Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,469 members, 7,781,363 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:12 PM

Don't Let Anybody Deceive You. Tithing Is The Power To Get Wealth. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Don't Let Anybody Deceive You. Tithing Is The Power To Get Wealth. (9733 Views)

How Pastors Deceive Their Congregation #photo. / The Truth Your Pastor Would Not Tell You About Tithes: Tithing Is Unscriptural U / Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Let Anybody Deceive You. Tithing Is The Power To Get Wealth. by uchkochi(m): 8:54am On Jul 03, 2014
TITHING IS THE POWER TO GET MORE.

The Tithe is 10 percent of your increase, whether it is income, salary, profit, gifts, whatever it is, as far as it increases you; the tithe belongs to God. God gave you 90 percent and the additional 10 percent belongs to God. Many people are robbing God, no wonder the struggle continues. You cannot be wiser than God. How can God intervene for you when you are robbing Him in tithes. Many of the problems we go through are not satan inflicted, they are disobedience-inflicted. You broke the law, so the devil has a legal ground to attack. Malachi 3:10. The tithe is the LORD'S. He gave you that money thinking you will give Him 10 percent. He has an accurate amount of how much you are owing Him. You are not to give your tithe to help the poor, you are to bring it to God, through a church or a ministry. What you give to people or the needy is different from the tithe.

Paying your tithe secures the remaining 90 percent from wastes that leads to regrets. God also opens more doors of opportunities and ideas to get wealth when you tithe. If you owe God and you can pay up, pay up now. But if you cannot pay up, if it is too big or you can't remember the figure, repent and decide to begin to tithe from now and give a restoration seed to mark a new beginning in your financial life. Whatever God gives you, don't call the 100 percent as your own, 90 percent is your's, 10 percent is God's. So if your income is 10,000; 9000 is your's 1000 is God's. The tithe is God's part that makes the remaining meaningful. God has nothing to lose when you rob Him, you are the one that have everything to lose. Receive grace to be a consistent, tireless, regular, faithful, joyful, cheerful tither in Jesus name. The more you tithe the more you handle money so you can tithe more. Just decide to change and grace will come. Be blessed in Jesus name.

7 Likes

Re: Don't Let Anybody Deceive You. Tithing Is The Power To Get Wealth. by Tallesty1(m): 9:19am On Jul 03, 2014
Tithing is Jewish Law bro, it is not Christian. The Christian Scriptures say that God loves a cheerful giver not one giving under compulsion.

Sometimes I wonder whats wrong with my fellow christians. If you wana apply the laws in old testament then apply it fully, if you are under grace then let go of them, don't pick the ones that favours you.

A tithe was a tenth of the increase of produce and/or livestock, and never wages. The tithe was given to the Levites, widows, orphans and poor. Now our pastors use it to build mansions, schools that the tithers cannot afford and private jets.

If you wana go to church, especially in Nigeria please take your brain along with you just incase because nothing blinds and clogs people's reasoning like religion. Tithing is not a Christian requirement. The Christian is told: Let each one do just as he has resolved in his heart, not grudgingly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. (2 Corinthians 9:7) and Tithing under the Mosaic Law were food items grown within the boundaries of Israel. There is no command to bring a tithe of money to a building called a church unless the distance is too far.

One day you will realize that churches are about money - not about serving you. Preachers preach to the collection plate. When a congregation's numbers decrease (thus offerings), they begin looking for a replacement preacher. When the plate is full, they are satisfied. When the plate grows in collections, they are very satisfied. It's about money. It's about guilting you into giving money. Use Your Brian

Give to the poor, the homeless, the orphans, visit the sick and the prisoners, help a brother in need, love your fellow people as yourself. Fight for the oppressed and in all live a rightous life. Can't remember reading anywhere that Christ or his apostles tithed.

18 Likes

Re: Don't Let Anybody Deceive You. Tithing Is The Power To Get Wealth. by Redoil: 9:34am On Jul 03, 2014
@op Are you a pastor

3 Likes

Re: Don't Let Anybody Deceive You. Tithing Is The Power To Get Wealth. by PastorKun(m): 12:30pm On Jul 03, 2014
Tithing certainlyy makes tithe collectors like the OP wealthy, although the OP's ministry is still a young struggling ministry that is always soliciting for tithe, offerings and seeds via the internet. tongue the OP basically sees ministry as. Means to make money.

