Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,334 members, 7,780,876 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:42 AM

Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey (55827 Views)

Livestock Production: Fisheries, Poultry, Pig, Cattle, Sheep And Goats / Fully Functional Farm (poultry, Fishery, Cattle, Sheep) For Sale/lease / Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by GGfadar(m): 5:56pm On Jul 02, 2014
Thanks to NAIRALAND for wiping off my threads on this TOPIC.
Will see what I can repost from lost data about this thread.

---------------------------------------------------

Any further enquiries on starting up a LIVESTOCK FARMING BIZ
MANAGEMENT e.t.c, am here to assist.
You can also reach me as usual on WHATSAPP 08064517195......... wink

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by GGfadar(m): 8:30pm On Jul 02, 2014
i kp and understand the northern goats well n cross breed wit d western goat. they give birth to very good kids, tall like d northern goats n fat like d western goats..
i understand their diet well n know how to gradually change their diet to d western goats diet. diet is d major problem wit northern goats n not just weather. of u need d clues, contact me. av bn doing dis for about 8yrs now and am gd @ breeding goat.
i know d necessary medication for gd productivity.
if u need me den let me know and i ll give u my contact. i was trained by my dad a veterinary expert and still training

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by GGfadar(m): 8:45am On Jul 03, 2014
If you are interested in livestock farming on a medium scale level, first thing first,
acquire a land ( 1 hectare )
Erect a room or two room apartment to
accommodate workers and fence at least four
Plots with wire fence ten meters to the
apartment.
The fenced plots is to keep animals in a small shelter after grazing and in case you wish to feed them with concentrates and give them medications when needed.
Another important facility is water supply.
All these are to be considered first before anyone ventures into this biz.
For more info .........
Pls follow and comment
Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by GGfadar(m): 10:55am On Jul 11, 2014
TURKEY FARMING BIZ
---------------------------------------------------
Commercial turkey farming is a profitable business idea. Turkey grows faster like broiler chickens and become suitable for slaughter purpose within a very short time ( 20 - 24 weeks ). Turkey farming for meat production is very popular than egg production from turkey.
--------------------------------------------------
some basics steps for starting commercial turkey farming business.

1. Breed of turkey to b raised...........

Broad breasted turkey is advisable for
commercial turkey production. They consume
less feed and convert this feed to meat
within a very short time.

2. Housing and Fencing.....................

Good housing with all types of essential
facilities available is very necessary for
commercial turkey production. In this regard,
you have to make a permanent house like,
chicken house and ensure availability of all
necessary facilities. For fencing, make the
fence as high as possible. Turkeys are large
in size and become very strong. So, the
fencing must have to be strong enough to
protect the birds. However, while making
housing and fencing for turkeys, keep in
mind the followings.

* You must have to make proper protection
from all types of predators and harmful
animals like snakes, soldier ants e.t.c.

* Ensure availability of sufficient space inside
the pen house.

* Using wooden litter is very effective for
turkey farming.

* Make sure there's sufficient flow of fresh air
and light inside the pen house.

* Make proper ventilation system.

* Make the house suitable enough for thorough.
and regular cleaning.

* In case of fencing, make it as high as
possible. The fencing must have to be at
least four feet above the ground. The turkeys
are far very strong and bigger than other
poultry birds. So, make the fencing with
strong materials.

3. Feeding & Watering.......................

Good and nutritious feed keeps the bird
healthy and productive. So, it would be better
to learn how to feed the turkey birds and this
will help you to prevent problems in turkey
farming and reducing feeding costs. Turkey
needs more protein in their food for first few
weeks than other domestic birds. The protein
in poultry feed should be at least 28 percent.

You can go with chick starter which contain
about 28 percent of protein. Feed the turkey,
chick starter for first six weeks and after that
period you can feed them grower feed.
Grower feed should contain 20 percent
protein. The amount of protein in turkey feed
is higher than chickens or other poultry birds
feed. Along with providing nutritious food,
always serve them sufficient amount of fresh
and clean water. Generally, 2 gallons of fresh
water mixed with multivitamins is necessary
for one dozen of turkeys.

4. Care & Management........................

Always try to keep your birds in healthy
environment and learn more about turkey
farming and how to prevent health problems.
Never feed your birds contaminated or
outdated food. Always provide them clean and
fresh water. Keep sufficient space inside the
house. And lastly, take good care of your
birds.

