Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,081 members, 7,807,233 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:24 AM

The Day The World Ended - Literature (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Day The World Ended (101558 Views)

The Day The Clouds Turned Red (crime Story) / Naruto Manga Has Finally Ended (Links & Spoilers) / This Books Ended My Struggle (check Them Out) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Day The World Ended by Royver(m): 12:39am On Sep 28, 2014
Ohibenemma: AWESOME imagination!
thank you sir!
Re: The Day The World Ended by Royver(m): 12:42am On Sep 28, 2014
Beennkumar: Okay, why are my eyes getting wet? grin

The second update got me smiling.
shocked grin
just seeing this grin eh yaaaa
Re: The Day The World Ended by Royver(m): 12:43am On Sep 28, 2014
Wishing you all a happy sunday

1 Like

Re: The Day The World Ended by Nobody: 3:46am On Sep 28, 2014
Are you a writer or an aspiring writer, this workshop is for you...
https://www.nairaland.com/1893739/nairaland-e-workshop-writers---comment-thread
Re: The Day The World Ended by JeffreyJamez(m): 7:54am On Sep 28, 2014
Chai!!.... this is chaos!!..... so Tayo died.... eiyah

So sad!!

ROYVER YOU IS THE BOMB!!!

1 Like

Re: The Day The World Ended by renzyl(f): 10:05am On Sep 28, 2014
Royver:
grin
are you praying for them or against them? cheesy
. Against o
Re: The Day The World Ended by renzyl(f): 10:29am On Sep 28, 2014
Not Tayo,noooooooooooo

Re: The Day The World Ended by 01emek(m): 12:22pm On Sep 28, 2014
Why do i felt happy after the dead of Tayo. Trust me something must kill a man.

2 Likes

Re: The Day The World Ended by Beennkumar(m): 5:08pm On Sep 28, 2014
Tayo died! Eiyah! sad

1 Like

Re: The Day The World Ended by Beennkumar(m): 5:08pm On Sep 28, 2014
Royver:
shocked grin
just seeing this grin eh yaaaa
grin

1 Like

Re: The Day The World Ended by tfabu: 6:24pm On Sep 28, 2014
Royver thumbs up to you,ure doing a wonderful job here,more updates plssss
Re: The Day The World Ended by MCCOYDESTINY(f): 6:42pm On Sep 28, 2014
you great well done how was your sunday going
Re: The Day The World Ended by PrinceAdepoju(m): 8:35pm On Sep 28, 2014
Urh, the death of a hero.
RIP Tayo.

Abeg, sir Royver, where are the other boys that fought with Tayo and Ayo?
Re: The Day The World Ended by Nobody: 8:37pm On Sep 28, 2014
Great Royver,well done!

1 Like

Re: The Day The World Ended by SexySapphire(f): 8:44pm On Sep 28, 2014
Eyaaaaah, R.I.P Tayo, he was a great hero and his demise will be deeply felt. I feel so sorry for Temi. I'm so glad Ayo made it out alive. I wish and pray strongly dat nothing bad happens to the Richard Family.

Really Royver, u're just too good with words. U remain one of ma bestest writers. Tnx so much for this update, God bless u roundabout.

1 Like

Re: The Day The World Ended by Royver(m): 11:21pm On Sep 28, 2014
JeffreyJamez: Chai!!.... this is chaos!!..... so Tayo died.... eiyah

So sad!!

ROYVER YOU IS THE BOMB!!!
thanks man.
Re: The Day The World Ended by Royver(m): 11:22pm On Sep 28, 2014
tfabu: Royver thumbs up to you,ure doing a wonderful job here,more updates plssss
thanks, will update now.
Re: The Day The World Ended by Royver(m): 11:23pm On Sep 28, 2014
MCCOYDESTINY: you great well done how was your sunday going
fine o, went to mass, rain fell during communion and it looked like the world was going to end and people prayed real hard.

it was fun grin
Re: The Day The World Ended by Royver(m): 11:28pm On Sep 28, 2014
PrinceAdepoju: Urh, the death of a hero.
RIP Tayo.

