Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,537 members, 7,801,507 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:12 PM

Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) - Science/Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) (63856 Views)

Most Dangerous Snakes In The World -(pictures) / Update On Snakes Tangled In Electric Lines In Benin / Man Wraps Himself With Snakes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by naturally: 5:05pm On Jul 03, 2014
Leetunechi: Dats why i love my state...

Dem dey fly anyhw..forget wer dem dey land...

grin

1 Like

Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by Feraz(m): 5:14pm On Jul 03, 2014
Mad Cow:

Uchiha Marada sees snake in his room, Screams Orochimaru and kills it with his Amateratsu. grin
Epic!!!! Don't you think Orochimaru will be able to dodge it? grin
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by AyeeIdris(f): 5:38pm On Jul 03, 2014
berem: yes my dear sis! I just have one of the soundtracks of the film "Yeh Vaada Raaha" (the promise) on my phone I listen to. Dunno where I can download indian songs especially songs from old movies. The songs they sing these days in their films are not as classic and romantic as the old films.
Do you have a link where I can download online?
www.songs.pk. When there, click on movie songs. You will see A_Z. Click on d movie u want and download. I even had it bookmarked sef. http://songspk.name/bollywood-songs-mp3.html
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by tbaba1234: 5:41pm On Jul 03, 2014
Ayee Idris:
www.songs.pk. When there, click on movie songs. You will see A_Z. Click on d movie u want and download. I even had it bookmarked sef. http://songspk.name/bollywood-songs-mp3.html

Spoken like a pro. grin
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jul 03, 2014
Ayee Idris:
thanks sis! Lemme check it out!

cool
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jul 03, 2014
idupaul: Aha these are the demons that have been plaguing the power sector in Nigeria .. Thank goodness they have been exposed by the Jonathan Govt once again .. GEJ till 2019 Joooor
OMG... LOL
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jul 03, 2014
Hmmmm, Benin witches n wizards themselves.... Gud dey died dere
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by jamace(m): 5:59pm On Jul 03, 2014
Leetunechi: Dats why i love my state...

Dem dey fly anyhw..forget wer dem dey land.
grin grin grin LWKMD grin grin

1 Like

Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by tbaba1234: 6:12pm On Jul 03, 2014
Poor snakes.
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by levelszik(m): 6:20pm On Jul 03, 2014
onumaegbuikenna:

Chai there is God oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

But I no talk anything nah
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by Branzy(m): 6:20pm On Jul 03, 2014
na my hood dis tin happen make i confirm 1st .... e no suprise me sha ... d oda day na leopard dy kill inside skul ..
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jul 03, 2014
saintneo:

Scales or no scales, electricity has a way of moving from one point to another . If the scales are able to block the line voltage (415V if NEPA supply beta power) then they must be lucky snakes. But I can assure you that if those snakes made it across a high-tension of 33kV or above, they will be turned KFS(Kentucky Fried Snakes).
Bwahaha... Did you just write this to make sense of what you don't know? If you are talking about the breaking point of resistance of the scales on the snakes body then you aren't sincere with yourself, when we know those cables aren't capable of carrying ultra-high power you are alluding to here.

Haven't you read about scales on reptiles before? The scales on the bird legs is the same reason why they don't get electrocuted by power lines. Please, go and do some research before you start exercising your ignorance here.
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jul 03, 2014
shocked *flees to visit mad cow at yaba left*
Mad Cow:

House of the Lord?! Even The Lord sef mind dey cut when the matter involve Benin. grin

Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by Esdb(m): 7:13pm On Jul 03, 2014
McWhillion:

Chai... I was surprised too the other day when a gallon of petrol caught fire when i was trying to use a touchlite to locate it in the dark.
Touchlite powerful o.
Na God save me.
You won't beleive how we've been using the smallest tiger generator to power our entire neighbourhood with just 2 litres of fuel...

To hell with nepa 4 our syd
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by McWhillion(m): 7:24pm On Jul 03, 2014
Esdb: You won't beleive how we've been using the smallest tiger generator to power our entire neighbourhood with just 2 litres of fuel...

To hell with nepa 4 our syd
Of course am not surprised since the generator is being used to power only the two street lights on your street.

I once went to Kainji dam and was very surprised that power is being generated from 4 tiger batteries.
My broda tiger battery powerful o.

#If na lie ask mad cow.
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by sammoe(m): 7:32pm On Jul 03, 2014
@levelszik:
I didn't say anything o lipsrsealed

This one na voltron things. Not a smalling something!
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by popcykaylah(m): 7:34pm On Jul 03, 2014
[quote author=Jakumo]These snakes are indeed sent from a SPIRITUAL source, and they can ONLY be defeated IF all who have set eyes upon the above pictures quickly send me just twenty US dollar each, to One-Born-Every-Minute Traditional African Pharmacy, PO Box 419, Ajegunle-By'th'Sea, Lagos, Nigeria, as payment for your own ritual sacrifice kit, comprising one small live dog to be killed on the next full moon, some red palm oil, special kola-nuts, the red tail feathers of the African Grey Parrot, cowries shells, vulture's eyelashes and of course custom incantations
Mr man ...stop getting all superstitious and all..when you see multiples of snakes that way..its practically a mating season... when a female snake is due for mating ...males would travel to find the female and they get tangled ...
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by Esdb(m): 7:36pm On Jul 03, 2014
McWhillion:
Of course am not surprised since the generator is being used to power only the two street lights on your street.

I once went to Kainji dam and was very surprised that power is being generated from 4 tiger batteries.
My broda tiger battery powerful o.

