Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,333 members, 7,780,873 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:27 AM

DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along - Fashion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along (305894 Views)

Free DIY Handfans, Wire works, Bead works, Ankara bangles e.t.c Tutorials / A “SEW ALONG” THREAD For Sewing Enthusiasts/Tailors/Fashion Designers:DECEMBER / That's Sew Naija! - Fashion Designers,tailors,accessory/jewelry Makers, Join In! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jul 16, 2015
@Sexysteal.....location is in Gbagada. Let's chat on whatsapp 08122632245. Thx.
Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by ladypinkky(f): 1:17pm On Jul 24, 2015
arakulture:
Hello AraDivas, missed u lovelies, been so hectic lately but am bit free now. Yeah.
Free Class.
Will be taking some projects and also have a new channel now "AraSewAlong" so Search and add urself, starting from d basics...C003A1BE0. (Note) I will teach only what I want and answer questions base on a particular topic.
Paid Class.
Also. For those outside lagos or within lagos or busy execs who wants to learn fashion designs but have tight schedule, I have good news for u, you can learn now from the comfort of your home anywhere in d world. If interested send me a whatsapp on +2348122632245.
Register for our Foundation Class or Advance Class. Send an enquiry to 08122632245 or mail: arakultureng@gmail.com
please is your office in Lagos or Abuja

1 Like

Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by imfab: 12:19am On Jul 28, 2015
[color=#000099][/color]Hi all, av been thru ths thread frm d beginning nd wonder if its still active?

1 Like

Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by phorlermary(f): 3:07pm On Jul 28, 2015
smileyglad I'm in this forum...my question is about breast pad top
Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jul 28, 2015
Hello house yes it is, been very busy, bear with me guys.

1 Like

Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by phorlermary(f): 8:23am On Jul 29, 2015
So when am I getting my response
Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by imfab: 5:20pm On Jul 29, 2015
Go thru the previous pages, u ll get enuff info to enlighten u
Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by phorlermary(f): 6:21am On Jul 30, 2015
There is no talk on how to cut breastpad..trust me iv gone thru the threads
Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by EniolaBabs10: 9:14am On Jul 30, 2015
@arakulture, hello ma. Pls I have been trying to subscribe to ur bbm channel but I cant find it.
Pls can you give a tutorial on how to make female ankara jacket. Thank you ma and God bless you richly in Jesus name. Amen

1 Like

Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by iclass: 12:51pm On Jul 30, 2015
@arakulture, Can't find your channel on bbm
Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by imfab: 10:11pm On Jul 31, 2015
iclass:
@arakulture, Can't find your channel on bbm
Go to the options menu, click channels, search pin nd u Ll find it.
Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by Nobody: 9:08am On Aug 01, 2015
Hello everyone, I have read all the comments and all. The purpose of this thread is to teach certain things I want to teach at my convenient time.

Join my new channel. It will be fun.
Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by EniolaBabs10: 2:53pm On Aug 01, 2015
I dont understand anymore. I went to channels, den search channels, den I imputed d channel pin but no result. I'm I d only one? I really wanna learn more tru dis channel. Pls help. Tnx
Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by everymade: 3:06pm On Aug 01, 2015
wow shocked cool diy,i also like handmade and diy,because i also handmade sometime, shocked think about don't need to buy any dresses from shop ?
Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by Nobody: 10:03pm On Aug 02, 2015
Channel Pin is C003A1BE0 try and search, still waiting for more people to join.
Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by phorlermary(f): 6:55am On Aug 03, 2015
Yes,the channel pin is actually not responding
Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by noncy21: 9:05am On Aug 03, 2015
hi house. wat of those dat are not on bbm ma? anything for us? tnx
Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by Mszinny(f): 10:42am On Aug 03, 2015
Channel pin is not working Oooo

1 Like

Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by EniolaBabs10: 6:06pm On Aug 03, 2015
@arakultureI just tried now, its still not responding. I think I have tried, guess I will jst stick arnd nairaland for ur tutorial. Tnk u
Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by muaa(f): 5:08am On Aug 04, 2015
Tnks to BImbam and araculture. This thread has been helpful.
Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by Nobody: 5:17pm On Aug 05, 2015
Sorry guys check d channel now it will be accessible.
Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by omoze13: 3:59pm On Aug 10, 2015
Hi everyone am new, and @ kemesty welldone I appreciate what u ar doing
Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by iclass: 3:38pm On Aug 19, 2015
phorlermary:
Yes,the channel pin is actually not responding

Mszinny:
Channel pin is not working Oooo

EniolaBabs10:
@arakultureI just tried now, its still not responding. I think I have tried, guess I will jst stick arnd nairaland for ur tutorial. Tnk u

Hello all! Just search for Arasew or Arasewalong on bbm channels and you will get it. The pin is C003A1BE0 .
Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by Nobody: 11:58am On Aug 20, 2015
Hello AraDivas.

