Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,131 members, 7,807,430 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:22 PM

7hours Before Dawn (scary) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 7hours Before Dawn (scary) (6703 Views)

Blood And Thunder (Dawn Of Justice) / Story: A New Dawn / Kole Omotosho's Just Before Dawn E-book (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

7hours Before Dawn (scary) by tmx21(m): 10:23am On Jul 04, 2014

"O...Ok.. I'm doomed... I'm doomed... I'm doomed.. No!!!" i yelled shivering and clearly listening to the sound of my heart beating faster than Bolt's legs "I killed Him... I killed Tunde... Did I?" i asked watching uncontrollable tears run down my shivering cheeks - sitting at the corner of an empty room, blood all over the white walls and it seems hell was set loose within me. The sound of my voice echoes deeply and i sounded monstrous. "ok calm...calm down - am all alone here, am sure i didn't Kill tunde" opening my palms and seeing the table knife within my right palm, covered in blood "i didn't! No I didn't... That unknown mo...mo..monster did, right?" i adjusted my position at the corner where i sat, folding my legs so that my knees was adjacent my breast and my arms placed around my knees, my left hand was wrapped around my right wrist that holds the Knife and i can feel drops of blood from the edge of the knife touching my bare feet. I bowed my head giving me only one place to see - the blood stained tiles. "cant i just die...die...die and die" i was sweating nervously and my tears strolling down between my Naked lips. I was freezing When i suddenly heard a plate fell "its here again" i muttered, stood up wishing the walls would welcome me into it. "its here... What should i do?... What have i done?" I was getting up and moving close to the door which was ajar... I walked like a nurse on duty trying not to make the faintest noise with my feet. I covered firmly my mouth with my blood-stained left palm and held the knife on the other hand tight like i was going vampire-haunting. I stepped cautiously with great fear encamping my entire body. I walked towards a place that seems like the kitchen expecting to see the monster. I moved ghostly frightened to death, muttering my last prayers. I got to the entrance and the door was closed, i closed my eyes... My heart almost jumping off my chest... I opened slightly with great fear and took three step inside, the wind was scurry, darkness overwhelmed me but i was sure nothing was there. I took a deep sigh, dropped the knife, i was turning back when i saw it... The best i could do was shout "mummy!!!" and everything fades out

2 Likes

Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by tmx21(m): 10:43am On Jul 04, 2014
This is my first story here on NL and am so dedicating this to my e-family: lanicky cheriepet, charijee kingphillip, jefferyjames king tom, sucobaba Miracy xtarxhyne lorlaahlozz, prettyspicy missyhorlah, jennimma, dave p, *who else* and also a big thank u to sammy hoe.
I'll be updating constantly and seriously, your comment and undiscriminating criticism is welcomed. Leggo...

3 Likes

Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by Therock5555(m): 10:52am On Jul 04, 2014
Did I hear u say trice a week, ahhh am out of here
Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by tmx21(m): 11:00am On Jul 04, 2014
The rock5555: Did I hear u say trice a week, ahhh am out of here
nah! That will be at my worst. It might be everyday
Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by Lorlaahlozz: 11:10am On Jul 04, 2014
Let's get started

1 Like

Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by JeffreyJamez(m): 11:11am On Jul 04, 2014
Hmmmmmm..... Chilling
Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by Miracy(f): 11:20am On Jul 04, 2014
Nice...following... smiley

1 Like

Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by Nobody: 11:41am On Jul 04, 2014
Following

1 Like

Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by noble4d(m): 11:44am On Jul 04, 2014
Good start bro

1 Like

Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jul 04, 2014
Ur switat ws here cheesy

1 Like

Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by tmx21(m): 2:16pm On Jul 04, 2014

