Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,932 members, 7,799,150 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:06 PM

Stories From Sunday School - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Stories From Sunday School (1682 Views)

6 Reasons Sunday School Is Important In Your Christian Life / Sunday School Lessons: What Do You Gain To Share With Others? / Stories From Sunday School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stories From Sunday School by Chrisbenogor(m): 9:19pm On Oct 06, 2008
No reason was given for the locking of the thread and nobody screamed it should be opened. I am not surprised sha, anyway sunday school meets here next sunday
Re: Stories From Sunday School by davidylan4(m): 8:54pm On Oct 07, 2008
Where's the sunday school teacher? shocked
Re: Stories From Sunday School by Chrisbenogor(m): 9:00pm On Oct 07, 2008
We kinda rotate ourselves you want to teach some sunday slots are open grin
Re: Stories From Sunday School by davidylan4(m): 9:00pm On Oct 07, 2008
i dont know anything, i'd prefer to learn at thy footstool.
Re: Stories From Sunday School by Chrisbenogor(m): 9:13pm On Oct 07, 2008
i don't know anything, i'D prefer to learn at thy footstool.

ROTFLMAO did you catch something david, abi you plan to eliminate me with laughter grin
Re: Stories From Sunday School by davidylan4(m): 9:14pm On Oct 07, 2008
Eliminate you ke? abeg teacher teach us o, we are itching to learn.
Re: Stories From Sunday School by Chrisbenogor(m): 9:21pm On Oct 07, 2008
So all the teach wey I teach for the other thread you miss am chei na wa, today no be sunday oh, on sunday by 8 in the morning baff wear cloth come sidon here teacher must dey. grin grin
Re: Stories From Sunday School by davidylan4(m): 9:23pm On Oct 07, 2008
no shaking. come sunday i dey here kampe.

What about weekly bible study?
Re: Stories From Sunday School by Obalende: 10:25pm On Oct 07, 2008
i was suprised no body was able to answer the prophet and the kids (2 kings) question posed in a seperate thread.

Here is the answer from God Himself:

But who are you, O man, to talk back to God? "Shall what is formed say to him who formed it, 'Why did you make me like this?' "Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for noble purposes and some for common use? (Romans 9:20-21)

Secondly let the people who twist and make fun of the old testament realise that you are just one of the various creation God has made. Angels dont question God, who are you oh man! grin

You can see that God reserves the right to add you to those kids!
Re: Stories From Sunday School by Obalende: 10:39pm On Oct 07, 2008
God knows what He is doing. full stop.
Re: Stories From Sunday School by bawomolo(m): 4:05am On Oct 08, 2008
when is my turn to teach grin
Re: Stories From Sunday School by Cayon(f): 6:46am On Oct 08, 2008
Judges chapters 13 - 16 Samson and Delilah, how did Samson get his strength?
Would you say that the source of his strength was the Lord or his hair.
Re: Stories From Sunday School by Chrisbenogor(m): 9:06am On Oct 08, 2008
@david
Eh I get life outside nairaland oh lol, but you fit open that thread we go dey do am small small.
@bawomolo
No wahala brother just tell us where you go teach and when you go teach so we go arrange am put for you.
@cayon
Nne me I no know oh but if you wan teach us feel free.
Re: Stories From Sunday School by obinna5000(m): 2:07pm On Oct 08, 2008
@Chrisbenogor
WOW! So somebody that does not believe in God or knows nothing about Jesus Christ can be thinking about Sunday school.
What will you be telling your students? That there is nothing like God but there is Satan.
Please tell me O!
Re: Stories From Sunday School by JJYOU: 2:16pm On Oct 08, 2008
obinna5000:

@Chrisbenogor
WOW! So somebody that does not believe in God or knows nothing about Jesus Christ can be thinking about Sunday school.
What will you be telling your students? That there is nothing like God but there is Satan.
Please tell me O!

