Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,923 members, 7,802,992 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:54 AM

I Cannot Return To The Blandness And Mediocrity Of Nollywood - Genevieve Nnaji - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Cannot Return To The Blandness And Mediocrity Of Nollywood - Genevieve Nnaji (3991 Views)

Genevieve Nnaji & Her Brother Pose For Cool ‘snowfie’ / Unveiling The Papas And Mamas Of Nollywood ( Photos ) / Stephanie Okereke Vs. Genevieve Nnaji (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Cannot Return To The Blandness And Mediocrity Of Nollywood - Genevieve Nnaji by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:52pm On Jul 02, 2014
In a recent interview, Genevieve called nollywood bland and mediocre . She says that Africa's biggest movie industry lacks creativity and depth and she only supports movies that show a great deal of professionalism and creativity like ‘Ije’; ‘Mirror boy;’ and ‘Tango with me’ which she starred in . Read what she said below :

"I guess I haven’t found the right script yet. Creativity and depth are the qualities that I look out for in a script.In the beginning, the movie industry emphasized quantity but things are changing and there is an improvement in trend.I am among the people who advocate for the improvement of the industry. So said, I am constantly watching out for the kind of stories I take part inI am in support of movies that show a great deal of professionalism and creativity. Having practised my art in international and professionally produced stories like ‘Ije’; ‘Mirror boy;’ and ‘Tango with me’, I don’t think I can return to the blandness and mediocrity that characterise NollywoodI have respected myself as an artiste. I think the success stems from the fact that I have given acting my all."

SOURCE : http://www.kingebuka.com/2014/07/i-dont-think-i-can-return-to-blandness.html

SOURCE : http://www.punchng.com/spice/personalities/with-fashion-im-daring-genevieve-nnaji/

1 Like

Re: I Cannot Return To The Blandness And Mediocrity Of Nollywood - Genevieve Nnaji by MadCow1: 3:54pm On Jul 02, 2014
cool

2 Likes

Re: I Cannot Return To The Blandness And Mediocrity Of Nollywood - Genevieve Nnaji by johnwizey: 4:05pm On Jul 02, 2014
Na because she don hammer make her dey yarn rubbish now. If to say she still dey hustle, she no go say this kain tin. Why can't you just write one yourself Instead of waiting for people to bring to you

13 Likes

Re: I Cannot Return To The Blandness And Mediocrity Of Nollywood - Genevieve Nnaji by saints2(f): 4:32pm On Jul 02, 2014
Remember that the same mediocrity Nollywood made you what you are today... Don't bite the fingers that feed you Genny.

11 Likes

Re: I Cannot Return To The Blandness And Mediocrity Of Nollywood - Genevieve Nnaji by myads890(m): 5:38pm On Jul 02, 2014
She'll be justified after she's done something to bring change to the industry. Till then she's sounding success drunk

4 Likes

Re: I Cannot Return To The Blandness And Mediocrity Of Nollywood - Genevieve Nnaji by floragregs(f): 6:19pm On Jul 02, 2014
She's right! She is a very good actress and she has every right to select scripts. So she should accept every script they dish her because they made her? That's so wrong! Life is all about change! We must change with life too! So Because she hasn't acted "nkechi goes to school" that means she's forming? Abeg free her! She knows what she wants and goes for it, simple!

9 Likes

Re: I Cannot Return To The Blandness And Mediocrity Of Nollywood - Genevieve Nnaji by hensben(m): 6:25pm On Jul 02, 2014
floragregs: She's right! She is a very good actress and she has every right to select scripts. So she should accept every script they dish her because they made her? That's so wrong! Life is all about change! We must change with life too! So Because she hasn't acted "nkechi goes to school" that means she's forming? Abeg free her! She knows what she wants and goes for it, simple!
what has she done herself to stop the mediocrity of nollywood? you see why nigeria is not moving forward...genny=money and politicians hunter

9 Likes

Re: I Cannot Return To The Blandness And Mediocrity Of Nollywood - Genevieve Nnaji by floragregs(f): 6:37pm On Jul 02, 2014
hensben: what has she done herself to stop the mediocrity of nollywood? you see why nigeria is not moving forward.
Naija and hypocrisy! What have you done?? If all the good actresses stop accepting yeye scripts those film makers will up their game and improve! I support genny!

3 Likes

Re: I Cannot Return To The Blandness And Mediocrity Of Nollywood - Genevieve Nnaji by hensben(m): 6:45pm On Jul 02, 2014
floragregs: Naija and hypocrisy! What have you done?? If all the good actresses stop accepting yeye scripts those film makers will up their game and improve! I support genny!
talking about hypocrisy, if genny were to be up and coming actress, will she reject role from producer? the answer is NO,her role now is to tutor the young actress and tell them look, this is how things are done instead of condemnation, asking me what have i done lol, am not a celebrity hope u know that, i am supporting people positively in my own little way, this the reason i dont discuss issues with women, everything is said/done with emotion instead of logic. Have a nice day miss. smiley

4 Likes

Re: I Cannot Return To The Blandness And Mediocrity Of Nollywood - Genevieve Nnaji by Happywoman(f): 6:54pm On Jul 02, 2014
Recall she was banned by d same Nollywood cabal who though she would fade into oblivion. But my girl and all on that list of banned actors , choose to confront and conquer and do exploits. I don't expect her to com back to dem too.
Its like going back to a lover dat dumped u wen u were a JJC in school . An ex- lover who now is pining to get a piece of the new Hero u have become !
Naaaaa. E no spose happen abeg!