5. Marketing................................

In commercial turkey farming, the birds
become suitable for marketing within 20 to 24
weeks. Sell all the birds when they reach the
slaughtering age.

Turkey farming business is really very lucrative and enjoyable. If you are thinking about setting up commercial turkey farming business, then try to learn more about them or reach me through WHATSAPP.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by Belexy(m): 5:04pm On Jul 13, 2014
I will soon contact u on whatsapp to learn more about poultry.
Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by GGfadar(m): 6:36pm On Jul 13, 2014
Belexy: I will soon contact u on whatsapp to learn more about poultry.
-----------------------------------------------------
Awaiting, am Always here......
Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by GGfadar(m): 9:39am On Jul 14, 2014
ORGANIC TURKEY FARMING BIZ FOR SMALL SCALE INVESTORS or BACKYARD FARMERS.
-----------------------------------------------------
Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by GGfadar(m): 9:22am On Jul 18, 2014
Organic turkey farming is a system of raising turkey birds in a pen house( deep litter system ) and allowing them to graze on a secured ranch where other domestic animals like goats, cattles do graze as well. Its not compulsory to keep other animals on the ranch but its good to have a few goats or sheep on it in order to make a good pasture.
The turkey birds will be raised indoor ( PEN HOUSE ) to at least 10 weeks before allowing to graze only in d day time. Its advisable to grow varieties of vegetables on the ranch as the birds grow.

The cost of feeding reduces by the time turkey starts grazing as they consume less of feed and more of pasture and any consumable insects on the ranch.

Organic turkey farming can be done in a smaller, small, medium and large scale enterprise but the major aim is to allow birds to move freely in a secured garden or ranch where they can feed on desired plants after eating their normal feed in the early hours of the day. This system helps the birds reduce their rate of acquiring fat in the body and produces a better taste when ready for human consumtion. A farmer can save up to 40% on feeding expenses before marketing.

Give it a try, start small and expand if you really see prospect in it.

Reach me for more tips in starting up organic turkey farming business.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by Belexy(m): 12:26pm On Jul 18, 2014
Nice
Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by rareman(m): 2:01pm On Jul 24, 2014
GGfadar: If you are interested in livestock farming on a medium scale level, first thing first,
acquire a land ( 1 hectare )
Erect a room or two room apartment to
accommodate workers and fence at least four
Plots with wire fence ten meters to the
apartment.
The fenced plots is to keep animals in a small shelter after grazing and in case you wish to feed them with concentrates and give them medications when needed.
Another important facility is water supply.
All these are to be considered first before anyone ventures into this biz.
For more info .........
Pls follow and comment

Thanks for this, am really interested in goat and cattle farming, but the challenge now is I have only 1 plot and nothing has been on that land, sourcing for cash to even elect a building like you advised now I want to ask what can I do with 1 plot. Thank you
Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by boluwajokosegun: 2:45pm On Jul 24, 2014
GGFadar, how are u & long time no see, please whatapp me on 08182355047
Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by GGfadar(m): 3:48pm On Jul 24, 2014
boluwajokosegun:
GGFadar, how are u & long time no see, please whatapp me on 08182355047
------------------------------------------------

Ok sir, I av u back on whatsapp now.
Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by GGfadar(m): 2:35pm On Jul 25, 2014
rareman:

Thanks for this, am really interested in goat and cattle farming, but the challenge now is I have only 1 plot and nothing has been on that land, sourcing for cash to even elect a building like you advised now I want to ask what can I do with 1 plot. Thank you

a plot is small to raise cattles and if u try it u ll spend a lot on feeding which is not wise enough.
i suggest u go for goat and sheep. a plot is okay to start up and later introduce turkey. get northern male goats from sokoto and raise them with west afrrican dwarf, make a wooden house for the goats. if u want to start up, pls lets discuss it thru whatsapp .......... 08187212102

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by boluwajokosegun: 3:08pm On Jul 25, 2014
You can buy an acre in Ikire for cattle, goat and ram farm

Contact Gbenga on 08136650972 or whatApp:08182355047
Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by GGfadar(m): 9:51pm On Jul 26, 2014
Coming up next on this thread.......................