Abeg, sir Royver, where are the other boys that fought with Tayo and Ayo?

they must have been lost in the battle, I'll look for them.
Re: The Day The World Ended by Royver(m): 11:28pm On Sep 28, 2014
Jennimma: Great Royver,well done!
thanks miss
Re: The Day The World Ended by Royver(m): 11:29pm On Sep 28, 2014
SexySapphire: Eyaaaaah, R.I.P Tayo, he was a great hero and his demise will be deeply felt. I feel so sorry for Temi. I'm so glad Ayo made it out alive. I wish and pray strongly dat nothing bad happens to the Richard Family.

Really Royver, u're just too good with words. U remain one of ma bestest writers. Tnx so much for this update, God bless u roundabout.
thanks so much, your comment made me feel warm all over. Will continue to do my best to enthrall.

1 Like

Re: The Day The World Ended by Royver(m): 11:50pm On Sep 28, 2014
[size=15pt]DAY 2: EVERYTHING WRITTEN[/size]

Yes, today I have been writing everything that has been happening for the past one week. Nothing much has happened today. The third tear is yet to come but there is this deep low rumble that is being heard all over the world, here included. Scientists are saying this last tear will be massive. Even the Under dwellers seem to know something big is coming. They have not attacked at all today.

There is no wind outside. The Sun has been up all day, not a single cloud in the sky. On any other occasion it would have been a bright and sunny day with children playing in the fields and neighbors washing clothes and gisting with each other. But now the fields are desolate, completely empty. Apparently the snakes come at night and mop up all the havoc done, all the blood spilt, and all the bodies unclaimed. Anyone looking at the fields today will not know anything happened there the day before. It’s an eerie feeling.

I’m still writing.

Mom has given the baby to one of the neighbors, a woman who lost her child in all the confusion. She took the baby gratefully. Mom has changed Dad’s bandages and started him on antibiotics. They giggle and laugh together like teenagers, it’s like the stress of the past few days have brought them even closer together. I’m happy for them. The only thing that annoys me is that anytime I come out of my room to see what’s going on they start speaking in hushed tones, like they are saying something they don’t want me to hear.

I’m fine, really.

Deji is like the housekeeper. He keeps taking short trips out to scanvenge for food, fuel and other items. Once, he went as far as downhill to get some stuff from a supermarket. He came back with a lot of chocolate for me. Usually I wouldn’t have eaten the chocolate, would have been scared of getting fat or something. Guess it’s not much of a problem now.

Ayo has been organizing the youths as many of them were impressed with the way he fought yesterday. A few of his suspicious friends came over to the house to see him but he avoided them until they grew impatient and cornered him at the door. I snuck to the master bedroom to eavesdrop through the crack in the wall.

“So what do you say?” the first one says. “You can’t just start leading this group without registering with our oga.”

“Yes oh, you must respect oga oh.” The second one interjects.

“Look, I didn’t ask for this leadership.I can step down if that is what you people want…” Ayo says quietly

“No, no no.” First says. “See, the whole country is upside down, many of our guys got killed or missing in this matter and a lot of finances were lost. All we are saying is you impose some kind of levy for being the leader of the vigilante group…”

“It’s not really a vigilante group” Ayo says

“…and bring the money to our oga and we all share it!” first finishes and laughs. “Guy, why are you being so stubborn about this matter? Join you no join, give us our cut you no give, na wa oh!”

“Look, cant you see what is going on around us is more than this,now?” Ayo raises his voice a little. “The end of the world is near and you guys are not thinking of how much people are suffering its to come and be looking for how to collect tax…”

“Oga said we should we should come and collect, abi should we question him?” Second says.

“Maybe I need to speak with Oga myself then.” Ayo replies.

Immediately there is an awkward silence. I shift a bit to make myself more comfortable. Nothing is said for a long time. Then:

“You are not calling anybody; just do as you are told! This stubbornness is what I don’t like. We have delivered the message to you. Find us the cash by this evening or else.”

