Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,875 members, 7,806,507 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:30 PM

How Do I Become A Millionaire In One Year With My Blog - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Do I Become A Millionaire In One Year With My Blog (12564 Views)

"Binary Option Trading (become A Millionaire In A Year)" / Kolanut Business: You can be a Millionaire within 6 months / 5 Proven Tips To Become A Multi-millionaire In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Become A Millionaire In One Year With My Blog by prowitin(m): 6:22pm On Jul 20, 2014
Get Your Own Custom .COM Domain for Your Blog

You may realize it's time to take things seriously and upgrade to your own custom domain (eg:yourblog.com). This post will hopefully help clarify the benefits of getting your own web domain and where to start. Just like always, you are more than welcome to ask me any questions and I am happy to help you through the process.

Why Choose a Custom Domain?

It's Permanent. You get to keep this domain name forever. Services such as Blogger can deactivate your blog at any given time without notice.
Promote your own brand. If your site is a subdomain (such as ..com) you're promoting Google Blogger. Get your own domain and you'll be promoting your own unique brand. It gives you credibility and more people will trust you and what you have to offer.
More Traffic. Search engines prefer custom web domains over subdomains.
Name Recognition. It's much easier to remember and locate a domain name such as KokoMan dot com than KokoMan dot dot com.
Custom Email. You can get your own custom email (eg: John@ YourBlog dot com or Admin@ YourBlog dot com ). It looks very professional.
Selling Rights. Subdomain blogs, such as , do not allow you to sell your blog. With your own custom domain you have the right to sell your website if you choose to do so one day. Sell your site on Flippa Dot com
Know the Worth: If you do not have your own domain name you cannot know the worth of your blog so as to put it up for sell when you are tired or in need of money. You can know the worth of your blog on sites like (sitepricecheck dot com) blogs like Lindaikeji is worth nothing regardless of all the money she is making, but for BellaNaija and NotJustOk....THEY ARE WORTH $1,682,640.00 (N269,222,400) and $1,057,320.00 (N169,171,200) respectively.mine is still $8...we will get there. Lets not even talk about how much Nairaland is worth before una go Rob Seun. grin
Yes, you CAN make money with blogging, lots of people are. However, If you ever decide to earn money with your blog, you will be unable to do it well on a free blog.
Not much. You will need a domain that will cost approximately $10 a year and a hosting (service that connects your blog to the internet) is around $4 – $7 a month (less than a movie ticket). To sum this up, it’ll be around $50(N7,500) a year. The good thing about self-hosted blog is that you don’t have to be committed. If you feel that blogging is actually not your cup of tea, you can sell the site at anytime. I got mine for less than N7,500... grin

It's Cheap. Give up one GULDER bottle a day for one month and you can afford your own (.com, .net, .org, etc.) domain!
Choosing the Right Web Host
If you are searching for a web hosting company that has reliable and fast servers, try HostGator, Go Daddy or NameCheap. My friend Jide (i will tell you more about him later) and I use Namecheap to host several sites.
Setup Your Custom Domain with Blogger
Assuming you have your own hosting plan with Hostgator or another web host, contact your web hosting company about registering a domain. Tell them that you want to register a new domain name such as YourDomain.com. Once the domain is registered ask them to create a CNAME record for your domain with the DNS directing to: ghs.google.com. Please note that it may take a few hours to a day for your DNS settings to update correctly.
Now we need to update your Blogger Settings at Blogger.com. Go to Settings and then click on the Publishing tab.
If you are publishing on , you will see a link near the top offering to switch you to a custom domain. Go ahead and click on "custom domain".

Now click "Switch to Advanced Settings".

Fill in the name of your domain. I typed in YourDomain.com as an example. Once you've done this enter the word verification at the bottom of the page and click "Save Settings".

That's it! Your files should now be hosted at your new domain if your DNS settings have been updated yet.
Got Questions?
Feel free to ask me any question because I'd be happy to walk you through step by step!
Leave a comment below.

