Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,514 members, 7,808,878 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:29 PM

JOHESU Press Release on the NMA STRIKE - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / JOHESU Press Release on the NMA STRIKE (38893 Views)

NMA President Resigns!!!!!!!! / NMA Strike Suspended? / Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JOHESU Press Release on the NMA STRIKE by alotofgrace(m): 7:34am On Jul 03, 2014
saxywale:
and the police grin

grin

U WICKED O
Re: JOHESU Press Release on the NMA STRIKE by Jummymine(f): 7:37am On Jul 03, 2014
pumpingmachine: your thought process is faulty, surgeon. You don't see any use for other healthcare professionals and u believe they should be left out of the system. You made reference to d strike of the Johesu members at Ife. Well, I heard about it and how successful it was. Even medical training was jeopardised and medical students had to stay at home! So don't come on Naira land and feed us with poo.
I don't know of you've saved enough money to travel outside the country like your colleagues, I've been out severally and I always shake my head for the Nigerian healthcare system.
I know johesu has its excesses, but the root of the matter is overbearing attitude of the NMA and its members who believe that being a doctor is the biggest achievement they could make in their lives.
There should be room for everybody to grow, in fact we should encourage everyone to grow so that the industry could grow as well.
Right there in Ife, nurses give doctors a hard time, pathologists and scientists exchange blows regularly while quality of pharmaceutical drugs procured outside cannot be guaranteed when pharmacists are on strike.
You all need to come together and stop being driven by egos. Patients are dying at alarming rate and you all swore to save lives...do just that
my dear pumping machine. seems like you didi not get the gist of the matter.
in fact, i insist im not aware of anybody saying others are not important. my friend, the johesu agitation can work only as johesu. let them strike INDIVIDUALLY and see what will happen.
quality of drugs my foot! who said? my friend, most of he brand stuff is not supplied, and at least a very lot, if not most drugs are purchased outside by the patients.
if you read my post at all, i recognized their services, but being important in a system does not mean you put yourself in a position you are not.
for instance, the cleaner is one of the most essential people in the hospital, and the man in the powerplant. it does not entitle him to say he should be the pharmacist.
you say you have gone abroad. thank god you have.
MAY THEY BRING THE SYSTEM YOU SAW ABROAD TO NIGERIA SOONEST. then maybe the situation where the lab man says the doctor and him are of the same category will dissappear.

9 Likes

Re: JOHESU Press Release on the NMA STRIKE by FDenigma: 7:37am On Jul 03, 2014
An Analysis of JOHESU (continued):

Optometrists:

These are trained in the University to measure refractive errors and prescribe lenses (glasses). In addition, they receive clinical training in management of simple eye disorders.

Ophthalmologists (medical doctors specializing in eye disorders) are inadequate in number and are more focussed on eye diseases. Optometrists provide valuable services as primary care providers and even ophthalmologists go to them for glasses...but...
They are not doctors in the medical sense. Some universities run 6 year courses and award O.D's (Doctor of Optometry)
However, when it comes to major eye disease and eye surgery, only the ophthalmologist is licensed to treat

Optometrists are doing well financially based on their private practices. They are not key militants in the JOHESU saga

1 Like

Re: JOHESU Press Release on the NMA STRIKE by hayoakins(m): 7:38am On Jul 03, 2014
JOHESU, I am on your side but waiting for over a month to reply to a press release is a weakness on your part.

NIGERIAN HEALTH SECTOR is a mess but who cares as majority of the practitioners own and consult for private health institutions. They are an extension of the bokos playing games with masses' life
Re: JOHESU Press Release on the NMA STRIKE by hayoakins(m): 7:38am On Jul 03, 2014
JOHESU, I am on your side but waiting for over a month to reply to a press release is a weakness on your part.

NIGERIAN HEALTH SECTOR is a mess but who cares as majority of the practitioners own and consult for private health institutions. They are an extension of the bokos playing games with masses' life.
Re: JOHESU Press Release on the NMA STRIKE by Amucha: 7:39am On Jul 03, 2014
heykims: Lemme begin wt a question dt usually amazes me?
Why on earth will ALL health workers including even cleaners, messangers, record officers etc excluding only d medical dcotors come together to form a union, JOHESU?
What are d aims nd objectives of d union?
Saying d lab scientists nd radiographers carry out d investigations is not wholly true for there re medical doctors in all aspects of medicine be it d lab, radiology etc even pharmacology dt re specializing there, even the HODs of these lab departments viz chemical pathology, hematology, microbiology, radiology re usually consultant doctors ie experts in these fields.

