Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,479 members, 7,808,748 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:14 PM

Honeymoon In Prison-reborn - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Honeymoon In Prison-reborn (25637 Views)

AUGUST BREAK; Dairy Of A Married Bachelor- Day4- Honeymoon Or Honeygloom / Honeymoon In Prison / Honeymoon In Prison( Part Two) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Honeymoon In Prison-reborn by Adunskill(m): 11:20am On Jul 14, 2014
Nice Job bro.
Re: Honeymoon In Prison-reborn by Nobody: 11:46am On Jul 14, 2014
Adunskill: Nice Job bro.
THANX SIR
Re: Honeymoon In Prison-reborn by Nobody: 11:57am On Jul 14, 2014
[b]

Mr. Tunji came about a suggestion which he shared with Momoh:

"Momoh, it's time to get rid of Yemi, back inside the prison," he said.

"And how do we do that sir?"

"Simple! Let's poison him," he said without a minuscule sense of pity for the innocent.

"Through what means sir?" he asked.

"Bread!" Mr. Tunji suggested. "Let's poison the bread he would be fed with.

"Hmm," Momoh sighed. "It was a very pleasant idea.

"So, whom do we send?" Momoh asked.

"I think his wife would be better," said Tunji. "We mustn't send Yomi to him again, else he would be asking for the little notes he gave him."

"Good idea sir!" Momoh was happy.

"So, get the poison now!" Mr. Tunji commanded.

Momoh got to Mr. Yemi's residence. Yomi was there, Bimbo laying her head on his laps. The other Yemi was cooking in the kitchen.

"Where is she?" Momoh asked confidently.

Bimbo raised her head and hissed. If only she had a gun, perhaps she would be blowing up Momoh's head now.

Yomi was the devil inside the home, yet no one could suspect him a bit. It all began with him the last morning Momoh drove Yemi in his taxi to his home, the morning of the day Yemi was eventually kidnapped:

"Mr. Michael, won't you come in with me to know my family and have hot coffee with us? It's cold out there as you can see."

"Don't bother Mr. Yemi," Michael spoke politely. "I'll take my leave now. Bye sir."

Michael turned the ignition key and the taxi revved to life.

Yemi remained on the spot, wondering...

Michael didn't drive far before coming close to Yemi's residence again. He was observing the place. Just then, a man began to trek towards the gate.

Momoh hissed at the man to call his attention. It was Yomi.
Momoh enticed Yomi with a sum of five hundred thousand naira if only the man would cooperate with him and tell him everything he knew about Yemi. Yomi fell for the temptation and told him all.

"Now Mr. Yomi, as from now we are one," Momoh told him inside his car. "Have this!"

Yomi counted the money given to him. It was a sum of one hundred thousand naira.

"Let me show you a man," said Momoh. "He could even give you more money apart from your balance of four hundred thousand naira," Momoh said.

Yomi was delighted. He went with Momoh to see Mr. Tunji. It was then they declared his plan to him.

"This evening we are kidnapping Yemi your brother," Mr. Tunji said. "He will help us rescue a criminal, Deinde."

"Deinde!" Yomi screamed when he heard the name. "Ah!"

Deinde had been the topic of discussion between Yomi and Yemi for weeks now, and it was the same man Yemi would have to now save from prison.

"Em...eh," Yomi laughed nervously. "I...eh..."

"You are nervous Yomi, aren't you?" Tunji said. "You could be having a million naira from me for this little thing you will be doing for me."

Yomi's brain began to do some mathematics. He needed money so much now. He knew what a million naira could do to his personality.

Yomi cooperated with them. He had two hundred thousand naira more instantly.

"Please sirs, i hope no evil will happen to my brother."

"Nothing at all," they assured him.

Yomi was asked to visit the residence of Yemi in the evening, pretending as if he was asking after Yemi, so that no one would suspect that he was having a hand in it all. Such was exactly what he did that evening.

Days after, Yemi's wife came to visit her husband. She came with a loaf of bread but was not allowed to see Yemi, instead, she was bundled to a corner.

Yemi wasn't aware that she came at all. If he knew, he would have begun to scream from the cell.

Yemi's wife was pinned to the ground and her mouth was gagged when she was struggling for freedom.

"Who gave you this bread?" they asked her. It was as if they were acting on Yemi's confession that Momoh and his people did send bread containing notes in them.

They had to remove the gag in her mouth so that she could respond. She was shaking, fearing the threat she heard from Momoh while coming.