Re: How Do I Become A Millionaire In One Year With My Blog by prowitin(m): 6:38pm On Jul 20, 2014
The Disadvantage of owning your own Domain Name too late.

The Domain Might be Taken: If you do not get your site domain name fast enough one sharp guy might go and buy the domain and when you have a very good name like Vagiinadoctor dot dot com and you want to turn it to Vagiinadoctor dot com it might be too late because it might have been taken. Just in-case you guess do not know some people do this as business they look for blogs doing well and they go and buy the domain name so when you want to turn your blog to Dot Come you will have to buy it back from them…why do you think LindaIkeji is still a Blog spot Dot com with all the money she is making?
You will loose your global ranking if you do it late: There is a site known as Alexa and what they do is rank site allover the world and this goes a lot way in helping your traffic and how much your site is worth. Would you believe it that I was once ranked 3m? as a but when I got the domain name I had to start all over again.

Re: How Do I Become A Millionaire In One Year With My Blog by prowitin(m): 7:10pm On Jul 20, 2014
All these post have just given me an idea. I will open another blog this week. Even dough I don't like owning more than one at a time because it is hard to maintain one blog not to talk of 2.
I hv a friend who has 4. And he has no global recognition for any of them. meaning his traffic is very poor. Sometimes he does not post one one for like one week.
Well I intend to open another one as an experiment. You guys can join me if you are interested in making some extra cash on the side. I will open a blog this week and sell it by december when the worth is good. Xmas flexing morning on the side. LoL
Now what should we call this blog?
Any suggestion from the house?
Am thinking of something along the line of strange and mystirious things happening in the world. Men this blog go bloody die. Scary shiit go full am.lol -

I don try for today abeg.
Next topic will be no 2 on the list.
2. How to get unique content...
Re: How Do I Become A Millionaire In One Year With My Blog by jaylister(m): 12:09am On Jul 21, 2014
if u change the template and your layout appears to have only favicon widget. watin cus am?
Re: How Do I Become A Millionaire In One Year With My Blog by bizmogul(m): 1:03am On Jul 21, 2014
@ OP thanks for creating this thread.

I would love to drop my 2 cents on this topic.

There are several ways to make money from your blog; as a matter of fact you can make money almost immediately.

The first thing you need to do is have a well laid down plan before jumping into blogging.

For me, I have found out that problem solving blogs can easily make you money in your first week.

How? For example, I created a bought over a blog in the health niche; weight loss to be precise. This blog came with a product on " how to lose 10kg in 10 days", all I did was to set up an optin form on the blog, drove traffic to it with Facebook advertising and I made 2 sales the next day. The products valued at N2,000 each. Now Imagine if I can make 100 sales every month? I could also sell physical products to my visitors if I wish. It's sweet when you are doing other stuffs and getting alert from your bank smiley

Now the first thing you need to do is to pick a profitable niche. Think health, wealth and relationship. This categories are very general and you would want to narrow it down to a specific sub category. Like in the health, you can do weight loss, in relationship you can do " how to make a distance relationship work" etc. In wealth, you can do " how to make money on the internet" or " how to make money online".

Please do ensure that your blog is solving a problem, I repeat!

After you have chosen your niche, you can create your blog using either the blogger platform or wordpress platform. I prefer doing wordpress, I once had a blog on blogger that was taken down, I wouldn't want this happening to you.

After creating your blog, you need quality contents because that's the attraction. Focus on giving great information for free and you will get loyalists. You can also hire people on freelance sites to create contents for you; it's allowed!

You can monetize your blog from the first day by creating a product or purchasing a PLR ( Private Label Right) to a product just like I did. Make sure you create side bar banners for this product on your site.

Integrate a subscriber form on your website so visitors can enter their email address to be contacted whenever you make a post. You can bait them in by giving them something free. This step is very important, once you have people in your funnel, it is easier to sell to them. They will trust you because you give them free quality info. Please and please don't start pushing products to them rapidly, try to engage them first with FREE tips.