2 Likes

Re: I Cannot Return To The Blandness And Mediocrity Of Nollywood - Genevieve Nnaji by deewhone(f): 6:57pm On Jul 02, 2014
She is damn right. I dnt expect her 2 sign in jst any role dt comes her way. In dis Nollywood where u c a movie produced within a week 4rm half-educated producers or those alaba boys.

3 Likes

Re: I Cannot Return To The Blandness And Mediocrity Of Nollywood - Genevieve Nnaji by hatux: 7:07pm On Jul 02, 2014
After making from the mediocre industry...you dey yawn rubbish for mouth!

3 Likes

Re: I Cannot Return To The Blandness And Mediocrity Of Nollywood - Genevieve Nnaji by BaddieKay(f): 7:16pm On Jul 02, 2014
Am not a fan but I think she's gat a point.the rate @ which producers/directors make nonsense movies dis days,is really annoying.jx like a movie I saw today "joy of daniella",d eye locking btwn d Ella and her brother ws so romantic and seducing that my sis had to conclude she wasn't d guys biological sis in the movie plus d story line has bn repeated overtime in different movies.The industry needs to change a lot of things and come up to standards with other movie industries.

2 Likes

Re: I Cannot Return To The Blandness And Mediocrity Of Nollywood - Genevieve Nnaji by MrRenaissance: 7:18pm On Jul 02, 2014
saints_1: Remember that the same mediocrity Nollywood made you what you are today... Don't bite the fingers that feed you Genny.

Truth hurts. In as much as she sounded arrogant, she's telling the truth. No need sugarcoating her words. Enough is enough. Change is constant, if Nollywood can't flow with the modern trend, they'd get ready to be forgotten.

I used to be a fan of Nollywood way back in 2003's and 2000's, but not anymore, because they keep vomiting vapid sordid craps as movies.angry

2 Likes

Re: I Cannot Return To The Blandness And Mediocrity Of Nollywood - Genevieve Nnaji by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jul 02, 2014
as much as she is right to reject 'uninspiring' scripts. i dont think it is right for her to say it in such manner publicly as most film producers have to make do with the little resources available to them viz infrastructure.
Re: I Cannot Return To The Blandness And Mediocrity Of Nollywood - Genevieve Nnaji by saints2(f): 8:28pm On Jul 02, 2014
Mr Renaissance:

Truth hurts. In as much as she sounded arrogant, she's telling the truth. No need sugarcoating her words. Enough is enough. Change is constant, if Nollywood can't flow with the modern trend, they'd get ready to be forgotten.

I used to be a fan of Nollywood way back in 2003's and 2000's, but not anymore, because they keep vomiting vapid sordid craps as movies.angry

I quite understand that truth is bitter, agree - Nollywood is fast becoming junk and another thing, I agree, my main take is, this Nollywood makes u what u are today, what has she done, thank God you are a bit expose, instead of castigating and finding faults, what steps has she made? When they are paying her 50k, 100k, she didnt see the ruins abi, now that she is well connected thats when she knew there are faults.

1 Like

Re: I Cannot Return To The Blandness And Mediocrity Of Nollywood - Genevieve Nnaji by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jul 02, 2014
She's forming,most people always forget what brought them to the top,not holding forth for the mediocrity in Nollywood,but she should stop sounding like a saint,as if she wasn't part of the mediocrity before.

2 Likes

Re: I Cannot Return To The Blandness And Mediocrity Of Nollywood - Genevieve Nnaji by bjcuntis(m): 8:49pm On Jul 02, 2014
johnwizey: Na because she don hammer make her dey yarn rubbish now. If to say she still dey hustle, she no go say this kain tin. Why can't you just write one yourself Instead of waiting for people to bring to you
y r u hating
Re: I Cannot Return To The Blandness And Mediocrity Of Nollywood - Genevieve Nnaji by parrotibaba(m): 8:49pm On Jul 02, 2014
I think dis blame goes to all sides i.e d artists, producers,directors,etc n of course d govt n its ppl ...if d govt provides light,security n health care,den dis movie producers will spend dia resources on better cameras, locations, good actors/actresses, better scripts, etc, I mean u can't expect me to mk A-list movies with d limited resources dat I hv spent in buying fuel 4 d generator, etc ...on d part of us d masses ,I mean we can't criticize without sentiments n hate oh n I 4got,folks in Alaba n pound road r busy pirating movies here n there n what dos dat do to d sales of d movie in d first place? ....so me thinks dat if dis producers n script writers get a favourable environment n still screw up ,den we can nw throw stones at dem..#shalom