8 Likes

Re: Don't Let Anybody Deceive You. Tithing Is The Power To Get Wealth. by PastorKun(m): 12:33pm On Jul 03, 2014
Redoil: @op Are you a pastor

Yes he is a hungry pastor.

6 Likes

Re: Don't Let Anybody Deceive You. Tithing Is The Power To Get Wealth. by RedReact: 1:10pm On Jul 03, 2014
^^^
We don't need to be insulting when correcting notions, my brother.

@OP, I have a question for you and I would love your answers:
Can you fully tithe? I mean tithe completely .
Re: Don't Let Anybody Deceive You. Tithing Is The Power To Get Wealth. by nora544: 1:52pm On Jul 03, 2014
He has no job and now he is in the business what is the best in Nigeria churchbusiness, all what he want is money from his poor followers to fill his own pockets.

8 Likes

Re: Don't Let Anybody Deceive You. Tithing Is The Power To Get Wealth. by PastorKun(m): 4:06pm On Jul 03, 2014
RedReact: ^^^
We don't need to be insulting when correcting notions, my brother.

@OP, I have a question for you and I would love your answers:
Can you fully tithe? I mean tithe completely .

I am just infurated with the guy, he is fond of sending bulk emails to promote his so called ministry and solicit for funds through various manipulations. Claiming to use it to spread the gospel. Another annoying thing is that he never responds to question on the useless threads he regularly opens on this forum.

8 Likes

Re: Don't Let Anybody Deceive You. Tithing Is The Power To Get Wealth. by iamtewwy(m): 5:54pm On Jul 03, 2014
hmmm paying tithe is now a root to quick wealth? lol u neva told me God was a money doubler cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Don't Let Anybody Deceive You. Tithing Is The Power To Get Wealth. by charlsecy(m): 8:01pm On Jul 03, 2014
@uchkochi, I would love it if you respond to my comment after reading it.

If a Christian willingly decides to be giving 10% or more of his income for the Gospel, no problem. However, I must stress that the concept of tithe, as taught and understood by many Christians today, is a big lie.

Leviticus 27:30-33 shows there was a penalty for wanting to pay tithe in form of money. You paid extra. It's discouraged and even not permitted for animal rearers, who wanted to make substitutions. Perhaps, paying with money defeated one of the purposes of tithing. How could the poor feed from the tithes? How could one eat money? (Deut.14:22-26; Deut. 12:5-7). Or, have you been lied to that beggars and the needy cannot share in your tithe, that it's all for your "pastors?"

Before I continue, let me state that Abraham tithed from spoils of war. He went to war and paid tithe on the spoils he recovered. There is no where in the Bible where Abraham tithed on his personal property.

1. Tithes consisted of food and animals ONLY. "Bring the full tithe into the storehouse, THAT THERE MAY BE FOOD in my house..." Malachi 3:10 ESV. Only natural produce was given as tithe, NEVER money. If you read Deuteronomy 14:22-29, you will discover money was in circulation, so it's not a question of money didn't exist at that time. It was SPECIFICALLY UNDERSTOOD that you couldn't give money as tithe, ESPECIALLY FOR ANIMAL REARERS. Please read Deuteronomy 14:22-29 and Leviticus 27:30-33.

2. If you study Leviticus 27:30-32, it seems only the owners of farms and flocks tithed.

3. There was an annual tithe for the maintenance of the Levites (Lev. 27:30; Num. 18:21).

4. People ate from their tithes. A second tithe brought to Jerusalem for the Lord’s feasts (Deut. 14:22-26; Deut. 12:5-7). This tithe must be consumed before the Lord. ALL ATE portions of this tithe. [How does one eat money?]

5. Tithes could be given out to the needy. Every third year, the second tithe was kept at home for the Levites, the poor and the needy (Deut. 14:27-29). Have you ever heard pastors saying you cannot share your tithe with the beggarly?

Food for thought >>>>

A. WHY DO MODERN-DAY CHURCHES EMPHASIZE ONLY ONE TYPE OF TITHE, LEAVING OUT THE OTHERS? FOR EXAMPLE, THERE IS A TYPE OF TITHE DONE ONCE EVERY 3 YEARS WHICH CAN BE FOUND IN DEUTERONOMY 26:12. THIS FORM INVOLVES GIVING ALSO TO "FOREIGNERS, ORPHANS, AND WIDOWS..." WHY ARE MODERN-DAY PREACHERS NOT IMPLEMENTING THIS ONE?