Back at home as usual, Momoh was firmly pressing the gun to Bimbo's temple. Her mother remembered how Momoh had put it:

[i]"Any silly confession to the police, her brain gets blown up! Poof!"

She was speechless.

"I say who gave you this bread?" the police barked at her. She burst into tears.

"Jegede!" the man called.

"Yes sir!" he saluted.

"Tie her up!" he commanded. "Now get your weapons, three of you; get ready let's go!"

It was certain where they were going. They would go to Yemi's residence to see if there was any soul there according to Yemi's confession that each time his wife or brother was paying him a visit, they did put gun on his daughter's face.

Two policemen went to a corner and flipped through the bread, looking for the buttered region. They wanted to see if actually Yemi was saying the truth about the notes.

When they had flipped through them painstakingly without coming across any note beneath the butter, they gave up.

"Nonsense!" one of them said.

"Ol boy, na lie this Yemi give oga chop o!" said the other officer.

"Oya nah, mey we do justice to this bread nah!" said the first officer, wanting to tear the bread apart and feed on it.

"Kai!" the other officer screamed. "You go chop just lose your job!"

"How?" the officer asked. "How many prisoner food like that like that wey we don chop?"

"I pity you o," said the other officer. "The chief warden say make we keep the bread for ram. You nor know?"

"Ah! I know hear that one o. When e tok that one nah?"

"For our last minute with am," said the other officer. "How you go hear when be say na chop chop dey inside your eyes? One day one day, you go just chop poison die."

The two officers packaged the loaf of bread as it was earlier and then got ready to give the chief warden to do whatever he wished with it.[/b]
Re: Honeymoon In Prison-reborn by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jul 14, 2014
[b]The Chief Prison Warden paid Yemi a visit the next day. The man's face was coarse as if he was coming to terminate Yemi's life. He didn't even open the prison gate before yelling at Yemi.

"So, you deceived us!" he barked.

"How?" Yemi shook in trepidation.

"Didn't you say that they sent a loaf of bread through your wife?"

"Y-yes, is she here?" Yemi asked.

"All is a lie Yemi!" The chief warden screamed. "A big lie for that matter!"

"How? I mean was she here?"

"Yesterday! She was here yesterday!" the man spoke furiously.

"And..." Yemi pursed. He had begun to speculate that something unpalatable had happened. The DPO was irate. He must be greatly displeased by something. The silent moment the chief warden exhibited was a 'time in hell' for Yemi whose stare was blank.

"You deceived us!" the CPW bent his head and spoke into Yemi's nose.

"How sir? I mean how?" Yemi's voice was becoming hoax.

"You think you can get away with this?" the warden slammed the gate hard. "You're getting close to your grave each time you try anything silly."

"But..."

"Keep shut!" the angered man put a hand into the bars of iron and slapped Yemi on the face. "After my men are through with torturing you, then you'll face the AIG. He has taken your case upon his head. Yemi, you--are--in--soup," the man pronounced slowly. The weight of his threat sank down into Yemi's heart. Soon the gate was unlocked and Yemi was taken out to be tortured.

The chief warden was much angered by the lies he thought Yemi had told. Earlier, when Yemi's wife paid a visit to the prison with the poisoned bread, the police visited his home in mufty to catch Yemi's purported kidnappers by surprise, but contrary to his confession, they found no one there except Bimbo who was fast asleep.

It was Momoh's plan to see if Yemi had confessed anything about the notes he found to the chief warden. Momoh knew they would come and check Yemi's house if they had heard it, and so they did, but found no one.

Momoh left Bimbo just immediately after Yemi's wife had left the house. However, he warned her not to tell the truth to the police if they come around, else she would lose her parents. Bimbo had to comply when they arrived. She told them pointblank that nobody pointed a gun at her.

Yemi was taken away to be tortured the more. A hot iron was pressed firmly to his chest. He wailed and gasped for life. It was as if he would die.

"Now, tell me, Yemi, what is your role in this plot?" the chief warden asked again, perhaps he would say something. However, it was as if the police were stereotypic in what they desired--just one thing they wanted to hear--that he was sent by Mr Aluko Peter to deliver Deinde so that the matter would have no head.

"I say what is your role in this plot?" the man yelled at Yemi the second time. Lack of response meant a hot iron on Yemi's back and chest.

"Did Mr. Aluko Peter send you to do this?" A 'no' would call for a slap on the ex-warder's face.

"Who are you then working for?" An 'I don't know them' would mean a prick with pointed objects.

"Who is Deinde to you?" An 'I don't know him' would call for a bang on his head.

"How did you get the gun you gave him?" the chief warden asked.

