Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,469 members, 7,808,687 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:23 PM

Generating Gas Through Biodigester. - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Generating Gas Through Biodigester. (15909 Views)

Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. / Let's Design Your Corporate income generating website,Call us !! / Generating Amazing Wealth With Watermelon Cultivation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Generating Gas Through Biodigester. by FarmTech(m): 11:43pm On Jun 07, 2015
X2X:
But how is it that biogas, which is mostly methane, can be used to power generators? Isn't it the case that generators require PMS (petrol) or AGO (diesel) which are both liquids? Or is there something I am missing? Is there a special step so that the generators can run on biogas?

Thanks

The one I know of is to use it to run diesel generators. You link it to the air filter.
Re: Generating Gas Through Biodigester. by naijareferee: 8:17am On Jun 08, 2015
FarmTech:

I've not done any past wk on it, just google. You'll get a lot of info there..

pls be on hand....in case i need assistance

1 Like

Re: Generating Gas Through Biodigester. by mfm04622: 10:01am On Jun 08, 2015
X2X:
But how is it that biogas, which is mostly methane, can be used to power generators? Isn't it the case that generators require PMS (petrol) or AGO (diesel) which are both liquids? Or is there something I am missing? Is there a special step so that the generators can run on biogas?

Thanks

All you need to do to use gas instead of diesel or petrol is change the carburettor or where the fuel is burned. The important steps you need is to clean the biogas (remove impurities especially hydrogen sulphide that attack metals), dry it (remove moisture) and compress it.
Re: Generating Gas Through Biodigester. by X2X(m): 9:14pm On Jun 11, 2015
FarmTech:

The one I know of is to use it to run diesel generators. You link it to the air filter.

mfm04622:

All you need to do to use gas instead of diesel or petrol is change the carburettor or where the fuel is burned. The important steps you need is to clean the biogas (remove impurities especially hydrogen sulphide that attack metals), dry it (remove moisture) and compress it.

Thanks to you both.
Re: Generating Gas Through Biodigester. by djdoxxx(m): 4:51pm On Jun 24, 2015
Pavore9:
Last night l watched a Kenyan diary farmer who is generating 300kg of biogas daily from the digester in his farm, the funny thing is that the guy is retailing the biogas using tyre tubes, selling a kg of biogas for N300! Nna men, see business o!
@Pavore9, Nice Thread Up Here...A Friend Of Mine Carried Out A Project In Biogas Production In Our Final Year In School,and I Since Then Noticed The Importance Of It In Africa,i Am Surprised Why It Is Under-utilized And Well Known Across Africa Considering The Level Of Education,Professors And Educated Ministers Of Agriculture Who Have Failed To Use This Means To Solve Electricity And Fuel Scarcity Problem And Other Problems At Large. I Want To Start Reselling Biogas In Kg As Cooking Gas,is This Possible? If It Is,what Are The Requirements?Do I Need To Join An Association,register My Business With CAC? After Building A Small Scale Digester,is It Only By Cow Dungs I Would Be Able To Generate Biogas Enough For Constant Resale?
Re: Generating Gas Through Biodigester. by Pavore9: 7:54pm On Jun 24, 2015
djdoxxx:
@Pavore9, Nice Thread Up Here...A Friend Of Mine Carried Out A Project In Biogas Production In Our Final Year In School,and I Since Then Noticed The Importance Of It In Africa,i Am Surprised Why It Is Under-utilized And Well Known Across Africa Considering The Level Of Education,Professors And Educated Ministers Of Agriculture Who Have Failed To Use This Means To Solve Electricity And Fuel Scarcity Problem And Other Problems At Large. I Want To Start Reselling Biogas In Kg As Cooking Gas,is This Possible? If It Is,what Are The Requirements?Do I Need To Join An Association,register My Business With CAC? After Building A Small Scale Digester,is It Only By Cow Dungs I Would Be Able To Generate Biogas Enough For Constant Resale?

lt is more viable if u were to supply the compressed gas to Estates that has provision for centralized gas supply to homes which is being metered or institutions into commercial cooking. The feedstock is not limited to cow dungs, it would surprised you to know that poultry waste generate more gas than cow dungs. The vegetable wastes which are always heaps in our markets are also good feedstocks and should be around the coastal areas the water hyacinth which is a menace to fishermen is a very good feedstock as one just have to get them off the water, chop them to smaller pieces and feed the digester.

