Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,893 members, 7,806,606 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:56 PM

Maradona: Matuidi’s Stamp Worse Than Suarez Bite - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Maradona: Matuidi’s Stamp Worse Than Suarez Bite (39129 Views)

Suarez Bite Function In Pro Evolution Soccer (PES) 2015? / See Matuidi's Tackle On Onazi And Its Aftermath / Matuidi Apologises For Tackle On Onazi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Maradona: Matuidi’s Stamp Worse Than Suarez Bite by Ridwan123(m): 12:04am On Jul 02, 2014
Diego Maradona has slammed France midfielder Blaise Matuidi’s challenge on Nigeria’s Ogenyi Onazi worse than the bite Luiz Suarez unleashed on Giorgio Chiellini.

Paris Saint-Germain midfielder Matuidi was shown a yellow card for the late tackle during his side’s 2-0 over the Super Eagles, which left Onazi facing months on the sidelines with a fractured leg.

France will now meet Germany in the quarter-finals but Maradona believes Matuidi shouldn’t be there, insisting the tackle deserved a harsher punishment than the four-month ban handed to Suarez for his bite on Chiellini.

“Where’s the ball? It’s criminal,” said the 1986 World Cup-winning captain of Argentina.

“Now I want to see the reaction of Fifa. The reaction of [Pele] and of [Franz] Beckenbauer. You must have a lot of nerve to not see that this is worse than Suarez.”

Matuidi said he apologised for the challenge for after the game.

"I'm sorry," he told the media after the game. "I've not gone in to hurt him; I'm disappointed because I'm not a dirty player.

"I went into the [Nigeria] dressing room afterwards to apologise." Read more : www.goal.com/en/news/3790/world-cup-2014/2014/07/01/4928622/-

14 Likes

Re: Maradona: Matuidi’s Stamp Worse Than Suarez Bite by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:24am On Jul 02, 2014
Diego Maradona is right here. Matuidi went to destroy Onazi's leg. His tackle caused more harm. But, every one is quiet. He is African. If Mikel had done this to Benzema, he would have seen a red card.

FIFA has displayed how corrupt they are. Same goes to the English press.

218 Likes

Re: Maradona: Matuidi’s Stamp Worse Than Suarez Bite by papannamdi1(m): 12:53am On Jul 02, 2014
*eating hot okpa with soft agege bread*
*looks at thread and shakes head*
*carries chair outside thread to collect breeze*

48 Likes

Re: Maradona: Matuidi’s Stamp Worse Than Suarez Bite by Feedmemore(f): 1:44am On Jul 02, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: Diego Maradona is right here. Matuidi went to destroy Onazi's leg. His tackle caused more harm. But, every one is quiet. He is African. If Mikel had done this to Benzema, he would have seen a red card.

FIFA has displayed how corrupt they are. Same goes to the English press.

Couldn't have said it better.

There's a clear bias when it comes to dishing out punishment to certain players, i see a pattern where European teams get light punishment for offense that will cost other continent players (Africa and South America) a sledge hammer punishment. This is just not right.

Matuidi should have been send off for that dangerous challenge on Onazi. Arjern Roben should have been given a retrospective punishment for diving to win a penalty against Mexico. But as usual FIFA will look the other way when the players happens to be from a certain continent.

Shame on Platini.
Shame on Sepp Blatter.
Shame on FIFA.

117 Likes

Re: Maradona: Matuidi’s Stamp Worse Than Suarez Bite by ayukdaboss(m): 1:46am On Jul 02, 2014
For that intentional tackle on Onazi which was definitely pre organized, France will play their last match against Germany. AMEN

100 Likes

Re: Maradona: Matuidi’s Stamp Worse Than Suarez Bite by ayukdaboss(m): 1:48am On Jul 02, 2014
Feed me more:

Couldn't have said it better.

There's a clear bias when it comes to dishing out punishment to certain players, i see a pattern where European teams get light punishment for offense that will cost other continent players (Africa and South America) a sledge hammer punishment. This is just not right.

Matuidi should have been send off for that dangerous challenge on Onazi. Arjern Roben should have been given a retrospective punishment for diving to win a penalty against Mexico. But as usual FIFA will look the other way when the players happens to be from a certain continent.

Shame on Platini.
Shame on Sepp Blatter.
Shame on FIFA.

I just feel really sorry for the system.

4 Likes

Re: Maradona: Matuidi’s Stamp Worse Than Suarez Bite by Truckpusher(m): 1:53am On Jul 02, 2014
The most painful part of the whole thing was the attitude of Keshi and the other players when the incident happened.They all stayed put as if it was a choir practice,I can bet you guys that if the players had rushed on Matuidi without any body contact whilst calling on the referee to do the needful and Keshi doing the same to the linesman, the outcome would have been different......but they all stayed put like it was normal ,after all in serious games of that nature anything can be used to disorganize your opponent.