They feel that they are stagnated at a point in their work by the medical doctors and wish to have a common front to overcome that. Other health workers are not clamouring to be called doctors neither do they want to do the work of the doctors but wish to study more to become consultants in their fields and also grow to become directors. So what is wrong with that? The medical doctors are just become selfish by insisting that they will be the only ones to become consultans and directors.what a pity

2 Likes

Re: JOHESU Press Release on the NMA STRIKE by maasoap(m): 7:42am On Jul 03, 2014
otokx:

University Bursar is SSANU not NASU and same for Registrar, University Librarian is ASUU so please stop spreading falsehood.
This shows that you don't know the meaning of SSANU. SSANU means "The Senior Staff Association of Nigerian universities". University's registrars and accountants as well as librarians belong to NASU while senior staff from both ASUU and NASU formed and belonged to SSANU to promote and fight special interest.
Re: JOHESU Press Release on the NMA STRIKE by rallymento(m): 7:42am On Jul 03, 2014
IMO, if JOHESU can run the hospitals effectively , they should stop crying and soliciting for the doctors to come back to work. I guess they are all consultants in their fields.

On the other hand, I believe that the hospital administration should be headed by Doctors and Nurses because Medicine and Nursing is the only two academic fields in this country with zero tolerance with regards to their practices.

It is proper to fight for your right in goverment establishment just like JOHESU, but when you leave what you should fight for and starts to envy, spite and act in a jealous manner towards the doctors I believe it isn't proper.

Doctor pls return to work, una shakara too much, stop being bossy and allow other health workers have a taste of fresh air biko nu!

9 Likes

Re: JOHESU Press Release on the NMA STRIKE by Nobody: 7:42am On Jul 03, 2014
NMA is probably fighting for the wrong reasons and the usage of strike as a tool for holding the government to ransom is unethical IMHO. but having said that some of the demands of JOHESU are just unrealistic if news making the rounds are anything to go by - consultant? for what? I have never seen an attending phlebotomist or nurse in any civilized clime? This back and forth issue is becoming an embarrassment to the average doctor.

3 Likes

Re: JOHESU Press Release on the NMA STRIKE by sledok: 7:44am On Jul 03, 2014
Medical Doctors in Nigeria don't reason like normal human being. If everybody study medicine, who will handle other professions. Instead of them to concentrate on improving the health sector, they are busy looking for ways to boost their stupid "Ego". Doctors should leave pride and face their profession with utmost seriousness. Other health workers are very relevant though l'm not one of them. They should also be allowed to answer doctors because they have atleast one medical role to play in the health of patients. The Government should handle the stupid "NMA" before they scatter the entire health sector. KC the Economist.

1 Like

Re: JOHESU Press Release on the NMA STRIKE by FDenigma: 7:48am On Jul 03, 2014
An Analysis of JOHESU (continued):

Physiotherapists:

These relatively new and few entrants into Nigeria's health sector are University-trained to carry out physical rehabilitation of patients. Some also run private gyms.

Depending on their training institution, they receive bachelor's or "doctorate" degrees. Most of them will confess to have chosen to read Medicine initially. Like the general public, most of them were not aware of their current profession when they got university admission.

Their association is rapidly becoming one of the more militant JOHESU affiliates.

2 Likes

Re: JOHESU Press Release on the NMA STRIKE by vicenzo(m): 7:52am On Jul 03, 2014
pfijacobs: I'm a final year physiotherapist in the college of medicine university of lagos.. I stay in a room with 4 mbbs final year students amd I must say.. The bias to the oda sectors even @ an undergraduate level is too much. This goes to show that d level of moral decadence, prejudice and pride in these doctors is too much.. To get total and optimum medical care, u nid all aspects of the health team to contribute immensely and efficiently for d best medical performance. Imagine a stdt here telling us that they shud b given 2 man rooms dat d rest should go and look for somewhere else here.. Its outrageous.from d onset, dey believe dat dey are better and as such, prejudiced to ALWAYS be in top consideration for any form of medical consideration for profit only.. Der are physios who finished skuling before some consultants bought jamb form... There was even a day I was writing my clinical exam and I had my steth on and a.Dr friend was like 'dude go and pull dat steth jor and stop decieving people dat u r a doctor' I was like wtf? D steth is to check oscultations of d heart and not a title landmark for a Drs decoration. Enlightment is d key. They should go out.. See d way things are done outside and emulate d peace, serenity and cohesion dat exists between us as medical practitioners.. Its not our fault dat we are called doctors by d public. And very soon by the grace of God, wen the Doctors of physio,pharmacy bill are passed, and wen now started running d same 6 year parole wit dem, ehen dey will calm down.. But please let's strike for important tins.. Dis is a form of racism we so madly hate. Nobody likes to be trampled upon. So I dnt blame johesu. Make ur demands and don't counter anova person's own I'm not on anybody's side tho. I just feel I shud say dis...heck I even have an exam now sef....LONG LIVE. JOHESU!!! LONG LIVE NMA!!!! More patients, more money, more peace and prosperity... #united nigeria...