GOAT AND RAM FATTENING
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
Best ration for your flocks rapid growth just in few months and also fat control in cases of dairy production and breeding.
Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by investnow2013: 9:34am On Jul 27, 2014
GGfadar:

a plot is small to raise cattles and if u try it u ll spend a lot on feeding which is not wise enough.
i suggest u go for goat and sheep. a plot is okay to start up and later introduce turkey. get northern male goats from sokoto and raise them with west afrrican dwarf, make a wooden house for the goats. if u want to start up, pls lets discuss it thru whatsapp .......... 08064517195
Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by jfkenny(m): 10:46am On Jul 27, 2014
thanks for the information.. will contact u..
Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by GGfadar(m): 3:46pm On Jul 29, 2014
GGfadar: Coming up next on this thread.......................

GOAT AND RAM FATTENING
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
Best ration for your flocks rapid growth just in few months and also fat control in cases of dairy production and breeding.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
======================================================================================================
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

it is very important to bear in mind that you are keeping GOATS AND RAM to earn money and for the same reason, its better to sell them out as soon as possible so as to get maximum profit out of it in a shorter period of time. In this system, it is better to feed animals which are having the highest possible FEED CONVERSION RATIO { FCR }which is the ratio of feed mass given to animals to attain a desired body weight.
The farmer needs to observe animals with tendency of rapid growth, big bones to be seleted for fattening. Also observe animals with high genetic grade with high growth rates as this will be economical under fattening system. It is also advisable to start fattening when animals grow up to at least 8 weeks old because this is the stage at which hormones are at its peak for rapid growth and not when animals are 4 months old or more.

The concentrate ratio stated below is a starter ration to be given at 20% digestive crude protein { DCP } and 70% total digestible nutrients { TDN }

WHEAT BRAN ======== 40 %
CRUSHED MAIZE ======== 30 %
SOYA MEAL ======== 15 %
PKC ======== 15 %

Offer the animals enough pasture to compliment the feed and regular clean water.
Add 25g/kg vitamin mix to feed or water to keep rumen healthy and functional thus improves efficiency in feed.

Feed animals weighing about 10kg -- 15kg 200g/day/kid or lamb
Feed animals weighing about 15kg -- 20kg 300g/day/kid or lamb
Allow animals to graze only in the sunny hours of the day.

Consult a certified veterinarian to prescribe the best antibiotics for your flock.

more info soon on ration to boost fattening............................................

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by GGfadar(m): 6:20pm On Jul 29, 2014
SUPER FATTENING BOOSTER FEED FOR GOATS AND RAMS
------------------------------------------------------------------------
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I discovered a feed formular some years back which i use to boost fattening in my animals and its been giving good return in profit.
This feed mixture is mainly to fatten grown up animals that were not well fed from birth or animals that lack necessary nutrients and vitamins in their feed while growing.

The FCR { feed conversion ratio } is very high and boosts the feed mass input to an impressive body mass output in short period of time.

FEED INGREDIENTS :...........................................................

* WHEAT BRAN ========= 100KG { 2 BAGS }

* CRUSHED MAIZE ========= 75KG

* SOYA BEAN MEAL ========= 40KG

* BREWERY WASTE ========= 50KG

* PKC ========= 50KG

* CRUSHED CASSAVA PEELS { DRY } ========= 200KG BAG { 4 BAGS }

* VITAMIN MIX ========= 25KG

* SALT LICK

* REGULAR SUPPLY OF CLEAN WATER
The vitamin mix is to keep RUMEN healthy and functional which improves efficiency of feed intake.

In order to complement the feed, do allow animals to graze at will only during the sunny hours of the day and never allow them when the weather is cold or during or immediately after rainfall.
Grazing will allow you control feed ration to reduce cost of purchasing feed mix.

NOTE : IT IS A MUST TO PROVIDE SHELTER FOR ANIMALS

ANY QUESTION ?
I'M ALWAYS HERE.......................................................................................................................

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by lagbaja(m): 7:41am On Jul 30, 2014
@GGfadar, what is a rough estimate of price per kg of live goats and sheeps.
Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by GGfadar(m): 8:42am On Jul 30, 2014
lagbaja: @GGfadar, what is a rough estimate of price per kg of live goats and sheeps.

