Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,770 members, 7,806,121 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:46 AM

Auxillary Gear Systems Please What's The Benefit - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Auxillary Gear Systems Please What's The Benefit (1723 Views)

Hand Brake Or Gear Park(p) Which Should Come First? / Ml320 Auxillary Position / How Do I Use The Auxillary Gear Of Toyota Prado Manual 2006 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Auxillary Gear Systems Please What's The Benefit by kingschild123(m): 4:21pm On Jul 01, 2014
I often hear people asking if a particular vehicle has an auxillary gear system. Please I would love to know the benefits of this in vehicles, constructive comments are highly appreciated.
Re: Auxillary Gear Systems Please What's The Benefit by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jul 01, 2014
If the 'auxiliary gears' is in offroad vehicles and some SUVs, then you're referring to locking differentials. They are used to 'shift' power from the engine to either the rear wheel or front wheel or all wheels so as to lock the wheels together and gain transmitted power, torque and traction thus enabling them to move over various types of surface (rocks, hills, sand, mud, gravel, grass, water logged areas etc).

1 Like

Re: Auxillary Gear Systems Please What's The Benefit by kingschild123(m): 5:12pm On Jul 03, 2014
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

How Much Will It Cost To Clear Lexus Jeep RX300 2002 Model In Lagos? / Mobil 1 5W 30 Engine Oil For Toyotas Now Avaialable / This Gold Rolls-Royce Is On Sale For ~£118K,But You Can Only Buy It With Bitcoin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.