confussion101 class. restless sinners always get work. they draw attention to the God and bible they try to undermine. God will always make it for good
Re: Stories From Sunday School by obinna5000(m): 2:20pm On Oct 08, 2008
@JJYOU
If u can read some of the anti-christ remarks Chrisbenogor makes, you will not want him to establish sunday school.
Chrisbenogor is living a delusional world of self righteousness and unbelief that will never get him anywhere.
Re: Stories From Sunday School by JJYOU: 2:31pm On Oct 08, 2008
i said confussion101.

i believe Christianity has stood the test of time. remember paul? these are small men. whatever men mean for evil God can always use to do a greater good

i love this song please enjoy

"I dreamed that the great judgment morning

Had dawned, and the trumpet had blown;

I dreamed that the nations had gathered

To judgment before the white throne;

From the throne came a bright shining angel,

And he stood on the land and the sea,

And he swore with his hand raised to Heaven,

That time was no longer to be.

The rich man was there, but his money

Had melted and vanished away;

A pauper he stood in the judgment,

His debts were too heavy to pay;

The great man was there, but his greatness,

When death came, was left far behind!

The angel that opened the records,

Not a trace of his greatness could find.

The gambler was there and the drunkard,

And the man that had sold them the drink,

With the people who gave him the license,

Together in hell they did sink.

The moral man came to the judgment,

But self righteous rags would not do;

The men who had crucified Jesus

Had passed off as moral men, too;

The soul that had put off salvation,

“Not tonight; I’ll get saved by and by,

No time now to think of religion!”

At last they had found time to die."

And O, what a weeping and wailing,

As the lost were told of their fate;

They cried for the rocks and the mountains,

They prayed, but their prayer was too late."
Re: Stories From Sunday School by Nimshi: 3:47pm On Oct 08, 2008
Oh!

they locked the thread?

Jeez! What's wrong with these people?!

I go away for a few days and you guys get me sacked?

Religious tolerance 's got a long long way to do.

Anyways, Chris, well done, good job.

Where were we? Moses: Egyptian prince, murderer, fugitive, and quite an erratic fellow yet named "meekest man", or meekest of all men? Pleeeaase!
Re: Stories From Sunday School by Nimshi: 3:49pm On Oct 08, 2008
Not to forget: Samson.

Samson, all brawn, no brain. It's amazing people name their children after this dumb guy.
Re: Stories From Sunday School by Nimshi: 3:52pm On Oct 08, 2008
And, er, Naomi. Ruth. Boaz.

Naomi's the senior love-vendor, perhaps the first female love-vendor.

And Ruth; hmnn. Moabitess, and - as one other Christian poster noted - an ancestor(ess) of the Lord Jesus.

Question: if ancestor, then through whom? Joseph? Mary?

Joseph don't count, would he?

So then, is Mary a descendant of Ruth? Woa!

Re: Stories From Sunday School by Chrisbenogor(m): 5:15pm On Oct 08, 2008
@nimshi
Make I answer you first, yeah man they did and I asked why on the nairaland board and AKO said something about closing it because we were the only ones responding there you can imagine! shocked shocked

@Obinna50000000000 and JJJJJJJJYYYYYOU

Guys wetin I do una na, can I not express myself on nairaland again? I was posting all along on this thread https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-176572.32.html did you guys not see it
why did you not respond to the questions that were taught that they.

You are typical christian sitting there and passing judgment in matters you know nothing about, you dont even know jack about the bible you are talking about, I know the christians on this forum who know their onions but even 12 battalions made of you I will crush without lifting a finger. See me I like to play well well but I never like to get personal because when it does it gets ugly and as you said I am "antichrist" maybe I like ugly so watch it dudes angry I am not one to sit around and watch you diss me, angry stick to the issues.