This truckload of the compressed gas which was generated from the digester can serve 12 families on a weekly basis.

Re: Generating Gas Through Biodigester. by djdoxxx(m): 8:23pm On Jun 24, 2015
Pavore9:

lt is more viable if u were to supply the compressed gas to Estates that has provision for centralized gas supply to homes which is being metered or institutions into commercial cooking. The feedstock is not limited to cow dungs, it would surprised you to know that poultry waste generate more gas than cow dungs. The vegetable wastes which are always heaps in our markets are also good feedstocks and should be around the coastal areas the water hyacinth which is a menace to fishermen is a very good feedstock as one just have to get them off the water, chop them to smaller pieces and feed the digester.

This truckload of the compressed gas which was generated from the digester can serve 12 families on a weekly basis.
Thanks for the info...I have been carrying out so many researches on biogas production and I have come to many answers....some questions are still unanswered though. ...making money with this venture is in 4 major ways.....1) consultancy ...2) digester manufacturing and supplies.... 3) selling of biogas.... 4) selling of spare parts of biogas systems.......now, Pavore9, how do I utilise the 3rd option in a small scale.....a step by step guide would help....I guess u have a problem with how to feed the digester constantly to produce 300kg of biogas daily. thanks
Re: Generating Gas Through Biodigester. by FarmTech(m): 3:22am On Jun 25, 2015
djdoxxx:
You may want to critically consider the cost of compression. Below are some helpful articles on biogas:
[url="http://www.farmersjoint.com/Thread-Compressing-Biogas"]Compressing Biogas?[/url]
[url="http://www.farmersjoint.com/blog/livestock-farming/biogas-production-avoid-failure-by-using-the-correct-carbon-nitrogen-ratio/"]Biogas Production: Avoid Failure by Using the Correct Carbon-Nitrogen Ratio[/url]
[url="http://www.farmersjoint.com/Thread-Some-facts-About-Biogas"]Some facts About Biogas[/url]
[url="http://www.farmersjoint.com/Thread-Comparing-Fuel-Value-of-Biogas-with-Firewood-Diesel-Petrol-Kerosene-Cow-Dung-LPG"]Comparing Fuel Value of Biogas with Firewood, Diesel, Petrol, Kerosene, Cow Dung, LPG
[/url]
[url="http://www.farmersjoint.com/Thread-Biogas-from-Chicken-Manure"]Biogas from Chicken Manure[/url]
[url="http://www.farmersjoint.com/blog/renewable-energy/biogas-technology-types-anaerobic-digesters/"]Biogas Technology: Types of Anaerobic Digesters[/url]
[url="http://www.farmersjoint.com/Thread-Maximum-Biogas-Yield-From-What"]Maximum Biogas Yield From What?[/url]
[url="http://www.farmersjoint.com/Thread-Volume-of-Biogas-Needed-for-Cooking-Electricity-and-Lighting"]Volume of Biogas Needed for Cooking, Electricity and Lighting[/url]

1 Like

Re: Generating Gas Through Biodigester. by Pavore9: 10:35am On Jun 25, 2015
djdoxxx:
Thanks for the info...I have been carrying out so many researches on biogas production and I have come to many answers....some questions are still unanswered though. ...making money with this venture is in 4 major ways.....1) consultancy ...2) digester manufacturing and supplies.... 3) selling of biogas.... 4) selling of spare parts of biogas systems.......now, Pavore9, how do I utilise the 3rd option in a small scale.....a step by step guide would help....I guess u have a problem with how to feed the digester constantly to produce 300kg of biogas daily. thanks

There are lots of waste around, the waste generated at the Mile 12 market in Lagos alone can produce thousands daily.
Re: Generating Gas Through Biodigester. by Pavore9: 10:35am On Jun 25, 2015
djdoxxx:

Filling a biogas powered tricycle.
Cooking with the biogas,

Re: Generating Gas Through Biodigester. by djdoxxx(m): 11:09am On Jun 25, 2015
FarmTech:

