Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,583 members, 7,809,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:37 PM

A Sad And Terrible Experience With Inspiredmen - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / A Sad And Terrible Experience With Inspiredmen (5239 Views)

My Cotonou Experience With HiliaryAutos / My Wonderful Experience With Mr Tadeus / MY Terrible Experience With CHUCKY234 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Go Down)

A Sad And Terrible Experience With Inspiredmen by inema: 9:12am On Oct 06, 2008
I HAD SERIES OF TELEPHONE CONVERSATION WITH inspiredmen AS REGARDS SOME CARS HE POSTED ON NAIRALAND THAT I'm INTRESTED AND WE AGREED THAT I SHOULD COME TO LAGOS AT LEAST TO SEE THE CARS I WANT TO BUY.
ON FRIDAY 03/10/08 I LEFT P-H WITH LAST FLIGHT VIRGIN ATHLANTIC TO LAGOS,I GOT TO THE HOTEL AND NOTIFIED THIS GUY OF MY ARRIVAL AND WE AGREED THAT I WILL SEE HIM ON SATURDAT MORNING SINCE IT WAS LATE THAT FRIDAY.
ON SATURDAY 04/10/08 AT EXACTLY 08:45am I CALLED HIM SO THAT HE CAN DIRECT ME ON HOW TO GET TO HIS OFFICE BUT I WAS AMAZED WHEN HE ASKED ME THAT WHICH CARS DID I SAY I WANT,I TOLD HIM AGAIN AND GUESS WHAT THIS GUY REPLIED ME?"PEOPLE ARE HERE TO BUY THEM"I WAS SHOKED because IVE HEARD SERIES OF DISCUSSION BEFORE FLYING DOWN TO LAGOS.
AGAIN I REQUESTED FOR HIS ADDRESS SO THAT AT LEAST WE CAN SEE ONE ON ONE AND MAYBE I LOOK AT OTHER CARS BUT HE TOLD ME THAT INFACT HE'S NOT SURE IF HE WILL OPEN SHOP THAT DAY AND HE NEVER CALLED BACK TILL I LEFT LAGOS,
THIS CAME AS A BIG DISSAPOINTMENT TO ME ,HAVING LEFT EVERYTHING I WOULD HAVE DONE THAT WEEKEND,ALL THE MONEY I SPENT ON FLIGHT TO AND FRO,HOTEL ACCOMODATION,FEEDING,LOCAL TRANSPORTATION,ETC.
I LEARNT A LOT OF LESSON ON THAT TRIP.(1)I WONT TRUST EVERY WRITER ON NAIRALAND AGAIN,(2)MAYBE inspiredmen WANTED ME TO PAY MONEY IN TO HIS ACCOUNT FOR HIM TO DELIVER A CAR I HAVE NOT INSPECTED.inspiredmen SHOULD KNOW THAT PEOPLE don't DO BUSINESS THAT WAY AGAIN.
MY PURPOSE OF WRITTING THIS IS SO THAT INNOCENT PEOPLE SHOULDNT SUFFER WHAT IVE GONE THROUGH AGAIN because THERE MAY BE A LOT OF PEOPLE WAITING ON THE LINE TO VISIT HIM OR PAY MONEY TO HIM,PLEASE MAKE GOOD ENQURIES ABOUT inspiredmen BEFORE DOING BUSINESS WITH HIM.
I'm WRITING THIS OUT OF NO SENTIMENTS OR MALICE AFTERALL I don't EVEN KNOW HIM BEFORE.
I'm STILL WAITING FOR ANYKIND OF EXPLANATION FROM inspiredmen ANYDAY ANYTIME.
Re: A Sad And Terrible Experience With Inspiredmen by Emperoh(m): 9:25am On Oct 06, 2008
Oya a la Inspired
Oga insoire how true is this allegation?
We need to hear from both sides before any terrible judgement.
Abi Landers no be so?
Re: A Sad And Terrible Experience With Inspiredmen by chikeze(m): 9:30am On Oct 06, 2008
i reserve my comment until we hear from oga inspiredman.
Re: A Sad And Terrible Experience With Inspiredmen by Nobody: 9:30am On Oct 06, 2008
Re: A Sad And Terrible Experience With Inspiredmen by dejicool: 9:48am On Oct 06, 2008
Inspired u gotta say something at least. U're online so u got no excuse brov.
Re: A Sad And Terrible Experience With Inspiredmen by Daddypearl: 9:51am On Oct 06, 2008
Hi Guys,

I've been a quiet visitor to this site NAIRALAND and I quite appreciate the various insteresting business relatonships and community that it has enabled.

