Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,556 members, 7,809,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:19 PM

71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG (14151 Views)

Only Seen On Lagos Roads (photo) / Photo: Which Would Be Your Pick For Use On Nigerian Roads? / The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG by ziziponsche(m): 10:56pm On Jul 03, 2014
theshadyexpress: JULY 3, 2014 BY OKECHUKWU NNODIM, ABUJA
Leave a Comment
The Federal Government on Thursday said over 71 per cent of federal roads in Nigeria are currently in good condition and are motorable.

It said a total of N1.469tr had been spent on federal roads across the six geopolitical zones in the country since 2011.

The Minister of Works, Mr. Mike Onolememen, stated that from about 5,000km of fair roads in 2011, Nigeria currently has about 25,000km of the 35,000km of federal roads in good and motorable condition.

Onolememen, in a statement from the Federal Ministry of Works, said the present administration inherited federal roads which were generally described as “death traps,” as many road projects were either abandoned or moving at snail speed due to paucity of funds.

According to him, some roads alignments in Nigeria presently, can compete favorably with roads in the developed parts of the world.

He added that throughout the six geo-political zones, travel times had reduced between origins and destinations, cost of vehicle maintenance had drastically reduced, while accidents and carnage on Nigerian roads had dropped due to better pavement design and construction.

Onolememen said economic goods were better distributed through the nation’s arterial roads with better turn-around times that lead to more profits for entrepreneurs.

The minister said the ministry was currently executing 184 contracts across the country, majority of which were inherited by the present administration.

He stated that progress had been made with the rehabilitation, construction and expansion of key arterial projects.

Onolememen outlined some of the challenges faced by his ministry since assumption of duty to include the insurgency in the North-East, excess axle load of trucks beyond acceptable tonnage on highways and indiscriminate cutting across the highways.

Others include burning of tyres on the roads, erection of bumps on roads, destruction of road furniture as well as encroachment on right of ways.

The statement noted that 30 road projects with total length of 1255.1km, worth N275.6bn, had been executed in the North-Central zone.

It said 27 projects with a length of 1287.7km and total cost of N319.1bn were executed in the North-East, while the North-West had 20 projects, 1040.2km long, and worth N157.1m.

The South-East, South-South and South-West, according to the statement, had 45, 32 and 30 road projects executed in the zones respectively.

It noted that with the advent of the Subsidy Reinvestment and Empowerment Programme, the government recorded remarkable progress in 2013 on the dualisation of four key arterial roads across the country.

http://www.punchng.com/news/71-federal-roads-now-motorable-fg/#respond

I don hia. Even minister wey go commision road sef go carry plane to nearby city. Well its lovely to look @ dose roads from d sky.....maybe he meant skyview stats.

1 Like

Re: 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG by Atigba: 11:02pm On Jul 03, 2014
Confirmed! GEJ TILL 2019
Re: 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jul 03, 2014
Nosurrenda: Fed govt has 71% to boast of but Lagos govt has less than 20%, they just believe in planting flowers.
...ah!...you don't mean it...obviously you don't know the state roads in Lagos
Re: 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jul 03, 2014
Atigba: Confirmed! GEJ TILL 2019
...i reserve my comment. I will support you if you can give me a cogent reason why he should still be in that government house....a good reason
Re: 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG by mike404(m): 11:33pm On Jul 03, 2014
Afritop: What technique and tool did they use to measure road for them to arrive at that percentage. Shey na ruler or tape
tools like logic and reasons. EWU NAMA
Re: 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG by Funniez: 11:37pm On Jul 03, 2014
71% for real Who did that calculation?? Was it with ruler or tape they u used in measuring it Is it the FG roads in all the states or the ones in Abuja?? Besides, picture or......... You know na!:-)
Re: 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG by elipheleh(m): 1:06am On Jul 04, 2014
wellmax: FG, when will you remember Apapa - Oshodi road?