You may want to critically consider the cost of compression. Below are some helpful articles on biogas:
[url="http://www.farmersjoint.com/Thread-Compressing-Biogas"]Compressing Biogas?[/url]
[url="http://www.farmersjoint.com/blog/livestock-farming/biogas-production-avoid-failure-by-using-the-correct-carbon-nitrogen-ratio/"]Biogas Production: Avoid Failure by Using the Correct Carbon-Nitrogen Ratio[/url]
[url="http://www.farmersjoint.com/Thread-Some-facts-About-Biogas"]Some facts About Biogas[/url]
[url="http://www.farmersjoint.com/Thread-Comparing-Fuel-Value-of-Biogas-with-Firewood-Diesel-Petrol-Kerosene-Cow-Dung-LPG"]Comparing Fuel Value of Biogas with Firewood, Diesel, Petrol, Kerosene, Cow Dung, LPG
[/url]
[url="http://www.farmersjoint.com/Thread-Biogas-from-Chicken-Manure"]Biogas from Chicken Manure[/url]
[url="http://www.farmersjoint.com/blog/renewable-energy/biogas-technology-types-anaerobic-digesters/"]Biogas Technology: Types of Anaerobic Digesters[/url]
[url="http://www.farmersjoint.com/Thread-Maximum-Biogas-Yield-From-What"]Maximum Biogas Yield From What?[/url]
[url="http://www.farmersjoint.com/Thread-Volume-of-Biogas-Needed-for-Cooking-Electricity-and-Lighting"]Volume of Biogas Needepppd for Cooking, Electricity and Lighting[/url]
Thanks man....I really appreciate. would I need to register with CAC to sell biogas?
Re: Generating Gas Through Biodigester. by djdoxxx(m): 11:13am On Jun 25, 2015
Pavore9:

Filling a biogas powered tricycle.
Cooking with the biogas,

Thanks man....There are no biogas powered tricycle in naija though. ..using for cooking us the way to go.....can #150,000 construct a small scale commercial biogas system?
Re: Generating Gas Through Biodigester. by Nobody: 11:13am On Jun 25, 2015
There is one guy that sells biogas in investment section.
He used iron fillets to dry the gas. You can hook up with him
Re: Generating Gas Through Biodigester. by FarmTech(m): 8:12pm On Jun 25, 2015
mercylicious:
There is one guy that sells biogas in investment section.
He used iron fillets to dry the gas. You can hook up with him
What is the guy doing in investment section and skipping agric section? What's his name?
@Pavore, I see that Kenyans are going far, I'll pursue them.
@Djd..: I'm not sure about the answer, but I think that for a start, you don't need it.
Re: Generating Gas Through Biodigester. by Pavore9: 10:05pm On Jun 25, 2015
FarmTech:

What is the guy doing in investment section and skipping agric section? What's his name?
@Pavore, I see that Kenyans are going far, I'll pursue them.
@Djd..: I'm not sure about the answer, but I think that for a start, you don't need it.

Pursue them well o! cheesy The brains behind the project are least interested in the gas generated but more interested in the slurry. In their yard, they even leave the gas to waste.
Re: Generating Gas Through Biodigester. by Juliana7: 2:07am On Jun 26, 2015
Awesome thread
Re: Generating Gas Through Biodigester. by Newway2(m): 6:16am On Dec 24, 2015
Compliment my Pple,
I blv this thread on Nairaland abt Biodigester construction & Biogas production will be of great benefit for everybody. Enjoy it.

https://www.nairaland.com/2784884/make-ngn1999-daily-tru-biogas

Merry Xmas
Re: Generating Gas Through Biodigester. by adexsimply(m): 8:52am On Dec 24, 2015
Biogas cool

Following
Re: Generating Gas Through Biodigester. by sulex11(m): 9:32am On Dec 24, 2015
@slurry,kindly send me ur email/phone to : assulex@gmail.com. We need to talk seriously....business wise.
Re: Generating Gas Through Biodigester. by row2ray(m): 1:51pm On Dec 25, 2015
My question is can a regular gas cooker work with big as or not. If it can what's the easiest way to compress biogas.. and in a metal cylinder is there the possibility of explosion when left in the sun
Re: Generating Gas Through Biodigester. by kennysympathy(m): 3:27am On Apr 21, 2017
Good things don't last.