It's a pity that just when I made up my mind to interract on a particular choice of car, the wahala btw inspiredman and Inema surfaced.

Inspiredman, if you're actually inspired to do legitimate business, we need an explanation from you.

It's a shame if someone is just out to play on our intelligent.
Re: A Sad And Terrible Experience With Inspiredmen by DatNiggaAk(m): 10:59am On Oct 06, 2008
thats more than 40k wasted
inspired, what have you to say?
Re: A Sad And Terrible Experience With Inspiredmen by toba1909(m): 11:20am On Oct 06, 2008
Hmmmm,

Inema,
I really feel your pain on reading what you went through.

Inspired_m,
I think you'll bring reasonable comments out this time,
and not trying to cover up what led to this kinda act?
Re: A Sad And Terrible Experience With Inspiredmen by promise72(m): 11:22am On Oct 06, 2008
ziontrain:

I think we should be patient and wait to hear from Inspired.

@Siena, is there a way we can get Seun to clean up this forum and set some standards here? See where this is heading - loss of confidence on nairaland dealers. Seun cannot afford to have this "hands-off" approach when the house he built is on fire! It's only a matter of time before buyers start leaving this forum in droves and you and I know how bad news spread. This policy of "buyer beware and everybody do whatever you like" is not going to help anybody.

I don't think we should hang anybody yet but just having this kind of conversation is very unhealthy to the forum.

@ Ziontrain,

To clarify your position why don't you start all your comments on Inspire with a disclaimer that you have a vested intered in Inspired selling some of your cars for you. It will really make it fair.

How do you discount a fact that someone left from P.H only on empty promises. It will be far fetched to make this type of thing up. I am willing to see how it plays out but don't try to sound Neutral. The innocent bystander pose. I pray you don't find out about this guy the hard way. don't come back here crying like a baby. cry
Re: A Sad And Terrible Experience With Inspiredmen by ziontrain: 11:33am On Oct 06, 2008
@Promise72, please read my posting very well. l don't understand what you mean that I have vested interested in Inspired "selling my car". How can Inspired sell a car for me? So, if I have a car to sell, I cannot advertise it on nairaland but give it to inspired. Are you not aware that Inspired and I fought to standstill on this forum all of the last 2 weeks because of what I perceive as his unwholesome business practices? I don't even know what to make of your posting? I think you either need a lesson on what Sarcasm stands for or need to do your homework before making postings here. I am definitely NOT an Inspired supporter but that does not mean he should not be given fair hearing before "passing any judgement".

I really feel sorry for @Inema. This type of situation is what I have been fighting for on this forum for months. I don't know if Inema asked and got  VIN number for the vehicles he's interested in. Maybe if he did, that would have saved him a wasted trip to Lagos. Anyway, let's still wait to hear Inspired's side of the story.
Re: A Sad And Terrible Experience With Inspiredmen by idupaul: 11:35am On Oct 06, 2008
nspired_m,
I think you'll bring reasonable comments out this time,
and not trying to cover up what led to this kind of act?

What act are u talking off?

@ poster

I really sympathize with u about the whole episode (hope u nt part of the bring inspired down crew)

Pls can u be specific on the flight ( Is it Virgin Nigeria or Atlantic), what time exactly did u depart.

U said he never called back(I would like to know if u tried calling him after that)
Re: A Sad And Terrible Experience With Inspiredmen by toba1909(m): 11:40am On Oct 06, 2008
idupaul:

Do you really understand what u're asking?
I asked what led to the act inspired_m played there.

idupaul:

@ poster

I really sympathize with u about the whole episode (hope u nt part of the bring inspired down crew)

please can u be specific on the flight ( Is it Virgin Nigeria or Atlantic), what time exactly did u depart.