After all these are set up, you need traffic! Because if nobody sees your website, nobody buys anything from you. Facebook paid advertising has been serving me very well. If you run your advert well, you can get as little as $0.02 per click. You can start on a budget of $10 a day for 30 days. If you can get up to 1000 leads, then great! It means you have 1000 people that you can send your links to.

Always look at the brighter and higher side of things, most times it's not just about selling one product to your visitors, you can upsell and sell even more products to them.

This is my own strategy and it really works well for me. I have my personal blog on internet marketing; see link in my signature... victoragina.com

I have monetized the blog with several other businesses, most times am just relaxing somewhere and I get an alert... So, so sweet!

I hope this helps.

Cheers

6 Likes

Re: How Do I Become A Millionaire In One Year With My Blog by born2lead01: 1:25am On Jul 21, 2014
@op, u too much for this.

Please, if I have my domain name can I host it on blogger? if yes,can you guide me through it?
Re: How Do I Become A Millionaire In One Year With My Blog by prowitin(m): 5:46am On Jul 21, 2014
Ur internet is slow. Reload or refresh page when the internet is fast. And the other stuffs will show. wink

jaylister: if u change the template and your layout appears to have only favicon widget. watin cus am?
Re: How Do I Become A Millionaire In One Year With My Blog by prowitin(m): 6:27am On Jul 21, 2014
Note: for those trying to install an external template to their blog. Kindly save your existing template before you change the template just incase you don't Like the new one you can always reinstall the old one.
Re: How Do I Become A Millionaire In One Year With My Blog by prowitin(m): 6:36am On Jul 21, 2014
Bro, thanks for the insight. I will try this idea. Something along the line of wealth creation online. I don't know what I can sell on it for now but something will come up before the end of the week. I don't like selling ebooks. I rather give out the info for free. Hmnnnn well let's see how it goes. You are right about the Wordpress blogs besides a lot more bloggers go for them am just over comfortable with blogger. I rather do my blogger jeje am use to its dashboard. And if anything goes wrong I won't mind that much its an experiment. But don't think anything bad will happen becasue I will own the domain name so if blogger close the blog I will just carry my shop to wordpress.
Lol

bizmogul: @ OP thanks for creating this thread.

I would love to drop my 2 cents on this topic.

There are several ways to make money from your blog; as a matter of fact you can make money almost immediately.

The first thing you need to do is have a well laid down plan before jumping into blogging.

For me, I have found out that problem solving blogs can easily make you money in your first week.

How? For example, I created a bought over a blog in the health niche; weight loss to be precise. This blog came with a product on " how to lose 10kg in 10 days", all I did was to set up an optin form on the blog, drove traffic to it with Facebook advertising and I made 2 sales the next day. The products valued at N2,000 each. Now Imagine if I can make 100 sales every month? I could also sell physical products to my visitors if I wish. It's sweet when you are doing other stuffs and getting alert from your bank smiley

Now the first thing you need to do is to pick a profitable niche. Think health, wealth and relationship. This categories are very general and you would want to narrow it down to a specific sub category. Like in the health, you can do weight loss, in relationship you can do " how to make a distance relationship work" etc. In wealth, you can do " how to make money on the internet" or " how to make money online".

Please do ensure that your blog is solving a problem, I repeat!

After you have chosen your niche, you can create your blog using either the blogger platform or wordpress platform. I prefer doing wordpress, I once had a blog on blogger that was taken down, I wouldn't want this happening to you.

After creating your blog, you need quality contents because that's the attraction. Focus on giving great information for free and you will get loyalists. You can also hire people on freelance sites to create contents for you; it's allowed!

You can monetize your blog from the first day by creating a product or purchasing a PLR ( Private Label Right) to a product just like I did. Make sure you create side bar banners for this product on your site.

Integrate a subscriber form on your website so visitors can enter their email address to be contacted whenever you make a post. You can bait them in by giving them something free. This step is very important, once you have people in your funnel, it is easier to sell to them. They will trust you because you give them free quality info. Please and please don't start pushing products to them rapidly, try to engage them first with FREE tips.