This road leads to your busiest port.

mumu, apapa-oshodi na ferderal road? meet Fashola for that road. OLODO
Re: 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG by bashydemy(m): 6:17am On Jul 04, 2014
elipheleh:
Which planet ediots come from? You mean Oshodi Apapa road is now state road? I wonder if you know about Govt and its properties at all. Lagos/badagry express road come to mind, Lagos Ibadan express road, Lagos Abeokuta Express road.. should i keep going?
Re: 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG by melvin0004(m): 7:03am On Jul 04, 2014
71% ke what about nnewi to okigwe road.since I was born dat road remained dsame,veri bad.I think its d worst I hv ever seen
Re: 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG by beezman(m): 7:37am On Jul 04, 2014
Our current federal government is a mighty joke,they keep rubbishing themselves by always coming on the media(t.v,print,radio etc.)by claiming to do works they didn't.as if Nigerians are dumbs,na wah ooo I can't phantom.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG by fm7070: 8:05am On Jul 04, 2014
i don't know what this people take Nigerians for.
Their claim is false.
If they said 30% of federal road is motorable, I may accept that
Re: 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG by anonimi: 8:06am On Jul 04, 2014
doctimi: These are federal roads I plied last month.... It seems all politicians received special anointing from the pit of hell to lie.

the windscreen of that your car/vehicle is also 71% motorable with all the cracks thereon grin cheesy shocked
Re: 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG by Hasselbaink: 8:46am On Jul 04, 2014
anonimi:

the windscreen of that your car/vehicle is also 71% motorable with all the cracks thereon grin cheesy shocked

It's the Federal Govt. 'Motorable Roads' that shattered that windscreen bro cheesy cheesy grin
Re: 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG by wellmax(m): 9:04am On Jul 04, 2014
elipheleh:

See how you came on NL to showcase your stupity.
If you are this ignorant, why not ask. Mumu exemplified.
Apapa-Oshodi na your papa lane abi?
Re: 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG by doctimi(m): 9:04am On Jul 04, 2014
anonimi:

I was travelling from PH to Bayelsa, just around Mbiam village...loose granites flew from the other side of the road (which they claim is motorable) and inflicted the crack on the car windscreen. Within few days, the crack spreaded like virus. What shall I do than to praise the FG for their motorable roads that keep inflicting pains on its users.

undecided undecided cry
Re: 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG by jdilight(m): 10:16am On Jul 04, 2014
himkers: Lies from pit of hell shocked

This lies makes me wanna cry

how do you prove is a lie?

1 Like

Re: 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG by Nobody: 10:18am On Jul 04, 2014
jdilight:

how do you prove is a lie?

Are U in Nigeria?
Re: 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG by jdilight(m): 10:21am On Jul 04, 2014
theshadyexpress: JULY 3, 2014 BY OKECHUKWU NNODIM, ABUJA
Leave a Comment
The Federal Government on Thursday said over 71 per cent of federal roads in Nigeria are currently in good condition and are motorable.

It said a total of N1.469tr had been spent on federal roads across the six geopolitical zones in the country since 2011.

The Minister of Works, Mr. Mike Onolememen, stated that from about 5,000km of fair roads in 2011, Nigeria currently has about 25,000km of the 35,000km of federal roads in good and motorable condition.

Onolememen, in a statement from the Federal Ministry of Works, said the present administration inherited federal roads which were generally described as “death traps,” as many road projects were either abandoned or moving at snail speed due to paucity of funds.

According to him, some roads alignments in Nigeria presently, can compete favorably with roads in the developed parts of the world.

He added that throughout the six geo-political zones, travel times had reduced between origins and destinations, cost of vehicle maintenance had drastically reduced, while accidents and carnage on Nigerian roads had dropped due to better pavement design and construction.

Onolememen said economic goods were better distributed through the nation’s arterial roads with better turn-around times that lead to more profits for entrepreneurs.

The minister said the ministry was currently executing 184 contracts across the country, majority of which were inherited by the present administration.

He stated that progress had been made with the rehabilitation, construction and expansion of key arterial projects.

Onolememen outlined some of the challenges faced by his ministry since assumption of duty to include the insurgency in the North-East, excess axle load of trucks beyond acceptable tonnage on highways and indiscriminate cutting across the highways.

Others include burning of tyres on the roads, erection of bumps on roads, destruction of road furniture as well as encroachment on right of ways.

The statement noted that 30 road projects with total length of 1255.1km, worth N275.6bn, had been executed in the North-Central zone.

It said 27 projects with a length of 1287.7km and total cost of N319.1bn were executed in the North-East, while the North-West had 20 projects, 1040.2km long, and worth N157.1m.