U said he never called back(I would like to know if u tried calling him after that)

Can't you let the dude involved in this matter,
comment on this before throwing question back at the guy?
I swear Nigeria can't develop with this kind of people amidst the citizens.
Re: A Sad And Terrible Experience With Inspiredmen by idupaul: 11:44am On Oct 06, 2008
Can't you let the dude involved in this matter,
comment on this before throwing question back at the guy?

I asked that question to find out if this is a genuine case, as we all know there has been a plan to use slander to bring inspired to disrepute.
Besides if the poster didnt want comment why did he post this on a public forum, he should have called or sent inspired a mail.
Re: A Sad And Terrible Experience With Inspiredmen by kusehin(m): 12:32pm On Oct 06, 2008
Inspired should come out to tell us what transpired between them. He has to do this so that fellow nairalanders will not loose faith in prospective enterptreneurs on this site. please Inspired, explain your sidfe.
Re: A Sad And Terrible Experience With Inspiredmen by adeyemik: 12:55pm On Oct 06, 2008
Hi Nairalanders,

I have been a passive participant on this forum, and I have tried as much as possible to remain neutral but it seems the trend and path this forum taken if not nip in the bud will rubbish the whole purpose for which it was set up. I want to commend Ziontrain and Siena for their bluntness, uprightness and desire to ensure that atmosphere of sanity, truth and sincere dealings prevail in the house. Inspired_Man, I equally commend you for you doggedness and survival instinct amidst all the allegations flying at you left right and center.

It high time the moderator sanitize the forum to return its credibility to pre-September status. Those who support the honourable path of trust GOD BLESS YOU ALL AND ENRICH YOU RICHLY, and for those who take path of falsehood, I urge you to repent and turn a new leaf because IT IS A FEARFUL THING TO FALL IN TO THE HAND OF TH LORD and A GOOD NAME IS BETTER THAN GOLD, DIAMOND OR SILVER, REMEMBER WE WILL ALL GIVE ACCOUNT TO GOD.

Inmea, if in truth you came down to Lagos to transact a business deal, taking all the risk and ended up being disappointed, dont worry be happy, in every disappointment there is alway a blessing, you will get a better deal that will surprise you sooner than you expect where you will be able to recoup all loss. But if in the act of pulling others down, you cooked up with this story, the GOD of the person you want to pull down shall fight for him. Remember what happened to HAMAN when he came up against MORDECAI

Regards,

Adeyemik
Re: A Sad And Terrible Experience With Inspiredmen by Nobody: 1:04pm On Oct 06, 2008
Re: A Sad And Terrible Experience With Inspiredmen by inspiredm(m): 1:49pm On Oct 06, 2008
@ inema,

I can't remember the exact car you were interested in, can you please specify, it would assist in making a reasonable explanation to your ''Peculiar case''. I'm presently using a mobile device, so my response might be slightly delayed. Thanks.
Re: A Sad And Terrible Experience With Inspiredmen by keba(m): 2:12pm On Oct 06, 2008
Hmm, what a similar experience on the same day. Please inema, take things easy for it is quite a sad tale to tell.
Kindly state the car in which you were interested in as inspired has requested so he can give us an explanation
to all this.
Re: A Sad And Terrible Experience With Inspiredmen by bigfather(m): 2:37pm On Oct 06, 2008
I think Inspired should have even asked the poster to come to his office first, there and then the guy can then make another choice of car if the one he indicated interest in has been sold ! HABA !
Re: A Sad And Terrible Experience With Inspiredmen by inema: 2:45pm On Oct 06, 2008
I stand to gain nothing in tanishing ones image.I appreciate all your comments but let it be clear to every one that i only explained my predicaments  and not to pull down any sincere business man.
I flew from port-harcourt to Lagos on friday 03/10/08 with Virgin Nigeria at exactly 06:10pm and landed by 07:25pm, took a taxi from MM2 to Villa Sophia hotel in Omole estate phase 1.
I called inspired-man on his Zain network mobile to inform him of my arrival.
on saturday 04/10/08 at about 08:50am,i called him again to give me direction on how to see him but unfortunately i got very bad feed back from him.
first he told me that the car i came for was being inspected by some people,secondly that he could not open his shop then because he's going somewhere.i was depressed cos i primarilly made that trip becouse of the car i saw at nairaland and picked intrest in.
All the same,im not expecting any comment  or apologies from inspired-man cos what has happened has happened but anyone that does business like that can never  succeed even if you succeed such wealth never last.