@nimshi
back to you jare yeah I always wondered about samson maybe you should feel us in, and then I will finish naming the death penalties for failing to obey the commandments.
Re: Stories From Sunday School by davidylan4(m): 5:51pm On Oct 08, 2008
Nimshi:

Religious tolerance 's got a long long way to do.

thou hypocrite. Start with islam.
Re: Stories From Sunday School by Chrisbenogor(m): 6:05pm On Oct 08, 2008
@david
how body (just asking because you never say how you dey grin) me I am surprised each time you say nimshi is a muslim, maybe I am misinformed about them or maybe he belongs to a sect me I dont know about.
Re: Stories From Sunday School by davidylan4(m): 6:12pm On Oct 08, 2008
Chrisbenogor:

@david
how body (just asking because you never say how you dey grin) me I am surprised each time you say nimshi is a muslim, maybe I am misinformed about them or maybe he belongs to a sect me I don't know about.

my brother, bodi dey inside cloth. grin God is able . . .

Nimshi is a muslim.
Re: Stories From Sunday School by Chrisbenogor(m): 6:16pm On Oct 08, 2008
@david
Ok oh I throway salute, nimshi muslim mind boggling, how did he overcome all those hatred and know know that characterizes most of them, he even does not seem to like all those stoning and cutting things practiced na wa wonderful shall not end.
Re: Stories From Sunday School by davidylan4(m): 6:21pm On Oct 08, 2008
Chrisbenogor:

@david
Ok oh I throway salute, nimshi muslim mind boggling, how did he overcome all those hatred and know know that characterizes most of them, he even does not seem to like all those stoning and cutting things practiced na wa wonderful shall not end.

He is just one of the very few smart muslims who know that the tenets of the sharia law and the hatred that almost all muslims seem to be able to muster anytime Jesus Christ is mentioned no longer sits well with western civilization.
Re: Stories From Sunday School by AKO1(m): 9:02pm On Oct 08, 2008
Re: Stories From Sunday School by Chrisbenogor(m): 9:48pm On Oct 08, 2008
@A_K_O
I replied there issue officially closed
Re: Stories From Sunday School by Chrisbenogor(m): 8:29am On Oct 12, 2008
@all
Welcome to sunday school today, due to a technical hitch we would be holding sunday school at this new site freshly built for us. Again our mission here is not to "diss" the bible but to examine issues in the bible and try to relate them to our world today, furthermore we ask questions and allow our panel of esteemed christians and others who have opinions weigh in on the issues without prejudice or bad blood. In the end we will try to come to a unanimous conclusion about the issue that was raised for the day.
I want to implore everyone to refrain from personal attacks, for example you can say an idea is not quite rightsmiley but not the person, e no easy but we all go try.
Coming up next is what we have to do for today.
Cheers.
Re: Stories From Sunday School by Okijajuju1(m): 8:45am On Oct 12, 2008
Chrisbenogor:

@all
Welcome to sunday school today, due to a technical hitch we would be holding sunday school at this new site freshly built for us. Again our mission here is not to "diss" the bible but to examine issues in the bible and try to relate them to our world today, furthermore we ask questions and allow our panel of esteemed christians and others who have opinions weigh in on the issues without prejudice or bad blood. In the end we will try to come to a unanimous conclusion about the issue that was raised for the day.
I want to implore everyone to refrain from personal attacks, for example you can say an idea is not quite rightsmiley but not the person, e no easy but we all go try.
Coming up next is what we have to do for today.
Cheers.

Pastor Chris grin

I am officially signing up for this sunday school o!! Hope we dont put offerings here. grin
Anyways, whats the lesson for today??
Re: Stories From Sunday School by Chrisbenogor(m): 9:11am On Oct 12, 2008
@okija_juju
Nothing do you my brother you are welikom, eh I for use ushers to collect the money but people for nairaland too get sense lol.
Re: Stories From Sunday School by Chrisbenogor(m): 9:22am On Oct 12, 2008
Ok people for the topic of the day, I would like to borrow a few techniques from esteemed bible teachers so our major topic is going to be a series with different parts. The parts will allow us to keep being focused while achieving our main goal and these parts will be made up of stories in the bible hence the name stories from sunday school.
So our major series name is :
Morality & Moral symmetry in the bible as regards to the nature of God.

Preamble coming up next.

(1) (2) (Reply)

As A Christian What Can You Do When You Are Hot? / Accept/Reject The Holy Spirit As Another Comforter If You know the nature of Fmr / Bishop Emmah Isong's Predictions For 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.