The South-East, South-South and South-West, according to the statement, had 45, 32 and 30 road projects executed in the zones respectively.

It noted that with the advent of the Subsidy Reinvestment and Empowerment Programme, the government recorded remarkable progress in 2013 on the dualisation of four key arterial roads across the country.

http://www.punchng.com/news/71-federal-roads-now-motorable-fg/#respond

Most of the people disputing this statistics believe that Nigeria start and end in their little locality. From mine assessment of the journey I took from east to Lagos, I believe the federal government is right. That your little locality has not benefited doesn't mean others has not benefited. 71% IS NOT 100%, the train will soon reach your location - JEG IS WORKING (TEAMFRESHAIR)

1 Like

Re: 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG by jdilight(m): 10:39am On Jul 04, 2014
himkers:

Are U in Nigeria?

Yes, as I traveled from Abia state to Lagos, we never met any bad road. Hope you know the distance involved.

1 Like

Re: 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG by Chimex388: 11:13am On Jul 04, 2014
Come to Oka federal road in Akoko southwest Local Govt Ondo state..u go revert 4rm 71% to 2%
Re: 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG by austinreal1: 11:54am On Jul 04, 2014
there is a drastic development in terms of road construction in the country. my own rating is 35% completion. we still have a lot to do to compare ourselves with the western world in the area of good road.

1 Like

Re: 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG by jokotus: 12:11pm On Jul 04, 2014
Please, the minister should stop giving wrong imformation about nigeria road to Mr president. where are the good road in Nigeria? may be Abuja or Bayelsa state.
Re: 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG by elipheleh(m): 12:23pm On Jul 04, 2014
bashy_demy: Which planet ediots come from? You mean Oshodi Apapa road is now state road? I wonder if you know about Govt and its properties at all. Lagos/badagry express road come to mind, Lagos Ibadan express road, Lagos Abeokuta Express road.. should i keep going?

mumu federal road only joins inter-states . no be your oshodi- apapa nonsense. Go learn
Re: 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG by anonimi: 12:24pm On Jul 04, 2014
doctimi:
I was travelling from PH to Bayelsa, just around Mbiam village...loose granites flew from the other side of the road (which they claim is motorable) and inflicted the crack on the car windscreen. Within few days, the crack spreaded like virus. What shall I do than to praise the FG for their motorable roads that keep inflicting pains on its users.

undecided undecided cry

Could the "loose granites" be the result of construction work on the road at the time

How many of us have wondered what % of ALL roads in the country are actually federal roads as opposed to those FEEDER roads ( directly in front of our houses, shops, businesses, offices etc) under the care of the various states and LGAs. angry
Can we compare the actual state of these FEEDER roads and developments thereon in the past three/four years to the efforts by the Jonathan administration
That would be an interesting exercise, wouldn't it?

1 Like

Re: 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jul 04, 2014
jdilight:

Most of the people disputing this statistics believe that Nigeria start and end in their little locality. From mine assessment of the journey I took from east to Lagos , I believe the federal government is right. That your little locality has not benefited doesn't mean others has not benefited. 71% IS NOT 100%, the train will soon reach your location - JEG IS WORKING (TEAMFRESHAIR)

I believe you are not exempted from your first sentence. And mind you part of that East (Benin) - Lagos road where done by state govt (at least I knew of two states) as at mid of last year were yet to be re-imbursed for the cost of construction before FG start her reconstruction just because of an outcry/threat he received from one of the campaigns/rally as at that time, the same goes to Lagos - Ibadan expressway.
Only Ogun State govt choose not to do anything on all Federal roads in the state and Lagos had sometime in some four to five years back declare his intention to make part of Lagos - Ibadan (i.e. Lagos/Sagamu) six lane even had rally and gotten supports of the Churches with Camps along the road (RCCG and MFM in particular) but was turn down by FG and the then Ogun State Governor just because of political differences.
Re: 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG by Sagamite(m): 7:27pm On Jul 04, 2014
saxywale: GEJ's advisers are crooks...

GEJ is a crook!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Car Was Seized By Lastma For Not Having Lagos Drivers Sticker. / Blown Head Gasket: Detailed Explanation / Amazing New Cars From The 2019 Geneva Motor Show

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.