Back to my earlier interest - I need toyota camry 2000 model with four cylinders. any one that has one with low milleage should please contact me on 08039601611 or inemabellgam@yahoo.com
Re: A Sad And Terrible Experience With Inspiredmen by Gifo(m): 2:48pm On Oct 06, 2008
I'm really impressed by the position respectable guys like ZionTrain are taking on this issue, your tone is mature and the way it ought to be.  Toba 1909 I think you are firing steam a bit prematurely making you come up as ready-for-a-fight.
[quote
[quote][/quote]
As per your quote, well development does not mean absence of differing views or people for that matter,you can come home and be an active developer.
The fact remains that even as of now Nairalanders are still patronising Inspired_Men despite all the heated issues of recent. So there must be something; nairalanders are not fools I think. You may be actually aiding his popularity by your enthusiasm. So what's the fuss?
Re: A Sad And Terrible Experience With Inspiredmen by kevyngbash(m): 2:49pm On Oct 06, 2008
@ inema
that was a sad experience oo.

somehow the story sounds so simple. did you say everything that happened, even on the phone? I asked this question cos you said Inspired was reluctant to tell you his office address. That sounds like,

I guess inspired was doing 'first come first served' sha. You sef for commit small money naw to tie the thing down, even if na 20k.

pele.

Inspired say something before,
Re: A Sad And Terrible Experience With Inspiredmen by bigfather(m): 2:51pm On Oct 06, 2008
kevyngbash:

@ inema
that was a sad experience oo.

somehow the story sounds so simple. did you say everything that happened, even on the phone? I asked this question because you said Inspired was reluctant to tell you his office address. That sounds like,

I guess inspired was doing 'first come first served' sha. You sef for commit small money naw to tie the thing down, even if na 20k.

pele.

Inspired say something before,

Which kain commitment wan pass wetin the guy don go through ? Bros make you sef put ya sef for him shoes naa ! You fit commit just 10kobo for wetin you never carry ya eye see ? What if the guy doesn't like the car ,wetin go come happen to the money wey him deposit ? undecided
Re: A Sad And Terrible Experience With Inspiredmen by bigfather(m): 2:53pm On Oct 06, 2008
quote author=inema link=topic=179501.msg2901174#msg2901174 date=1223300743]
I stand to gain nothing in tanishing ones image.I appreciate all your comments but let it be clear to every one that i only explained my predicaments and not to pull down any sincere business man.
I flew from port-harcourt to Lagos on friday 03/10/08 with Virgin Nigeria at exactly 06:10pm and landed by 07:25pm, took a taxi from MM2 to Villa Sophia hotel in Omole estate phase 1.
I called inspired-man on his Zain network mobile to inform him of my arrival.
on saturday 04/10/08 at about 08:50am,i called him again to give me direction on how to see him but unfortunately i got very bad feed back from him.
first he told me that the car i came for was being inspected by some people,secondly that he could not open his shop then because he's going somewhere.i was depressed because i primarilly made that trip becouse of the car i saw at nairaland and picked intrest in.
All the same,I'm not expecting any comment or apologies from inspired-man because what has happened has happened but anyone that does business like that can never succeed even if you succeed such wealth never last.

Back to my earlier interest - I need toyota camry 2000 model with four cylinders. any one that has one with low milleage should please contact me on 08039601611 or inemabellgam@yahoo.com

[quote][/quote]

Gbam ! Inspired make you try refund the guy money atleast half .
Re: A Sad And Terrible Experience With Inspiredmen by Jodesky(m): 2:54pm On Oct 06, 2008
kuntash:

who's Inspired men; Idapaul; seun; romeobest? lets think.