“Leave am, na only mouth e get, if I shock am now e go begin dey shake!” Second says.

Then they walk away. There are three of them. The third guy said nothing throughout.

I confront Ayo in the corridor. “Tell Dad.” I say, simply. "Mum must have let him know what was going on with you already anyway."

“No she didn't. In the confusion she forgot. and it's really not necessary, those guys are just touts looking for who to bully.” Ayo replies.

“Why didn’t you join them, Ayo?” I ask. Ayo raises his eyebrows and I add quickly, “Not that I want you to join bad gang, it’s just, I was wondering , if you were so secretive in not telling anybody your problem all this time, you might have joined and we wouldn’t even know. Why didn’t you join?”

“Because I don’t want to.” Ayo says. “I know I am the quiet, sometimes aggressive senior brother and I can be secretive at times, but it doesn’t mean I don’t know what is right from wrong.”

“How did Tayo die?”

The words escape my lips before I can stop them. But now that I have asked I stand my ground, not budging until I get an answer. Ayo sighs.

“It all happened so quickly. He was really brave and fought like someone who had been fighting all his life. He used a shovel, you see. I was swinging a machete one of the vigilantes had dropped and the last I saw him in action he was fighting a very large and strong one of the under-dwellers who was swinging a club. I rushed to help him but it was too late…”

“Go on.” I said. “I want to hear it.”

“The Under-dweller smashed his head in. By the time I got there he was on the floor with blood gushing out of his forehead and soaking his uniform…there was o much blood…I tried to get him out, see if he was still breathing or something but he didn’t respond. I’m so sorry sis.”

Tears had started flowing down my eyes again but I wiped them away.

“Isn’t there maybe a chance…” I begin but Ayo stops me by raising his hand.

“No. he wasn’t moving at all, Temi. And the Snakes don’t leave anything by morning. I’m sorry but you have to accept he is gone and move on.”

“And James?” I suddenly remember him, but Ayo shakes his head.

“I didn’t see him. Hopefully he made it but then he would have come back here so I’m not optimistic.

He pats me comfortingly on the shoulder and leaves.

8 Likes

Re: The Day The World Ended by Royver(m): 11:52pm On Sep 28, 2014
I’ve been sleeping for hours now. They don’t want to wake me. I sit up and say a prayer for Bimpe, Arnold or is it Tayo, and Sola. I want to go and see her later in the day, this rumble hasn’t stopped and might go on till the end of today and I want to make sure at least the only friend I have left is doing alright.

Ayo is still trying to see if we can communicate with Ilorin and neighboring villages to know how they are faring. Nobody wants to venture out too far until the earthquakes are over, but we have gotten a few visitors from neighboring towns and villages.

It’s 2 o’ clock. I’m going to check on Sola. For goodness sake her house is only 30minutes walk from here. Haba.

I’m in my room with Sola. Sorry this is coming out disjointed but I think it’s because I am grieving. Sola was at home alone, hugging her mother’s clothes when I met her. Deji accompanied me, thank goodness my parents allowed me leave the house, I think they think it will do me good and besides the earthquake hasn’t started yet. Just this low rumbling, humming sound that I am so used to that sometimes I forget it’s there. We got to the house without incident and saw Sola like I said, hugging her mom’s clothes which when we were finally able to pry it from her hands were filled with ashes. SO she’s gone to wherever those that turn to ashes go to. I’m not even trying to make sense of it anymore.

She followed us back willingly. Seems like she spent the night alone yesterday. Mum was glad to see her and trust momsie, she quickly made something for her to eat.

Sola has been reading my diary and adding some parts I may have missed out. We are healing together. It’s not so bad, I guess, when you have someone you can relate to and talk with. Mum is delighted to hear us giggle and laugh. She says it’s a good sign.

