Nairaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / Login / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 1238099 members, 1649942 topics. Date: Wednesday, 23 April 2014 at 01:29 PM

Arab Men And Body Odor - Ethnic/Racial Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ethnic/Racial Politics / Arab Men And Body Odor (12288 Views)

South Sudan And Chad Apply To Join The Arab League / Yoruba Men And Igbo Women Marraige - What's The Reason? / Were The Moors Black Or Arab? (1) (2) (3) (4)

(0) (1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arab Men And Body Odor by plus_Queen: 11:14pm On Oct 05, 2008
I hear some really dedicated ones don't wear deodorants or colognes ( or perfumes especially at Ramadan.)
Is it true?
I've had some horrible experiences with some Arabs here in the USA and strong BO
Enough to initiate vomiting.
Re: Arab Men And Body Odor by ifyalways(f): 3:33pm On Oct 06, 2008
. . . . Is it about nationalities?thought it was all about personalities involved?Heard Chinese people reek of garlic,have met with a garlic-free Chinese cool.Maybe its just the ones you have met undecided ,seen quite a handful of NEAT Arabians.Not doubting you though . . . undecided
Re: Arab Men And Body Odor by Cayon(f): 4:34pm On Oct 06, 2008
My palestian friend said he don't brush his teeth, bathe when he is fasting.  After fasting he bathe.  Well, like he said he don't be around his girlfriend during the day so he has no problem.  Now I work around an Indian, a malawian and a Pakistan - my Jesus, the Indian and the Pakistan arms stink from here to high heaven.  Now the dude from Malawi - he has an old mildrew smell but cannot be compared to the Indian and Pakistan.  I work with the Indian dude a lot and everytime he call to say he is coming at my desk - I clean my desk with Lemon wipes.  In that way i don't have to inhale his scent.

There is nothing we can do - b/c its cultural for them not to wear deudorant and my company respect each and eveyone religion and culture.
Re: Arab Men And Body Odor by ifyalways(f): 4:50pm On Oct 06, 2008
aaah,it says during Ramadam?am sorry but i did not see that earlier.
So back to topic,maybe its a religious ritual,no artificial flavorings during fasting cheesy
Re: Arab Men And Body Odor by ikeyman00(m): 8:50pm On Oct 06, 2008
pakistan are born pig!! my experince as a flat mate is not any thing to go by
Re: Arab Men And Body Odor by Leilah(f): 8:56pm On Oct 06, 2008
THERE IS ONE INDIAN MAN IN MY APT BLOCK.  I HAVE NEVER IN MY WHOLE LIFE SMELLED THE SMELL THATS OFF HIM. GENERALLY ARAB MEN ARE VERY CLEAN. ESP FROM THE GULF STATES. SOME NIGERIANS SMELL REALLY BAD TOO, YOU KNOW THAT BO SMELL,

I HAVE DATED THEM, I AM HALF ARABIC AND LET ME TELL YA MOST OF THEM ARE SUPER CLEAN!
Re: Arab Men And Body Odor by KarmaMod(f): 9:06pm On Oct 06, 2008
Leilah:

SOME NIGERIANS SMELL REALLY BAD TOO, YOU KNOW THAT BO SMELL, !

Seriously. that smell is so distinct. I can tell a typical Nigerian just by that smell.

Anyway some Arab men do tend to reek. I dont get it.

Then again I've learned to hold my breath 90% of the time Im around people.
Re: Arab Men And Body Odor by ikeyman00(m): 9:07pm On Oct 06, 2008
oh u just remember u got some arab blood 419ner like u hha

fake oyibo ha na joke ooo
Re: Arab Men And Body Odor by Cayon(f): 10:28pm On Oct 06, 2008
Leilah:

SOME NIGERIANS SMELL REALLY BAD TOO, YOU KNOW THAT BO SMELL,
Well I work around couple Nigerians and never smell them.  However, one of them don't like to comb his hair grin grin.  His hair always look like little balls. He cracks me up b/c sometimes I'll bring him lunch from home and he'll eat it 4 b/fast.  grin grin

And i don't think these Nigerians are going to smell because they always in their shirt and tie (sometimes jacket).  Must admit they are very smart people. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Arab Men And Body Odor by omoge(f): 10:34pm On Oct 06, 2008
garlicky smell eh undecided
Re: Arab Men And Body Odor by plus_Queen: 2:58am On Oct 07, 2008
KarmaMod:

Seriously. that smell is so distinct. I can tell a typical Nigerian just by that smell.

Anyway some Arab men do tend to reek. I don't get it.

Then again I've learned to hold my breath 90% of the time I'm around people.

and you're still alive?
Re: Arab Men And Body Odor by plus_Queen: 3:06am On Oct 07, 2008
The other day in an aircraft.This man in flowing robes almost killed off the rest of his co passengers.
I don't know if that is now the bomb of choice or what?
Chei
It was a nightmare.
The guy was on the first row for coach and we all had to pass him to enter
as soon as you got there,the strench was unbelievable.
Then the worst of all,as I approached he was raising his arms arranging his stuff in the overhead
I nearly passed out

He was on front row for coach
But he was everywhere

It was a bumpy ride I tell ya.
He was travelling with a wife and a child and I kept looking at the woman and I was filled with pity.
how can someone lay in bed nightly with a bag of rotten croaker fish.
tufia
Re: Arab Men And Body Odor by plus_Queen: 3:11am On Oct 07, 2008
Leilah:

