): 5:13pm On Mar 30, 2017
Empiree:
This is really irrelevant to me. There will forever be converts and reverts back n forth. It has always been like that.

However, Nigerians are mostly lazy people with respect to research save few. This is what oyinbo people are good at. Nigerians that left Islam for christianity do so for materialism rather than religious conviction. As rilywane rightly said that they have no knowledge about Islam. That sums it all.

Muslims however will have to do more. Let me tell you that Christianity officially stopped growing in 2003 when the west used to give them money to destroy Islam from late 80s to 2000 but failed. So any converts to Christianity now has little to no effect on Islam. They lost the battle. In the West it is really other way around for Christianity.

Am sorry that's the only better thing you've said up there @bold. The rests are excuses. Let's learn to recognize and blame our mistakes and inequalities so that we can rebuild an almost collapse house of Islam in this society of ours.

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Demmzy15(m): 8:05pm On Mar 30, 2017
Empiree:

Gbam!!! There was a recent revert in the UK some days back. Before he became Muslim, he already knew how to pray, fast and do most stuffs Muslims did. He only called the Imam to proclaim the Shahadah. This is a 23year old man who has researched alot before finally stopping at Islam.

Allaah is my witness, there's no week I don't hear about a revert from US, Canada or the UK. Every week, at least 3 people become Muslims.

2 Likes

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 7:00am On Mar 31, 2017
Hajj free for needy.
If you know anyone who is poor and their age is
60-70 and he/she is unable to do hajj due to
financial conditions...
"Muhammad National Group" in JEDDAH will
make arrangements of hajj for such people in
free of cost. Saudi Arabia Contact no.
Pls forward this to other Muslims to get reward
of your good deeds on the judgement day...
JazakALLAH khair.

#Copied
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 10:10pm On Mar 31, 2017

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Amoto94(m): 2:06pm On Apr 01, 2017
COMPILATION OF ADVICES TO THOSE WHO REBEL/HATE/CRITICIZE THE RULERS OPENLY

1) The khawarij and their manhaj exposed by Shaykh Rabee' (hafidhahullah):
http://www.salafitalk.net/st/viewmessages.cfm

2) Very detailed compilation concerning the muslim rulers and those who rebel against them:
https://abdurrahman.org/rulers/

3)Rebellion against the unjust ruler? - Narration from the Salaf:
https://safeshare.tv/x/GnRFanhYBII

4)The Position of Ahlul Sunnah regarding Rebellion against the Muslim & Kaafir rulers:
https://safeshare.tv/x/ss58a54378b2a17

5)The Sahaba Never Rebelled Against Their Oppressive Ruler
https://safeshare.tv/x/a7tZjf6cdEs

6)Sahaabah and The Evil Sinful Ruler
https://safeshare.tv/x/ss58a54431ec0e2

7)Speaking publicly against the Rulers
(Part 1):
https://safeshare.tv/x/9j_6k7QO1Hk
(Part 2):
https://safeshare.tv/x/L3YNW2XQPFc

8.)Principles Regarding Takfeer and Tafseeq :
https://safeshare.tv/x/IgCW4ZFkWtU

9)Refutation of the Dawah Call of the Khawarij Takfiris:
https://safeshare.tv/x/ss58a5462451e45

10)REFUTATION OF ISIS AND THE KHAWARIJ:
https://safeshare.tv/x/NAInotIa6VQ

11) Revolting Against The Rulers
(Part 1):
https://safeshare.tv/x/uhxLKS-i0tA
(Part 2):
https://safeshare.tv/x/9KAgfErA9vw

12)Closing the door of rebellion against the ruler:
https://safeshare.tv/x/ss58a547e887b8d

13)Declare the Islâmic state in your homes first- Shaykh Al Albani (rahimahullah):
https://safeshare.tv/x/ss58a5489f184cb

14)The creed of the salaf concerning those in Authority:
https://safeshare.tv/x/WxjZe274b40

15) Hearing and obeying the leader/ruler
https://safeshare.tv/x/x_rytekVhZo

16)Question on obeying the rulers:
https://safeshare.tv/x/Lx1THNgpU9U

17)Shaykh Ibn Bâz: Obeying Rulers Who Do Not Rule By Sharî'ah:
https://safeshare.tv/x/gVieYvJYbW0

