Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,678 members, 7,805,799 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:55 AM

Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey (56005 Views)

Livestock Production: Fisheries, Poultry, Pig, Cattle, Sheep And Goats / Fully Functional Farm (poultry, Fishery, Cattle, Sheep) For Sale/lease / Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by GGfadar(m): 9:31am On Oct 12, 2014
dref2:
hi GGfadar am very interested in sheep and ram. I what app you but no reply. its like you've not been there for a long time. anyway how can I get training for this biz. am based in Edo state.cheers

am not on whatsapp presently but will be back soon.
you can train yourself by following some procedures. first thing, do u have a good location to rear these animals and how secured is the place if u already have one. which part of EDO STATE are u ?
whatever i can do to train you online, i will. pls reply soon
Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by Gadgetmobil(m): 4:05pm On Oct 12, 2014
GGfadar:
If you are interested in livestock farming on a medium scale level, first thing first,
acquire a land ( 1 hectare )
Erect a room or two room apartment to
accommodate workers and fence at least four
Plots with wire fence ten meters to the
apartment.
The fenced plots is to keep animals in a small shelter after grazing and in case you wish to feed them with concentrates and give them medications when needed.
Another important facility is water supply.
All these are to be considered first before anyone ventures into this biz.
For more info .........
Pls follow and comment
Am seriously following you.
Am intending to resign from Banking, into farming
Would like to know the unit cost from 4wks to POS of goat and ram and then cattle
The Preffered Breed
The cost of purchase of this Breed and the location of purchase,
I have added you on whatsapp
Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by GGfadar(m): 3:23pm On Oct 21, 2014
Gadgetmobil:

Am seriously following you.
Am intending to resign from Banking, into farming
Would like to know the unit cost from 4wks to POS of goat and ram and then cattle
The Preffered Breed
The cost of purchase of this Breed and the location of purchase,
I have added you on whatsapp
.........................................................................................................................
.........................................................................................................................

OK
will post the info u need soon, just kinda busy nowadays. expect ur details by tomorrow
JAH BLESS
Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by Mr555: 10:27pm On Oct 22, 2014
Hello I am really following you and everyday I chech the thread to see if you have added something. More strength to your elbow.

1 Like

Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by Nobody: 8:20am On Oct 23, 2014
GGfadar hi,please how much is the cost of northern goats diff breeds and day old turkey? I am in ph now
Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by Finest4luv1(m): 6:21pm On Oct 23, 2014
GGfadar:
Organic turkey farming is a system of raising turkey birds in a pen house( deep litter system ) and allowing them to graze on a secured ranch where other domestic animals like goats, cattles do graze as well. Its not compulsory to keep other animals on the ranch but its good to have a few goats or sheep on it in order to make a good pasture.
The turkey birds will be raised indoor ( PEN HOUSE ) to at least 10 weeks before allowing to graze only in d day time. Its advisable to grow varieties of vegetables on the ranch as the birds grow.

The cost of feeding reduces by the time turkey starts grazing as they consume less of feed and more of pasture and any consumable insects on the ranch.

Organic turkey farming can be done in a smaller, small, medium and large scale enterprise but the major aim is to allow birds to move freely in a secured garden or ranch where they can feed on desired plants after eating their normal feed in the early hours of the day. This system helps the birds reduce their rate of acquiring fat in the body and produces a better taste when ready for human consumtion. A farmer can save up to 40% on feeding expenses before marketing.

Give it a try, start small and expand if you really see prospect in it.

Reach me for more tips in starting up organic turkey farming business.
tnx for d lecture bro..am intrestd in breedn of turkey..how will I contact you for more tips
Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by Rzq4: 7:40pm On Oct 23, 2014
can u pls elaborate more on d antibiotics to be given.thnks @ggfada
Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by GGfadar(m): 1:48pm On Nov 18, 2014
For more enquiries about livestock farming biz
whatsapp me on 08187212102
Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by GGfadar(m): 1:50pm On Nov 18, 2014
Rzq4:
can u pls elaborate more on d antibiotics to be given.thnks @ggfada

antibiotic for which animal pls
Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by boluwajokosegun: 4:07pm On Nov 18, 2014
Ggafa , long time , na wa for u ooo... hope all is well
Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by GGfadar(m): 11:52am On Dec 19, 2014
obakovich:
GGfadar hi,please how much is the cost of northern goats diff breeds and day old turkey? I am in ph now

..............................................................................................................................................................................................

northern goats varies and ranges in price,
a 3 - 4 month old kid costs 6,500 - 8,000 naira depending on growth rapidity.

make sure you observe the state of the animals health and consider the fitness before selecting for breeding.