Introducing our (PAID TUTORIALS) Short Courses.
1. Short Course on blouses, Tops and dresses
Duration: 1month
After payment).
2. Short Courses on Bottoms - Skirts,Trousers
Duration: 1month
After payment).

Having challenge in certain areas? Give us a calls. Who can register? Sewers having challenges in certain areas.

For beginners: Register for our foundation trainings.

To register: send a whatsapp only: 08122632245 or call: 08055471312. Full details will be given wen you chat with us.

1 Like

Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by Nobody: 8:43pm On Aug 28, 2015
For your trendy tops, bags at affordable prices....add BB: 55F5502B
Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by 321ray: 12:01am On Oct 04, 2015
What does HTH means. And seriously comending your efforts. I can say that I'm good at sewing too and can tell that you're good as well, but as in but, you don't complete a work before u go to another. The expected followers are meant to be novice and not professionals like arakulture et al na. So u r to take ur time to wait for them or detail your explanations from head to toes. Just an observation babes. Just came across this tonight and read it into to. I used to follow the late onari and also valismo. I think it willl also be good to start from the simple ones to the hard ones. You joined the thread and brought breat cut immediately! Chai!!! The six pieces wasn't eeven concluded. If you ask me, fashion has come to simple but classy, do such to wake their enthusiasm. Things like fitted buba, straight dresses with pleats, knee length gowns..., don't make it too complex na. Thanks for understanding.
bimbam:

To insert a godet (which is what the triangle piece is called), you sew it to the skirt pieces before you sew the skirt.

Take one skirt piece (SP), and at the hem line, pin one side of the godet to one side of the SP (right sides together). Now, with the godet facing up, sew a seam from the hemline all the way to the end of the godet and make two or three stitches extra on to the SP.

Next, take the next SP of your 6 piece skirt and pin one side of it to the other side of the godet you just attached (right sides together). With godet side facing up, put your machine's needle as close to the stitching on the other side of the godet as possible. Make sure that fabric from the other side of the godet is not under your work. Sew your seam towards the hemline. Once done, pin the two SPs together and then stitch a seam that is starts exactly at the tip of the triangle or the godet.

If this is not clear, you can google "insert a godet".

HTH
Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by 321ray: 12:11am On Oct 04, 2015
Your channel is not active at the moment. I think u r the most patient of the teachers. Being the owner of the thread, let whatever a supporting teacher brings be completed maybe even by you by foto or a completed work to ginger the followers. I am a tailor and I understand that fashion is not easy until u become a pro. Do u get. Cheers
arakulture:
Hello everyone, I have read all the comments and all. The purpose of this thread is to teach certain things I want to teach at my convenient time.

Join my new channel. It will be fun.
Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by Nobody: 9:55pm On Oct 06, 2015
@321ray thanks for you comment. I tried using a supporting teacher but the experience wasn't so favourable and that's one of the reasons I stop posting for a while, though I am very busy running certain projects and all I decided to take a little break from nairaland and thus the creation of our bb channel its active and we have completed 2 projects search for Arakulture sewalong
Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by cc150615(f): 2:58pm On Dec 27, 2015
Nice stuff happening here
Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by cc150615(f): 3:33pm On Dec 27, 2015
Okay, I can't seem to find a thread that answers my question...I need to buy an electric sewing machine preferably singer...I know I can get at idumota but I kinda av a phobia for such places (if you know wat I mean) so I really need suggestions of any other places I can get a good one in lagos....please originality an durability is key so i'll like someone to suggest a place you have bought from before Nd you enjoyed the product, nd yes I wouldn't mind home delivery....offcos at a reasonable price...simplejane's prices seem to be off da hook.
I need a much responses as I can get biko
Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by Laeroy(f): 7:05am On Jan 07, 2016
Are U a resident in Ijebu ode part of Ogun state, Do u av a good gashion school, or U are an instructor on the basics of sewing, please drop your contact....I'M highly interested in learning his skill.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

My Crochet Fantasy / ~The Fashion Section Rules ~Guidelines & Queries ~ / How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.