Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,839 members, 7,802,689 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:55 PM

Generating Gas Through Biodigester. - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Generating Gas Through Biodigester. (15890 Views)

Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. / Let's Design Your Corporate income generating website,Call us !! / Generating Amazing Wealth With Watermelon Cultivation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Generating Gas Through Biodigester. by targus: 6:16pm On Jul 02, 2014
Hi House,

Does anybody know who can construct Biodigester, I'm planning to use biodigester to generate gas to power my farm, but i need someone with expertise in constructing this. Please any idea?.
Re: Generating Gas Through Biodigester. by FarmTech(m): 6:56pm On Jul 02, 2014
I've read tons of ebook about it. But I've not done any practice yet. Following.
Re: Generating Gas Through Biodigester. by targus: 9:43pm On Jul 02, 2014
Thanks for the comment, what i'm looking for is eople that can do the Civil part of it.
Re: Generating Gas Through Biodigester. by slurry: 4:53pm On Jul 17, 2014
targus: Thanks for the comment, what i'm looking for is eople that can do the Civil part of it.
What type of digester and capacity do you have in mind; is it:
concrete / plastic tank / galvanized iron tank / polyethylene bag / tarpulin.
Re: Generating Gas Through Biodigester. by targus: 3:00am On Jul 18, 2014
Hi, thank for your reply, I m looking for concrete build and the capacity I'm looking for is something that will be enough to power between 15-25kw generator for 24hrs daily and enough gas for domestic cooking .
Re: Generating Gas Through Biodigester. by slurry: 7:50pm On Jul 18, 2014
targus: Hi, thank for your reply, I m looking for concrete build and the capacity I'm looking for is something that will be enough to power between 15-25kw generator for 24hrs daily and enough gas for domestic cooking .
25kva & 24 hours running Do you intend feeding your community with electricity, if not then you must have heavy farm equipments/ gadgets that consume much power.
In that case, you will need to construct a digester that will have gas output of 7000 cubic feet daily and such a digester will occupy a land space of 38.37 square feet.
You need to have 50 herds of cattle with a live weight of 100lbs or 100 pigs with the same live weight as cattle.
Men this is a big project you want to embark on, but with enormous rewards if you can pay the price.
Re: Generating Gas Through Biodigester. by FarmTech(m): 11:40pm On Jul 18, 2014
slurry:
25kva & 24 hours running Do you intend feeding your community with electricity, if not then you must have heavy farm equipments/ gadgets that consume much power.
In that case, you will need to construct a digester that will have gas output of 7000 cubic feet daily and such a digester will occupy a land space of 38.37 square feet.
You need to have 50 herds of cattle with a live weight of 100lbs or 100 pigs with the same live weight as cattle.
Men this is a big project you want to embark on, but with enormous rewards if you can pay the price.
In that case, it is better he start small.
Re: Generating Gas Through Biodigester. by slurry: 12:55am On Jul 19, 2014
well its kind of two way things: if your farm is big, by big I mean with large animal stock yes you can go for that big biogas but if not then start small
Re: Generating Gas Through Biodigester. by FarmTech(m): 12:03pm On Jul 19, 2014
slurry: well its kind of two way things: if your farm is big, by big I mean with large animal stock yes you can go for that big biogas but if not then start small
Your name is related to biogas. A mixture of manure and water is called slurry. Cute.
Re: Generating Gas Through Biodigester. by Pavore9: 12:16pm On Jul 19, 2014
FarmTech:
Your name is related to biogas. A mixture of manure and water is called slurry. Cute.
lol!..good observation!
Re: Generating Gas Through Biodigester. by slurry: 1:06pm On Jul 19, 2014
@ farmtech
U are very correct with d observation of my name & indeed its a cute name and profitable name.
There is lots of money & job opportunities to be made from farm wastes and other kinds of west and I think it's not too late for Nigeria to harvest from this profitable goldmine.
Re: Generating Gas Through Biodigester. by slurry: 1:07pm On Jul 19, 2014
slurry: @ farmtech
U are very correct with d observation of my name & indeed its a cute name and profitable name.
There is lots of money & job opportunities to be made from farm wastes and other kinds of west waste and I think it's not too late for Nigeria to harvest from this profitable goldmine.
Re: Generating Gas Through Biodigester. by targus: 4:58pm On Jul 19, 2014
Hi Slurry, Thanks for your comments. I'm willing to cut back if I have to but the plan is to use this to power recirculatory system for my fish ponds in future and also have enough to power my farm house. Maybe with 1 or 2 Ac's for a very hot days. The animal dung shouldn't be a problem because our pig farm should be in in production then.
Re: Generating Gas Through Biodigester. by slurry: 7:49pm On Jul 19, 2014
targus: Hi Slurry, Thanks for your comments. I'm willing to cut back if I have to but the plan is to use this to power recirculatory system for my fish ponds in future and also have enough to power my farm house. Maybe with 1 or 2 Ac's for a very hot days. The animal dung shouldn't be a problem because our pig farm should be in in production then.
Lets do some arithmetic:
A/C of 1200 watts of 2 units = 2400wats/hour
Fish pond pump of 300watts of 1 unit = 300watts/hour
Other appliances and cooking = 2300 watts/hour