B. WHY IS MODERN-DAY TITHE IN FORM OF MONEY, WHILE IT'S CLEAR FROM THE SCRIPTURES THE ISRAELITES TITHED OF THEIR CROPS AND ANIMALS ONLY, EVEN THOUGH MONEY WAS IN CIRCULATION AT THAT TIME? Leviticus 27:30-33 shows there is a penalty for wanting to pay tithe in form of money. It's discouraged.

C. How many Christians are aware of the above Biblical facts?

D. Why is the practice of modern-day tithing different from what the Lord instructed?

If you decide to tithe, then you should tithe the Way GOD instructed. The current, so-called modern-day Christian tithing is false based on Biblical evidence. What is happening tithe-wise is different from what the People of Israel did in the Bible. That's all I want you to know.

Come to think of it; did you know that even the modern Jews do not tithe because the Temple and genealogical records were destroyed in 70 AD by the Romans? There is no Temple now to take the tithes to; there are no known Levites, because of the destruction of the records. Does it mean that tithe preachers know better than real Jews about the law of tithing? We believers are even now priests; 1 Peter 2:9, Hebrews 4:16. Is your pastor a Levite? Hebrews 7:5.

8 Likes

Re: Don't Let Anybody Deceive You. Tithing Is The Power To Get Wealth. by RedReact: 6:32am On Jul 04, 2014
Pastor Kun:

I am just infurated with the guy, he is fond of sending bulk emails to promote his so called ministry and solicit for funds through various manipulations. Claiming to use it to spread the gospel. Another annoying thing is that he never responds to question on the useless threads he regularly opens on this forum.
Don't mind him and his likes. We will continue to expose them and their antics, as many of you have been doing.

Stay blessed!!!

@OP, kindly stop that saying "Tithing is the power to get wealth". That statement is highly erroneous.

5 Likes

Re: Don't Let Anybody Deceive You. Tithing Is The Power To Get Wealth. by lastmessenger: 9:50am On Jul 04, 2014
My elder brothers life is a complete prove that the tithing stuff is a complete lie geared towards making some people rich.i have never seen anybody who is more faithful in paying tithe than my elder bro.infact he will tell me that he is sure that his bread and water will not fail because he is a faithful tither.But on the contrary this guy keeps loosing big money.if really tithe is a means to wealth my bros should be a multimillionair seeing he has observed that law to the letter.

11 Likes

Re: Don't Let Anybody Deceive You. Tithing Is The Power To Get Wealth. by nora544: 10:13am On Jul 04, 2014
lastmessenger: My elder brother life is a complete prove that the tithing stuff is a complete lie geared towards making some people rich.i have never seen anybody who is more faithful in paying tithe than my elder bro.infact he will tell me that he is sure that his bread and water will not fail because he is a faithful tither.But on the contrary this guy keeps loosing big money.if really tithe is a means to wealth my bros should be a multimillionair seeing he has observed that law to the letter.

Yeah and that is the bitter truth that all will tell you how much they get but never will tell you that they get nothing.

the one you will laugh is the pastor and his pockets will have money always.

5 Likes

Re: Don't Let Anybody Deceive You. Tithing Is The Power To Get Wealth. by Candour(m): 11:40am On Jul 04, 2014
lastmessenger: My elder brother life is a complete prove that the tithing stuff is a complete lie geared towards making some people rich.i have never seen anybody who is more faithful in paying tithe than my elder bro.infact he will tell me that he is sure that his bread and water will not fail because he is a faithful tither.But on the contrary this guy keeps loosing big money.if really tithe is a means to wealth my bros should be a multimillionair seeing he has observed that law to the letter.

This is sad but its the reality of most folks. The sadder part is that they're the most vociferous in defending the mog who fleece them. Maybe they believe that the more they defend their mog and the scheme, the greater their chance of seeing it manifest.

I pray your brother sees the truth and gets set free.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Let Anybody Deceive You. Tithing Is The Power To Get Wealth. by tandj: 1:48pm On Jul 04, 2014
Aint ready to enrich any man or woman.
I know where my money goes and I feel fulfilled and happy seeing I helped a soul who is in need.

Hv never giving tithe and yet God's blessing is all over me and my household.