18)Ruling on backbiting and condemning the rulers - Shaykh Ibn 'Uthaymîn:
https://safeshare.tv/x/ss58a54ac094811

19)Shaykh Ibn Baaz about Critizing the Muslim Leaders:
https://safeshare.tv/x/0heUX__Z4L8

20)Condemning the rulers from the pulpits | Imâm Ibn Bâz:
https://safeshare.tv/x/ss58a54b57ee037

21)Publicizing the Faults of the Governments- Al 'Uthaymeen
https://safeshare.tv/x/vWpfIBfzU7o

22)Claim: "Peace treaties with Kuffâr is Kufr" | Ibn 'Uthaymîn:
https://safeshare.tv/x/-F9ITlZ_EwM

23)Raising Arms Against The Ruler:
https://safeshare.tv/x/ss58a54c652d3c9

24)Shaykh Bin Baz - Inciting People to Oppose Governments:
https://safeshare.tv/x/ayK0ijm-20Q

25)Shaykh Ibn 'Uthaymeen about the Arab rulers (exclusive, detailed Fatwâ):
https://safeshare.tv/x/iLhBFIvWiI4

"The person who is seeking the truth, one evidence will be enough for him. A person who is upon their desires, a thousand evidences will still not be clear for him." - Shaykh Al Albani (rahimahullah)
Translated by Umar Quinn (hafidhahullah)

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by AlBaqir(m): 6:57am On Apr 02, 2017
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 12:54am On Apr 03, 2017

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 7:13pm On Apr 03, 2017
CAN SOMEONE CONFIRM THIS INCIDENT?

REST IN PEACE CHIEF MAXWELL ABDULLAH OF RUMUOLUMENI... PLEASE READ THIS FOR ALLAH'S SAKE

Chief Maxwell was born in the Rumuolumeni Community in Port Harcourt city, Rivers State. He was converted into Islam 3 years ago and chose Abdull as his new name. After his conversion he comes to the Mosque everyday.

Chief Maxwell Abdullah converted to Islam but non of his children or wife followed him. He was sick early last month and he was admitted in the hospital. Some Muslims in the mosque contributed to pay his bill in the hospital and his family was amazed. To cut the long story short, Chief Maxwell Abdullah was confirmed dead on Wednesday but after the confirmation, amazingly Chief Maxwell Abdullah came back to life and the news spread around the city of Port Harcourt. On Thursday afternoon Chief Maxwell called his children and wife and told them that he should be buried in an Islamic way if passed on and he died on Friday.

When we got to Jummat on Friday, we were told that we will be going to Chief Maxwell's house to hear from his family if they will allow us to burry him in an Islamic way and behold his family accepted and told us his last words that he should be buried in an Islamic way and we were told to go to the hospital to carry his corpse for the final prayer before his remains was put 6 feet underground.

One amazing thing happened on Friday evening he buried. 7 Imams from different mosque were present on this day because it is something that has never happened before in Port Harcourt city and legs could not contain Rumuolumeni Community as so many people (Muslims) from other places were present to witness this uncommon evening.

On the next day which was Saturday, His children visited the mosque for conversion into Islam. When they were asked for their reasons they said they said their father's stopped pouring alcohol or libation on one thing he worshipped in the house and burnt them. He was actually mixing Christianity plus Idol and their father changed from ranting attitude and became someone that calmly explain things to them and so many other things. They are now also converted to Islam.

May Allah Forgive Chief Maxwell Abdullah and grant him Jannat firdahus (paradise). May Allah be with his family now and forever.

Man Shaa Allah

Share please
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Demmzy15(m): 8:11pm On Apr 03, 2017
A street sign in Madinah, Saudi Arabia grin cheesy cool

1 Share

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 11:42pm On Apr 03, 2017
VIEWERS DISCRETION APPLIED

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided undecided undecided undecided

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 2:47pm On Apr 04, 2017
This is intolerance.

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Nobody: 12:47am On Apr 05, 2017
grin
Empiree:

Exactly my thought. I was about completing reading the apologetic posts up here and make my comments. If anyone converts to Christianity, that's his business, I'm not apologetic at all.

For me the difference between Islam and Christianity is so clear that I think only a fool will leave Islam for Christianity (may
Allah save us from shaytan)

7 Likes

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Nobody: 12:53am On Apr 05, 2017
I dont need any third party to validate my belief. If Morufat abandons Islam, that's her problem. I don't outsource my thinking.