Dr.pfijacobs

You represent everything wrong with JOHESU. You are too emotional and greedy and lazy. You are not a medic,but you want to see yourself as an equal to medics and be treated as a medic, you want to reap where you didn't sow.

Don't you know that all fingers can never be equal? You were too impatient to wait and gain admission into an MBBS programme, you rushed into physiotherapy and now you wonder why you are not being treated like a medic.

Your case is like that of a councillor wondering why he is not treated like a Governor, why he isn't addressed as 'his excellency', why the Governor should look down on him. He and the Governor should be equal and addressed as 'his excellency' he reasoned,after all they were both democratically elected by the people,and passed through the same stress of campaigning and election.

He conveniently forgot the fact that he had the choice of picking a form for the post of the Governor, he knew the roles and powers a Governor wields over a councillor, but he still chose to be a Councillor anyway, hoping to be a Councillor,and still somehow get to be treated as the Governor. And when this doesn't happen he gets emotional, paints the Governor as a dictator who looks down on him, who doesn't want his progress.

8 Likes

Re: JOHESU Press Release on the NMA STRIKE by FDenigma: 7:53am On Jul 03, 2014
sledok: Medical Doctors in Nigeria don't reason like normal human being. If everybody study medicine, who will handle other professions. Instead of them to concentrate on improving the health sector, they are busy looking for ways to boost their stupid "Ego". Doctors should leave pride and face their profession with utmost seriousness. Other health workers are very relevant though l'm not one of them. They should also be allowed to answer doctors because they have atleast one medical role to play in the health of patients. The Government should handle the stupid "NMA" before they scatter the entire health sector. KC the Economist.

The NMA didn't start this issue. JOHESU looked at the political climate and started it. Please read about what obtains in the countries we are copying.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/02/health/policy/02docs.html?pagewanted=all&_r=4&

1 Like

Re: JOHESU Press Release on the NMA STRIKE by maasoap(m): 7:53am On Jul 03, 2014
FD_enigma: An Analysis of JOHESU (continued):

Physiotherapists:

These relatively new and few entrants into Nigeria's health sector are University-trained to carry out physical rehabilitation of patients. Some also run private gyms.

Depending on their training institution, they receive bachelor's or "doctorate" degrees. Most of them will confess to have chosen to read Medicine initially. Like the general public, most of them were not aware of their current profession when they got university admission.

Their association is rapidly becoming one of the more militant JOHESU affiliates.
I don't think you are contributing sense to this thread.
Re: JOHESU Press Release on the NMA STRIKE by Oduduwaboy(m): 7:54am On Jul 03, 2014
FD_enigma: Once upon a time, a magistrate asked for assistants to be employed in a bid to make his services more efficient. After some time, they got so good in their narrow tasks, they felt indispensable and proficient enough to do all the magistrate did. They began to agitate to bear the titles "esquire" and "SAN". They began to blackmail a weak government seeking re-election. They went on strike and locked up the courts to prevent the magistrate from working (note that left alone, the magistrate could still see cases). These assistants also went to the media and began to mislead the public. The government without proper consultation or consideration of "international best practices" agreed to the demands of these assistants due to their large number and monetary influence. So the magistrate went on strike and left them to attend to cases.
Please is there any country in the world where a non-lawyer becomes a Supreme Court Judge?

Hmmm....this post is PURE GENIUS!!!