After all these are set up, you need traffic! Because if nobody sees your website, nobody buys anything from you. Facebook paid advertising has been serving me very well. If you run your advert well, you can get as little as $0.02 per click. You can start on a budget of $10 a day for 30 days. If you can get up to 1000 leads, then great! It means you have 1000 people that you can send your links to.

Always look at the brighter and higher side of things, most times it's not just about selling one product to your visitors, you can upsell and sell even more products to them.

This is my own strategy and it really works well for me. I have my personal blog on internet marketing; see link in my signature... victoragina.com

I have monetized the blog with several other businesses, most times am just relaxing somewhere and I get an alert... So, so sweet!

I hope this helps.

Cheers
Re: How Do I Become A Millionaire In One Year With My Blog by bolaji73(m): 9:03am On Jul 21, 2014
you guys are really doing a great job here but I must confess that you aren't helping beginners like me.most of the terminologies are strange.I really appreciate the explanation you gave favicon since am aren't new to nairaland so,I could grab.
for easy understanding for beginners, I would appreciate if you sight examples from nairaland to explain some of the clickboard,menu, contents etc.thanks. ##following eagerly ##
Re: How Do I Become A Millionaire In One Year With My Blog by Nobody: 9:17am On Jul 21, 2014
nice one.
following seriously.

Cheers
Samuel
Re: How Do I Become A Millionaire In One Year With My Blog by Nobody: 9:44am On Jul 21, 2014
just created my blog few minutes ago through what i read this morning.
title:construction and real estate
add: homeownerssecrets..com

Cheers
Samuel

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Become A Millionaire In One Year With My Blog by prowitin(m): 10:05am On Jul 21, 2014
Sorry my brother. Noted we will slow down

bolaji73: you guys are really doing a great job here but I must confess that you aren't helping beginners like me.most of the terminologies are strange.I really appreciate the explanation you gave favicon since am aren't new to nairaland so,I could grab.
for easy understanding for beginners, I would appreciate if you sight examples from nairaland to explain some of the clickboard,menu, contents etc.thanks. ##following eagerly ##
Re: How Do I Become A Millionaire In One Year With My Blog by prowitin(m): 10:06am On Jul 21, 2014
Nice one bro. Love that name. Welcome onboard

segzy14: just created my blog few minutes ago through what i read this morning.
title:construction and real estate
add: homeownerssecrets..com

Cheers
Samuel
Re: How Do I Become A Millionaire In One Year With My Blog by Nobody: 10:10am On Jul 21, 2014
prowitin: Nice one bro. Love that name. Welcome onboard

thanks.
trying to load pics in the favicon.

Cheers
Samuel
Re: How Do I Become A Millionaire In One Year With My Blog by prowitin(m): 10:18am On Jul 21, 2014
Cool.let me know if u hv issues with it.

segzy14:

thanks.
trying to load pics in the favicon.

Cheers
Samuel
Re: How Do I Become A Millionaire In One Year With My Blog by Nobody: 10:21am On Jul 21, 2014
prowitin: Cool.let me know if u hv issues with it.

seriously, having issues with it.
Re: How Do I Become A Millionaire In One Year With My Blog by prowitin(m): 10:26am On Jul 21, 2014
How?

segzy14:

seriously, having issues with it.
Re: How Do I Become A Millionaire In One Year With My Blog by Nobody: 10:43am On Jul 21, 2014
prowitin: How?

pics could not upload
Re: How Do I Become A Millionaire In One Year With My Blog by prowitin(m): 10:50am On Jul 21, 2014
How big is the pic? If it is not 16by16 it will not upload. U will hv to go to iconj dot come and resize it there. Den save and return back to upload it.
segzy14:

pics could not upload
Re: How Do I Become A Millionaire In One Year With My Blog by Nobody: 10:58am On Jul 21, 2014
prowitin: How big is the pic? If it is not 16by16 it will not upload. U will hv to go to iconj dot come and resize it there. Den save and return back to upload it.

working on it
Re: How Do I Become A Millionaire In One Year With My Blog by Nobody: 11:03am On Jul 21, 2014
prowitin: How big is the pic? If it is not 16by16 it will not upload. U will hv to go to iconj dot come and resize it there. Den save and return back to upload it.

did it and got a blurred pics
Re: How Do I Become A Millionaire In One Year With My Blog by prowitin(m): 11:20am On Jul 21, 2014
Send the image to prowitin@gmail.com let me do it for u and send it back.
segzy14:

did it and got a blurred pics
Re: How Do I Become A Millionaire In One Year With My Blog by prowitin(m): 11:32am On Jul 21, 2014
Its easy take ur time and study the site.