In Nigeria, goats are not commonly sold in kilograms except for some private registered outlet like ZARTECH and few others or some government meat shops like one at BODIJA MARKET, IBADAN.
If you are talking about the ones to breed then i can give you the price range but in kilograms, i doubt if i can get you kilo price.
let me know the exact kind of goat or sheep you want. To breed, consume or to fatten and resell ?

I hope i'm a bit clear ?

1 Like

Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by GGfadar(m): 9:09am On Jul 30, 2014
GGfadar:

In Nigeria, goats are not commonly sold in kilograms except for some private registered outlet like ZARTECH and few others or some government meat shops like one at BODIJA MARKET, IBADAN.
If you are talking about the ones to breed then i can give you the price range but in kilograms, i doubt if i can get you kilo price.
let me know the exact kind of goat or sheep you want. To breed, consume or to fatten and resell ?

I hope i'm a bit clear ?

i will be in goats, sheep and ram market in JIGAWA STATE BOUNDARY TO NIGER REPUBLIC by weekend and will update you on current cost of animals. be it for breeding or otherwise.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by samseen02(m): 6:48pm On Aug 04, 2014
Did you know that snails are the most
prolific livestock animal producing
morethan 150 eggs at a time in one clutch?
It’s also the livestock that requires less
stress in breeding them. You can buy a
baby snail for less than N30 and make more
than N200 as profit on such snail when it
reaches table size.
The prolific aspect is that you can decide to
breed 4 snails and before a year runs out
you will have more than a thousand snails
in your snail farm. Though their is a kind of
spechie that produce this amount of eggs
at a time twice in a year. It is called Achtina
achatina, capable of producing 300 eggs in
a clutch.
If you can produce at least 30, 000 snails
that sells @N50 each (whole sale price)
table size you will be making N1,500,000 in
one season.
Snail also does not require money to buy
their foods as it is naturally available.
You may be wondering how you are going
to setup the business. Pls read the full
report here: http://
www.wealthmeans..com/2013/06/wealth-in-snail-farming-business.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by Belexy(m): 3:35pm On Sep 11, 2014
HELLO, CAN I FEED MY GOATS PLANTAIN and BANANA LEAVES all d time? I av two goats at d moment and i dnt allow dem graze. I feed dem wt plantain leaves.
Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by GGfadar(m): 12:36pm On Sep 19, 2014
Belexy: HELLO, CAN I FEED MY GOATS PLANTAIN and BANANA LEAVES all d time? I av two goats at d moment and i dnt allow dem graze. I feed dem wt plantain leaves.

Yes, its okay to feed dem with plantain and banana leaves but pls compliment with dry cassava peels and corn residues from pap processing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by Belexy(m): 10:02am On Sep 20, 2014
GGfadar:

Yes, its okay to feed dem with plantain and banana leaves but pls compliment with dry cassava peels and corn residues from pap processing.

Thank u.
Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by boluwajokosegun: 2:37pm On Sep 22, 2014
hello GGFADAR hope u are back from JIGAWA STATE BOUNDARY CLOSE TO NIGER REPUBLIC
Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by kayuscares4u(m): 3:51pm On Sep 22, 2014
i'm interested in this kind of business, but presently i'm still in a paid job. is it possible to do the two at the same time
Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by dref2(m): 11:19am On Oct 08, 2014
hi GGfadar am very interested in sheep and ram. I what app you but no reply. its like you've not been there for a long time. anyway how can I get training for this biz. am based in Edo state.cheers
Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by GGfadar(m): 9:23am On Oct 12, 2014
yeah thanks bro, quite sometime, hope all is well. been busy since. sorry for the break in transmission
boluwajokosegun:
hello GGFADAR hope u are back from JIGAWA STATE BOUNDARY CLOSE TO NIGER REPUBLIC
winkyeah thanks bro, quite sometime, hope all is well. been busy since. sorry for the break in transmission
boluwajokosegun:
Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by GGfadar(m): 9:26am On Oct 12, 2014
kayuscares4u:
i'm interested in this kind of business, but presently i'm still in a paid job. is it possible to do the two at the same time

hi, its very possible cos am running my farm and still an employee of a company. its not really easy but its very possible. may i know your location and your intended farm location. lets see how i can be of help

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Big Python Killed In Our Farm Swallowed 2 Turkeys (Pictured) / E-Agriculture Course And Certification - Career Boost / EGUSI (melon) Buying/selling & Storage Busines In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.