3 Likes

Re: JOHESU Press Release on the NMA STRIKE by sarutobie(m): 7:55am On Jul 03, 2014
sledok: Medical Doctors in Nigeria don't reason like normal human being. If everybody study medicine, who will handle other professions. Instead of them to concentrate on improving the health sector, they are busy looking for ways to boost their stupid "Ego". Doctors should leave pride and face their profession with utmost seriousness. Other health workers are very relevant though l'm not one of them. They should also be allowed to answer doctors because they have atleast one medical role to play in the health of patients. The Government should handle the stupid "NMA" before they scatter the entire health sector. KC the Economist.
I agree with your first statement, everybody cant be the doctor..someone has to be the nurse, the pharmacists. heck even the cleaner! the most annoying remark I've seen on this forum by"doctors" is "know your place" like wtf?? such high handedness!
Re: JOHESU Press Release on the NMA STRIKE by Oduduwaboy(m): 7:57am On Jul 03, 2014
maasoap: I don't think you are contributing sense to this thread.

This chap here is illuminating this thread with well researched analysis. Doctors need to compile his analysis for publication in our national dailies.

3 Likes

Re: JOHESU Press Release on the NMA STRIKE by FDenigma: 7:57am On Jul 03, 2014
agabaI23: I'm sure he is a medical student. Sorry if you are not but you sound very much like one.

Interesting, when JOHESU members (or their family) get ill, they never go to their fellow JOHESU members for care or advice! They always look privately for the same doctor they insult publicly. And the doctors still treat them specially "as colleagues".

Wise up, Nigerians. These guys are pulling wool over your eyes for prestige and money they haven't earned.

10 Likes

Re: JOHESU Press Release on the NMA STRIKE by phineas: 7:58am On Jul 03, 2014
The situation in the Nigerian health sector would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad.the real problem is there are no clearly defined work description with standard action for lapses from erring parties.

You see in the hospitals,the nurses refuse to do some of their duties,ask them to set things the patient needs they won't,join the ward rounds they refuse,bring things you need for surgery no way even when its available,take vital signs of patients they don't and they proceed to write normal all over the place,many examples abound...

The Drs over the yrs have found ways around this lapses without sanctioning culprits making their jobs (nurses et all) dispensable over the years.This is one of the reason the patchy health system is still standing,the ingenuinety and dedication of the dr's,now the overworked House officer takes all the vital signs,takes all samples and takes them to the lab,ideally lab scientist and porters work ,he also retrieves all result if not u wait forever,the dr asks the patient to procure everything including nasal prongs,cotton wool and spirit and basically does the job of everybody else so the system can work.

Then came this brillant idea to make nurses consultant nurses,( Principal Nursing officer and Chief Nursing officer,Director of Nursing services,this already existing posts wouldn't do),it had to be consultant nurse,afterall outside medcine,pple with just bsc where employed to be consultants.(Whereas in medecine the title describes the rltship btw patient and his managing dr.so its a question of whose patient is this,who takes the responsibility absolutely,that's the person under whose name the patient is admitted,who sanctions all management details,takes all the glory and the absolute fall guy when there's trouble,remember he can loose his licence)

Then wardrounds became different,the Registrars already pressed for time is told to wait to commence his rounds,the "consultant nurse" is on her round,The consultant plastic surgeon gives an order on wound management,the consultant nurse says she's been practicing for 30yrs this isn't the way "we do it",she's "consultant" now remember she gives "her nurses" a different instruction of cause they obey their "consultant" ,dr's orders overuled.pls transpose to other dept. and then they insist. "its our turn to be chief medical director of the hospital". (Above examples are all real incidences by the way)

Those are the matters arising,add to it the drs feel disgruntled they work long unnofficial unaknowledged hrs,with no offs whislt the others work shifts with off duty hrs etc.

Let all work duties be spelt out in gold with stringent protocols and sanctions for eRring parties, and you'll see a stronger saner health system.

17 Likes

Re: JOHESU Press Release on the NMA STRIKE by maasoap(m): 8:01am On Jul 03, 2014
vicenzo:

You represent everything wrong with JOHESU. You are too emotional and greedy and lazy. You are not medic,but you want to see yourselve as an equal to medics and be treated as a medic, you want to reap where you didn't sow.

Don't you know that all fingers can never be equal? You were too impatient to wait and gain admission into an MBBS, you rushed into physiotherapy and now you wonder why you are not being treated like a medic.