"It was given to me by the gang leader, Momoh," Yemi said, but the only thing he has invoked upon his face was a back-of-hand ringing sound.

"How much were you paid for the job?" they asked. That would earn Yemi a big bang on his knee by a bludgeon if his answer would be 'I was forced' and still a kick on his stomach would be inevitable if his response was no response at all. Whenever he had fainted, his face would be lowered into a basin filled with dirty water to force him out of his inaction.

"You'll get to see the AIG tomorrow," the chief warden threatened at last.

"Sir...Yemi was beckoning on him when he was leaving him. If only Yemi's heavy breath could be weighed on a scale, maybe it would have indicated that it was heavier than a bag of rice.

The chief warden turned slowly to face him with a face beaming with expectation.

"Are you ready to confess now?" the man pushed it to him.

"I...er..." blood was dripping down into his teeth.

"Don't waste my time Mr. man!" the warden screamed at him. "I have a lot to do!"

"Sir...you...you said that m-my wife was h-here yesterday," Yemi stuttered. His voice was barely audible enough to the hearing.

"Yes, she was here!" the warden vociferated.

"But...I didn't s-see her," Yemi said amidst a rough cough.

"Maybe you won't even see her anymore."

Yemi feared that his wife had been killed. How could that man say something like that if she hadn't been killed already? Is he God? Or maybe there's not even God," Yemi vacillated in his thought. His brain couldn't function well anymore.

"Is she dead?" Yemi asked at last. Inimically, the chief warden laughed and then replied, "You are the person to be dead soon, Yemi, so you won't get to see each other, at least here on earth. A happy reunion for you both in hell later, I guess. Be prepared for death by hanging, Yemi, and that very soon."

The Chief Warden turned around to leave again. Yemi had mustered enough effrontery since he had nothing to lose. It couldn't be worse, whatever would come as the aftermath of what he would now do, so he screamed, "But what have I done wrong, oga? Why don't you have any sense of pity?"

The chief warden turned in anger and began to hasten up towards the cell as though he would rip it out to strangle Yemi immediately. As envisaged by Yemi, the man got into the cell and jerked him up by the throat, yelling an ear-splitting noise into his ears as if he would deafen him:

"You think you're wise?" His face was red. "You lied that some men are after your family; you lied that she came here with a buttered bread containing notes; you said the criminals have your daughter under house arrest whenever your wife is here! All were lies for God's sake!" the chief warden confessed at last.

"How?" Yemi managed to ask, being free from the throat lock already.

"She was here yesterday, we collected the bread from her, exactly the type of Agege bread you spoke of, but then nothing was inside. Not even a drop of ink let alone a note."

"What?!" Yemi's face widened.

"My men also went armed to your residence to arrest the men you purported were after you; I advised them not to go there in their police uniform and they did, only to come back here to say that there wasn't any persons as you have confessed. Even your daughter they met alone in the home was fast asleep. They woke her up to ask if anybody had threatened her with gun and she said no. So tell me where all these stories are coming from!"

Yemi was mute. His eyes did the whole talking for him, pouring out the fluid his lachrymal gland had generated.

"I...I don't understand," Yemi whispered blankly.

"You will understand when you meet the Assistant Inspector General of police tomorrow!" the chief warden cried and left him alone.

Yemi was sore afraid.

"Why should they bypass the commissioner of police and go the AIG?" his heart fainted. He had heard how the AIG in question had handled many cases. He was a very hard man, Yemi thought. Even his stature could scare a lion.

Earlier, Yemi was one of those who praised the AIG anytime a big criminal was paraded on the media to have committed a terrible crime:

"Keep catching them sir! Kudos! Weldone sir! Kirikiri and Alagbon is wide enough, let them come in!" Yemi would sing the praise of the man. But now, he would be the one to be paraded everywhere, yet not guilty.

How many people out there are innocent as myself too, but I have condemned? Yemi thought. If he could come out of this, he would surely start sensitizing people to treat prisoners with care because they might just have been victims of circumstances.

Yemi doubted that Bimbo said what the chief warden said she said. His suspicion got stronger.

"The chief warden must know some things in this matter. Yomi surely delivered the notes to him, but he's denying that fact now," Yemi whispered to himself.

Yemi had his face on the hard rough floor and wet it with tears.

[/b]
Re: Honeymoon In Prison-reborn by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jul 14, 2014
[b]Mr. Tunji was pleased as he spoke with Momoh. Gogo was smoking at a corner. He couldn't do without it.

"Do you mean the warder almost leaked our secrets?" Tunji asked.

