Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,558 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:25 PM

The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop (19314 Views)

Danladi Umar Shouts At Raphael Oluyede, Saraki's Lawyer / Electricity Power Restoration Burnt Down His Wife's Shop And He Wants To Sue / Senator Saraki Humiliated On Prayer Ground With Shouts Of Ole...ole (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by Welrez(m): 3:12pm On Jul 02, 2014
We just have to stop this nonsense. If it was a behaviour displayed only by children, it would have been easy to comprehend. It is an anomaly for an adult to indulge in such a puerile act. It might mislead an alien to think we are still in the Stone Age.

I am referring to this our condemnable habit of shouting NEPA whenever power is restored. I am short of words to describe this show of shame. Even now that the body of NEPA has been laid to rest, we have continued to invoke its spirit to haunt the extant power companies. And as if to corroborate my suspicion of an uncannily diabolical nexus between the gone and the existing, the shout of NEPA is usually crowned with an ephemeral stay of power before returning us to pits of darkness.

19 Likes

Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by NwaNimo1(m): 4:09pm On Jul 02, 2014
I also shout it when they take the light - its just they way Nigeria has programmed me.

92 Likes

Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by Welrez(m): 4:33pm On Jul 02, 2014
Nwa_Nimo: I also shout it when they take the light - its just they way Nigeria has programmed me.
I hope you were not programmed to become Shekau's by the same Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by NwaNimo1(m): 4:34pm On Jul 02, 2014
Welrez: I hope you were not programmed to become Shekau's wife by the same Nigeria.

No....but after how many decades of 'Nepa' the habit of cursing them won't cease over night.

25 Likes

Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by Welrez(m): 4:48pm On Jul 02, 2014
Nwa_Nimo:

No....but after how many decades of 'Nepa' the habit of cursing them won't cease over night.
What I'm sincerely scared of is the possibility of it becoming generational to the extent that future generations might just continue the habit without meeting the dismantled corporation.

2 Likes

Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by NwaNimo1(m): 4:58pm On Jul 02, 2014
Welrez: What I'm sincerely scared of is the possibility of it becoming generational to the extent that future generations might just continue the habit without meeting the dismantled corporation.

It will die out the day we have constant electricity.....and not before then.

111 Likes

Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by Rich4god(m): 6:41pm On Jul 02, 2014
The first things most infant learn in Nigeria is shouting NEPA whenever the light comes on/off... Whether na gen, phcn or somebody switch on/off, dem go still shout NEPA... Me thinks it run in the blood...

23 Likes

Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by blackfase(m): 8:23pm On Jul 02, 2014
I recall as a youngster & through my teenage years, that chant was a diabolic constant with me. Now more than 30yrs since its evolution, I watch & hear little kids carry on with the tradition & this provokes the question will this puerile chant ever fade into non-existence?

Is power instability a curse on Nigeria? :/

6 Likes

Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by NwaNimo1(m): 12:22am On Jul 03, 2014
Chai.......'NEPA',

(anyway, goodnight....make I save battery)

4 Likes

Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by am0s(m): 12:50am On Jul 03, 2014
shey una get lite for una syd bcoz diz nepa dey do me strong tin ere o

4 Likes

Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by Nobody: 12:50am On Jul 03, 2014
You should rather ask: when will the chant of "up nepa" stop?
Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by seedord247(m): 12:51am On Jul 03, 2014
UP NEEEEPPPPPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA grin

102 Likes

Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by surestsam(m): 12:51am On Jul 03, 2014
OK.. we have hear

1 Like

Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by k777(m): 12:52am On Jul 03, 2014
lol
Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by Dygeasy(m): 12:53am On Jul 03, 2014
OP, I'm disappointed.

With all the grammar you just blew here, you're actually this chronically superstitious? lipsrsealed

You're the one who's been Chronologically set back not us the super fans of NEPA. grin

44 Likes

Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by nonjebose(m): 12:54am On Jul 03, 2014
Maybe they should replace it with the shout of 'stupid nepa'
Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by Bantino(m): 12:54am On Jul 03, 2014
It can only stop and die a natural death when there is constant power supply in Nigeria...

Meanwhile, UP NEPA!!! (Dem just bring light here) grin

22 Likes

Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by Dhanew: 12:54am On Jul 03, 2014
is it our fault? Since the phcn isnt stable why shouldnt we express joy and surprise when we manage to see it?