Your case is like that of a councillor wondering why he is not treated like a Governor, why he isn't addressed as 'his excellency', why the Governor should look down on him. He and the Governor should be equal and addressed as 'his excellency' he reasoned,after all they were both democratically elected by the people,and passed through the same stress of campaigning and election.

He convienently forgot the fact that he had the choice of picking a form for the post of the Governor, he knew the roles and powers a Governor wields over a councillor, but he still chose to be a Councillor.
My God! What is wrong with these people? Do you want everybody in faculty of health to study medicine? Who told you he wasn't happy being who he is? Okay, let me tell you this: doctors in Nigeria are among highest paid government workers, yet happiness and contentment elude them as far as money is concerned. It has never been enough for them and I don't think it will ever be. That's why you see them working and chasing the money all around.

1 Like

Re: JOHESU Press Release on the NMA STRIKE by Oduduwaboy(m): 8:03am On Jul 03, 2014
sarutobie:
I agree with your first statement, everybody cant be the doctor..someone has to be the nurse, the pharmacists. heck even the cleaner! the most annoying remark I've seen on this forum by"doctors" is "know your place" like wtf?? such high handedness!

Okay ...you just hate the gut of the Doctors ? They have always been too proud for your liking and you cant wait to have their wings clipped. Well, it will be better for your if you stop hating them...you will always need them ...at the very top! cheer up dude!!!

4 Likes

Re: JOHESU Press Release on the NMA STRIKE by Oduduwaboy(m): 8:05am On Jul 03, 2014
maasoap: My God! What is wrong with these people? Do you want everybody in faculty of health to study medicine? Who told you he wasn't happy being who he is? Okay, let me tell you this: doctors in Nigeria are among highest paid government workers, yet happiness and contentment elude them as far as money is concerned. It has never been enough for them and I don't think it will ever be. That's why you see them working and chasing the money all around.
Stop sounding so bitter against doctors in Nigeria. Dont you at least have one of them in your family? chill bro!

3 Likes

Re: JOHESU Press Release on the NMA STRIKE by jeski(m): 8:05am On Jul 03, 2014
the medical doctor own the patient( Or has pple started going to hospitals to consult nurse or least pharmacist??), and directs the hospital every other health profession are of course important but then are appendages to the medical doctor because he also can do just that thing the person is doing. picture a man own a house , employs cook, gardener , and other persons in the house then comes a day the gardener rises and contest leadership of the house with the man's son because he was there when the young man was born (that is ludicrous) ......... this issues might have being taken too far but then the general public as well as the johesu band should acknowledge that the doctor remains the head of health teams anywhere in the world just as the husbands remain the head the house

4 Likes

Re: JOHESU Press Release on the NMA STRIKE by phantomm: 8:06am On Jul 03, 2014
Acidosis:

Tell this to "graduates" who do not know their rights from wrongs

For some of us who are highly learned cool we understand the entire process

By the way, why do you keep 'shouting' pathologists? How many Nigerian hospitals employ pathologists?

Can a pathologist function without those you condemn so much?
Lol

This aint the issue anyway, why should you and your allied block the progress of others? Insecurity? lol

Most Public offices and Ministries are headed by BSc/MSc holders (i.e Bachelors & Masters). abi una carry wetin pass bachelors?

Why do you keep giving the public wrong impression about Lab guys? Haven't you seen Lab scientist and even technologists with Masters degrees, PhDs?

You think every other person on Lab coat (who isn't a medic) schooled in Health Tech?

Our President is truly weak; people like you should be out of the hospital...
my brother, if you put 100 radiographers and 100 lab technos on one side of a weighing scale and just me on the other side, the 200 of them can't budge the scale in their favour. when the s***t hits the fan, they are dispensable

4 Likes

Re: JOHESU Press Release on the NMA STRIKE by Omonoba1: 8:09am On Jul 03, 2014
vicenzo:

You represent everything wrong with JOHESU. You are too emotional and greedy and lazy. You are not medic,but you want to see yourselve as an equal to medics and be treated as a medic, you want to reap where you didn't sow.

Don't you know that all fingers can never be equal? You were too impatient to wait and gain admission into an MBBS, you rushed into physiotherapy and now you wonder why you are not being treated like a medic.

He convienently forgot the fact that he had the choice of picking a form for the post of the Governor, he knew the roles and powers a Governor wields over a councillor, but he still chose to be a Councillor.
seriously, i have been following your post and they all depict arrogancy...from the previous thread till now, you tend to stress the superiority of doctors.. people like you end up spending abnormal years in medical school because you are freaky too proud...if every one should write jamb again for MBBS/BDS, who will you work with?? dont forget that a Doctor simply have little knowledge of everything in the body but does not have full comprehensive knowledge about anything in the body..