"Not almost sir. He leaked it. We saw some policemen in mufty entering Yemi's home when we sent his wife to him in prison."

"But how do you know they were policemen?" Tunji asked.

"Gbagi told us so," said Momoh. "You should know Gbagi, that bad boy who escaped from prison five years back. He was with us as we watched them from a distance. He knew them all by name."

"Gbagi, that thug in Mushin or which one?"

"Exactly sir!" Momoh said. "He's now one of us."

"Good!" Mr. Tunji was glad. "I want to meet him personally.

An afterthought struck Mr. Tunji's mind.

"So, Momoh, what is the latest news about Yemi? Is he dead now?"

"Oh! You mean the poisoned bread sir."

"Yes, or what else? Abi you didn't poison the butter?"

"I did that sir," Momoh said. "Maybe we would have to wait till evening for the news sir. I believe Yemi should be dead by now."

"But what if the police didn't give him the bread?" Tunji said. "You know why I said that? For the police to be in Yemi's house, then it means Yemi has told them about the notes we sent to him through bread, so they would prevent any bread from reaching him, or what do you thing?"

"It is the truth, somehow," Tunji agreed. "Anyway, I will go to Yemi's place early tomorrow morning to ask his wife about the bread.

Mr. Tunji asked for the notes Yomi gave Momoh and he produced them.

"That Yomi is a very loyal fellow," Mr Tunji said. "So, he brought those notes to us."

"Yes sir," Momoh said.

"Why can't we even call him up to ask if Yemi's wife got the bread to Yemi eventually instead of going there?" Mr Tunji suggested.

"Good idea sir."

Momoh began to dial Yomi's number.

The other Yemi was sitting before the table when a call came in. Yomi had left his phone on the table to do some cleaning in the garden.

"Momoh," Yemi's wife whispered when she saw the name calling. The name rang a bell. Seemed she had heard it from someone before.

Actually, Yemi had told his wife about Momoh who kidnapped him and sent him on the bad errand, but now she couldn't remember where she heard the name from.

She hasted with the phone and gave it to Yomi outside the house. Just then, the call went dead.

When Yomi saw that it was Momoh, his face developed into a grotesque. She looked into Bimbo's mother's face and discovered she was suspicious.

Yomi smiled and said, "Oh! That was a very old time friend!"

The call came in again, but this time, Yomi cut it off.

Bimbo's mother walked back slowly into the parlour, suspecting something fishy. She had a deep thinking and then said, "Momoh? Is that not the name Yemi told me about? That wicked Taxi driver who sent him on a mission to rescue Deinde!"

She wasn't very sure, therefore she began to think of how she would ask her husband about it.

How I wish these people would send me to Yemi again, she thought, but when she looked at Bimbo lying asleep on the cushion, she thought otherwise. "No, I can't bear the thought of Bimbo having a gun on his head anymore," she whispered to herself.

Yemi's wife knew what she would do. She would go to the prison secretly the day after to do that. She had to be very careful because eyes were watching her. They would kill her if she went there on her own.

Yomi cleared up the sweat on his face, having stayed too long under the sun. It was around 4pm. Now he was scared that Yemi's wife was getting to the truth of the matter, so he decided to pay Momoh a visit.

"Em...mama Bimbo," she called.

"Yes sir," said Bimbo's mother, rushing to him.

"I want to go out now," Yomi said.

"In this hot sun?" she was surprised.

'It's not too hot mama Bimbo. I won't be long."

"But won't you have your bath first?" she said, suspecting. "You are sweating!"

"No need," he said. "Let me just go quickly."

"Okay, if you insist."

Meanwhile Yomi and Yemi's wife were talking, Momoh was venting his anger on Yomi in absentia for cutting call on him.

"What's wrong with that Yomi? Imagine, he's cutting my calls!" Momoh was angry.

"Maybe you should get ready to go there immediately with some of your boys," Mr. Tunji was scared. "It's like Yomi is trying to betray us."

"It's true! I must go there now."

Momoh was getting ready to go with Gogo and three others when he received a phone call. It was Yomi.

"Oga Momoh sir," Yomi said. "I'm on my way to your place. I have something to discuss with you."

Yomi soon got to the place and told them exactly what had happened.

"How could you be so careless?" Mr. Tunji was angry. "I will shoot you dead right now!"

Mr Tunji pointed a gun at him immediately. Yomi began to beg for his life. His heart thumped fast.

"Please sir! Don't kill me sir!"

"You can't persuade me," Mr. Tunji said. 'We don't need careless people in this business. Imagine, you left your phone in the room just like that?"