.............................................................................................................................................................................................
a day old turkey is sold for 450 Naira in my location.
i will advice you start with a 6 week old turkey if u r a starter in this business
a 6 week old turkey cost btw 1,300 - 1,500 Naira

3 Likes

Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by GGfadar(m): 11:53am On Dec 19, 2014
whatsapp me on 08187212102
Finest4luv1:
tnx for d lecture bro..am intrestd in breedn of turkey..how will I contact you for more tips
Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by GGfadar(m): 10:26am On Feb 09, 2015
GGfadar:

antibiotic for which animal pls

saw ur mail attempt but why not whatsapp me on 08187212102
Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by MsBella: 7:15pm On Feb 11, 2015
GGfadar:

saw ur mail attempt but why not whatsapp me on 08187212102

Hello, I am interested in raising rams but I want to start with 1 ram first and sell it off when it matures properly.

The things is I was told by a man who has several rams that a costs 15k and I would have to buy corn and some other things the ram will eat.

I am new to this and I would like to know if one can start with a ram that has already grown or get one that is still very young. I intend to juggle this with work to.

Please your advice is needed. I live in Abuja and I know livestock is sold in Suleja, Nassarawa and a place they call dei-dei but going and knowing what to look out for is just beyond me.
Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by GGfadar(m): 12:08am On Feb 12, 2015
[pls reach me on 08187212102
I will tell u everything u need to know.
One ram is no bad to start with as u r new in d field.
MsBella:

Hello, I am interested in raising rams but I want to start with 1 ram first and sell it off when it matures properly.

The things is I was told by a man who has several rams that a costs 15k and I would have to buy corn and some other things the ram will eat.

I am new to this and I would like to know if one can start with a ram that has already grown or get one that is still very young. I intend to juggle this with work to.

Please your advice is needed. I live in Abuja and I know livestock is sold in Suleja, Nassarawa and a place they call dei-dei but going and knowing what to look out for is just beyond me.
Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by MsBella: 10:25am On Feb 12, 2015
GGfadar:
[pls reach me on 08187212102
I will tell u everything u needs to know.
One ram is no bad to start with as u r new in d field.

Ohk, thanks. I will contact later in the day.
Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by GGfadar(m): 4:55pm On Feb 19, 2015
There's something about livestock farming interested investors should really understand when raising cattle, sheep, goats and turkey.
* SHORT TERM
* LONG TERM

The short term livestock farming business is about raising or fattening animals to satisfied slaughter weight.
Selected animals are raised within a particular period ( basically short period ) and sell out. To my own understanding, festive periods should b their main target.
Animals like RAM, GOATS, TURKEY and CHICKEN can be raised for several festive celebration.
The best market season for ram and goats is the Sallah festival. They are as well hot along with turkey and chicken during Xmas, New year and Easter season.
RAM and GOATS with tendencies of growing big are selected and fatten for a short period ( 3 - 4 months ) to attain a desired weight in order to meet up with higher demand in market and making of better profit during festive periods, mostly the sallah period.
some basic feed concentrates and supplements are provided for animals to feed on to achieve positive results.
Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by GGfadar(m): 4:59pm On Feb 19, 2015
The long term livestock farming business is a system whereby desired animals to breed are gotten from a reliable source; i.e buying parent stocks from a reliable source, raise mainly for reproduction. If a farmer wants to get regular income throughout a year from livestock farm, its better achieved on a long term basis.
Here are some major facilities to consider done before starting up a long term livestock farming.

* RANCH -This is important in livestock farming due to high consumption of feed and high cost of feed. A ranch will allow animals feed on desired grown plants. there'll be free access to whatever plant they like to feed on.

* WATER - This is also important to animals. availability of clean source of water is very essential for animals.

* SHELTERS - In this case, a well constructed housing must be provided for animals, especially the goats and sheep( ram ). the two animals don't really survive the rainy season.
rain and cold weather isnt gd for them.
NOTE : NEVER ALLOW ANIMALS TO GRAZE IN THE EARLY HOURS OF THE DAY AND DO NOT OFFER ANIMALS WET FEED IN THE EARLY HOURS OF THE DAY.

* SECURITY - This is in fact another important point. don't start livestock farming without having a farm guard. Ranch must be fenced with wire and shelter must be enclosed with good roof and well ventilated.

