Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,118 members, 7,807,375 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:52 PM

Why Do Men Give Women Wedding Ring? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Do Men Give Women Wedding Ring? (13595 Views)

Why Do Men Go For Calabar And Igbo Women? More..need Clarifacation / Why Do Many Married Men And Women Refuse Wearing Their Wedding Ring This Days. / Why Do Men Pay The Bride Price Of A Woman? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Men Give Women Wedding Ring? by Project400: 8:21am On Jul 04, 2014
Interesting smiley
Re: Why Do Men Give Women Wedding Ring? by laphta(m): 8:22am On Jul 04, 2014
a ring is neva ending so i think it signifies dat dey do not want their marriage to end. at d same times, u only need a very shiny thing to bribe a girl, like diamonds and gold.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Give Women Wedding Ring? by UjSizzle(f): 8:24am On Jul 04, 2014
When you make a deal, you've got to seal it with something---Sex and the city.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Give Women Wedding Ring? by Chrisx1x(m): 8:48am On Jul 04, 2014
How did this crap get to front page.
Re: Why Do Men Give Women Wedding Ring? by Anacksunamun: 8:54am On Jul 04, 2014
Lilimax: A wedding ring is a symbol of love and wearing your ring also signals clearly to others that you and your spouse
are fully committed to each other although it doesn't stop men and WOMEN from being promiscuous embarassed.
However, I love and respect couples that wears their wedding ring always smiley
Fixed. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Give Women Wedding Ring? by CharlieMaria(m): 9:01am On Jul 04, 2014
IT SIGNIFIES LOVE AND FAITHFULENESS.
Re: Why Do Men Give Women Wedding Ring? by Nobody: 9:05am On Jul 04, 2014
Lilimax: A wedding ring is a symbol of love and wearing your ring also signals clearly to others that you and your spouse
are fully committed to each other although it doesn't stop men from being promiscuous embarassed.
However, I love and respect couples that wears their wedding ring always smiley
You made a lot of sense and I wanted to give you a like but that bolded part disqualifies it all
Re: Why Do Men Give Women Wedding Ring? by Nobody: 9:11am On Jul 04, 2014
@Op, the ring is a symbol of the love and contract they agree to go into for the rest of their lives. The ring is a reminder of the oath they take together in the presence of God and the people who present at the event.

WE ALL KNOW WHAT AN OATH MEANS...THERE IS ALWAYS A CONSEQUENCE FOR A OATH THAT IS BROKEN
Re: Why Do Men Give Women Wedding Ring? by Harmvirus(f): 9:15am On Jul 04, 2014
I think it a sign that shows the guy or the lady is "off the market"
Re: Why Do Men Give Women Wedding Ring? by tintingz(m): 10:16am On Jul 04, 2014
Superstar007: Its to differentiate the taken from the takewee tongue

Meanwhile,
You accepted his engagement Ring 5years ago & Till now no wedding date,
My Dear you are not “Lord of the
Rings” return that Key holder and Move on ! grin grin
Lol, funny grin

@topic, the significant of the ring does not really mean "love" it means one have been "taken" and "commitment" so that random men will not flirt or woo your woman anyhow .
Re: Why Do Men Give Women Wedding Ring? by Lilimax(f): 10:24am On Jul 04, 2014
koastar:
You made a lot of sense and I wanted to give you a like but that bolded part disqualifies it all
undecided
Re: Why Do Men Give Women Wedding Ring? by ijbeauty(f): 10:30am On Jul 04, 2014
This is all I have to say

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Give Women Wedding Ring? by bennyzer(m): 10:31am On Jul 04, 2014
Superstar007: Its to differentiate the taken from the takewee tongue

Meanwhile,
You accepted his engagement Ring 5years ago & Till now no wedding date,
My Dear you are not “Lord of the
Rings” return that Key holder and Move on ! grin grin
Re: Why Do Men Give Women Wedding Ring? by myspnigeria: 10:45am On Jul 04, 2014
For no real or genuine reason. Just pure following of trend
Re: Why Do Men Give Women Wedding Ring? by Nobody: 11:30am On Jul 04, 2014
Lordabas: Because in reality the ring is a bribe. A girl needs a big bribe to take on a man for the rest of his life! lol.
You nailed it, dude! Women have been programmed to see it as commitment by the society. The world is just too molded in irrelevant things at times. It is human and we have to follow in the footstep though.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Give Women Wedding Ring? by Nwaobualor(m): 11:32am On Jul 04, 2014
Na to drive away murther fuckers
Re: Why Do Men Give Women Wedding Ring? by Mist100: 12:12pm On Jul 04, 2014
Commitment
Re: Why Do Men Give Women Wedding Ring? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jul 04, 2014
Lordabas: Because in reality the ring is a bribe. A girl needs a big bribe to take on a man for the rest of his life! lol.

Gbam.

Wooing no easy o.

So she needs something to show you are serious.

What of engagement ring sef, you dey bother about wedding ring ?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Give Women Wedding Ring? by joshrare(m): 12:52pm On Jul 04, 2014
[quote author=Lilimax]A wedding ring is a symbol of love and wearing your ring also signals clearly to others that you and your spouse
are fully committed to each other although it doesn't stop men from being promiscuous embarassed.
Neither does it stop women/ladies as well.
Re: Why Do Men Give Women Wedding Ring? by aklaw4real(m): 4:36pm On Jul 04, 2014
bilms: I read an article few hours ago on nairaland where the writer is advocating for the elimination of African traditional rites on marriage.

According to her, the practice of giving bride price and other materials to the bride's family should be eliminated or made optional for those who wish to.

However, i feel such advocacy should be applied to all rites in marriage, be it traditional, court or white marriage.

For example in both court and white marriage, the groom is required to buy and give the bride a wedding ring. Why is that? What does it signify?

There are many other rites associated with court and white wedding aswell, if wedding rites should be eliminated, we must first look at the reasons why such rites are being done.
Re: Why Do Men Give Women Wedding Ring? by DocAdray(f): 4:57pm On Jul 04, 2014
The wedding ring is a tiny 'hand-cuff' to hold a given spouse CAPTIVE!
Re: Why Do Men Give Women Wedding Ring? by elidi(m): 5:44pm On Jul 04, 2014
I believe the ring is a bond between the two persons involved. it also signifies commitment.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Give Women Wedding Ring? by Motolank: 4:36am On Jul 05, 2014
Why will they not? guess, you finding reasons to cut cost undecided
Re: Why Do Men Give Women Wedding Ring? by Leolexis(m): 6:25am On Jul 05, 2014
[size=8pt][/size] Ring is just an object dat reminds couple of their PROMISE made to themselves.
Re: Why Do Men Give Women Wedding Ring? by thoyeen: 9:58am On Jul 05, 2014
In my own opinion, a ring signifies true love which does not end.
Re: Why Do Men Give Women Wedding Ring? by Freeopod(m): 1:31pm On Jul 05, 2014
It's indeed a trap

Re: Why Do Men Give Women Wedding Ring? by bilms(m): 11:46pm On Jul 05, 2014
huh
Re: Why Do Men Give Women Wedding Ring? by rocgirl: 10:34am On Jul 06, 2014
Maybe its to tell us we're getting imprisoned sortof.
It's a mini handcuff abeg...
Re: Why Do Men Give Women Wedding Ring? by bilms(m): 8:59pm On Jul 09, 2014
hum

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dressing Among Tribes / Does Education Really Make People Act Civilized? / Why I Compelled Traditional Rulers To Undergo Drug Test — Emir Sanusi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.