#If na lie ask mad cow.
U think that is cool? Ayaf been using my flash drive to browse since last week.

To hell with mtn 4 our syd
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by levelszik(m): 7:43pm On Jul 03, 2014
frankie7: Na true...guy, that snake go fit be human being...beni they too strong for tis kind things...i no talk anything o!
grin
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by levelszik(m): 7:45pm On Jul 03, 2014
sammoe:
This one na voltron things. Not a smalling something!
Voltron ma na learner for where these ones dey.
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by saintneo(m): 7:52pm On Jul 03, 2014
all4naija: Bwahaha... Did you just write this to make sense of what you don't know? If you are talking about the breaking point of resistance of the scales on the snakes body then you aren't sincere with yourself, when we know those cables aren't capable of carrying ultra-high power you are alluding to here.

Haven't you read about scales on reptiles before? The scales on the bird legs is the same reason why they don't get electrocuted by power lines. Please, go and do some research before you start exercising your ignorance here.

You are an amateur in the field or perhaps below. Kindly go and learn how electricity works so as to keep yourself out of danger.

Birds don't get electrocuted because they perch on a single line which has a potential of 0V(zero volts) when measured against itself; thus, there is no danger involved. Those snakes are not coiled on a single line, they are coiled across multiple lines with different potentials with respect to on another and that is dangerous.
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by levelszik(m): 7:52pm On Jul 03, 2014
princefunmi:

Oh boy this your picture mad oo.

Na to match accelerator clear the cows commot for road
Bros,don't underestimate these people o.e be like say u never see where throtle pedal turn to frog before.
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by McWhillion(m): 7:53pm On Jul 03, 2014
Esdb: U think that is cool? Ayaf been using my flash drive to browse since last week.

To hell with mtn 4 our syd
mtcheeeew, that's not new na....

The mtn mast in my area is very portable that sometimes i carry it in my pocket. I once travelled with it and the for the one week i was away my whole area did not have mtn reception.
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by bozoforce: 7:58pm On Jul 03, 2014
all4naija: Bwahaha... Did you just write this to make sense of what you don't know? If you are talking about the breaking point of resistance of the scales on the snakes body then you aren't sincere with yourself, when we know those cables aren't capable of carrying ultra-high power you are alluding to here.

it is not about the scales on the bird's leg but about electric flow. all birds I see on phcn wire are only on 1 line. if the bird could stand on 2 lines I.e the live and neutral wires at the same time it would be electrocuted. I know someone who has done something similar. he jabbed a key into the live part of a socket. he was not electrocuted because he had slippers on. when I touched him (I was bare foot) we were both electrocuted.
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by Esdb(m): 8:41pm On Jul 03, 2014
McWhillion:
mtcheeeew, that's not new na....

The mtn mast in my area is very portable that sometimes i carry it in my pocket. I once travelled with it and the for the one week i was away my whole area did not have mtn reception.
Dude old story I cook with my i-pad

To hell with stove 4 ous syd
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by mjames: 8:44pm On Jul 03, 2014
This are evil spirit traveling by night. They were tired and fall to electric poll.
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jul 03, 2014
saintneo:

You are an amateur in the field or perhaps below. Kindly go and learn how electricity works so as to keep yourself out of danger.

Birds don't get electrocuted because they perch on a single line which has a potential of 0V(zero volts) when measured against itself; thus, there is no danger involved. Those snakes are not coiled on a single line, they are coiled across multiple lines with different potentials with respect to on another and that is dangerous.
I understand what you are talking about. But the scales on the legs of birds act as insulators. If you place a bird feet on different electric flows at the same time it will not have effect on it just as the way it does with it on the electricity cable because of insulated legs(scales). You haven't try such test yet come here to mouth. Why do power workers and engineer wear gloves as insulators? That is what I am trying to explain to you. If the part of the bird that is not insulated touches the other flow there is going to be likely electrocution. Mind the term 'insulator' in my previous comment. If I have gloves on my both hands and I touch both flows I won't be electrocuted even when I am grounded
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jul 03, 2014
bozoforce:
it is not about the scales on the bird's leg but about electric flow. all birds I see on phcn wire are only on 1 line. if the bird could stand on 2 lines I.e the live and neutral wires at the same time it would be electrocuted. I know someone who has done something similar. he jabbed a key into the live part of a socket. he was not electrocuted because he had slippers on. when I touched him (I was bare foot) we were both electrocuted.
Yes, that is correct also. I am talking about the insulator part of it. That is when the scale comes into effect. If you have a plastic gloves on both hands and touch the two lines you will not be shocked because there is no flow during contact.
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by lumeneng22: 9:16pm On Jul 03, 2014
McWhillion:

Chai... I was surprised too the other day when a gallon of petrol caught fire when i was trying to use a touchlite to locate it in the dark.
Touchlite powerful o.
Na God save me.
.Chei, wonder shall never end in this acient city. Hope some people's phone will not make them blind as they comenting on this benin palava?
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by lumeneng22: 9:24pm On Jul 03, 2014
bozoforce:
.You were both electrocuted? and you are here telling us the story, maybe in a dream or you were having hay fever.
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by leshluap(m): 9:25pm On Jul 03, 2014
'''
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by leshluap(m): 9:26pm On Jul 03, 2014
Hh,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

This Terrifying Fish Has 555 Razor Sharp Teeth Covering Its Entire Mouth (Pics) / Young Hunters Kill A Python In A Bush (Photos) / Bird With Cipher Ring Falls From Sky In Ondo, Causing Confusion (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.