"It's the devil's work sir. Please spare my life!" Yomi begged on his knees, sweating.

"What if it was a text message we sent to you she would have read it and discovered our secret, isn't it?"

"Sir, please I beg you, spare my life!" Yomi's cloth was soaked in sweat. Now the man's finger was moving close to the trigger. He fired a shot!

[/b]

ten comments are needed
Re: Honeymoon In Prison-reborn by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jul 14, 2014
am with you....well done

1 Like

Re: Honeymoon In Prison-reborn by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jul 14, 2014
orirebaby: am with you....well done

Happy to hear from you. How was your weekend?
Re: Honeymoon In Prison-reborn by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jul 14, 2014
SammyHoe:

Happy to hear from you. How was your weekend?

Am always with you following you bumper to bumper like twitter smileythe weekend was nt bad. hope yurs was okay too? Its only your ebiag av not joined but will join soon.
Re: Honeymoon In Prison-reborn by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jul 14, 2014
orirebaby:

Am always with you following you bumper to bumper like twitter smileythe weekend was nt bad. hope yurs was okay too? Its only your ebiag av not joined but will join soon.

Okay...thanks...so glad to hear that
Re: Honeymoon In Prison-reborn by oyestephen(m): 2:08pm On Jul 14, 2014
mr sammy well i'm back...more grease or engine oil to your elbow

1 Like

Re: Honeymoon In Prison-reborn by 3Dimension: 5:06pm On Jul 14, 2014
Fire they go.........
Re: Honeymoon In Prison-reborn by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jul 14, 2014
Updating.... loading... 59%
Re: Honeymoon In Prison-reborn by JigsawKillah(m): 9:31pm On Jul 14, 2014
So Close Now!!!!
God Bless You SammyHoe

1 Like

Re: Honeymoon In Prison-reborn by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jul 14, 2014
99%, loading
Re: Honeymoon In Prison-reborn by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jul 14, 2014
[b]Yomi began to rise. He was shocked that he wasn't dead.

"That's just a scare Mr. Yomi. If you try any nonsense with us again, be sure you're dead, okay!!" Tunji said.

Yomi nodded like a lizard. He was dumbfounded.

"Look at that, Mr. Yomi," said Momoh, showing him the incision the bullet had made on the wall.

Yomi turned his neck a little bit to look at the wall. The bullet had bore a hole through it. He was awed.

"Did you see the way the wall got damaged? That's how we shall damage your life if you try anything silly with us, okay?" Momoh shouted at him.

Yomi could not still speak. He was just shaking like a leaf. Tunji instructed him to leave immediately and he hasted out of the room.

"Now Yemi's wife would be suspecting him. Momoh, make sure you don't allow her go to the prison by herself okay?"

"Okay sir, I'll do exactly that," Momoh said.

"Put on the TV, let's watch the news," Mr. Tunji instructed Gogo who had just come close to the TV set.

Throughout the news, Mr Tunji wasn't having any rest. He was furious when he didn't hear Yemi's name mentioned throughtout.

"I need this Yemi's life terminated fast," Tunji tapped his skull. "Isn't there a way out?"

"Sir, Yemi is not the major treat at all," said Momoh. "Deinde is our target."

"De-in-de," Mr Tunji pronounced slowly. "That bastard?"

Deinde's name had become a terror to Tunji. Anytime they were discussing him, he would have nothing ringing in his brain other than a very great headache.

Tunji wondered why Deinde wasn't showing up, despite the fact that his younger sister was within their reach.

"That Deinde is too wise!" Tunji said. "He knew that we can't touch his sister now--if we do, then he could go and disclose us to the police and a thorough hunt would begin for us."

"Deinde is desperate, we must kill him first," Gogo barged in.

"Do you know his hideout?" said Tunji.

"Yes, Gbagi has found it," said Momoh.

"And you haven't killed him?" Mr. Tunji shouted at Momoh. "What are you doing?"

"Sir, I was about to tell you that, but it escaped my mind. Any way, Gbagi advised us that we should not rush at him. He wanted us to swallow him by surprise."

"Hey! Is Gbagi now your leader? Are you not the one, Momoh? If you know any Gbagi would be dictating for you, it's best you let him go his way! It's you I know, not any Gbagi!" Tunji was furious.

"But Oga, Gbagi is very experienced in this kind of thing. He's a hardened criminal, you know. He should be able to handle criminal like himself."

"Shut up!" Tunji raged. "Now go and get Deinde immediately. Kill him and come with enough evidence that you've done so! I don't need any Gbagi in this, okay?"