1 Like

Re: I Cannot Return To The Blandness And Mediocrity Of Nollywood - Genevieve Nnaji by axortedbabe(f): 8:53pm On Jul 02, 2014
*yawns *
abeg wetin b nollywood..
Re: I Cannot Return To The Blandness And Mediocrity Of Nollywood - Genevieve Nnaji by herald9: 10:04pm On Jul 02, 2014
hensben: this is how things are done instead of condemnation, asking me what have i done lol, am not a celebrity hope u know that
Lolz.. u dnt need to be a celebrity before you do something...
Remember you are the end user...
You can actually stop buying them to reduce/stop the 'mediocrity of nollywood ' wink
Re: I Cannot Return To The Blandness And Mediocrity Of Nollywood - Genevieve Nnaji by hensben(m): 10:30pm On Jul 02, 2014
herald9:
Lolz.. u dnt need to be a celebrity before you do something...
Remember you are the end user...
You can actually stop buying them to reduce/stop the 'mediocrity of nollywood ' wink
you didnt read the part were i type "i am helping people in my own little way", the reason why type that part u highlighted was that i am trying to tell her she doesnt know me in real life unlike genevieve
Re: I Cannot Return To The Blandness And Mediocrity Of Nollywood - Genevieve Nnaji by hensben(m): 10:34pm On Jul 02, 2014
saints_1:

I quite understand that truth is bitter, agree - Nollywood is fast becoming junk and another thing, I agree, my main take is, this Nollywood makes u what u are today, what has she done, thank God you are a bit expose, instead of castigating and finding faults, what steps has she made? When they are paying her 50k, 100k, she didnt see the ruins abi, now that she is well connected thats when she knew there are faults.
bro nor mind her and people supporting her here, they are all ingrate, this is why nigeria is not moving forward, when they spring up, instead of them to contribute to what bring them to limelight, they start spewing rubbish about same thing.
Re: I Cannot Return To The Blandness And Mediocrity Of Nollywood - Genevieve Nnaji by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jul 02, 2014
Does anybody know what happened to irokotv? no more free movies?? sad
Re: I Cannot Return To The Blandness And Mediocrity Of Nollywood - Genevieve Nnaji by ayukdaboss(m): 11:35pm On Jul 02, 2014
MissG_dope: Does anybody know what happened to irokotv? no more free movies?? sad

I thought girls now hide their love for awuff? shocked
Re: I Cannot Return To The Blandness And Mediocrity Of Nollywood - Genevieve Nnaji by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jul 02, 2014
ayukdaboss:

I thought girls now hide their love for awuff? shocked
abeg wetin be awuff?
Re: I Cannot Return To The Blandness And Mediocrity Of Nollywood - Genevieve Nnaji by ayukdaboss(m): 11:56pm On Jul 02, 2014
MissG_dope:
abeg wetin be awuff?

You seriously don't know the meaning of awuff?? undecided
Re: I Cannot Return To The Blandness And Mediocrity Of Nollywood - Genevieve Nnaji by Nobody: 12:20am On Jul 03, 2014
ayukdaboss:

You seriously don't know the meaning of awuff?? undecided
i don't
Re: I Cannot Return To The Blandness And Mediocrity Of Nollywood - Genevieve Nnaji by ayukdaboss(m): 12:24am On Jul 03, 2014
MissG_dope:
i don't

Then you need a complete pidgin manual O. '' Awuff '' means free things. smiley
Re: I Cannot Return To The Blandness And Mediocrity Of Nollywood - Genevieve Nnaji by goalburner(m): 1:37am On Jul 03, 2014
I like Genevieve, buh i LOVE her daughter
Re: I Cannot Return To The Blandness And Mediocrity Of Nollywood - Genevieve Nnaji by PenSniper: 5:11am On Jul 03, 2014
axortedbabe: *yawns *
abeg wetin b nollywood..

Nollywood is an aspiring ex-this, ex-that industry, an imminent 'has-been'.
Re: I Cannot Return To The Blandness And Mediocrity Of Nollywood - Genevieve Nnaji by floragregs(f): 6:11am On Jul 03, 2014
hensben: talking about hypocrisy, if genny were to be up and coming actress, will she reject role from producer? the answer is NO,her role now is to tutor the young actress and tell them look, this is how things are done instead of condemnation, asking me what have i done lol, am not a celebrity hope u know that, i am supporting people positively in my own little way, this the reason i dont discuss issues with women, everything is said/done with emotion instead of logic. Have a nice day miss. smiley
u have answered ur own question! She's not "upcoming" so allow her to select role abeg!

(1) (2) (Reply)

See Davido and Sean Tizzle, which of this tattoo will you Rock for 2015 (Photos) / Best Port Harcourt Music Producer Emeka Christian (aka) Mr Echris / See This Funny Twitter Post Reply

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.