Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,445 members, 7,808,595 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:58 PM

A Nairalander Is Suffering From Anxiety Disorder, Please Help! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / A Nairalander Is Suffering From Anxiety Disorder, Please Help! (4880 Views)

Am I Suffering From Acute Memory Loss Or Forgetfulness? / A Thread For Those Suffering From Depression Or Anxiety Disorders / Generalized Anxiety Disorder And Depersonalisation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nairalander Is Suffering From Anxiety Disorder, Please Help! by tolu4you: 4:39pm On Jul 03, 2014
Hello my fellow nairalander, i need your help. I know im
suffering from anxiety disorder right now and i have been
trying to control this but no good result. i need help
please.....
Re: A Nairalander Is Suffering From Anxiety Disorder, Please Help! by tolu4you: 4:42pm On Jul 03, 2014
help please
Re: A Nairalander Is Suffering From Anxiety Disorder, Please Help! by lomaxx: 5:17pm On Jul 03, 2014
You need to see a Psychiatrist.
Re: A Nairalander Is Suffering From Anxiety Disorder, Please Help! by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jul 03, 2014
From Patient dot co dot uk.....Generalised anxiety disorder

What are the treatment options?

Cognitive behavioural therapy

Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) is probably the most effective treatment. It probably works for over half of people with GAD to reduce symptoms and improve quality of life.

Cognitive therapy is based on the idea that certain ways of thinking can trigger or fuel certain mental health problems such as anxiety. The therapist helps you to understand your current thought patterns - in particular, to identify any harmful, unhelpful and false ideas or thoughts which you have that can make you anxious. The aim is then to change your ways of thinking to avoid these ideas. Also, to help your thought patterns to be more realistic and helpful. Therapy is usually done in weekly sessions of about 50 minutes each, for several weeks. You have to take an active part and are given homework between sessions. For example, you may be asked to keep a diary of your thoughts which occur when you become anxious or develop physical symptoms of anxiety.

Behavioural therapy aims to change any behaviours which are harmful or not helpful. For example, with phobias your behaviour or response to the feared object is harmful and the therapist aims to help you to change this. Various techniques are used, depending on the condition and circumstances. As with cognitive therapy, several sessions are needed for a course of therapy.

CBT is a mixture of the two where you may benefit from changing both thoughts and behaviours. (Note: cognitive and behavioural therapies do not look into the events of the past. They deal with and aim to change, your current thought processes and/or behaviours.)

Counselling

In particular, counselling that focuses on problem-solving skills may help some people.

Anxiety management courses

These may be an option if they are available in your area. Some people prefer to be in a group course rather than have individual therapy or counselling. The courses may include learning how to relax, problem-solving skills, coping strategies and group support.
Spotting stress

Self-help

You can get leaflets, books, tapes, videos, etc on relaxation and combating stress. They teach simple deep-breathing techniques and other measures to relieve stress and help you to relax. They may ease anxiety symptoms. There are also websites offering self-help advice, treatment and support on the internet. - eg Fearfighter© (see Further Reading, below). See separate leaflet called Stress and Tips on How to Avoid it.

MAKE SURE YOU SEE A DOCTOR TOO!

More information at http://www.patient.co.uk/health/generalised-anxiety-disorder-leaflet
Re: A Nairalander Is Suffering From Anxiety Disorder, Please Help! by tolu4you: 8:54pm On Jul 03, 2014
Thanks alot @bushdoc. the type of anxiety disorder im suffering from is "panic disorder" and i dont know why. these are the symptoms im having: sweating, chest pain, palpitations etc.
Re: A Nairalander Is Suffering From Anxiety Disorder, Please Help! by kandeyc(m): 6:27am On Jul 04, 2014
This is a case of acute hypertension, you could get treated with so many therapies. Either by taking TCMs , regular exercising, Using massagers, or psychological treatment. In all you have to identify the root of the anxiety and do what is called Regressed Treatment. You could gime a call 08130886936
Re: A Nairalander Is Suffering From Anxiety Disorder, Please Help! by sd6: 6:05am On Jul 05, 2014
Please go to a govt hospital and see a psychiatrist. You ll get the solution you need. The symptoms you have are probably caused by serotonin imbalances in the nervous system. There could have been a time you worried so much about a particular issue that you felt so doomed and filled with constant fear leading your body to bouts of Fight and Flight responses. And when this happens, excessive adrenalin is released into the system leading to much selective serotonin re-uptake. This causes the brain to send wrong signals to your organs which will inturn mimick the symptoms you are having. Some other symptoms may include :
Feeling a lump in the throat
Breathing changes
Having jellylike feeling in your legs
Insomnia
Depersonalization disorder
Loss of appetite etc

However its important to note that these symptoms when experienced during panic attacks are just part of the body's Fight and Flight response and may not point to underlying medical conditions.

