Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:04 PM

Senate Chides FG Over Failure To Attend ASUP Negotiation Meeting - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Senate Chides FG Over Failure To Attend ASUP Negotiation Meeting (10502 Views)

FRUSTRATION: Student Poisons Self Over Failure To Secure Varsity Admission / ASUP Set To Call Off Strike / Senate Moves To End ASUP Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate Chides FG Over Failure To Attend ASUP Negotiation Meeting by k2kay(m): 12:16am On Jul 02, 2014
The Chairman, Senate Committee on Education, Uche Chukwumerije, has expressed disappointment at the Federal Government over their response and unwillingness to negotiate with the leadership of the Academic Staff Union of Polytechnic (ASUP) to bring to an end the lingering strike rocking polytechnic education in Nigeria.

He stated this at the committee meeting with the leadership of ASUP, in which the Minister of Education, Minister of Labour and the Secretary to the Government of the Federation were absent.

The leadership of ASUP had narrowed down their demands from 10 to 2 and were willing to call off the strike had it been the Government representatives were at the meeting.

Mr Chukwumerije further encouraged the ASUP leadership to be steadfast in their struggle and see that the education sector in the country doesn’t suffer any longer.

ASUP have resolved to continue its nine months old strike pending the outcome of the meeting with the Senate Committee on Education on July 1.

President of the union, Chibuzor Asumogha, made the statement at the end of ASUP’s 77th National Executive Council (NEC) meeting in Lagos, adding that a meeting of the committee and some education stakeholders scheduled for June 24 did not hold because no Government official came.
http://www.channelstv.com/2014/07/01/chukwumerije-chides-fg-over-failure-to-attend-asup-negotiation-meeting/
Re: Senate Chides FG Over Failure To Attend ASUP Negotiation Meeting by LordMecuzy(m): 6:55am On Jul 02, 2014
First Time in My Life on Nairaland I became the 1st to Comment over a Million users here. I wanna Thank everyone here for the opportunity. I Never Knew I was addicted to Nairaland until it was hacked, Life was so boring during Nairaland off period.

I Wanna Thank My very good Love KITIS kiss kiss kiss cos her troublesome nature always keeps me awake

Bk to TOPIC pls government should resolve ASUP Strike dem don too Tey na haba

2 Likes

Re: Senate Chides FG Over Failure To Attend ASUP Negotiation Meeting by justi4jesu(f): 6:57am On Jul 02, 2014
Uche why the disappiontment..

Is it a New thing undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Senate Chides FG Over Failure To Attend ASUP Negotiation Meeting by shalommmmm: 6:57am On Jul 02, 2014
RIP Education

1 Like

Re: Senate Chides FG Over Failure To Attend ASUP Negotiation Meeting by sammieguze(m): 6:58am On Jul 02, 2014
Publicity stunt
Re: Senate Chides FG Over Failure To Attend ASUP Negotiation Meeting by Ekans: 7:00am On Jul 02, 2014
Minister for Education Nyesom Wike fiddles with politics while education burns.Tomorrow he will come out to list his numerous achievements in that sector.What a country!.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Chides FG Over Failure To Attend ASUP Negotiation Meeting by sweetp(f): 7:00am On Jul 02, 2014
i would just go and marry o, aba asup!

2 Likes

Re: Senate Chides FG Over Failure To Attend ASUP Negotiation Meeting by Talkcentral: 7:00am On Jul 02, 2014
a
Re: Senate Chides FG Over Failure To Attend ASUP Negotiation Meeting by respectkings: 7:02am On Jul 02, 2014
Super story!! Be warned!!!!!!!! Do not call off de strike o. Hhhmmm

1 Like

Re: Senate Chides FG Over Failure To Attend ASUP Negotiation Meeting by LordMecuzy(m): 7:03am On Jul 02, 2014
Talkcentral: a

Space book?
Re: Senate Chides FG Over Failure To Attend ASUP Negotiation Meeting by LordMecuzy(m): 7:04am On Jul 02, 2014
sweet p: i would just go and marry o, aba asup!

Abia Poly?
Re: Senate Chides FG Over Failure To Attend ASUP Negotiation Meeting by PAT4HOT(m): 7:08am On Jul 02, 2014
Total rubbish
Re: Senate Chides FG Over Failure To Attend ASUP Negotiation Meeting by sammieguze(m): 7:14am On Jul 02, 2014
Mtcheeeeeew
Re: Senate Chides FG Over Failure To Attend ASUP Negotiation Meeting by Nobody: 7:20am On Jul 02, 2014
They are all the same FG+SENATE.
Re: Senate Chides FG Over Failure To Attend ASUP Negotiation Meeting by chaloner(m): 7:20am On Jul 02, 2014
My first comment after nairaland clash ........ Wat wil I say now ........ Na d same pple
Re: Senate Chides FG Over Failure To Attend ASUP Negotiation Meeting by SkinnyDude(m): 7:23am On Jul 02, 2014
sweet p: i would just go and marry o, aba asup!
come and marry me babe.

