Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,358 members, 7,808,244 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:18 AM

4 Ways To Reduce Your Mobile Internet Data Usage With Android Apps - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 4 Ways To Reduce Your Mobile Internet Data Usage With Android Apps (43825 Views)

Tips To Reduce Your Mobile Data Usage / Htc G2 T-mobile Internet Manual Configuration Settings (etisalat) / Mtn New Mobile Internet Plans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Ways To Reduce Your Mobile Internet Data Usage With Android Apps by rexzqcom(m): 4:12pm On Jul 05, 2014
Off topic........ Can some one help on how to share (post) a link from other websites like facebook, etc to nairaland.
Re: 4 Ways To Reduce Your Mobile Internet Data Usage With Android Apps by Oahray: 4:18pm On Jul 05, 2014
kendrick93: all talk yet no simple solution. i cnt be arsed to read all dis
smh... lazy readers are just everywhere.

Summary.
1) Opera max - 3rd party data compression app. Works for every data connection.

2) Onavo extend - 3rd party data compression app. Doesn't work with streaming videos.

3) Google Chrome - data compression embedded in the Google Chrome browser.

4) Opera mini - its Off-Road mode compresses data, but only in the browser.

1 Like

Re: 4 Ways To Reduce Your Mobile Internet Data Usage With Android Apps by zeanslim(m): 4:36pm On Jul 05, 2014
All this mod self.. see original post here posted before this..

www.nairaland.com/1794715/opera-max-androids-data-saviour
Re: 4 Ways To Reduce Your Mobile Internet Data Usage With Android Apps by iraycom: 4:41pm On Jul 05, 2014
please someone should suggest a good screen short app for me on andriod
Re: 4 Ways To Reduce Your Mobile Internet Data Usage With Android Apps by NewsINigeria(m): 4:42pm On Jul 05, 2014
U better go and root that phone to get more control over data usage.....

OMG! The Punishment for reading a Bible in Saudi Arabia – These Photos Will Shock You >>> http://www..com/the-punishment-for-reading-a-bible-in-saudi-arabia/
Re: 4 Ways To Reduce Your Mobile Internet Data Usage With Android Apps by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jul 05, 2014
gat unlimited data on mah eti sim - wat's d need
Re: 4 Ways To Reduce Your Mobile Internet Data Usage With Android Apps by Thebrightest(m): 4:57pm On Jul 05, 2014
WarRLaY: gat unlimited data on mah eti sim - wat's d need
me too
Re: 4 Ways To Reduce Your Mobile Internet Data Usage With Android Apps by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jul 05, 2014
dejt4u: Very good..this will be so helpful to the fellow TECNOites
he said android and not Tecno.wetin Tecno do you self?
Re: 4 Ways To Reduce Your Mobile Internet Data Usage With Android Apps by Nonybb: 5:00pm On Jul 05, 2014
I saw only TWO ways
Re: 4 Ways To Reduce Your Mobile Internet Data Usage With Android Apps by Dubemkelly(m): 5:03pm On Jul 05, 2014
wish I understood this better.
Re: 4 Ways To Reduce Your Mobile Internet Data Usage With Android Apps by hazzand16(m): 5:05pm On Jul 05, 2014
Go back to top and read it five times all over again bro,think dat will be ok
colo$$u$:
Please explain. I don't understand grin
grin

1 Like

Re: 4 Ways To Reduce Your Mobile Internet Data Usage With Android Apps by Dubemkelly(m): 5:08pm On Jul 05, 2014
WarRLaY: gat unlimited data on mah eti sim - wat's d need
We've noticed u. Android phones not BB
Re: 4 Ways To Reduce Your Mobile Internet Data Usage With Android Apps by Bigwig1: 5:49pm On Jul 05, 2014
Tried downloading d Opera Max buh it refuse to open on my fone. BlackBerry Z10
Re: 4 Ways To Reduce Your Mobile Internet Data Usage With Android Apps by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jul 05, 2014
nice post,helpful
@nodebenna
Re: 4 Ways To Reduce Your Mobile Internet Data Usage With Android Apps by myspnigeria: 6:02pm On Jul 05, 2014
Nice post, good information
Re: 4 Ways To Reduce Your Mobile Internet Data Usage With Android Apps by initialize(m): 6:08pm On Jul 05, 2014
Get a Jiayu G4S. The Jiayu.es app will help you mod you ROM to use glo bis and you can enjoy 3GB data for just #1,000. To get a Jiayu G4S and other Jiayu phones, click on this link: www.nairaland.com/1788642/octacore-jiayu-g4s-38k-gionee/4#24475371
Re: 4 Ways To Reduce Your Mobile Internet Data Usage With Android Apps by Sike(m): 6:08pm On Jul 05, 2014
Just switch off your background data & It's off.
Re: 4 Ways To Reduce Your Mobile Internet Data Usage With Android Apps by Emma8043(m): 6:17pm On Jul 05, 2014
colo$$u$:
Please explain. I don't understand grin
Wait ooo so upon all this long biography u stil no understand? Hmmm
Re: 4 Ways To Reduce Your Mobile Internet Data Usage With Android Apps by xtervaganza(m): 6:35pm On Jul 05, 2014
WebSurfer: NCC is FRAUD , Its High Time we stand and stick to that fact by letting them know..
you have been standing up to them for how many years now? cheesy grin grin

