Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:42 AM

Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) (63867 Views)

Most Dangerous Snakes In The World -(pictures) / Update On Snakes Tangled In Electric Lines In Benin / Man Wraps Himself With Snakes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by chumakk: 1:59pm On Jul 03, 2014
The snakes followed that tree near the pole
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by frankie7: 2:01pm On Jul 03, 2014
Na true...guy, that snake go fit be human being...beni they too strong for tis kind things...i no talk anything o!
@levelszik:
I didn't say anything o lipsrsealed
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jul 03, 2014
chumakk: The snakes followed that tree near the pole
That is another idea but the tree is not as close to the electric cables as you would have it from the first image.
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by tuffgongjo(m): 2:06pm On Jul 03, 2014
Bini people has been flying b4 d Wright brothers.

3 Likes

Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jul 03, 2014
Everything happens in city that has the HeartBeat of Nigeria.....I remember when I was younger and used to live in Benin...A witch must be miss road every week. Seems its never changed. grin

1 Like

Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by beckyomas(f): 2:19pm On Jul 03, 2014
It happened very close to ekosodin market which is not far from my hostel, my sister went there to see and snapped some pix, they were 3 of them, very big snakes i tell you. They burnt them later with salt and fuel.
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by myspnigeria: 2:30pm On Jul 03, 2014
lmao... this is fetish i guess
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by MadCow1: 2:33pm On Jul 03, 2014
Essential: no wonder ur mama live ur papa, foolishness runs in ur father blood.

5 Likes

Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by domido(m): 2:37pm On Jul 03, 2014
Dats y anything Benin, i dey fear dem, also reason wen i enta Uniben i say i no go eva date benin gurls.
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by mikron(m): 2:40pm On Jul 03, 2014
edo people i fear una. wink wink wink
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by imustsaymymindo: 2:57pm On Jul 03, 2014
all4naija: The possible way a snake can be electrocuted is by grabbing the power cable with the mouth as it glides through it with their body coiled around it. That is, as it tries to move forward the mouth might be used as a support to hold on to the cable and through process it can easily get electrocuted because there is no scale on the snake's mouth(snakes mouth is usually wet to say the least).
Thank u so much for the insight!
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jul 03, 2014
lrguru: (ye vaada raha) I have all of dem too, u can get them from youtube n in HD too
i have been looking for HD too, the clips are available on YouTube in batches though.
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by JuanDeDios: 3:09pm On Jul 03, 2014
frankben: I was surprised at the topic but when i saw the location of the incident, i understood it to be normal
You dey mind them? Of course, some snakes climb up. I have seen mambas up with my own eyes.
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by MadCow1: 3:26pm On Jul 03, 2014
Benin Niggas no dey ever dull. grin

1 Like

Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by Eleganza33(f): 3:36pm On Jul 03, 2014
Nna mehn i tel u benin is bad,ful of witches nd wizards,it is common.they r wicked do u knw wat they did to me hrtlessly bc they r greedy 4 moni! afta them go say igbos 2 lyk moni evn a gal turn into a cat to steal d nebur money evry nyt til she got caught,evn thos who turn birds.na wa 4 una o especialy d BINI TRIBE nd they r ugly
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by Eleganza33(f): 3:43pm On Jul 03, 2014
ojokojonwanyi: Ewwwwwww! I hate SNAKES! shocked cry
nwannem o nani gi? I hate them eh

1 Like

Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by Kingstone32(m): 3:54pm On Jul 03, 2014
So this are the snakes that causes power failures in ekosodin! GOD don catch them.
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jul 03, 2014
Hhmmmm...i am not going to comment;because wateva u say or type might be used against u in........... THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT!