DISCLAIMER
This advice is from personal experience of panic attacks as am not a medical professional and therefore represents no diagnosis of your condition. So please see a doctor. A Psychiatrist prefarably.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Is Suffering From Anxiety Disorder, Please Help! by fittoux: 5:59pm On Jul 05, 2014
tolu4you: Thanks alot @bushdoc. the type of anxiety disorder im suffering from is "panic disorder" and i dont know why. these are the symptoms im having: sweating, chest pain, palpitations etc.
you have to start meditating on a regular basis.i'm sure it will work for you cause it worked and it's working for me.however,you should avoid staying alone most of the time,stay around your love ones,jovial people and whoever make you happy.i've been there before,mine may not be as serious though.it's nothing to worry much about cause the more you worry about it,the more severe you make it.relax about those things that make you think much,probably it's because of what you think you failed to do right in the past or the uncertainty of the future ahead,whichever way,panic disorder begins with depressing thoughts,so takecare of your thoughts. thinking of how you can change your past?learn how to let go and you'll be..start mindfulness meditation now and you'll thank me later..

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Is Suffering From Anxiety Disorder, Please Help! by fittoux: 6:24pm On Jul 05, 2014
..plus,if you're currently on any antidepressant pills,i'll advise you to stop it cause antidepressants seem to treat the symtoms and not the cause.antidepressant cnt treat or stop the way you think nor can it solve why you think it can only make you feel better for the moment.
you dnt have to fight your thoughts for they will gain strenght out of resistance,just observe them and let them go.dnt conclude on anything,'I DNT KNOW' ,'I'M HERE NOW','WHATEVER HAPPEN I'LL BE FINE AT THE END' let those phrases be your favourite..everything gon be alright stop trying to make it right in your mind.get outta your head and get in your heart i.e,stop thinking start feeling.meditate(breath conciously)you cnt think when you're concious of your breathing,the thoughts will only flow in then flow out.
do you read me mr/miss/mrs thinker?

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Is Suffering From Anxiety Disorder, Please Help! by tolu4you: 6:59pm On Jul 05, 2014
fittoux:
you have to start meditating on a regular basis.i'm sure it will work for you cause it worked and it's working for me.however,you should avoid staying alone most of the time,stay around your love ones,jovial people and whoever make you happy.i've been there before,mine may not be as serious though.it's nothing to worry much about cause the more you worry about it,the more severe you make it.relax about those things that make you think much,probably it's because of what you think you failed to do right in the past or the uncertainty of the future ahead,whichever way,panic disorder begins with depressing thoughts,so takecare of your thoughts. thinking of how you can change your past?learn how to let go and you'll be..start mindfulness meditation now and you'll thank me later..
Wow...... Thankx for this. This shud work
Re: A Nairalander Is Suffering From Anxiety Disorder, Please Help! by fittoux: 6:51am On Jul 06, 2014
kandeyc: This is a case of acute hypertension, you could get treated with so many therapies. Either by taking TCMs , regular exercising, Using massagers, or psychological treatment. In all you have to identify the root of the anxiety and do what is called Regressed Treatment. You could gime a call 08130886936
Acute hypertension?you gotta be kidding me
Re: A Nairalander Is Suffering From Anxiety Disorder, Please Help! by dunhill26(m): 6:58am On Jul 13, 2014
what you need is swissgarde stress active. it helps people with stress and anxiety. its a 100% vitamin and nutritional supplement. for more info, reach me through whatsapp or call 08183808324,08136478517
Re: A Nairalander Is Suffering From Anxiety Disorder, Please Help! by Bonethugss: 7:06pm On Jul 13, 2014
Come to Synapse Services located in Abuja, Wuse 2, they have consultant psychiatrists and clinical psychologist to assess you an likely prescribe medication. Or call 08152882329 www.synapseservices.org
Re: A Nairalander Is Suffering From Anxiety Disorder, Please Help! by gynny(f): 6:33pm On Jun 20, 2016
Re: A Nairalander Is Suffering From Anxiety Disorder, Please Help! by Nobody: 2:33pm On Aug 19, 2016
tolu please I need to speak with u. I will appreciate if u can drop ur contact plsss
Re: A Nairalander Is Suffering From Anxiety Disorder, Please Help! by Nobody: 2:34pm On Aug 19, 2016
tolu my number is 08163591322 I will appreciate just a flash so I can call u back
Re: A Nairalander Is Suffering From Anxiety Disorder, Please Help! by Youngetskilz23(m): 3:18pm On Oct 01, 2017
tolu my number is 08163591322 I will appreciate just a flash so I can call u back
embarassed
Re: A Nairalander Is Suffering From Anxiety Disorder, Please Help! by adejo007(m): 10:01am On Jul 04, 2018
Where is tolu please come back cry
Re: A Nairalander Is Suffering From Anxiety Disorder, Please Help! by Ojiako93(m): 11:38am On Nov 22, 2018
tolu4you:
Hello my fellow nairalander, i need your help. I know im
suffering from anxiety disorder right now and i have been
trying to control this but no good result. i need help
please.....