Make we talk true

Na only mouth we get

No action at all
Re: 4 Ways To Reduce Your Mobile Internet Data Usage With Android Apps by EnterPRO: 6:37pm On Jul 05, 2014
very useful info
Re: 4 Ways To Reduce Your Mobile Internet Data Usage With Android Apps by Dotng: 6:41pm On Jul 05, 2014
Yey! Finally on front page.
Re: 4 Ways To Reduce Your Mobile Internet Data Usage With Android Apps by adeoye88(m): 6:41pm On Jul 05, 2014
Very helpful
Re: 4 Ways To Reduce Your Mobile Internet Data Usage With Android Apps by Smooyis(m): 6:42pm On Jul 05, 2014
MillionDollars: We have seen more than dis!!!!!
Thanks a lot. I just restricted my background data. But hope no side effects.
Re: 4 Ways To Reduce Your Mobile Internet Data Usage With Android Apps by maasoap(m): 6:52pm On Jul 05, 2014
Ceasar1: Try Avast, It has a great firewall. smiley
Avast anti virus is the best. But you have to tick Avast itself. That's what I use.
Re: 4 Ways To Reduce Your Mobile Internet Data Usage With Android Apps by bobojoshua(m): 7:59pm On Jul 05, 2014
prettyboi1989: Time to be generous unlike dose dudes dat b lyk "av got a solution 2 dis send me a mail or drop ur email 2 get it" dats BS.
Let me be str8, forget restricting background data, d way ur data go run ehn u go taya, d best solution which has workd for me so far is 2 download "no root firewall" app, den u can thank me later. No root firewall gives u d ryt to block any or all of d apps on ur fone dat u dnt want to av access to d net, let's say u av fb watsapp opera, yahoo mail app on ur fone n u only want to use opera as a result of data constrains, u tick d oda apps to restrict dem 4rm using ur data.
Also if any app tries to access d web! U'll get a prompt weda 2 permit it or 2 deny it access 2 d net, av fun
Re: 4 Ways To Reduce Your Mobile Internet Data Usage With Android Apps by bobojoshua(m): 8:02pm On Jul 05, 2014
Oahray: smh... lazy readers are just everywhere.

Summary.
1) Opera max - 3rd party data compression app. Works for every data connection.

2) Onavo extend - 3rd party data compression app. Doesn't work with streaming videos.

3) Google Chrome - data compression embedded in the Google Chrome browser.

4) Opera mini - its Off-Road mode compresses data, but only in the browser.
Re: 4 Ways To Reduce Your Mobile Internet Data Usage With Android Apps by bobojoshua(m): 8:07pm On Jul 05, 2014
maasoap: Avast anti virus is the best. But you have to tick Avast itself. That's what I use.
Re: 4 Ways To Reduce Your Mobile Internet Data Usage With Android Apps by Obiomon: 8:08pm On Jul 05, 2014
4 ways ki ni

na im long like that I no bother read jor
Re: 4 Ways To Reduce Your Mobile Internet Data Usage With Android Apps by Arcard(m): 8:08pm On Jul 05, 2014
prettyboi1989: Time to be generous unlike dose dudes dat b lyk "av got a solution 2 dis send me a mail or drop ur email 2 get it" dats BS.
Let me be str8, forget restricting background data, d way ur data go run ehn u go taya, d best solution which has workd for me so far is 2 download "no root firewall" app, den u can thank me later. No root firewall gives u d ryt to block any or all of d apps on ur fone dat u dnt want to av access to d net, let's say u av fb watsapp opera, yahoo mail app on ur fone n u only want to use opera as a result of data constrains, u tick d oda apps to restrict dem 4rm using ur data.
Also if any app tries to access d web! U'll get a prompt weda 2 permit it or 2 deny it access 2 d net, av fun
Where I fit download Am
Re: 4 Ways To Reduce Your Mobile Internet Data Usage With Android Apps by Mrvirgin(m): 8:10pm On Jul 05, 2014
who cares about data reduction wen I'm surfing the net with bis on android?
Re: 4 Ways To Reduce Your Mobile Internet Data Usage With Android Apps by nerodenero: 8:19pm On Jul 05, 2014
Easy does it
zeelo2014: Long story. Just do this. From settings, go to data usage, and click 'restrict background data' .Do this for apps u don't need to be running at the background. Leave bbm, email and whatsapp unticked.
Easy, no need of all these numerous apps for reducing data.
Thanks for this lifeline infogrin
Re: 4 Ways To Reduce Your Mobile Internet Data Usage With Android Apps by Arcard(m): 8:19pm On Jul 05, 2014
Mrvirgin: who cares about data reduction wen I'm surfing the net with bis on android?
guy hiw u take Do Am

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why You Should Never Borrow Charging Cable From Someone Else / How To Make Your Browsing Fast Like Jet On Glo Network / Man Who Bought 'Refurbished' Phone From Jumia Cries Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.