Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:42 AM

Aviate - A Must Have App For Every Tecno User - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Aviate - A Must Have App For Every Tecno User (1956 Views)

Mark Zuckerberg's Epic Response To Darlene Loretto, A Facebook User / Tecno User Need Upgrade Of Lollipop On There Phone / 10 Must-have App For A New Android User (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aviate - A Must Have App For Every Tecno User by vowiski(m): 12:10pm On Jul 01, 2014
Nothing has got me really fulfilled playing with my Android Smartphone. I have had apps and deleted in almost equal succession and I don’t really get upbeat when any app is hyped like the world was coming to end in 2012 as predicted by the Mayan calendar. I have literally been disappointed by promises a lot of app developers make which later turn out to be a shameful let down.

In skepticism, I decided to try out Aviate in full knowledge that it would replace my Xperia home screen which I spent a good number of days customizing. Naturally, users have to adapt to the home screen like I did with my Xperia smartphone instead of it adapting to us. This of course, is the reason why I can’t call Aviate just an app, rather it qualifies as a “smart app,” that simplifies your smartphone without your help.
Home screen Like Never Before

aviate home screen

Installing the app for the first time with take you to several options where you have to accept permissions to make Aviate work like a charm. Within seconds, you are greeted with an ever intuitive home screen and you might notice a huge sign of relief almost immediately.

Instead of having a bunch of blank home screens and customizing same everytime, Aviate dramatically changes how we interact with our smartphones. A simple tap on the home button would reveal the main screen, which comes by default with a large image as well as five app icons carefully arranged at the bottom of the screen. Swiping to the right reveals a collection of your most used apps, also neatly organized in collection – Productivity, Social, Music, Entertainment and Productivity etc. Each of these special collection have an arrow icon on the upper right corner you can tap to reveal “apps not frequently” used.

home screen1

If you swipe even further to the right, you get to see pure awesomeness. All of your apps are arranged in alphabetical order. You see everything in one spot and you never need to crack your brain looking for where a particular app is located.
Aviate Spaces

This is ultimately where Aviate set itself apart. It reli.... culled from http://www.techrez.com/2014/07/yahoo-aviate-for-android-review.html
Re: Aviate - A Must Have App For Every Tecno User by DesChyko: 12:14pm On Jul 01, 2014
GoEx Launcher undecided
Re: Aviate - A Must Have App For Every Tecno User by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jul 01, 2014
undecided Ugly icons
Re: Aviate - A Must Have App For Every Tecno User by parrotibaba(m): 1:45pm On Jul 01, 2014
and u said dis is a must app 4 android users?
Re: Aviate - A Must Have App For Every Tecno User by vowiski(m): 3:03pm On Jul 01, 2014
parrotibaba: and u said dis is a must app 4 android users?

and what's wrong about that?
Re: Aviate - A Must Have App For Every Tecno User by rattlesnake(m): 3:06pm On Jul 01, 2014
Just to call n receive fa.....
Wetin ekaete find come androit
Re: Aviate - A Must Have App For Every Tecno User by blank(f): 3:26pm On Jul 01, 2014
vowiski: Nothing has got me really fulfilled playing with my Android Smartphone. I have had apps and deleted in almost equal succession and I don’t really get upbeat when any app is hyped like the world was coming to end in 2012 as predicted by the Mayan calendar. I have literally been disappointed by promises a lot of app developers make which later turn out to be a shameful let down.

In skepticism, I decided to try out Aviate in full knowledge that it would replace my Xperia home screen which I spent a good number of days customizing. Naturally, users have to adapt to the home screen like I did with my Xperia smartphone instead of it adapting to us. This of course, is the reason why I can’t call Aviate just an app, rather it qualifies as a “smart app,” that simplifies your smartphone without your help.
Home screen Like Never Before

aviate home screen

Installing the app for the first time with take you to several options where you have to accept permissions to make Aviate work like a charm. Within seconds, you are greeted with an ever intuitive home screen and you might notice a huge sign of relief almost immediately.

Instead of having a bunch of blank home screens and customizing same everytime, Aviate dramatically changes how we interact with our smartphones. A simple tap on the home button would reveal the main screen, which comes by default with a large image as well as five app icons carefully arranged at the bottom of the screen. Swiping to the right reveals a collection of your most used apps, also neatly organized in collection – Productivity, Social, Music, Entertainment and Productivity etc. Each of these special collection have an arrow icon on the upper right corner you can tap to reveal “apps not frequently” used.

home screen1

If you swipe even further to the right, you get to see pure awesomeness. All of your apps are arranged in alphabetical order. You see everything in one spot and you never need to crack your brain looking for where a particular app is located.
Aviate Spaces

This is ultimately where Aviate set itself apart. It reli.... culled from http://www.techrez.com/2014/07/yahoo-aviate-for-android-review.html

My HTC blinkfeed does all of these and more.
Re: Aviate - A Must Have App For Every Tecno User by Leobreezy(m): 7:27pm On Jul 02, 2014
I installed it some days back. It does seem pretty cool, I had to uninstall though cuz it zaps battery and data due to the home screen news feed. All the same though it's nice.
Re: Aviate - A Must Have App For Every Tecno User by iamdutch: 6:06pm On Jul 05, 2014
Can anyone plz send me an invite?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How To Fix The Problem Unfortunately, Com.process.google.gapps Has Stopped / Is Anybody Using An Excelvan MT10 Tablet Here, I Need Your Help! / Please Who Has Unlocked Smile 4G LTE Mifi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.