So so obvious!, the voices of Esau. It does appear to me that moderator (Seun or whoever it can be) is in league with Inspired or else a simple ip verification would have shown the links (if any) between these quantities.

idupaul:

@ poster

please can u be specific on the flight ( Is it Virgin Nigeria or Atlantic), what time exactly did u depart.

Balderdash! This is nothing short of an insult on our collective intelligence. Should the poster be kept busy with your pedantic rigmarolle while u guys are trying to rake up a defence. Let Inspired come up with his story and the proxies should go perch until we hear from him. Its sickening the kind of brains being exhibited here and this calls to question the moderator's integrity as he has become so passive to this burgeoning opprobrium.  

Inspired, pls take time out to just send a simple explanation.
Re: A Sad And Terrible Experience With Inspiredmen by bigfather(m): 3:00pm On Oct 06, 2008
inspired_m:

@ inema,

I can't remember the exact car you were interested in, can you please specify, it would assist in making a reasonable explanation to your ''Peculiar case''. I'm presently using a mobile device, so my response might be slightly delayed. Thanks.

And to make matters worse , bros inspired cannnot even remember the exact car the guy wants ! Too bad bro .
Too much customer i guess?
Re: A Sad And Terrible Experience With Inspiredmen by Daddypearl: 3:28pm On Oct 06, 2008
Guys,

Inema has made his case clear. He wants a Toyota Camry 2000 model with 4 cylinders. Can anyone assist?

Enough of the toungue lashing and brandishing. It's his (Inspiredman) loss if he refuses to come back with a simple apology. Inema is a customer with a potential to bring in 9 more customers to Inspired but in this case, he's leaving with 9 would be customers.

I expect the landers to save the day by simply telling Inema - Sorry for all the embarassment. Note that this is the kind of customer we need to survive in business. The one that tells you his mind immediately rather than gets his shit from you and goes away quietly.

Back to business - Can someone reply to Inema now?
Re: A Sad And Terrible Experience With Inspiredmen by Siga: 3:36pm On Oct 06, 2008
Hello Inema;

I feel ur pain, no worry God go replenish ur pocket, just know that God no dey sleep, whoever is guilty in this case shall live to tell the calamity that will befall them,

Thats all i gat to say, i no dey curse, But inspired, there is no way u will forget wat kinda car the guy wants if u admit u had a chat with him, I go do some CSI on this for sure,
Re: A Sad And Terrible Experience With Inspiredmen by awonboiz: 3:58pm On Oct 06, 2008
@idupaul

Rubbish!!!

I think you've been seeing too much of C.S.I

Maybe we should wait for the cctv footage from the Airport,ask the poor guy to send in his phone bill.
while calling in the forensic experts to take prints from the hotel to actually confirm he was in Lagos.

Simple, Inspired did you get a call from the guy regarding a car?
we are all human, If so ,please let everyone know and simply apologise to the guy.

You don't need all these negative comments, On ebay,these would have had an effect on peoples' dealings with you without an opportunity for explanation.
Re: A Sad And Terrible Experience With Inspiredmen by marktwain: 3:59pm On Oct 06, 2008
I really do not think people should waste their time with inspired_whatever,
Took the guy more than 10 pages of post on the yahoo-saga before this guy toned down his loud posturing.

Just my personal opinion.

@poster.
I really do not think camry 2000 is worth all that sacrifice when there are plenty of them in PH. What price difference were u looking for here?
Re: A Sad And Terrible Experience With Inspiredmen by awonboiz: 4:04pm On Oct 06, 2008
@idupaul

My post was for you
Re: A Sad And Terrible Experience With Inspiredmen by inema: 4:18pm On Oct 06, 2008
i went to Lagos or variety's sake cos u never can say i feet see another car wey i for like pass camry.

(1) (2) (3) (4)

A 1990 Nigerian Used Honda Civic For Sale: As Cheap As 280k / Tokunbo 2004 Model Nissan Versa N 1.450m / 2008 Tokunbo Acura Mdx

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.