5 Likes

Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by Dygeasy(m): 12:55am On Jul 03, 2014
And btw OP,

When Super Eagles scored against Argentina, didn't you scream when you knew fully well Argentina scoring again was imminent? tongue

6 Likes

Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by 19naia(m): 12:55am On Jul 03, 2014
reminds me of how my fathers older sister always called her money Pounds when every body called it Naira...I was too young to remember the days of the nigerian pound...She never went to London to spend pounds there and she never left Nigeria in her life, she called her Naira:pound all her life..I never understood until later in life why older people don't change with the times as easily as youngsters.....
I remember the days of Nepa, and i prefer to say Nepa anyway... grin

9 Likes

Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by saasala(m): 12:56am On Jul 03, 2014
Awon nepa ti mun no de o, oya e pariwo UUP NEEPAAAA!

10 Likes

Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by Nobody: 12:56am On Jul 03, 2014
Welrez: We just have to stop this nonsense. If it was a behaviour displayed only by children, it would have been easy to comprehend. It is an anomaly for an adult to indulge in such a puerile act. It might mislead an alien to think we are still in the Stone Age.

I am referring to this our condemnable habit of shouting NEPA whenever power is restored. I am short of words to describe this show of shame. Even now that the body of NEPA has been laid to rest, we have continued to invoke its spirit to haunt the extant power companies. And as if to corroborate my suspicion of an uncannily diabolical nexus between the gone and the existing, the shout of NEPA is usually crowned with an ephemeral stay of power before returning us to pits of darkness.
Up NEPAAAA!

19 Likes

Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by dahmelawlah(m): 12:56am On Jul 03, 2014
what is the need for us to shout "up nepa" when dere is constant electricity. Not until electricity problem ids addressed in Nigeria, it won't stop #GBAM

5 Likes

Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by temzybabe(f): 12:56am On Jul 03, 2014
It is called reflex action.. Sometimes I only realize it after the deed has bn done.. Not our fault

8 Likes

Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by Nobody: 12:57am On Jul 03, 2014
drlawizle: You should rather ask: when will the chant of "up nepa" stop?
Word!

2 Likes

Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by spikesC(m): 1:00am On Jul 03, 2014
so all Nigerians are now spiritualists as everyone invokes the spirit called NEPA, which can now haunt on the new management companies.

The irony of weirdos tagging others as weird.

btw, the exclamation is Up NEPA wink

oga seun, that we had data loss doesn't mean meaningless threads should fill up the FP

11 Likes

Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by MZdamola(f): 1:01am On Jul 03, 2014
At least u dey see nepa light, na d shouts dey disturb U... Me I can't remember d last time I saw nepa light in my school, its always gen gen gen
Note; my skul is in a village

1 Like

Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by yokiti: 1:02am On Jul 03, 2014
People have been shouting this before the new millenium and I hope "America will know" when it will stop.
NEPA: Never Expect Power Atall
PHCN: Problem Has Changed Name
Naija; shouting up NEPA since 1980!

14 Likes

Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by aminho(m): 1:06am On Jul 03, 2014
It will stop the day day gej gives us light
Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by jhydebaba(m): 1:07am On Jul 03, 2014
Poverty is the main curse cause.

I marvel at how even a 5 year old shout "UP NEPA", don't blame them pls, they also feel the heat.

The trend will continue to go from generation to generation until there is constant electricity.

BTW, kids also fake "UP NEPA" and this can really hurt an adult after saying a silent "thank u Jesus" only to ON the light and find out he has been fooled.
Kids do this a lot especially when u have prolonged blackout.

34 Likes

Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by barackodam: 1:08am On Jul 03, 2014
U no wat dude??.

It cant stop so go find anoda thread to open

3 Likes

Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by Jhosh(m): 1:08am On Jul 03, 2014
Even ef dem change 4rm phcn 2 zhcn.Nan up nepa plp go stil dey shawt..Oti mon wa lara !

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Understanding Buhari In 100days; Matters Arising... / Polling Officer Fails To Show Which Regulation Authorises Him To Transmit Result / Buhari’s Envoy Condisting Of NIA DG Meets Ramaphosa Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.