Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,808,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:14 AM

Do Phones Have EXPIRING Date? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Do Phones Have EXPIRING Date? (7285 Views)

How To Renew Your Whatsapp Expiring Date / The Magical Iphone6 Features That Android Phones Have Had For Years / How Many Phones Have You Used So Far ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Phones Have EXPIRING Date? by Eberex(m): 11:11am On Jul 02, 2014
I have a phone I bought last 3 years, Nokia to be precise. Recently its behaving kind of weird. For instance the call button doesn't work and sometimes it does. When people call they tell me they hear it ringing, but my phone doesn't , hell it doesn't even show missed calls. Someone told me he called me eight good times and that it rang all through!!! In summary most of the times the keypads don't respond to my commands. Should I throw it away and give it a befitting burial or....................anyone know why this is so?
Re: Do Phones Have EXPIRING Date? by papadjaji: 11:15am On Jul 02, 2014
I think the fone has seen better days.
Its just telling u to consider buying a new fone.
Re: Do Phones Have EXPIRING Date? by QweenMercy(f): 11:35am On Jul 02, 2014
Chai!Daris......!
Re: Do Phones Have EXPIRING Date? by colossus2: 11:36am On Jul 02, 2014
Eberex: I have a phone I bought last 3 years, Nokia to be precise. Recently its behaving kind of weird. For instance the call button doesn't work and sometimes it does. When people call they tell me they hear it ringing, but my phone doesn't , hell it doesn't even show missed calls. Someone told me he called me eight good times and that it rang all through!!! In summary most of the times the keypads don't respond to my commands. Should I throw it away and give it a befitting burial or....................anyone know why this is so?
#storyForTheGods

Let me consult the......

Re: Do Phones Have EXPIRING Date? by RoyalRoy(m): 11:54am On Jul 02, 2014
Before I opened your thread I already had known it will be a Nokia phone.....not surprised.

Even though I have no concrete evidence I will say it seems so.
I have used 3 Nokia phones In the past that just stopped working after 3years and the repairers couldn't fix them.

I believe its a plan by the makers to force you to buy their newer product. At least you wouldn't get a new phone if the old was still serving you well.
Re: Do Phones Have EXPIRING Date? by Lexusgs430: 12:02pm On Jul 02, 2014
It's called wear and tear. The more you use a device, the more component parts begin to fail.

1 Like

Re: Do Phones Have EXPIRING Date? by Wisdomkosi(m): 12:54pm On Jul 02, 2014
pity d phone abeg
Re: Do Phones Have EXPIRING Date? by biomedixexcel(m): 1:17pm On Jul 02, 2014
If u ask me, na who i go ask
Re: Do Phones Have EXPIRING Date? by ikechukz(m): 1:55pm On Jul 02, 2014
My Dad's Samsung R220 which was bought in 2001 still work perfectly till date and I also have a Nokia E71 which I bought in 2009 and it still works perfectly.
Re: Do Phones Have EXPIRING Date? by parrotibaba(m): 2:01pm On Jul 02, 2014
my Nokia express music is very much
alive,no fluke at all,well except d scratches all over it n d memory card slot dat smbody spoiled two years ago bt all in all ,its still functioning... its 4yrs nw
n running
Re: Do Phones Have EXPIRING Date? by lawrenceunaa: 2:16pm On Jul 02, 2014
too much usage killed the fone 3years na beans? buy new 1 tongue
Re: Do Phones Have EXPIRING Date? by automech: 6:35pm On Jul 02, 2014
Lexusgs430: It's called wear and tear. The more you use a device, the more component parts begin to fail.

Re: Do Phones Have EXPIRING Date? by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jul 02, 2014
Partially yes and partially no.

(1) (Reply)

Techno F7 (phanton) Charging Ic Problem / Mtn Has Removed There Plans Of *121#, What's The Solution Pls / Top 10 quality phones that are reasonably priced

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.