I think I will talk about alternative ways of uploading images before how to get unique content.

segzy14:

working on it
Re: How Do I Become A Millionaire In One Year With My Blog by crestime(m): 4:15pm On Jul 21, 2014
born2lead01: Thanks so much bros for that, I'm not a doctor I just overheard two ladies discussing about the V part (while i was researching into a niche) and I thought I should create a blog related to that. I tried several variations such as care,health,info etc but not available on blogger but was eventually able to see the doctor one.

I just stumbled on the article and I think I found your own template on it. Thanks I will read it fully and let you know when I'm ready to install it.

A big GBOSA for you on the ideas you just dropped,I will surely come up with posts on them in good time.

Thanks so much again,following your thread bumper to bumper!

@born2lead01, good niche there! Now, how do you intend monetizing your blog? Do you have products reports or ebooks to sell? If not, I'll be sorry to tell you that you're wasting your time. Firstly, don't think of approaching ad networks like adsense because they'd be hesitant considering your choice of topic (it's not allowed in their TOS). Your idea is good but if you want to generate good income from your blog, you should start preparing your mini-reports and products to sell to your visitors right NOW. Hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Become A Millionaire In One Year With My Blog by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jul 21, 2014
following closely
Re: How Do I Become A Millionaire In One Year With My Blog by born2lead01: 10:12pm On Jul 21, 2014
crestime:
@born2lead01, good niche there! Now, how do you intend monetizing your blog? Do you have products reports or ebooks to sell? If not, I'll be sorry to tell you that you're wasting your time. Firstly, don't think of approaching ad networks like adsense because they'd be hesitant considering your choice of topic (it's not allowed in their TOS). Your idea is good but if you want to generate good income from your blog, you should start preparing your mini-reports and products to sell to your visitors right NOW. Hope this helps.

You never knew I was silently following you; I already started adding advert using the Amazon affiliate marketing tool thanks to your thread! still waiting for the "right time" to comment on your thread.
Re: How Do I Become A Millionaire In One Year With My Blog by prowitin(m): 10:35pm On Jul 21, 2014
Abeg oooo. Which thread is that? So we can also benefit. I need amazon money oo

born2lead01:

You never knew I was silently following you; I already started adding advert using the Amazon affiliate marketing tool thanks to your thread! still waiting for the "right time" to comment on your thread.
Re: How Do I Become A Millionaire In One Year With My Blog by born2lead01: 5:24am On Jul 22, 2014
Re: How Do I Become A Millionaire In One Year With My Blog by sovpounds(m): 6:03am On Jul 22, 2014
hello prowitin, how are you able to check your alexa ranking when your alexa ranking is in millions? do you have to pay to check if your ranking is in millions?
Re: How Do I Become A Millionaire In One Year With My Blog by Nobody: 9:23am On Jul 22, 2014
prowitin: Send the image to prowitin@gmail.com let me do it for u and send it back.

mail sent.

Cheers
Samuel
Re: How Do I Become A Millionaire In One Year With My Blog by prowitin(m): 11:00am On Jul 22, 2014
Bro I did not see any mail ooo. I thin have gotten it already. That burry picture is what . Just go and install it in ur layout on ur dashboard. It will work. That burry thing is because it is expanded. Its actually suppose to be very small.
segzy14:

mail sent.

Cheers
Samuel

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Unfortunate Experience With Geegpay Africa / CBN Gives Banks 2 Weeks To Settle Customers' Complaints / Coca-Cola Harnesses The Power Of AI To Deliver Holiday Magic Across Continents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.