Total watts = 5000watts / 5kva

So targus we just divide your initial 25kva by 5 to get 5kva meaning my earlier post estimates will also be divided by 5.
Hope its clear.
Re: Generating Gas Through Biodigester. by targus: 8:14pm On Jul 19, 2014
@ slurry. Can you send a number I can contact you on to my mailbox so we can have a chat.
Re: Generating Gas Through Biodigester. by FarmTech(m): 10:44pm On Jul 19, 2014
slurry: @ farmtech
There is lots of money & job opportunities to be made from farm wastes and other kinds of west and I think it's not too late for Nigeria to harvest from this profitable goldmine.
There's real money in waste. Combining livestock and crop on the same land is the best. Add biogas to that and u'll get a very cost effective system.
Re: Generating Gas Through Biodigester. by kengeorge: 6:53am On Jul 20, 2014
@slurry

Please what would be the size of a biodigester that can accommodate the manure of 12,000 layers every day? and wht would be the rough estimate for construction?.
Re: Generating Gas Through Biodigester. by FarmTech(m): 12:28am On Jul 21, 2014
kengeorge: @slurry

Please what would be the size of a biodigester that can accommodate the manure of 12,000 layers every day? and wht would be the rough estimate for construction?.
Only poultry manure is not that good bc of its low carbon content. U'll have to combine it with a source of carbon like cow dung, rice hull, i've forgotten others.
Re: Generating Gas Through Biodigester. by jamp: 7:30am On Jul 22, 2014
FarmTech:
Only poultry manure is not that good bc of its low carbon content. U'll have to combine it with a source of carbon like cow dung, rice hull, i've forgotten others.

He can use poultry manure considering the capacity of his farm.

i will be constructing one very soon (mini biodigester) and i hope some people will join me when i start.
Re: Generating Gas Through Biodigester. by FarmTech(m): 12:30am On Jul 23, 2014
jamp:

He can use poultry manure considering the capacity of his farm.

i will be constructing one very soon (mini biodigester) and i hope some people will join me when i start.
Yes he can use poultry manure but he CANNOT use only poultry manure. If he does it will not work. He must combine it with a source of carbon for it to work. Read this and understand better:

http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Does-someone-know-advantages-disadvantage-72734.S.49517746
Re: Generating Gas Through Biodigester. by AreaFada2: 5:47pm On Jan 03, 2015
ok,

Anymore news on biodigester?
Re: Generating Gas Through Biodigester. by jasper7(m): 6:49pm On Jan 03, 2015
pls, am very interested in this topic. @slurry you seem to be a pro in this. please what are your credentials. I will need this biodigester ish
Re: Generating Gas Through Biodigester. by AreaFada2: 9:11pm On Jan 03, 2015
@ Slurry, estimated cost for a small biodigester able to produce 5kw, 7.5kw & 10kw would be nice to have.
Re: Generating Gas Through Biodigester. by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jan 03, 2015
songhai farm port novo also trains on biogas andother renewable energy source.
Re: Generating Gas Through Biodigester. by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jan 03, 2015
@farmtech, i doff my hat for you oooo. you sabi book. I will try and see you someday.
Re: Generating Gas Through Biodigester. by Pavore9: 10:25am On Jan 04, 2015
Poultry waste alone can not generate the needed biogas, Cow dung is very effective with a mix of water hyacinth
Re: Generating Gas Through Biodigester. by FarmTech(m): 2:36pm On Jan 04, 2015
mercylicious:
@farmtech, i doff my hat for you oooo. you sabi book. I will try and see you someday.
You're welcome.
Re: Generating Gas Through Biodigester. by FarmTech(m): 2:44pm On Jan 04, 2015
@op, how is it going?
Re: Generating Gas Through Biodigester. by Pavore9: 3:03pm On Jan 04, 2015
FarmTech:

You're welcome.
Happy new year my brother.
Re: Generating Gas Through Biodigester. by FarmTech(m): 3:50am On Jan 09, 2015
Pavore9:
Happy new year my brother.
Same to you. How is Kenya?
Re: Generating Gas Through Biodigester. by Pavore9: 4:04am On Jan 09, 2015
FarmTech:

Same to you. How is Kenya?
Kenya is fine o and am just waking up (we are 2 hrs ahead of Nigeria).
Re: Generating Gas Through Biodigester. by anienge001: 5:31am On Jan 09, 2015
This is a very interesting topic. If properly harnessed many farm processes can be powered by animal and plant waste. I am interested in testing this in a small scale.

There are many youtube videos, but I just post the one below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAkIKxA3Jm0

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Abia Nurtures 2million Palm Seedlings (Photos) / Aroms Farms Nig Limited Back To Full Operation Pictures / Starting My Ugu Farming With My Friend And Mentor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.