Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,845 members, 7,806,387 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:38 PM

Everyone Should Change Their Passwords Nowww!!! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Everyone Should Change Their Passwords Nowww!!! (1325 Views)

No Matter How GRUMPY You May Be Right Now~these Should Change Your Mood / Nneka123 And Seriousbabe Need To Change Their Attitudes / Why Do Some People Change Their Picture On Facebook After Being Found? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Everyone Should Change Their Passwords Nowww!!! by Kslib(m): 12:19pm On Jul 01, 2014
Just some few minutes ago, i wanted to log in to my account but i couldn't. I thought it was some kind of error but on a second try, i saw "WRONG PASSWORD" boldly written. This has never happened before and the fact that my browser was and always has been on "auto save username and password" i knew something was wrong.

I tried again-- the same thing. That was when i knew someone just hacked my account and changed my password. Hehehe! No be person tell me, na better speed i take use go reset my password.

To avoid stories that touch, change your NL password RIGHT NOW as Seun advised and also change the password of the email address you registered on nairaland with (NOW) esp if that is your personal email address.

Seems like this cyber war is not over. The people behind it certainly have no intention of giving up just yet BUT i assure them that this is a battle they cant and wont win. Once beaten, Twice shy!!!

Forgive my use of foul language but i just have to say it------------------ Attackers---- una papa!! grin

1 Like

Re: Everyone Should Change Their Passwords Nowww!!! by olamikunle213(m): 12:21pm On Jul 01, 2014
OK make I try my own den
Re: Everyone Should Change Their Passwords Nowww!!! by Kslib(m): 12:26pm On Jul 01, 2014
olamikunle213: OK make I try my own den
Better!
Re: Everyone Should Change Their Passwords Nowww!!! by lirusehn(m): 12:30pm On Jul 01, 2014
is dia anyone who needs my password and username?? PM me asap!

2 Likes

Re: Everyone Should Change Their Passwords Nowww!!! by Guykhena(m): 12:30pm On Jul 01, 2014
Kslib: Just some few minutes ago, i wanted to log in to my account but i couldn't. I thought it was some kind of error but on a second try, i saw "WRONG PASSWORD" boldly written. This has never happened before and the fact that my browser was and always has been on "auto save username and password" i knew something was wrong.

I tried again-- the same thing. That was when i knew someone just hacked my account and changed my password. Hehehe! No be person tell me, na better speed i take use go reset my password.

To avoid stories that touch, change your NL password RIGHT NOW as Seun advised and also change the password of the email address you registered on nairaland with (NOW) esp if that is your personal email address.

Seems like this cyber war is not over. The people behind it certainly have no intention of giving up just yet BUT i assure them that this is a battle they cant and wont win. Once beaten, Twice shy!!!

Forgive my use of foul language but i just have to say it------------------ Attackers---- una papa!! grin
Between the last 6months you changed your password right?
Since NL took us to the past(Jan 10) your new password won't be valid only your old password of that period,,,
Same happened with me ,and when I used my old password it worked smiley
Re: Everyone Should Change Their Passwords Nowww!!! by Kslib(m): 12:31pm On Jul 01, 2014
And again, Seun, I saw this security alert pop-up when i was typing on this thread.

I dont know if its something you'll want to look at.

Re: Everyone Should Change Their Passwords Nowww!!! by Kslib(m): 12:34pm On Jul 01, 2014
Guykhena: Between the last 6months you changed your password right?
Since NL took us to the past(Jan 10) your new password won't be valid only your old password of that period,,,
Same happened with me ,and when I used my old password it worked smiley
Nah! I have never changed this password since I registered on NL. Even if i did, then the memory must have been completely wiped out from my head which is very unlikely.
Re: Everyone Should Change Their Passwords Nowww!!! by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jul 01, 2014
I usually login to my nairaland account with china phone... Is changing my password necessary?
Re: Everyone Should Change Their Passwords Nowww!!! by Kslib(m): 11:50pm On Jul 01, 2014
frankben: I usually login to my nairaland account with china phone... Is changing my password necessary?
Even if na gas cooker you take dey access nairaland, change your password!
Re: Everyone Should Change Their Passwords Nowww!!! by Emmyk(m): 6:34am On Jul 02, 2014
Can my account be hacked? I doubt cheesy
Re: Everyone Should Change Their Passwords Nowww!!! by Idrismusty97(m): 1:19pm On Jul 02, 2014
I am suspecting some of you change your passwords after Jan 10(Nairaland last backup). Five months later you must of forgotten your old password. You log in with your new password not knowing it has been erased from the database. This is just a mere speculation though.
Re: Everyone Should Change Their Passwords Nowww!!! by meobizy(f): 6:26am On Jun 30, 2020
It is only one person I suspect of changing my password and it always happens whenever I do constant battle with a former moderator. If that doesn't tell someone there is a gain, likely financial, to changing users' passwords then I don't know what will.
Re: Everyone Should Change Their Passwords Nowww!!! by bodyfitandcare: 6:53am On Jun 30, 2020
Solution to :
Arthritis, Rheumatism and Body Pain
It's a New Natural Sulfur to Treat Arthritis, Rheumatism, Waist pain, Joint pain, Knee pain, Body tiredness, and General health Challenges Naturally... Once and for all

It is said to be the Safest and most Reliable Natural Treatment so far.
https://www.nairaland.com/5959810/solution-arthritis-rheumatism-body-pain

for direct whatsapp and order click
https:///k3e83x

(1) (Reply)

If Your Relationship Was A Movie What Would It Be Called? / Photo Of The Day / Top 10 Most Technologically Advanced Countries In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.