1 Like

Re: Senate Chides FG Over Failure To Attend ASUP Negotiation Meeting by justi4jesu(f): 7:23am On Jul 02, 2014
undecided
Re: Senate Chides FG Over Failure To Attend ASUP Negotiation Meeting by cupidFlint(m): 7:24am On Jul 02, 2014
This is his third tenure in the senate,were you expecting the incompetent old man to say anything meaningful?
Re: Senate Chides FG Over Failure To Attend ASUP Negotiation Meeting by sweetp(f): 7:25am On Jul 02, 2014
fed pol bauchi
Re: Senate Chides FG Over Failure To Attend ASUP Negotiation Meeting by emmacity2: 7:26am On Jul 02, 2014
if u like call it off lf u like don't is non of my business because I am tired of hearing this story that doesn't have ending. can the minister of Education and the president of Nigeria sit at home and watch their children of not going to school because of strike. jona and minister of education answer me the question?

1 Like

Re: Senate Chides FG Over Failure To Attend ASUP Negotiation Meeting by sweetp(f): 7:27am On Jul 02, 2014
SkinnyDude:
come and marry me babe.
guy na me go marry u?
Re: Senate Chides FG Over Failure To Attend ASUP Negotiation Meeting by idris4eva(m): 7:31am On Jul 02, 2014
Lord Mecuzy: First Time in My Life on Nairaland I became the 1st to Comment over a Million users here. I wanna Thank everyone here for the opportunity. I Never Knew I was addicted to Nairaland until it was hacked, Life was so boring during Nairaland off period.

I Wanna Thank My very good Love KITIS kiss kiss kiss cos her troublesome nature always keeps me awake

Bk to TOPIC pls government should resolve ASUP Strike dem don too Tey na haba
idiot
Re: Senate Chides FG Over Failure To Attend ASUP Negotiation Meeting by idris4eva(m): 7:34am On Jul 02, 2014
FG doesn't care abt d strike since half of d poly are still going to sku unlike d ASUU wey close dan all uni's....
Re: Senate Chides FG Over Failure To Attend ASUP Negotiation Meeting by ddippset(m): 7:38am On Jul 02, 2014
A country full of hypocrites! Who would believe that nigerian polythecnics have been shut for 9 months? No mass protests, no tongue lashing of the government, no religious leaders saying ' our children's future is wasting at home'. When the universities shut for only 3 months they all came out bashing the government, insulting those who had their wards in american and european universities. Now the same people who are quick to bash those in foreign schools don't remember to 'save our educational system'

1 Like

Re: Senate Chides FG Over Failure To Attend ASUP Negotiation Meeting by chemberlin(m): 7:47am On Jul 02, 2014
I think the poly lecturer's showed take this man off the sit why fixing a meeting u won't attend making it the second time he is doing this ..I know GEJ has a hand in this...FEDPOLYEDE...
Re: Senate Chides FG Over Failure To Attend ASUP Negotiation Meeting by Lekison(m): 8:05am On Jul 02, 2014
Na wa,oooo
Re: Senate Chides FG Over Failure To Attend ASUP Negotiation Meeting by kolidave: 8:08am On Jul 02, 2014
ASUP still on strike? shocked RIP polytechnics
Re: Senate Chides FG Over Failure To Attend ASUP Negotiation Meeting by Busuyib(f): 8:28am On Jul 02, 2014
Booked
Re: Senate Chides FG Over Failure To Attend ASUP Negotiation Meeting by tlanry: 8:35am On Jul 02, 2014
E get one particular restaurant wey I dey chop 4 G.R.A.
E get one oyinbo wey dey always come chop there too…Anytime dis oyinbo chop finish, he go shout ”Hey”, so I wonder wetin dey make am shout.I decided to chop wetin d oyinbo dey always chop so may be me sef go shout too. When I reach d restaurant yesterday evening, I order wetin d man dey chop.Dem tell me say na chicken & red wine, so i chop am, but i no shout, I collect extra plate, but i no still shout. I say dis oyinbo na mumu o, why e dey always shout like dat now?Na then i just vex ask 4 my bill. The waiter tell me say one plate of chicken & red wine na N75,000, then d extra plate too na another N75,000. Na then I shout hey! heyy!! heyyy!!! ……!!!! heyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyy… ……..

I still dey shout till now

1 Like

Re: Senate Chides FG Over Failure To Attend ASUP Negotiation Meeting by Busuyib(f): 8:36am On Jul 02, 2014
Me don start 2 learn work o. I no fit let GEJ and his foo'lish folowers spoil ma lyf. GBAM!

2 Likes

Re: Senate Chides FG Over Failure To Attend ASUP Negotiation Meeting by chitoria: 8:40am On Jul 02, 2014
FG nd ASUP, should just call off this strike.Abi them no know say we don tire to stay for house.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Any G E J's Students On Nairaland / Teach Yourself Hausa Language / Students Should Avoid Reading Late At Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.