Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,865 members, 7,802,776 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:19 PM

Are "International" Students Given Any Preference During NYSC Postings? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Are "International" Students Given Any Preference During NYSC Postings? (1182 Views)

10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying In Family House During NYSC / Why Do Some Married Ladies Commit Adultery During NYSC? / Fresh Graduates Refuse Their NYSC Postings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are "International" Students Given Any Preference During NYSC Postings? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jul 02, 2014
Hello,
I am a 16 year old, 1st year, Law, Nigerian student studying in the Republic Of Uganda. I want to inquire from the Nairaland family if any preference is given to Nigerians that studied abroad as regards the NYSC postings and if any, of what kind would the preference would be.
Thanks.
Re: Are "International" Students Given Any Preference During NYSC Postings? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jul 02, 2014
Yokiti please help put on FP, thanks.
Re: Are "International" Students Given Any Preference During NYSC Postings? by Sylverbox(m): 9:19pm On Jul 02, 2014
Sure they always end up being posted to abuja and if filled they find themselves in kogi. But basically are treated like everyone else and no one really cares to find out where u schooled once in camp!
Re: Are "International" Students Given Any Preference During NYSC Postings? by yokiti: 10:15pm On Jul 02, 2014
My brother, let not your heart be troubled. You have a very long way to go. What is obtainable for now might not be applicable to realities in the future.
To answer your question, before now, they are usually posted to "choice states" but that is not 100 percent sure in nowadays Nigeria however, there are exceptional cases.
In camp, the simple rule is the equality of all men but "some animals are more equal than the others"(apologies to the writer of Animal Farm).
Keep the flag of our great nation Nigeria flying overthere with your academic exploits. Wishing you outstanding success overthere and in your chosen career my learned colleague in training.

3 Likes

Re: Are "International" Students Given Any Preference During NYSC Postings? by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jul 02, 2014
Tnx a lot Sylverbox and Yokiti, I'm grateful a lot. Thank you my egbons. Oshey!

2 Likes

Re: Are "International" Students Given Any Preference During NYSC Postings? by yokiti: 11:38pm On Jul 02, 2014
Timzy234: Tnx a lot Sylverbox and Yokiti, I'm grateful a lot. Thank you my egbons. Oshey!
You are welcome! Please, tell President M7 that I give him kudos on his speech rejecting financial aid from the sodomy countries (He said Uganda is rich and that colonialist can go to hell ) and the speech condeming the inaction of president GEJ on Boko Haram.
Re: Are "International" Students Given Any Preference During NYSC Postings? by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jul 02, 2014
yokiti:
You are welcome! Please, tell President M7 that I give him kudos on his speech rejecting financial aid from the sodomy countries (He said Uganda is rich and that colonialist can go to hell ) and the speech condeming the inaction of president GEJ on Boko Haram.

That man damn funny.

HE told Obama to "go eat his mother's something something" apart from leadership, that man a comedian, a damn good one.

1 Like

Re: Are "International" Students Given Any Preference During NYSC Postings? by yokiti: 11:45pm On Jul 02, 2014
Timzy234:

That man damn funny.

HE told Obama to "go eat his mother's something something" apart from leadership, that man a comedian, a damn good one.
I love those that are fearless and say the truth at all times no matter whose ox is gored. God bless mother Africa with intelligent and selfless leaders.
Re: Are "International" Students Given Any Preference During NYSC Postings? by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jul 02, 2014
yokiti:
I love those that are fearless and say the truth at all times no matter whose ox is gored. God bless mother Africa with intelligent and selfless leaders.

Ya and I think the number of army people in Uganda are more than the civilians coz the intelligence is tight. Some idiotic Nigerians came here and made fake dollars. They were arrested that same day, while they were still in the process!!! Plus Two somalis wanted to bomb, they were just joking but the next day, theirnames were on NAtional Tv and they were imprisoned till date. There's fast internet, security. CONSTANT water and electricity but yet they aint up to 1/20th of our economy and they still steal though but they provide all these for their citizens. I just pity the breed of "leaders" we have now.

(1) (Reply)

Shell Petroleum Youth Empowerment Programme / NYSC Member Rocks Khaki Skirt / NYSC 2017 Batch B Online Registration Starts On 25th - Please Read This Details

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.