Hey, it's almost impossible to have someone admit to having anxiety disorder. That's the very first step in curing or at least handling the condition, because it's not a disease.
If you know and accept you have the condition, it means you can talk yourself down when you begin to get anxious (I know it's not as easy as it sounds, but trust me, it works).
I wrote an article on 6 ways to handle anxiety disorder, it's not exactly a one stop shop to curing your problem, but with an open mind, you might find the stuff there helpful.
Check it out @ https://fitnesszin.com/6-ways-to-relieve-anxiety-naturally/
Re: A Nairalander Is Suffering From Anxiety Disorder, Please Help! by AdamRichell: 12:42am On Nov 05, 2020
That's bad. You need a doctor...
Re: A Nairalander Is Suffering From Anxiety Disorder, Please Help! by Victor8st: 2:52pm On Nov 05, 2020
How do you feel now? I would offer to help you. Try to start by filling the bath with warm water and take a dip. Relax your muscles as consciously as possible. I would like to advise you to take a blanket after that and sit as long as possible. Maybe take a book, it helps a lot. This is all that helps from routine actions. But there are also kratom uei capsule, which will help you much more than any other activity. I drank a whole course and now I can feel much better than before. Write to me in PM
Re: A Nairalander Is Suffering From Anxiety Disorder, Please Help! by BalaklavaS: 2:48pm On Nov 18, 2020
It is very interesting, I've never took that in mind that kratom works like that
Re: A Nairalander Is Suffering From Anxiety Disorder, Please Help! by Dipoandrew: 9:43am On Nov 23, 2020
Speak with a doctor on www.CribMD.com
They are very affordable.

They can come to your house or do a virtual consultation with you depending on your choice. So you can save yourself the stress of going to the hospital and long queues. They also have an online pharmacy where you can order drugs and have it delivered to you.

I tried them when covid happened and I really enjoyed their service. Check them on www.CribMD.com
Re: A Nairalander Is Suffering From Anxiety Disorder, Please Help! by larrycomar: 1:40pm On May 08, 2021
Victor8st:
How do you feel now? I would offer to help you. Try to start by filling the bath with warm water and take a dip. Relax your muscles as consciously as possible. I would like to advise you to take a blanket after that and sit as long as possible. Maybe take a book, it helps a lot. This is all that helps from routine actions. But there are also kratom uei capsule, which will help you much more than any other activity. I drank a whole course and now I can feel much better than before. Write to me in PM
Pls I need your advice,I’m suffering from panic anxiety too.
Re: A Nairalander Is Suffering From Anxiety Disorder, Please Help! by EarlHall(m): 7:16pm On May 08, 2021
dunhill26:
what you need is swissgarde stress active. it helps people with stress and anxiety. its a 100% vitamin and nutritional supplement. for more info, reach me through whatsapp or call 08183808324,08136478517

Oga. Swiss Garde is not the same thing as a clinical diagnosis and treatment. Don't jump to advise someone to take it just to sell your product. You are not ethical in any way.
Re: A Nairalander Is Suffering From Anxiety Disorder, Please Help! by adejo007(m): 2:27pm On Jul 15, 2022
Hi poster, I'm so sorry to hear this. I've been there so l know how exactly you feel. What helped me is: reducing my sugar intake and lowering my blood pressure via intermittent fasting, taking green tea and maintaining a healthy life style. If u need further help, feel free to reach out. Take care ...
Re: A Nairalander Is Suffering From Anxiety Disorder, Please Help! by SimplePlan34: 3:39pm On Jul 15, 2022
No no no u where programmed to go through this. The creator made this so. God is a cosmic abuser and we are all his victims.
Re: A Nairalander Is Suffering From Anxiety Disorder, Please Help! by yemmit90: 10:19pm On Jul 15, 2022
The best method to overcome anxiety, panic attack and depression is to surrender your life to nature or God.

What I mean is that, you must force yourself to believe that whatever happen to you (good or bad), is for a reason. That nothing can happen to you without a reason.

In addition, take life simple, stop rationalizing everything that comes your way. Help others, especially with knowledges they can immensely benefited in.

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Tell My Wife That She Has STD? / COVID-19 Update For July 11 2021 In Nigeria / Reasons Why People YAWN?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.