A religion whose preaching focuses on hereafter versus one whose teaching focuses on this life? A religion that has something to say about every activity, including how to enter toilet versus one whose mode of worship is not even prescribed but left to anyone to do as he wishes. Islam is tougher to practice and that's another validation. Ain't exams hard? Do goodvthings come easy? You need to work and sweat for it. Islam is not merriment.

The proofs of authenticity of Islam are just too glaring that I don't take serious stories of con3conversion by any Muslim.

And by the way Christianity is declining in the West. A good number of them are tuturning atheists.

And please, Islam is still the most practised religion in Africa.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Nobody: 1:06am On Apr 05, 2017
Demmzy15:
A street sign in Madinah, Saudi Arabia grin cheesy cool

Masha Allah, I know here

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 1:42am On Apr 05, 2017
Fasting the Month of Rajab

by Shaykh Muhammad Hisham Kabbani

Fasting the months of Rajab and Sha`ban as a nafila or supererogatory worship is recommended, with the intention of following the Sunna of the Prophet (s) by which the merit of this fast has clearly been established.

[I`Abd al-Rahman al-Jazai'ri in his book al-Fiqh `ala al-madhahib al-arba` (Islamic law according to the Four Schools) in the chapter entitled "Fasting Rajab, Sha`ban and the Rest of the Holy Months" states:[/i]

Fasting the months of Rajab and Sha`ban is recommended (mandub) as agreed upon by three of the Imams, while the Hanbalis differed in that they said fasting Rajab singly is disliked, except if one breaks the fast during it then it is not disliked. Regarding the holy months Dhul Qi`da, Dhul-Hijja, Muharram, and Rajab fasting them is recommended according to three of the Imams, while the Hanafis differed in that they said what is recommended in the Holy months is to fast three days from each of them, which are Thursday, Friday and Saturday.(1:557)

HADITHS ON RAJAB

In Muslim, Abu Dawud, and Ahmad: Uthman ibn Hakim al-Ansari said: I asked Sa`id ibn Jubayr about fasting in Rajab, and we were then passing through the month of Rajab, whereupon he said: I heard Ibn `Abbas(r) saying: "The Messenger of Allah (s) used to observe fast so continuously that we thought he would not break it, and did not observe it so continuously that we thought he would not observe fast."

Imam Nawawi commented on this in Sharh Sahih Muslim:

"It would appear that the meaning inferred by Sa`id ibn Jubayr from Ibn `Abbas' report is that fasting in Rajab is neither forbidden nor considered praiseworthy in itself, rather, the ruling concerning it is the same as the rest of the months."

Imam Nawawi continues:

"Neither prohibition nor praiseworthiness has been established for the month of Rajab in itself, however, the principle concerning fasting is that it is praiseworthy in itself, and in the Sunan of Abu Dawud the Prophet (s) has made the fasting of the sacred months praiseworthy, and Rajab is one of them."

Ibn Majah and Ahmad, relate the hadith of a man who repeats:

"I can bear more," [i.e. supererogatory fasting] and to whom the Prophet (s) finally says: "Fast during the sacred months."

In Abu Dawud and Bayhaqi:

From Mujiba al-Bahiliyya who reported that her father (or uncle) was told by the Prophet (s) three times: "Fast some and leave some in the sacred months."

Bayhaqi and Abu Nu`aym relate from `Umer ibn Shibl mawqufan, who said:

"I heard Abu Qilaba say: 'There is a palace in Paradise for those who fast the month of Rajab.'

Ibn Qudama states in al-Mughni (3:118-119):

"It is disliked that Rajab be singled out for fasting."

Imam Ahmad said: "If a man fasts during that month, let him break the fast for one day in it, or several, just so as not to fast it all.'"

Imam Ahmad bin Hanbal said: "Whoever fasts all year round may fast all of it [i.e. Rajab]. Otherwise, let him not fast all of it but only some of it so that he will not liken it to Ramadan."

In conclusion, it is definitely allowed to fast Rajab and Sha`ban in part or in whole, and we say it is recommended, as the clarity of the intention to follow the Sunna and the knowledge that only the fast of Ramadan is obligatory, preclude the reprehensibility of those who used to honor Rajab in rivalry with Ramadan, and Allah knows best.

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (232) (Reply)

Cute and Romantic Photos Of Muslim Couples

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.