1 Like

Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jul 03, 2014
Obiagelli:
i have been looking for HD too, the clips are available on YouTube in batches though.
yea
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by MadCow1: 3:57pm On Jul 03, 2014
tsolz84: Hhmmmm...i am not going to comment;because wateva u say or type might be used against u in........... THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT! By Benin People

cool

1 Like

Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by saintneo(m): 4:00pm On Jul 03, 2014
all4naija: The possible way a snake can be electrocuted is by grabbing the power cable with the mouth as it glides through it with their body coiled around it. That is, as it tries to move forward the mouth might be used as a support to hold on to the cable and through process it can easily get electrocuted because there is no scale on the snake's mouth(snakes mouth is usually wet to say the least).

Scales or no scales, electricity has a way of moving from one point to another. If the scales are able to block the line voltage (415V if NEPA supply beta power) then they must be lucky snakes. But I can assure you that if those snakes made it across a high-tension of 33kV or above, they will be turned KFS(Kentucky Fried Snakes).

1 Like

Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jul 03, 2014
Mad Cow:

cool
abeg ooo;all the aeroplane brethens on NL;pls take note;na mad cow talk am ooo!my mouth dey smell;i nor fit talk undecided
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by saintneo(m): 4:05pm On Jul 03, 2014
berem: yes my dear sis! I just have one of the soundtracks of the film "Yeh Vaada Raaha" (the promise) on my phone I listen to. Dunno where I can download indian songs especially songs from old movies. The songs they sing these days in their films are not as classic and romantic as the old films.
Do you have a link where I can download online?

There are many on YouTube. Try searching with *bollywood movie-name*. Ghazab, Tufan, Mard, Burning train, CCHH, etc
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by TrYcIa1(f): 4:06pm On Jul 03, 2014
Tallesty1: The snake is just hanging out with his girl-friend. No cause 4 alarm.
grin grin
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by MadCow1: 4:07pm On Jul 03, 2014
tsolz84: abeg ooo;all the aeroplane brethens on NL;pls take note;na mad cow talk am ooo!my mouth dey smell;i nor fit talk undecided

Talk wetin?!

You no dey see my Ray-ban?! I no dey look your face o! grin

Na you and Benin people go settle.
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by Deiok(m): 4:10pm On Jul 03, 2014
Mtewwww. What a wasted mb.
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jul 03, 2014
odogwu9: Did the african bill wateva bird..did it fly into ur compound dead..some birds r not just found in some areas..birds are migratory( maybe the bird was travelln and somethn happened)
It fell on the gate railings/ spikes and died intantly. Although, eye witnesses claim there might have been 2 birds fighting. Anyway, also of note, is the cattle eagret i nabbed eating a frog on my street...who would have guessed. I've also seen a wood pecker and all sorts of exotic birds. Hopefully, shud save up for a special camera, so i can get pictures and name them.

Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jul 03, 2014
Hehehehe..even you?if mad cow dey fear benin pple;who am i?*flees to the house of the Lord*
Mad Cow:

Talk wetin?!

You no dey see my Ray-ban?! I no dey look your face o! grin

Na you and Benin people go settle.
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by MadCow1: 4:28pm On Jul 03, 2014
tsolz84: Hehehehe..even you?if mad cow dey fear benin pple;who am i?*flees to the house of the Lord*

House of the Lord?! Even The Lord sef mind dey cut when the matter involve Benin. grin

Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by MadCow1: 4:51pm On Jul 03, 2014
cool

1 Like

Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by ukandi1(m): 5:03pm On Jul 03, 2014
Uchiha Madara: This is really mind boggling, I mean how did they get up there?

I don't believe snakes can climb vertically, as in climb the wooden pole.

Really mysterious.

Even if they could climb d wooden poles, how could they possibly climb or move through smooth thin horizontal wires? Only DARK MATTER can explain this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

This Terrifying Fish Has 555 Razor Sharp Teeth Covering Its Entire Mouth (Pics) / Young Hunters Kill A Python In A Bush (Photos) / Bird With Cipher Ring Falls From Sky In Ondo, Causing Confusion (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.