5 Likes

Re: Don't Let Anybody Deceive You. Tithing Is The Power To Get Wealth. by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jul 04, 2014
one word idiot, if God uses a basket to colllect the tithe, there wud be no churches in nigeria

1 Like

Re: Don't Let Anybody Deceive You. Tithing Is The Power To Get Wealth. by Goshen360(m): 2:15pm On Jul 04, 2014
Are these tithe collectors still in business? grin

3 Likes

Re: Don't Let Anybody Deceive You. Tithing Is The Power To Get Wealth. by RedReact: 2:29pm On Jul 04, 2014
^^^
Brother Goshen, the truth is that people will still continue to tithe, no doubt about that, same as offerings will still be given. But if people tithe, right or wrong notwithstanding, they should do it as an act of devotion and worship out of love for Him, and not an act of bribing God or using to look for one nonsense wealth.
God has always been, and is still, in the business of giving His people wealth, but not by one erroneous man-made law(s) of me not tithing and things being tight - for where?

4 Likes

Re: Don't Let Anybody Deceive You. Tithing Is The Power To Get Wealth. by PastorKun(m): 2:48pm On Jul 04, 2014

Absolutely nobody alive today observes the biblical tithe laws to the letter. The conditions for observing that law are no longer in existence nor applicable. That is apart from the fact that the bible makes it clear that the law has been done away with.

5 Likes

Re: Don't Let Anybody Deceive You. Tithing Is The Power To Get Wealth. by RedReact: 2:50pm On Jul 04, 2014
Pastor Kun:

Absolutely nobody alive today observes the biblical tithe laws to the letter. The conditions for observing that law are no longer in existence or applicable. That is apart from the fact that the bible makes it clear that the law has been done away with.
It is IMPOSSIBLE to observe TITHING fully.

3 Likes

Re: Don't Let Anybody Deceive You. Tithing Is The Power To Get Wealth. by Goshen360(m): 6:50am On Jul 05, 2014
RedReact:
God has always been, and is still, in the business of giving His people wealth, but not by one erroneous man-made law(s) of me not tithing and things being tight - for where?

David Oyedepo is the champion and the one who spread the above lies and many of his offspring are doing same. My life is a living example, opposite to the above statement. I'm a giver and also make sacrifices for people even at the expense of my own upkeep. I have stopped tithing for many years and yet, I have never seen any devourer devour my finance. I move from job promotion to promotion, good job to better job and never has things being tight for me because I don't pay tithe. There's a remnant that had chosen to stay with the Lord by the Spirit and the Spirit of Truth is teaching us, so we can be free from lies sold to us from the pulpit and stand in the liberty of Christ.

7 Likes

Re: Don't Let Anybody Deceive You. Tithing Is The Power To Get Wealth. by anukulapo: 7:42am On Jul 05, 2014
RedReact:

@OP, kindly stop that saying "Tithing is the power to get wealth". That statement is highly erroneous.

I can't agree more. I wonder why and how people see things the way they do.
Even under the old covenant,the wealth was not tied to tithing. I understand these guys sha,what they want is what they see.
They seem to want God to open the window of heaven and rain them wealth because they tithe.
Na wa o. Merchant christianity.

3 Likes

Re: Don't Let Anybody Deceive You. Tithing Is The Power To Get Wealth. by nep2ra(m): 1:11pm On Jul 05, 2014
Just look at how the OP was brilliantly floored. Well done guys !

7 Likes

Re: Don't Let Anybody Deceive You. Tithing Is The Power To Get Wealth. by jamace(m): 7:08am On Jul 06, 2014
Unemployment has done a great harm to christianity in this age because many false pastors now get themselves employed in a field they are not called.

Why is it that it is mostly these Husband and Wife churches that emphasize on tithing? Simple. Because it is a family bizness. And I observed that immediately the husband and wife church makes enough money, they open a school to expand their business frontiers. And fees in such schools are always out of reach of poor members of the church.

Husband and wife churches, dia ris god o. cry

5 Likes

Re: Don't Let Anybody Deceive You. Tithing Is The Power To Get Wealth. by Oduduwaboy(m): 7:48am On Jul 06, 2014
Liar you are OP. Hard work and connection with some luck maketh rich.
I started to break even when i stopped going to church.

3 Likes

Re: Don't Let Anybody Deceive You. Tithing Is The Power To Get Wealth. by emmyileri(m): 9:18pm On Mar 21, 2022
Re: Don't Let Anybody Deceive You. Tithing Is The Power To Get Wealth. by Dtruthspeaker: 9:23pm On Mar 21, 2022
uchkochi:
TITHING IS THE POWER TO GET MORE....

Wrong! It is not.

(1) (Reply)

Do You Believe In Angels? / About The Trinity / Imagine If God Talks To People As Claimed. Challenge To Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.