THERE IS ONE INDIAN MAN IN MY APT BLOCK. I HAVE NEVER IN MY WHOLE LIFE SMELLED THE SMELL THATS OFF HIM. GENERALLY ARAB MEN ARE VERY CLEAN. ESP FROM THE GULF STATES. SOME NIGERIANS SMELL REALLY BAD TOO, YOU KNOW THAT BO SMELL,

maybe the ones I have been inhaling over the years are from the non gulf states
I'm not an expert
All I know is that they were wearing flowing gowns and had long beards,
Re: Arab Men And Body Odor by Nobody: 3:12am On Oct 07, 2008
Naija men and BO, nothing new
Re: Arab Men And Body Odor by plus_Queen: 3:17am On Oct 07, 2008
arab men and indo pakistani are worse than naija ones
BO mixed with garlic and spices.
Re: Arab Men And Body Odor by KarmaMod(f): 2:05pm On Oct 07, 2008
plus_Queen:

and you're still alive?
]

In such situations, I just breath with my mouth with a scarf or whatever over my face. tongue

when im back to civilization, the nose gets back to work
Re: Arab Men And Body Odor by Ibime(m): 2:59pm On Oct 07, 2008
It is simply because muslims use oil-based perfumes instead of alchohol-based ones. Whilst oil-based perfumes smell nice, they have no anti-perspirant qualities.

1 Like

Re: Arab Men And Body Odor by Negro_Ntns(m): 3:01pm On Oct 07, 2008
I just breath with my mouth with a scarf or whatever over my face.

Ah! Oniranu. . .  Why do you think Arab women wear Burkah and cover their face when they go around strange men?  

Whats that saying , , ,   When you are around Romans, you dress like Roman women?  Something like that. . . .

I got a black burkah for sale, still in the package wrap, ,  will look good on you   cheesy
Re: Arab Men And Body Odor by HR.hotness(f): 3:13pm On Oct 07, 2008
Met a few arab men on my recent trip to dubai and they smell divine. . . i guess it all depends on the individual
Re: Arab Men And Body Odor by KarmaMod(f): 3:35pm On Oct 07, 2008
Negro_Ntns:

I got a black burkah for sale, still in the package wrap, ,  will look good on you   cheesy

Dream on. It's look better on you
Re: Arab Men And Body Odor by KarmaMod(f): 3:36pm On Oct 07, 2008
Ibime:

It is simply because muslims use oil-based perfumes instead of alchohol-based ones. Whilst oil-based perfumes smell nice, they have no anti-perspirant qualities.

Normal people use deodorant AND perfume.
Re: Arab Men And Body Odor by Leilah(f): 3:42pm On Oct 07, 2008
What d'ya mean Ikeyeman shocked

maybe some of them smell! phohkn hell!
Re: Arab Men And Body Odor by ifyalways(f): 3:47pm On Oct 07, 2008
HR.hotness:

Met a few arab men on my recent trip to dubai and they smell divine. . . i guess it all depends on the individual
Thank you ! kiss
Re: Arab Men And Body Odor by ikeyman00(m): 6:15pm On Oct 07, 2008
alleluya!!!!
Re: Arab Men And Body Odor by Haji Negro: 11:20pm On Oct 07, 2008
You all are freaks!! What are you doing sniffing on a man you met on the street anyway?
Re: Arab Men And Body Odor by omoge(f): 11:24pm On Oct 07, 2008
haha, ask o grin not really sniffing but there are some that just draw itself into your nose grin
Re: Arab Men And Body Odor by plappville(f): 11:28am On Oct 14, 2008
the Indian and the Pakistan arms stink from here to high heaven. Now the dude from Malawi - he has an old mildrew smell but cannot be compared to the Indian and Pakistan.
lollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllssssssssssssssssssssss funny you!
Re: Arab Men And Body Odor by plappville(f): 11:31am On Oct 14, 2008
CAYON)I clean my desk with Lemon wipes. In that way i don't have to inhale his scent.
I almost fianted laughing.
Re: Arab Men And Body Odor by plappville(f): 11:33am On Oct 14, 2008
LEILAH)THERE IS ONE INDIAN MAN IN MY APT BLOCK. I HAVE NEVER IN MY WHOLE LIFE SMELLED THE SMELL THATS OFF HIM
u guys go kill me with laugh here ooo cool
Re: Arab Men And Body Odor by plappville(f): 11:36am On Oct 14, 2008
Anyway my indian collegue is very neat, i don't smell anything, he is young though.
Re: Arab Men And Body Odor by slimfine(f): 1:49am On Dec 23, 2008
they even mix it with heavy scented perfume that is simply repulsive angry
Re: Arab Men And Body Odor by Ndipe(m): 1:52am On Dec 23, 2008
At my former job, one of my co-workers would complain to another guy that he stank. One or more folks at work picked up on the incident and even then the guy would ask me if he smelt. While I was being very diplomatic, I have to say this, BO is absolutely nauseating, particularly in America, where deodrants are cheap.

(0) (1) (Reply)

Omoyele Sowore Owner Of Sahara Reporters Is Actually An Ijaw Man / "You're Pretty, For An African" Ouch! How To React? / Oshogbo Is Nigeria's Most Beatiful City.(pics) ACN IS WORKING

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2014 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See Nairalist and How To Advertise
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.