2 Likes

Re: JOHESU Press Release on the NMA STRIKE by viruz007(m): 8:10am On Jul 03, 2014
I look at this post and the NMA strike and laugh. All of una head dey shake. I lost hope in the medical field when doctors and nurses refused to check my mum's chart for 3 days after a mastectomy. If not the fear of God was put into the CMD, well let's just say I had my own ways and means. And this was when u lot where not on strike.

Forgive me but I can't be sympathetic to the cause of doctors or nurses or any medical professional cuz am disappointed. Docs claim to swear the Hippocratic oath but yet blatantly fail to obey it. Nurses na ass wipes. If you never see witch before, go many general hospitals u will see them in nurses.

Rot in the sector? Please... Yours is a truly mighty and independent sector but don't get too cocky. No Union moves the FG better than PENGASSAN and NUPENG so make una go back work as the FG does not care about human lives. JOhESU or wetin una call una sef, you all plus NMA should hold a parley and resolve your differences and not let patients suffer cuz of some stupid pride that is baseless and senseless to me. My opinion

P.S many of my family and friends are doctors or aspiring doctors but I tell them pop and plain that their colleagues are in the wrong. Make telecoms go strike let me see how you all will survive. Mtcheeeew

1 Like

Re: JOHESU Press Release on the NMA STRIKE by vicenzo(m): 8:12am On Jul 03, 2014
maasoap: My God! What is wrong with these people? Do you want everybody in faculty of health to study medicine? Who told you he wasn't happy being who he is? Okay, let me tell you this: doctors in Nigeria are among highest paid government workers, yet happiness and contentment elude them as far as money is concerned. It has never been enough for them and I don't think it will ever be. That's why you see them working and chasing the money all around.

We don't want everybody to study MBBS. We want everybody that didn't study MBBS to stop trying to be treated like those with MBBS. Just like we wouldn't want to see Councillors trying to be 'his excellency'.

All fingers are not equal, there can only be one captain in a ship, once JOHESU understands this, peace will reign.

5 Likes

Re: JOHESU Press Release on the NMA STRIKE by bimbor(m): 8:13am On Jul 03, 2014
phantomm: grin grin grin grin grin grin @ the bolded. i hope you know that radiographers are the ones who 'photograph' the patients.the radiologists who are the doctors in that department interprete the results..
in the labs ,the lab technologists do the bench work or test the samples.the onus still lies on the pathologist who is a doctor to ratify the results.
my brother these allied professionals are attaching undue importance to themselves.they are not that important.

Thank you my brother. Please also remind him that all those other fields can be conveniently carried out by a doctor. A doctor will successfully carry out the job of a radiographer, A doctor will successfully analyse patients samples which is what Lab Scientists do.....A doctor will nurse his patient even in the absence of a nurse.....so what I'm saying in a nutshell is that a doctor can be independent of all these low-lifes calling themselves JOHESU. We are only trying to put food on their table by giving them all these jobs. So why on earth are they trying to compare their unthinking selfs with Medical Doctors. That MBBS Certificate is a double certificate that was not so easily earned. It took us not less than 7 YEARS to earn that certificate with hard labour and serious jarking sometimes keeping series of sleepless nights. The JAMB is sold without compulsion for anybody to study any programme, why didn't these inferior jerks fill medicine when they bought their forms if they really so admire doctors?

They are all subordinates who are there to answer to doctors. How can a subordinate suddenly want to rise above his boss. This is inconceivable! This nonsense does not happen in developed countries. Wherever you go a medical doctor is the head of the health team. The salary of a doctor should in no way be close to that of these health Artisans .

The government had better get her thinking caps on and restore sanity back to the health system to avoid total paralysis of the system.

Check out the JOHESU publication again, you will see the public display of their illiteracy and ignorance. Glorified technicians!