"Okay sir!" Momoh trembled. "I shall mobilize my boys to the place tonight."

"Do that exactly, okay!" Mr. Tunji shouted.

"Yes sir," Momoh said.

"And don't let Gbagi dictate for you!"

"Yes sir!"

"Go with many of your men. You know Deinde is wise. And...make sure you're all very careful."

Around 8pm, Momoh mobilized his men to the hotel. They checked in to a room under the lie that they were there to hold a cooperative society meeting.

Momoh took his time to lecture his men on how the plot should be carried out. They already knew Deinde's room number. All they needed to do was to get in there and kill him.

Meanwhile the lecture was going on with Momoh and his men, Deinde was restive in the hotel room. He staggered to the TV and switched it on. A video cassette was on the table, so he slotted it in.

Deinde watched the TV blankly for a while and got fed up with the movie in display.

"Boring!" he sighed and ejected it fast, throwing it at the floor in anger. Anyone who had seen Deinde do that would think he was going insane.

Deinde switched to a TV channel. Now a programme was going on there. Deinde didn't look at the station twice before tuning the station to another.

"Rubbish!" he yelled at the lifeless object when a musician came up in it.

"I want news!" Deinde soliloquised in anger. "Give me news!"[/b]
Re: Honeymoon In Prison-reborn by DONMAYOR19(m): 10:43pm On Jul 14, 2014
Very very close....excitation grin

1 Like

Re: Honeymoon In Prison-reborn by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jul 14, 2014
DONMAYOR19: Very very close....excitation grin

Abi nah!!!
I'm eager to resume d story...
Re: Honeymoon In Prison-reborn by amsad19(m): 11:40pm On Jul 14, 2014
wow interesting but when will you update next
Re: Honeymoon In Prison-reborn by Nobody: 1:11am On Jul 15, 2014
amsad19: wow interesting but when will you update next

Maybe this night
Re: Honeymoon In Prison-reborn by Nobody: 1:17am On Jul 15, 2014
[b]Deinde kept tuning the TV but no news was showing in them. In frustration, he put it off and adjourned to his bed. Then he sank into it. He hadn't had his head on a pillow for days now. He had only come into that hotel just two days back. Earlier he was hiding in an uncompleted building from where Gbagi trailed him to the hotel.

Deinde shook his head when he remembered how he got the money he was now spending. It was inside the police uniform which he collected by force while he was escaping earlier--ten thousand naira.

Deinde was looking blankly at the ceiling. One slate was as if it would fall off. He spread-eagled on the bed and looked on, gnawing at his fingernails.

Death is sure for me if I get caught, he thought. That man...who is he? He sent me to terminate Mr.Smith's life and I did, so he must actually be working for one of these politicians.

Deinde never had any personal hatred for Mr. Smith earlier. In fact, if he were to vote, he would have done it for him instead of Mr. Aluko Peter, because he believed that Mr. Smith would do less to uproot all vices in the state, unlike Mr. Aluko Peter who would from day one begin to fight corruption hard.

"If I don't kill, how do I get money?" Deinde whispered to himself. "R.I.P Mr. Smith."

Deinde was however sure that Mr. Aluko wasn't the sponsor of the killing of his opposition candidate, because if he was, Momoh would have written such note to him to betray the man.

"Hmm..." Deinde sighed. He was going to take up the job of a secret detective and find the root of the matter, but who would give a criminal such kind of sensitive job?

Deinde took out one of the notes addressed to him in the cell and placed it on a desk close to him:

Deinde, confess that Mr. Aluko hired you to murder Mr. Smith.
Just do that and we shall arrange to get you out.
Make sure you come to us to get your balance when we have set you free.

"Balance of death, I'm sure," Deinde whispered. "How would he spare my life when the job I did is not wholesome?"

Deinde walked to the switch and put off the light. He buried his head in a large pillow and began to think:

[i]I wonder what they would have Desola do now. My innocent sister. They forced her to bring those bread to me. I'm sure she didn't know that some papers were hidden in them. What if the police had discovered the notes in those bread she brought, she would have been in soup?"

Deinde smirked and rolled on the bed.

He walked to the bathroom to have his bath eventually.

Meanwhile Deinde was taking his bath, Momoh and his men continued in the clandestine meeting all geared towards the successful capture of Deinde. They would not spare him at all. They would kill him at once.

"We must not fail!" Momoh said. "Deinde is smart, we all know."

"We know," Gogo said quickly. He wanted the discussion hastened up.

"Alright," Momoh moved on. "We'll take him by surprise."

