Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,330 members, 7,780,862 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:04 AM

Man Stabs Himself To Death After His Fiancee Dumped Him In Ogun State(photos) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Stabs Himself To Death After His Fiancee Dumped Him In Ogun State(photos) (1518 Views)

Man Stabs Friend Over 200 Naira Burial Levy In Onitsha...(graphic Pictures) / Man Stabs Landlord To Death In Lagos (pictured) / Man Stabs Girlfriend After She Caught Him Sucking Her Sister's Boobs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Stabs Himself To Death After His Fiancee Dumped Him In Ogun State(photos) by barryzkween(f): 2:13pm On Jul 01, 2014
Tragedy struck at the Onikolobo area of Abeokuta, Ogun State on Saturday when a 33-year-old man, Oluwatosin Otaiku, stabbed himself to death after his fiancee, Olaogun Oluwatoyin, discontinued their relationship.

According to PUNCH Metro, Otaiku killed himself after his woman told him she was no longer interested in the relationship. After the girlfriend made a U-turn, the deceased was said to have become worried, and this made neighbours, who were aware of the development, intervene. Efforts were made to reconcile them. Continue....
On one of such occasions, an eyewitness said the duo was invited to discuss in privacy inside a shop at Safari junction in Onikolobo. Otaiku had hid a knife in his pocket, prepared to end it all if therewas no truce. Unfortunately, Olaogun stood her ground and maintained that she could not continue with the relationship.

On hearing this unfavourable verdict, the deceased reportedly brought out the knife from his pocket which made Olaogun to run out of the shop, thinking she was the target. She immediately alerted neighbours who rushed into the shop and met the deceased stabbing himself.

Otaiku was rushed to the Mercy Hospital in the Panseke area of Abeokuta. From there, he was referred to the Federal Medical Centre, Idi-Aba, also in Abeokuta, but he died on the way to the hospital.

The case was said to have been reported at the Adigbe Police Division and policemen were sent to the scene for investigation. While they took the remains of Otaiku to the Ijaye General Hospital mortuary, three other people were whisked away in a Hilux Van marked, NPF 7092 C.

The State Police Public Relations Officer, Muyiwa Adejobi, a Deputy Superintendent of Police, confirmed the incident, adding that the police were still holding on to Otaiku’s remains until a postmortem examination would be carried out.

Adejobi explained that the command was still examining the statements by the suspects and eyewitnesses.
He said:

“The lady is still with us, she is still our suspect for now until we carry out a proper investigation on the corpse. We need some time to study the statements, but the expert’s opinion is to carry out a postmortem on the body which we are going to do. I can assure you that the command will do the needful in order to get to the root of the incident.”

More here http://kweenyetty..ca/2014/07/man-stabs-himself-to-dealth-after-his.html

Re: Man Stabs Himself To Death After His Fiancee Dumped Him In Ogun State(photos) by mkoabiola: 2:33pm On Jul 01, 2014
So sad,ds guy was my frnd younger brother,
Wen hs brother told me I was grief.
He has alwys been a fool right frm tym

2 Likes

Re: Man Stabs Himself To Death After His Fiancee Dumped Him In Ogun State(photos) by iheanyi40(m): 3:19pm On Jul 01, 2014
mko abiola: So sad,ds guy was my frnd younger brother,
Wen hs brother told me I was grief.
He has alwys been a fool right frm tym
grin grin are u serious ?
Re: Man Stabs Himself To Death After His Fiancee Dumped Him In Ogun State(photos) by phlame(m): 10:41am On Jul 08, 2014
barryzkween: Tragedy struck at the Onikolobo area of Abeokuta, Ogun State on Saturday when a 33-year-old man, Oluwatosin Otaiku, stabbed himself to death after his fiancee, Olaogun Oluwatoyin, discontinued their relationship.

According to PUNCH Metro, Otaiku killed himself after his woman told him she was no longer interested in the relationship. After the girlfriend made a U-turn, the deceased was said to have become worried, and this made neighbours, who were aware of the development, intervene. Efforts were made to reconcile them. Continue....
On one of such occasions, an eyewitness said the duo was invited to discuss in privacy inside a shop at Safari junction in Onikolobo. Otaiku had hid a knife in his pocket, prepared to end it all if therewas no truce. Unfortunately, Olaogun stood her ground and maintained that she could not continue with the relationship.

On hearing this unfavourable verdict, the deceased reportedly brought out the knife from his pocket which made Olaogun to run out of the shop, thinking she was the target. She immediately alerted neighbours who rushed into the shop and met the deceased stabbing himself.

Otaiku was rushed to the Mercy Hospital in the Panseke area of Abeokuta. From there, he was referred to the Federal Medical Centre, Idi-Aba, also in Abeokuta, but he died on the way to the hospital.

The case was said to have been reported at the Adigbe Police Division and policemen were sent to the scene for investigation. While they took the remains of Otaiku to the Ijaye General Hospital mortuary, three other people were whisked away in a Hilux Van marked, NPF 7092 C.

The State Police Public Relations Officer, Muyiwa Adejobi, a Deputy Superintendent of Police, confirmed the incident, adding that the police were still holding on to Otaiku’s remains until a postmortem examination would be carried out.

Adejobi explained that the command was still examining the statements by the suspects and eyewitnesses.
He said:

“The lady is still with us, she is still our suspect for now until we carry out a proper investigation on the corpse. We need some time to study the statements, but the expert’s opinion is to carry out a postmortem on the body which we are going to do. I can assure you that the command will do the needful in order to get to the root of the incident.”

More here http://kweenyetty..ca/2014/07/man-stabs-himself-to-dealth-after-his.html

SMH...NIGERIAN POLICE FORCE... cry
Re: Man Stabs Himself To Death After His Fiancee Dumped Him In Ogun State(photos) by delishpot: 11:41pm On Jul 09, 2014
phlame:

SMH...NIGERIAN POLICE FORCE... cry

My dear na so we see am o. No propper record for citizens, no documenration, if dem let her go, she fit jus vanish. Based on that dem dey arrest everyone, guilty or not keep for cell until further notice. And even if you were found innocent, you go still pay for bail.
Naijiriya jaga jaga.

(1) (Reply)

Prophet Dies After Asking Followers To Bury Him Alive To Strengthen His Powers / How My Boss R@ped Me In His Office In Lagos - Lady Reveals Full Account / Madness!!! See Weapons Recovered From Bandits In Zamfara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.