Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,357 members, 7,800,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:09 AM

State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road (15014 Views)

Senators On Tour Of Federal Roads In South-East Nigeria (Photos) / One Of The Worst Roads In Nigeria / Salaries Of Federal And State Legislators - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by NewNigeriaMind: 5:01pm On Jul 01, 2014
This is the federal road that leads to the port that generates billions of Naira on a yearly basis. This is the road to Apapa Road from Coconut Bus-stop through Tincan Island. It swallows trailer tyres and even causes containers to fall. Motorists say a journey that shouldn't take up to 5 minutes sometimes takes up to one hour. And this road has been like this for years. See more photos after the cut...

Source-Lindaikeji blog.

My opinion:

The federal government is non-existing in Lagos and south west generally.

4 Likes

Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by NewNigeriaMind: 5:03pm On Jul 01, 2014
more

Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jul 01, 2014
The Federal Government will get there soon. The president is busy at the moment trying to fulfill the promises he made during his campaign to other states. It'll be the turn of Lagos state in 2016. This is why you have to vote for GEJ for continuity.

6 Likes

Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jul 01, 2014
mtcheeeeeeew.
Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by incubatordealer: 5:14pm On Jul 01, 2014
let them do it wif Tinubu s money

10 Likes

Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jul 01, 2014
My God! This is truly nigeria?

1 Like

Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jul 01, 2014
I ain't sympathetic to any political party but we should stop politicising everything. Why single out only 1 section? Please show pictures of the same stretch of road under construction from Mile 2 to cele b/stop.

Yes, it is true that the federal govt took a long time before taking action on that road but they have started work already...

So my ppl, be patient and allow government do their work.

[size=18pt]@OP and everyone viewing this thread, if u know you haven't urinated on that road, spewed out saliva or catarrh on that road, or threw satchet of water, biscuit, gala etc & empty bottle of lacasera, coke, or water on that road, then cast the 1st stone on the federal govt.[/size] We all (Lagosians) are guilty in 1 way or the order for the deplorable state of that road

36 Likes

Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by Emulti(m): 5:15pm On Jul 01, 2014
chai diais god god oo
Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by saasala(m): 5:16pm On Jul 01, 2014
My neighbour is a tanker driver, he has narrated his ordeals with me several times. I myself have been through that road a couple of times. Its such a pityable bysmal pysmal and regrettably lugrubrious. Read this article on the state of roads in Lagos: http://www..com/lagos-roads-bad-roads-bad-network-long-queues/

3 Likes

Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by youngmonie: 5:16pm On Jul 01, 2014
And the Reno was blabbing about this same road being renovated on twitter, cant pin point to one federal project the FG enbarked upon in the SW apart from the Lagos -IB which they are alredy saying another story again

6 Likes

Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by ExpressBooking(m): 5:16pm On Jul 01, 2014
it is very disheartening.
Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by yorke1: 5:17pm On Jul 01, 2014
Tinubu should do it

1 Like

Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jul 01, 2014
I'm tired, just tired.
Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by NewNigeriaMind: 5:18pm On Jul 01, 2014
Another road which I have not yet been able to understand why it is in that sorry state is the airport road from - as you descend from oshodi oke driving towards ajao estate to the international airport. why that little stretch of road is in that state is beyond me. Even less important roads in Yaba and Sabo to Ikorodu axis under the state government is in a better state. Yet this road leads to our international airport.

7 Likes

Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by Toosure70: 5:18pm On Jul 01, 2014
Fresher air.
Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by NewNigeriaMind: 5:19pm On Jul 01, 2014
yorke1: Tinubu should do it

Please what has this got to do with Tinubu.

Is Tinubu the federal government or is Tinubu the minster for works

19 Likes

Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by youngmonie: 5:19pm On Jul 01, 2014

IDIOT, THEY SAID SOMETHING IS A FEDERAL ROAD, THIS ONE IS SHOUTING TINUBU, IS HE THE GOVERNOR? how may projects are at logged head in lagos state which the federal government is stopping them from doing all because they are federal properties..numerous

13 Likes

Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jul 01, 2014
PITY
Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jul 01, 2014
Utterly shameful!!

Is there a federal government in that country, since it seems it has failed woefully in all aspects of governance, apart from sycophancy and spamming everywhere with the fugly face of GEJ the weasel and his obese illiterate wife?

What a country! undecided

1 Like

Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by Toosure70: 5:20pm On Jul 01, 2014
with ur mouth

2 Likes

Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by yorke1: 5:22pm On Jul 01, 2014
NewNigeriaMind:

Please what has this got to do with Tinubu.

Is Tinubu the federal government or is Tinubu the minster for works

But he did some federal roads based on agreement previously while didn't they include this particular road.
Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by hensben(m): 5:22pm On Jul 01, 2014
wetin i wan type/talk wey i never talk/type before concerning nigeria official leaders

sit down look na dog name
Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by Erotex(m): 5:23pm On Jul 01, 2014
If all this road exist in Lagos, why are they laughing SE federal roads? U won comut someone's apollo meanwhile u have bunch of it in ur eyes!!

5 Likes

Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by Mutuwa(m): 5:23pm On Jul 01, 2014
".Federal Roads* irresponsible govt,meaningless infrastructural policies angry
Believe me on can take cover in one of this pot holes,and a car may pass him without hurt. grin
Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jul 01, 2014
They need to stop all these useless demarcations of state and federal roads, except maybe in a few cases.

I also heard Festac roads are under federal jurisdiction, wtf?

I am just tired men, what more can we say?
Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by NewNigeriaMind: 5:23pm On Jul 01, 2014
If a road can swallow a container, how much more my ayokele car from Toyota.

Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by Firefire(m): 5:24pm On Jul 01, 2014
Nice terrible pictures, can we see other inner roads in same area

2 Likes

Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by mickyarams: 5:24pm On Jul 01, 2014
This hopeless country is cursed!

NewNigeriaMind: This is the federal road that leads to the port that generates billions of Naira on a yearly basis. This is the road to Apapa Road from Coconut Bus-stop through Tincan Island. It swallows trailer tyres and even causes containers to fall. Motorists say a journey that shouldn't take up to 5 minutes sometimes takes up to one hour. And this road has been like this for years. See more photos after the cut...

Source-Lindaikeji blog.

My opinion:

The federal government is non-existing in Lagos and south west generally.

1 Like

Re: State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jul 01, 2014
mickyarams: This hopeless country is cursed!

See this yeye fowl, Na your village dey cursed cause the Nigeria i belong to is only sick but not cursed!!! angry

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

... / Oshiomhole Saves South-South APC Meeting From Collapse / Budget Padding: DSS Lacks Rights To Investigate Reps, Says Falana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.