106 Likes

Re: Maradona: Matuidi’s Stamp Worse Than Suarez Bite by EzePromoe: 5:12am On Jul 02, 2014
FIFA belongs to the Europeans, others are invitees. Though I support Netherlands in this game but I don't see a European nation lifting this trophy.

9 Likes

Re: Maradona: Matuidi’s Stamp Worse Than Suarez Bite by Ridwan123(m): 6:24am On Jul 02, 2014
“It was obvious that some forces wanted France to defeat us at all cost but one day Africa will get at par with the rest of the World in football.” Shame to Fifa.

14 Likes

Re: Maradona: Matuidi’s Stamp Worse Than Suarez Bite by naptu2: 6:43am On Jul 02, 2014
La lesión de Onazi‬, de parte de Matuidi‬

L'infortunio subito da Onazi, da Matuidi

The injury suffered by Onazi, by Matuidi

Maradona's Facebook page.

https://m.facebook.com/DiegoMaradonaOficial/photos/a.457499340968087.117729.104346839616674/758951887489496/?type=1&refid=52&__tn__=E

52 Likes

Re: Maradona: Matuidi’s Stamp Worse Than Suarez Bite by Talkcentral: 6:59am On Jul 02, 2014
ok
Re: Maradona: Matuidi’s Stamp Worse Than Suarez Bite by MadCow1: 7:01am On Jul 02, 2014
O well.. Too late to cry over spilt milk.
Re: Maradona: Matuidi’s Stamp Worse Than Suarez Bite by Guykhena(m): 7:01am On Jul 02, 2014
Sorry Maradona nothing is more worse than vampirism.........

5 Likes

Re: Maradona: Matuidi’s Stamp Worse Than Suarez Bite by kolidave: 7:03am On Jul 02, 2014
papa_nnamdi: *eating hot okpa with soft agege bread*
this very early morning? collecting breeze? Shows how jobless you are man

37 Likes

Re: Maradona: Matuidi’s Stamp Worse Than Suarez Bite by kolidave: 7:04am On Jul 02, 2014
Re: Maradona: Matuidi’s Stamp Worse Than Suarez Bite by cescky(m): 7:07am On Jul 02, 2014
people sef .....swayed by every opinion left right and center,at least football involves the use of legs ,theres no 100 percent probability that when you throw in a challenge you wont catch the opponents leg, for goodness sake football is a contact sport and the rules says as long as you get the ball while making/trying to make a contact you cant be punished,(not saying matuidi got the ball tho,but there was intent) wheres the part of football that allows us use teeth, maradona has been known to habour bitternes against pele etc its probably coming from that angle

5 Likes

Re: Maradona: Matuidi’s Stamp Worse Than Suarez Bite by udemzyudex(m): 7:07am On Jul 02, 2014

Check the time wey u dey eat that kind food,u dey fly for night?

Back to the topic

I blame Nigerian players who didn't protest to the tackle made on Onazi,they should go and meet barcelona players to teach them how to protest if one of their play is tackled..

Even the coach didn't say anything about it,instead he blame Enyeama.

15 Likes

Re: Maradona: Matuidi’s Stamp Worse Than Suarez Bite by jude33084(m): 7:08am On Jul 02, 2014
Mad Cow: [s]O well.. Too late to cry over spilt milk.[/s]

Was Suarez ban not handed after the game?

Your name though grin

35 Likes

Re: Maradona: Matuidi’s Stamp Worse Than Suarez Bite by Acidosis(m): 7:09am On Jul 02, 2014
Well said. That reckless tackle killed our morale

4 Likes

Re: Maradona: Matuidi’s Stamp Worse Than Suarez Bite by Nobody: 7:09am On Jul 02, 2014
In as much as the punishment dished out to Suarez was unfair, and inappropriate - I believe it had more to do with his antecedents, and his inability to curb it. And the loutishness of the British and Italian media. As for Matuidi, hopefully, FIFA would do something about it.

As for the pathetic conspiracy theorists, this has absolutely nothing to do with Europeans being favoured. I bet when Brazil was favoured by the refs against the Croats, that also had something to do with European conspiracy, no? When two clear goals scored by Mexico, against Cameroon, were disallowed by the refs, that also had something to do with European conspiracy, no? When a clean goal scored by Bosnia was disallowed against Nigeria, that also had to do with European conspiracy, no?