Momoh threw two penknives at two of them. They caught it and asked, "For what?"

"You're going through the ceiling," Momoh said. "Slit the plywood up there." Momoh was fixing his gaze at the ceiling and pointing at it.

"Good plan," they were excited.

"And make sure you're careful, okay? Gbagi has measured the the length from here to his room earlier, 25 meters."

"Good job there, that Gbagi is a crook," someone said.

"Take this tape rule. Go up with it, two of you, Gogo and Janweigh. Two of you should stay at the door of his room while two should be at the window. Now, go on time."

Gogo sat on Janweigh's neck and began to slit the ceiling with the sharp knife with him. He then gently got into the roof. Janweigh climbed another person's shoulders and got in too. Then they began to measure the length with the tape rule, making sure they were avoiding the fragile ceiling by walking on the timbers in there. An orange rolled out of Janweigh's pocket, towards the direction of Deinde's place. It rumbled so much.

Deinde heard a sound on the ceiling in the bathroom.

"Rats on the ceiling? Maybe cats, but what type of hotel is this for God's sake?"

Deinde wriggled under the shower. The chill water splashed down on him like rain from heaven. He hadn't enjoyed water for days now.

Deinde seemed to be enjoying every bit of the cold shower. Some quantity of soapy liquid ran into his mouth from his head. He spewed them out.
He had much lather on his skin.

"My skin smells prison," he whispered as he brought his nose close to his hairy armpit. He scrambled for soap again, having his eyes shut because of the soap that had gotten into them. Much foams of the soap had entered his eyes and had set them on fire.

Dirt, mingled with the lather, ran down his body.

"Alagbon no be place to be o," he said when he saw it.
[/b]
Re: Honeymoon In Prison-reborn by Nobody: 4:06am On Jul 15, 2014
Nice job Sammy
Re: Honeymoon In Prison-reborn by Timothy3113(m): 6:20am On Jul 15, 2014
Almost dere
Re: Honeymoon In Prison-reborn by kingphilip(m): 6:40am On Jul 15, 2014
Still here following closely

1 Like

Re: Honeymoon In Prison-reborn by Nobody: 7:51am On Jul 15, 2014
Timothy3113: Almost dere
kingphilip: Still here following closely
orirebaby: Nice job Sammy

Thank you all wink wink wink
Re: Honeymoon In Prison-reborn by Nobody: 8:30am On Jul 15, 2014
[b]Deinde had spent half an hour bathing. He had a towel down his waist as he poked his legs into his slippers and headed for the room. An afterthought occurred to him as he got in to dress up.

"Ah! Desola's life is in double danger," he thought. Deinde didn't even have a single clue that two men were on the ceiling, about to kill him. Where would he run to? Two were at the door too and two must be at the window as well, if only they had all obeyed Momoh's instruction.

"Desola is in double danger," Deinde said again. "Police after her, criminals after her too."

Deinde had seen Desola, his younger sister's picture in a newspaper earlier. It was about her release from the prison as commanded by the AIG.

"So, Desola was imprisoned earlier," Deinde wept and pulled toughly at his hair. "I caused it all!"

Deinde's right thumb kept clicking on his inscissor. He had no idea how he could rescue her. He knew they could use her as a bait to get him, so he was going to take his time.

Deinde trudged to the TV and clicked at it again. A news was on the screen this time.

"Yeah!" Deinde was glad. He settled down on a chair to watch it. Unfortunately for him, he had only met it halfway:

…are combing everywhere for Mr. Sehin Deinde who escaped the prison for the past three weeks now. However, Mr. Aluko Peter claimed not guilty in the court today again and he would remain in police custody until further notice.

The news ended without Deinde not getting any tangible information.

"Dang!" Deinde banged the table with his fist. "I missed a lot! Perhaps another station would air the news. As he tuned, the TV went off.

"NEPA!" Deinde yelled. He smirked and thought playfully, National Epileptic Power Atrocity!

Deinde poured himself a cold glass of champagne and gritted his teeth when the cold liquor 'peppered' his brain.

"Aaaach!" Deinde slapped his forehead to get his cold brain excited. The foam of the strong drink had soaked the note on the table, but he didn't take note of it--the same note he spread on the table earlier, containing one of the messages addressed to him by Momoh while he was in prison.

Just then, he saw a red light blinking on the TV. It came alive again.

"Up NEPA!" Deinde moved his lips. He picked the remote control again and punched its button to get the face of the ugly newscaster away.