CNN has some fresh news. Various countries of the developed world have been putting money together and building a huge satellite they will launch into space, something that will give everyone free wifi if I understand it correctly. Then we will be able to make calls and communicate better. There was something about building domes for large cities to trap air in case the explosion is worse than we anticipate but that is only for cities in the developed world. It all sounds like science fiction to me anyway. Anyhow Nigeria has always found a way to survive; hopefully we will survive this too

The borders of those countries have also been closed and a lot of foreign leaders and prominent people being sent back home. It was in NTA Lagos news that the United Kingdom refused one Nigerian Pastor from entering their country with his private jet. They believe that if world leaders stay in their countries and see there is no escape for them as well that they’ll work to save the nations they come from.

We still get power from the electricity stations, but usually only at night. It’s ironic that the light system is better now that the world is in chaos. I guess some people realize that light at night is now a necessity to avoid surprise attacks.

I’ll try and see if I can sketch how the American scientists say the world will look like when the final tear occurs. It doesn’t look so bad. We will have three earths instead of one. It looks interesting.

It’s eight o’clock and still nothing, just this dull underground humming noise. I thought I wouldn’t be able to sleep with it but I guess I am going to, my eyelids are already heavy. Sola is asleep on my bed already. She has been a real help for my psyche and I am feeling much better. I get the sneaky feeling Arnold likes her.

For the first time since we got home I take off my clothes, tie my towel and take a warm bath. Tomorrow is another day. Hopefully it won’t be our last.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Day The World Ended by MCCOYDESTINY(f): 6:13am On Sep 29, 2014
i sence that ayo make mistake about tayo's death, no he can't die just like that but it is true #RIPTAYO# haaa sola am sorry for you, tami why are you thinking like this i don't like it o, aftrall it won't be just take hearth. hmmmm oga royver thanks for update God will increase your ink and your mb and more strength in jesus name good morring sir
Re: The Day The World Ended by boladex1: 9:00am On Sep 29, 2014
waoooooooo good update as usual, rov you are awsome

please bring tayo back ooo,

1 Like

Re: The Day The World Ended by aboyaji(m): 9:35am On Sep 29, 2014
steals some mb and transfers them to oga royver phone. Theres nothing greater than having the ability to visualize what one is reading. Royver, you really made it happen. Every scene is well written out. No long questions. But, i am optimistic about tayo- he aint dead yet

2 Likes

Re: The Day The World Ended by Nimen(m): 5:32pm On Sep 29, 2014
5minsmadness: lipsrsealed

oga u do 3d images? Or did u download them

1 Like

Re: The Day The World Ended by 5minsmadness: 5:39pm On Sep 29, 2014
Nimen:

oga u do 3d images? Or did u download them
Yeah I do 3D images but I downloaded these ones.

2 Likes

Re: The Day The World Ended by Nimen(m): 5:52pm On Sep 29, 2014
Oga Roy u rock...
But you killed Arnold/Tayo lipsrsealed

guess we visualized differently cheesy was thinking you'll kill Ayo, make Tayo the leader of the village vigilante, retire the dad, maybe kill the mum... And then the struggle comes to surviving the Underworlds maybe with some scenes of wonderful fighting from our heroine cheesy

but anyway sir, u good. Though i hope you ain't rushing this story
Thanks, anticipating the best after the tear

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Day The World Ended by Spongia1(m): 8:02pm On Sep 29, 2014
Royver, this is just brilliant!

1 Like

Re: The Day The World Ended by Nobody: 2:55pm On Sep 30, 2014
Dear Royver,
I have followed your stories from 'I See Things Others Do Not See' to 'The Claw, The Tail, And The Cross' and now this very one, mostly as a ghost reader. Even before I officially joined nairaland I'd known and read your works. It's only right that I acknowledge your work and bid you to do more.

WELDON Sir!

2 Likes

Re: The Day The World Ended by shakespen: 5:42pm On Sep 30, 2014
You can write your authored books, article, and songs at www.shakespen.com .Its modular writing format especially makes it easier to write books and maintain your audience. Imagine when your books are read in chapters and pages and got a book-cover too. Sign up and learn all wonderful tools ShakesPen has to offer.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (32) (Reply)

The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) / #my Life / Tormented

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.