5 Likes

Re: JOHESU Press Release on the NMA STRIKE by phantomm: 8:15am On Jul 03, 2014
Emulti:

Radiographers interprete xrays and d lab scientists interprete their reports. The doctors want to keep on heading the departments to feel relevant in every sector.
stop spreading lies.radiographers are what they are. they image the body and the doctor interpretes.what basic medical knowledge do they have to interprete films or CTS? they basically photographers.keep decieving Nigerians so that you can start killing them one by one. even your almighty mr erondu at image diagnostics PH pays a radiologist 15-20k to have each of his cts read.a radiographer at image diagnostics in PH interpreted my chest xray as normal not knowing I was a radiologist. I had a pleuritic chest pain and fever yet my xray was normal. meanwhile there was a subtle consolidation at my right lung base. imagine how many people this dude had killed with his 'normal' xrays. funny.

4 Likes

Re: JOHESU Press Release on the NMA STRIKE by Oduduwaboy(m): 8:20am On Jul 03, 2014
FD_enigma:

The NMA didn't start this issue. JOHESU looked at the political climate and started it. Please read about what obtains in the countries we are copying.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/02/health/policy/02docs.html?pagewanted=all&_r=4&

@ Enigma: thank you for that link.
Everyone who has made a contribution on this thread should read that article and then come back to comment.

2 Likes

Re: JOHESU Press Release on the NMA STRIKE by FDenigma: 8:22am On Jul 03, 2014
An Analysis of JOHESU (cont'd):

Medical Laboratory Scientists (Technologists?)

These are the arrow-heads of JOHESU. As a group, they have the free time, the resources and the lack of professionalism and empathy for suffering patients needed to start this controversy.

These staff are usually not university trained as their programmes are run by accredited teaching hospitals. They obtain memberships and fellowships of the institutes of Laboratory Science(or Technology) allowing them to work in Pathology laboratories.

Virtually all of these folks had the ambition of being medical doctors but could not meet the requirements.

In better countries than Nigeria, laboratories are headed by research scientists (in research institutes) and by consultant pathologists (in hospitals). Research scientists are typically Ph.D holders while consultant pathologists are medical doctors with postgraduate specializations in Pathology.

In Nigeria, they are quick to claim they do all the work in the laboratories o government hospitals. In their private practices, most masquerade as doctors, prescribing antibiotics and other drugs after spurious "Typhoid" tests.

Having grown wings, they fired the first salvo by declaring their right to perform accreditation for all labs in Nigeria including side-labs in private hospitals.

The next issue was preventing resident doctors in training from accessing the labs to carry out procedure (yet they claim they do all the work).

It got to the point, doctors were physically harassed and hounded by the Police and SSS on the instigation of these technologists. Luckily, most security agencies quickly washed their hands off this matter.

Nigeria is not the only country running a teaching hospital system. Let's look at the successful models in other countries and make things work. We shouldn't persons without direct involvement in patient care add to the many problems already facing our healthcare system.

4 Likes

Re: JOHESU Press Release on the NMA STRIKE by Acidosis(m): 8:23am On Jul 03, 2014
bimbor:

Thank you my brother. Please also remind him that all those other fields can be conveniently carried out by a doctor. A doctor will successfully carry out the job of a radiographer, A doctor will successfully analyse patients samples which is what Lab Scientists do.....A doctor will nurse his patient even in the absence of a nurse.....so what I'm saying in a nutshell is that a doctor can be independent of all these low-lifes calling themselves JOHESU. We are only trying to put food on their table by giving them all these jobs. So why on earth are they trying to compare their unthinking selfs with Medical Doctors. That MBBS Certificate is a double certificate that was not so easily earned. It took us not less than 7 YEARS to earn that certificate with hard labour and serious jarking sometimes keeping series of sleepless nights. The JAMB is sold without compulsion for anybody to study any programme, why didn't these inferior jerks fill medicine when they bought their forms if they really so admire doctors?

They are all subordinates who are there to answer to doctors. How can a subordinate suddenly want to rise above his boss. This is inconceivable! This nonsense does not happen in developed countries. Wherever you go a medical doctor is the head of the health team. The salary of a doctor should in no way be close to that of these health Artisans .

The government had better get her thinking caps on and restore sanity back to the health system to avoid total paralysis of the system.

Check out the JOHESU publication again, you will see the public display of their illiteracy and ignorance. Glorified technicians!

A Pharmacist is an Artisan? You put food on the table of Pharmacists?

I have to exit this thread, before illiterates dump their ignorance on me...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

How Do I Boost My Immune System? / COVID-19 Patient Dies In Commercial Bus In Niger / Mad Woman Who Gave Birth On The Street Of Yaba Taken Care Of (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.