Desola is even more beautiful, he thought. It's a pity Desola didn't know what I was doing until I was caught. Since mum's death, I've been into this business, yet she wasn't aware. Innocent girl--now she knows who her brother is--a killer. Anyway...if we survive this together, she'll just have to forgive me; if I didn't take up this hired-killing business seven years back, how would we have survived the hardship of this corrupt nation?

If Deinde hadn't seen his own image flash into his eyes suddenly from the screen, he would have remained unjolted from his thought. The news had just sieved into his ears:

...the AIG has said he would do everything possible to track down everyone involved in this crime. However, Mr. Yemi, the warder, would remain in the Alagbon Prison till Mr. Sehin Deinde is found. On the other hand, Mr. Aluko Peter, the gubernatorial candidate of the HARMONY PARTY, would remain in police net until enough evidences has been gathered. Now sport news...

Deinde flicked the station away. The rapacity of his action seemed he had zero interest in entertainment. He shook his head and stumbled over a thought.

This world is an irony, Deinde opined. Two innocent people are suffering for the guilt of the guilty we... and if I'm not fast enough, more innocent ones would join--Desola...sure she has joined in it already.

"The innocent dies, the guilty lives--Mr Aluko was right," Deinde quoted. "The policeman died off, Deinde lives on."

Deinde had just remembered how he fired the shot at that policeman's forehead while he was trying to escape the prison earlier:

"I didn't mean to...God forgive me," he whispered.

Deinde was staring up at a the cobweb patterned on the ceiling. He was amazed as a spider was preying on a housefly which had innocently got caught in the web. The more the fly struggled, the more he got entangled in the web, yet the spider had no fear at all. Only the death of the housefly would fetch him a mean of livelihood.

"Mmm," Deinde sounded. "A lesson to learn here. I am the spider, my victims are the houseflies; if I don't kill, then I don't have anything to feed my belly with."

Deinde began to hear a sound from the ceiling again. He rushed to have a trouser, since what he had on him earlier was a towel. The gun Yemi gave him in the prison was having no more bullet in it, since it was only one bullet Momoh put in it.

Before Deinde could do another thing, somebody had descended in from the bathroom. He was with a gun, which he pointed at Deinde.

"Deinde, say your last prayer," whispered the unwanted visitor, who had just jumped down from the ceiling through a slit. His colleague hadn't descended yet.

"Gogo!" Deinde exclaimed when he saw him...

Momoh peered into his watch as he waited for his men. None of them had returned to him.

"It's over twenty minutes, why is nobody here?" Momoh said and then began to walk towards Deinde's door. No one was at the door.

"Where are the two I instructed to be here? They must have entered in," Momoh guessed and got inside.

He found blood everywhere!

[/b]
Re: Honeymoon In Prison-reborn by DONMAYOR19(m): 9:39am On Jul 15, 2014
Finally wee are there....make I take my zobo with banana and small bread, spread my mat and start refreshing of page min by min....Sammy if u no upload quick eh, na fight for me and u o grin

1 Like

Re: Honeymoon In Prison-reborn by Nobody: 9:43am On Jul 15, 2014
DONMAYOR19: Finally wee are there....make I take my zobo with banana and small bread, spread my mat and start refreshing of page min by min....Sammy if u no upload quick eh, na fight for me and u o grin

But who told you we're there. There's this update I don't get to find right now...how Deinde was being followed by Gbagi...
Re: Honeymoon In Prison-reborn by amsad19(m): 10:34am On Jul 15, 2014
hmmm i hope its not deinde's blood
Re: Honeymoon In Prison-reborn by DONMAYOR19(m): 10:42am On Jul 15, 2014
SammyHoe:

But who told you we're there. There's this update I don't get to find right now...how Deinde was being followed by Gbagi...
find am o, thou u never post am before I guess, sha I'm here waiting patiently.

1 Like

Re: Honeymoon In Prison-reborn by Nobody: 10:50am On Jul 15, 2014
DONMAYOR19: find am o, thou u never post am before I guess, sha I'm here waiting patiently.

I pasted it buh u haven't seen it...now it's missing...
Re: Honeymoon In Prison-reborn by DONMAYOR19(m): 11:14am On Jul 15, 2014
SammyHoe:

I pasted it buh u haven't seen it...now it's missing...
miss ke? Mr man find am go anywhere, even if it takes u to go to sambisa just to locate it eh, do that now
Re: Honeymoon In Prison-reborn by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jul 15, 2014
we started from d bottom, now we're here.
well-done Sammy!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

REVENGE (an Action Thriller) / Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls / All About "JAMES HADLEY CHASE" Novels #ones You'v Read & Experiences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.