And I want to ask us.

What happened to this beautiful innovative trend?
Re: Generating Gas Through Biodigester. by obnelly: 10:23am On May 03, 2017
row2ray:
My question is can a regular gas cooker work with big as or not. If it can what's the easiest way to compress biogas.. and in a metal cylinder is there the possibility of explosion when left in the sun

Yes this is possible you just need to do some modifications .I have constructed, installed and generated heat and powered from biogas.Its really an interesting topic.If you are interested I can be of help.

Re: Generating Gas Through Biodigester. by obnelly: 10:30am On May 03, 2017
On going construction work.You may choose to construct below or above the ground level depending on the space available.

Re: Generating Gas Through Biodigester. by obnelly: 10:49am On May 03, 2017
Its possible to generate biogas from chicken manure 100% poultry waste without adding any other substrates this I have done before and it was a success.if you have the waste and other resources I have active bacteria that can help you to produce biogas in few days.

1 Like

Re: Generating Gas Through Biodigester. by obnelly: 11:03am On May 03, 2017
To sell biogas in bottles is good and very cheap but the cost is a bit capital intensive.you have to process the gas to 94/96% impurities free otherwise the hydrogen sulphide and water vapour content will do more harm than good when expose to air.
Biogas is good when you have everything onsite.
I will be working on chemical process method of removing impurities from biogas such as hydrogen sulphide, carbondioxide and water vapour .
If this is achievable we will have 90/92% clean biogas that will run engines smoothly to produce electricity.
Targus and others thanks for bringing this topic to nairaland ..
Re: Generating Gas Through Biodigester. by aquila3: 7:48pm On May 03, 2017
obnelly:
Its possible to generate biogas from chicken manure 100% poultry waste without adding any other substrates this I have done before and it was a success.if you have the waste and other resources I have active bacteria that can help you to produce biogas in few days.

pls i need ur contact number.thanks
Re: Generating Gas Through Biodigester. by obnelly: 12:56pm On May 06, 2017
aquila3:
pls i need ur contact number.thanks

Mr.Aquila3, you can reach me on :
+2348028482859 or send e- mail to: obnelly2009@gmail.com
If you are interested and less busy we can arrange a mini workshop on how it works and a visit to my mini pilot plant in Sagamu ,Ogun State.will be an added advantage .There people can learn and see for themselves.

1 Like

Re: Generating Gas Through Biodigester. by shakyriri: 4:58pm On May 07, 2017
obnelly:

Mr.Aquila3, you can reach me on :
+2348028482859 or send e- mail to: obnelly2009@gmail.com
If you are interested and less busy we can arrange a mini workshop on how it works and a visit to my mini pilot plant in Sagamu ,Ogun State.will be an added advantage .There people can learn and see for themselves.

That would be nice. My farm is around kobape abeokuta sagamu road. I desperately need the bio gas. Already importing the tarpaulins and pump n cleanser from china now
Re: Generating Gas Through Biodigester. by monchazfarms: 6:28am On May 08, 2017
I design biodigester for farmers.You can contact me on:08036775261.

Re: Generating Gas Through Biodigester. by shakyriri: 10:19am On May 08, 2017
monchazfarms:
I design biodigester for farmers.You can contact me on:08036775261.
How much for the unit in picture and how much cubic meters of gas can it generate daily pls
Re: Generating Gas Through Biodigester. by bigprince2010(m): 2:56pm On May 09, 2017
shakyriri:

How much for the unit in picture and how much cubic meters of gas can it generate daily pls
Re: Generating Gas Through Biodigester. by obnelly: 4:29pm On May 10, 2017
shakyriri:

That would be nice. My farm is around kobape abeokuta sagamu road. I desperately need the bio gas. Already importing the tarpaulins and pump n cleanser from china now

That will be great.I hope its a red mud type you are bringing.
I will be available to give you helping hands when you are ready.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Abia Nurtures 2million Palm Seedlings (Photos) / Aroms Farms Nig Limited Back To Full Operation Pictures / Practical Heliculture- Snail Farming Business Secrets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.