Let real football fans enjoy the beautiful round leather game, and the best world cup ever, without soiling it with unnecessary tears. undecided

47 Likes

Re: Maradona: Matuidi’s Stamp Worse Than Suarez Bite by pat077: 7:11am On Jul 02, 2014
maradona u're on point wit ur comment. But, suarez deserves a lengthy ban.

4 Likes

Re: Maradona: Matuidi’s Stamp Worse Than Suarez Bite by saints2(f): 7:11am On Jul 02, 2014
There is nothing like fair play in FIFA'S Dictionary, all those billboard are just for decorations, they are hypocrites.

9 Likes

Re: Maradona: Matuidi’s Stamp Worse Than Suarez Bite by respectkings: 7:12am On Jul 02, 2014
Matuidi deserves a PINK card or better still OX BLOOD card 4 a dangerous attack on Onazee. FIFA kept quiet.. Wat an insolent to AFRICANz. Hahah nt funny o!

7 Likes

Re: Maradona: Matuidi’s Stamp Worse Than Suarez Bite by jude33084(m): 7:12am On Jul 02, 2014
shymexx: In as much as the punishment dished out to Suarez was unfair, and inappropriate - I believe it had more to do with his antecedents, and his inability to curb it. And the loutishness of the British and Italian media. As for Matuidi, hopefully, FIFA would do something about it.

As for the pathetic conspiracy theorists, this has absolutely nothing to do with Europeans being favoured. I bet when Brazil was favoured by the refs against the Croats, that also had something to do with European conspiracy, no? When two clear goals scored by Mexico, against Cameroon, were disallowed by the refs, that also had something to do with European conspiracy, no? When a clean goal scored by Bosnia was disallowed against Nigeria, that also had to do with European conspiracy, no?

Let real football fans enjoy the beautiful round leather game, and the best world cup ever, without soiling it with unnecessary tears. undecided

How do you view Matuidi's action as a footballer? Should FIFA turn a blind eye to it? wink
Re: Maradona: Matuidi’s Stamp Worse Than Suarez Bite by amadice(m): 7:13am On Jul 02, 2014
Truckpusher: The most painful part of the whole thing was the attitude of Keshi and the other players when the incident happened.They all stayed put as if it was a choir practice,I can bet you guys that if the players had rushed on Matuidi without any body contact whilst calling on the referee to do the needful and Keshi doing the same to the linesman, the outcome would have been different......but they all stayed put like it was normal ,after all in serious games of that nature anything can be used to disorganize your opponent.
.....shut up KESHI protested just dat d cameras did no pick it up....also d refree would hav issued a yellow card to any SE player who dare shout

3 Likes

Re: Maradona: Matuidi’s Stamp Worse Than Suarez Bite by collynzo2(m): 7:14am On Jul 02, 2014
That is the world we live in today.
I told people who were sensationalising a harmless bite and calling for a life ban on Suarez that worse things happen on the pitch of play. People get career and life threatening injuries on the pitch without the offenders even getting a red card like in Matudi's case.
I am sure Onazi and Super eagles fans would have taken a bite from Matudi over such a tackle.

14 Likes

Re: Maradona: Matuidi’s Stamp Worse Than Suarez Bite by youngice(m): 7:14am On Jul 02, 2014
the tackle was preposterous

2 Likes

Re: Maradona: Matuidi’s Stamp Worse Than Suarez Bite by Nobody: 7:18am On Jul 02, 2014
FIFA=FOOTBALL ISN'T FOR AFRICA.

19 Likes

Re: Maradona: Matuidi’s Stamp Worse Than Suarez Bite by Nobody: 7:18am On Jul 02, 2014
Guykhena: Sorry Maradona nothing is more worse than vampirism.........
SMH 4 u! I hope you are not for real.

How can you in your right mind compare a tackle intended to end someone's career to a mere bite?

No be everything person dey take joke undecided

14 Likes

jude33084:

How do you view Matuidi's action as a footballer? Should FIFA turn a blind eye to it? wink

Football is a passionate game, and decision making happens within seconds. I've watched the challenge again, and it wasn't intentional. It was a mistimed tackle. His eyes were clearly on the ball. Yes, he should have been sent off. However, refs are human, and if he missed it, so be it. There have been crazy tackles, with studs up in the tournament, with no one getting sent off. Shyte happens.

Also, FIFA can do something about it. But it has nothing to do with conspiracy.

6 Likes

Re: Maradona: Matuidi’s Stamp Worse Than Suarez Bite by LordVoldemort(m): 7:19am On Jul 02, 2014
Tackles and diving ar part of the game buh biting thatz a shameful thing to do.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Manchester City Drops Iheanacho To B-list / "Neymar Is The Kim Kardashian Of Football" - Joey Barton Slams PSG Star / Luis Suarez joins Atletico Madrid from Barcelona

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.