Another important point is disposal of animal dungs. its improper to abandon animal faeces for long in a pen/shelter.
always keep animal house clean. remember " health is wealth "

* AVAILABILITY OF FEED AND SUPPLEMENTS as well as MEDICAL ATTENTION.
Farmer must be observant whenever there are strange changes in animal health. it might be due to lack of major food nutrients in pasture, infections or weather conditions. A veterinary doctor should visit the farm for inspection when strange negative changes are noticed.

I will analyse how profitable a long term livestock farming business could be if properly managed and maintained.

COMING UP SOON
Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by GGfadar(m): 1:21am On Feb 26, 2015
There's something about livestock farming interested investors should really understand when raising cattle, sheep, goats and turkey.
* SHORT TERM
* LONG TERM

The short term livestock farming business is about raising or fattening animals to satisfied slaughter weight.
Selected animals are raised within a particular period ( basically short period ) and sell out. To my own understanding, festive periods should b their main target.
Animals like RAM, GOATS, TURKEY and CHICKEN can be raised for several festive celebration.
The best market season for ram and goats is the Sallah festival. They are as well hot along with turkey and chicken during Xmas, New year and Easter season.
RAM and GOATS with tendencies of growing big are selected and fatten for a short period ( 3 - 4 months ) to attain a desired weight in order to meet up with higher demand in market and making of better profit during festive periods, mostly the sallah period.
some basic feed concentrates and supplements are provided for animals to feed on to achieve positive results.
Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by X3MLY(m): 11:00pm On Feb 28, 2015
Nice...following!
Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by X3MLY(m): 11:04pm On Feb 28, 2015
boluwajokosegun:

You can buy an acre in Ikire for cattle, goat and ram farm

Contact Gbenga on 08136650972 or whatApp:08182355047

Still available?
where exactly is this? And how much?
Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by noblefarm: 12:30am On Mar 01, 2015
GGfadar:
* SHORT TERM
* LONG TERM

sir, my interest is in cattle, what will it take me to start cattle farming ?
Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by GGfadar(m): 2:20pm On Mar 03, 2015
noblefarm:

sir, my interest is in cattle, what will it take me to start cattle farming ?

first thing is acquiring a land in a suitable environment for grazing and good security

second is getting a reliable herdsman

third is getting good breeds of cattle

commitment and good management

then u can think of starting

all requires capital

if i may ask, where do you reside ?
Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by noblefarm: 2:36pm On Mar 03, 2015
GGfadar:

first thing is acquiring a land in a suitable environment for grazing and good security

second is getting a reliable herdsman

third is getting good breeds of cattle

commitment and good management

then u can think of starting

all requires capital

if i may ask, where do you reside ?

pls sir, what do u mean by suitable environment?
Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by GGfadar(m): 10:42am On Mar 04, 2015
a place where animals can graze without destroying peoples farm and disturbing residents.
Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by GGfadar(m): 11:24pm On Mar 11, 2015
Do you have animals like sheep, cattle & goats excreting watery feaces/dungs ?
then something must be going wrong with their diet. if so, let me help.
I've noticed this minor problem brings about loss and discourages new investors in livestock farming but there's always a solution to problems shared.

let me b of help
Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by pat077: 6:47pm On Mar 12, 2015
GGfadar:
Do you have animals like sheep, cattle & goats excreting watery feaces/dungs ?
then something must be going wrong with their diet. if so, let me help.
I've noticed this minor problem brings about loss and discourages new investors in livestock farming but there's always a solution to problems shared.

let me b of help
Good day. I want to go into turkey farming wit d intention of taking their eggs to hatchery and selling it as day old after hatching. I'll like to know if it is advisable to start wit point of lay
Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by GGfadar(m): 12:06am On Mar 14, 2015
its ok to start with point of lay but u need to know n confirm its from a gd source/stock.

if u can get point of lay from a gd source /stock
then u r gd to go.

if u r not in a rush, start with a 10 - 15 weeks old and understand them as they grow.
am sure u won't regret if well managed.

at 5 - 6 months old, they should start laying n it takes 28 - 30 days to hatch
Re: Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey by boluwajokosegun: 1:08pm On Mar 14, 2015
Well done , l no get u for a long time, hope all is well

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Hunter Killed A Warthog, Civet And Other Wild Animals / Monster Fish Killed By Two Nairaland Guys / Man Fries Garri After Reading Buhari's Democracy Day Speech

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.