~Anabella~
I was so busy with my old computer system trying to fetch information from my best e-friend 'google'. Shortly have i started than i heard the squeaking sound of my door opening slightly. I clamp-close my laptop as if i were a secret agent being fed with top secret of an organization and i vaguely turned my head towards the direction of the door without possibly moving my whole body except my shoulders and, of course, my neck. In the course of giving attention to the incoming person, i tried to figure out in my uneasy head who would actually bang into my room without prior notice to knock ...that would be only dad and I'm sure he would have been off to work at this hour which really left me curious enough to the walking in of the intruder.
While still in this seconds-thought, I heard a very huge, hoarse and deep dark voice "Bella join me in the sitting room" the voice was about living when i head the finishing of the preceeding command "now!" he added.
Well, i didn't really need to clearly view the face of the intruder before concluding that it was my dad. He's good at making you do things with his command tone duely aided by his deep dark voice, yes! He has a deep dark voice like that of the wizard of Oz; little wounder he spent seven years serving our catholic church as a chorister yet he never had the chance to fix new batteries into the mic let alone cursing his tuneless voice for the congregation to hear. I sure picked that from one of his old diaries, you wouldn't expect any top dog father calling his daughter expressing how bad he faltered with his voice being a youth - that would really be 'only God knows what adjective will sum that'.
Now two question stormed my thought. First, my dad told me to join him in the sitting room "for what?" I asked myself. I could remember the last time i heard that simple sentence, it was when i stoned Tunde, our neighbour's only son, in school because he was bullying a girl I hardly met. Bullying her was not the reason I stoned him, he was just on my natural hate list and no other oppurtunity to injure him might be better than this. I did it and never felt remorse even after having a bad month throught after my principal reported to my dad.
Secondly, "dad shouldn't be at home by now" i guessed and checked the dusty table clock roughly placed on my working-no-more TV and it ticks quarter past nine. That is enough evidence to show that he has skipped work today and there must be something important attached to that cos my dad would never be seen around the house at the slightest second past 6:30. He's a civil servant working for the Nigeria Security Civil Defense Corps- did i get that? Quit loving the job since i watched the 'my oga at the top thing' but I'm sure he works for the NSCDC.
Immediately, another question which was not on the list appeared "did dad just called me Bella?" that was the other half of my name that he has mentioned three times in the last eighteen years and everytime he mentions that other half, he has either offended me and needs to be forgiven or he just wanna inconvinent me. Lets see whats it gonna be this time.
Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by tmx21(m): 5:14pm On Jul 04, 2014

I walked towards the door, took the next turn on my right. I peeped if my younger brother was in his room but he wasn't. I woundered where he had wandered so early because he is such a lazy kid that will never want to break the reationship between his bed and him even when he is wide awake. There must be something going on. The whole house seem quiet as i walk past the couple odd little rooms around before finding myself some feet away from the sitting room. Mum was sitting opposite dad on the curve slippery chair that dad just brought in, and on he table were mum's favourite multi-coloured bag, some counless files which i assume were dad's and an unopened bachus tonic wine.
I was still on my nightee, a pink butterfly-designed long silk gown, a moderate slippers on my feet and a black hairnet rounly worn to cover my hair. I don't look all awake but seriously, i was all awake. I put my first step in the sitting room and samuel; my younger brother captured my faint step and he looked toward my direction.
He was on his usual sleeveless purple shirt; only God knows when he will be convinced enough that putting on a type of cloth that Shahrukh Khan did wore in an action movie isn't really going to make him as strong as Mr. Khan, save that I bought it as a birthday gift for him. Sure! I would have got him something better but to samuel, nothing beats better that this shahrukh khan-like attire. He still has his pajamas pants on and his feet were bare.
Mum on the other hand was dressed like a merchant woman who needs to hurry to market to get some be-fast-or-lose-it goods.
The TV was off, no voice from the usual wake up radio that my dad will never part away with and the atmosphere looks calm.
I lingered in as if I really don't wanna be outta bed. I took a sit beside mum, you wouldn't expect me to sit close to a speaker.
"ahem" my dad belched and continued "I am just gonna make this as fast as possible ...I mean we all have one or two things to do" he belched again "not excluding me" he continued. I need not be informed that we are having a family meeting of which i totally dislike having. My dad is so fond of organizing such impromptu meetings giving my brother and me pep talks. I adjusted my sitting posture and just wished this wasn't another of his puberty talks. "I just wanna make you aware that we will be moving ...I mean leaving this apartment for another one, i just got promoted and also transferred and i don't see me doing it alone without you all" he flattered "I've been told to shape up or ship towards the promotion and am sure..." he belches "...we all dont wanna see me fall back" he teased. "am I clear?" well that doesn't sound like a question from a father that hates his decisions being questioned though i have millions of questions running through my mind. I wonder why Mum kept really mute today and also i observed that she wasn't caught unaware with the statement ...more to explain that she's not getting the gist for the first time,
silence won the atmosphere and glances were thrown at each other. Samuel dipped his hand beside him on the chair, brought out the TV remote and - voila!- a voice finally came to disturb the silence; it was spongebob.
I stared at dad by just raising my brows pretending not to be looking and finally noticed that his reaction wasn't against Samuel for that action. I took this as a big oppurtunity to act my way. I stood up, grabbed my mum with my two cold hands covering her cheeks, i gave her a peck on the forehead and whispered "goodbye". I didnt wait for the "thanks dear" that she responded cos i was already dashing to my room not praying to hear another deep hoarse voice mention Anna this time.
I hushed into my room, jumped on the bed and I tried analyzing the information that dad just disseminated. "Are we really moving?" was the first question that struck me... "yes we are" a voice inside me answered "if you aint, you know your dad won't announce that ...he doesn't joke around - does he?" "no" I replied the voice.
I calm myself down and thought about the relocation if its going to make me or really mar me. Seriously, I needed to get a break.

Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by daveP(m): 5:39pm On Jul 04, 2014
tmx21: This is my first story here on NL and am so dedicating this to my e-family: lanicky cheriepet, charijee kingphillip, jefferyjames king tom, sucobaba Miracy xtarxhyne lorlaahlozz, prettyspicy missyhorlah, jennimma. *who else* and also a big thank u to sammy hoe.
I'll be updating thrice a week and seriously, your comment and undiscriminating criticism is welcomed. Leggo...
i con no be part of the family,see underration! angry
Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by tmx21(m): 5:42pm On Jul 04, 2014
dave P: i con no be part of the family,see underration! angry
am so sowie.. I'll modify that.
Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jul 04, 2014
dave P: i con no be part of the family,see underration! angry
tongue tongue
Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by lanicky(f): 5:44pm On Jul 04, 2014
Wow!
Dear tmx21.....we're xoooooo pride of u....ooppss! Sowi...we're proud of u grin

El prestigo dear..... cool

1 Like

Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by tmx21(m): 5:45pm On Jul 04, 2014
lanicky: Wow!

lolz. Thank jhor

1 Like

Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by tmx21(m): 6:17pm On Jul 04, 2014
And less i forgot am inviting the whole EBIAG family. Loff u all and pls do take a sit. Timothy3113,
Harkanbi, Domwiz4all,
Rockhillz, Joseff14, Soul
minister, Prince Fame,
Damex333, Rio
Emmanuel, Jammy2012, Ice4jez,
Luckidoc,
Nikkygold4life,
Efichukwu, Karev Wite,
Profmaojo,
Michaellegend, Ohibenemma,
Redhot1111,
LUDALOOLO
,Hoyhebhukhunmhy,
Ote man U dun O,
Okem09, Lordtim14, Princesschi, Aveiro,
Gbamar, Kingso23,
Bertadayz, Bollyano,
Lorlaahlozz,
Ademuyiwa59,
Tylogegro, IgweChosen, Leofish92, Chukwusi,
Ayobami195, Niyipo,
Omotolaray, O-tops,
Bishop kay, Peksmay,
Yussuff4u2c, Timcy2,
Dokita olly, Monsurx2, Buccal, Adabite, 2map,
Jessepearl, Angelsit,
Highdee4life, Odward,
Atakitisam, Foslink,
Kylecares, Usmanspihn,
Medexico, Man4LordJesus,
Munakeyz, Geoworld_
edu, Pammusphy,
Aka.p, Ismogimo,
Kinxen, Akorlade,
Jackossky, Larmu, Teddy Jonathan, eunisam, Study4christ,
Chimez4christ, DzTz,
Emaxadey, Smeeky,
TyHadebimpe,
Smithsammy
Hyung wang, Ray1251, Noble Bright, Jesse
Pearl, Prince Adepoju,
Amosola93, Teebarbie,
Mckemsoc, Obi-won,
Galileo galileo,
Yeancharr Preety jay, Clumslow17,
Mistah Teepex, Tbmas
Olaoluwa dantes,
Rubann, Ayobami195
DaReezyn, Lateef4me,
Emzypaz, Taiyejoel Pweedierhonda,
Bintsdeyi, Vigorous V
Chasicolis, Ayomitide77,
Obobolaraba
Yeamesee, Sheggun1,
Angelbaby77, Sparrow03
Waslek,
Crownfullhouse,
Sonexy2, Bola-dex
Fateemah88, Myne
White, Mahkanjuh, Muniho
Ng4am,
Abdulkadirbiffo,
Adminofficials
Rantex1, Ayanfe09,
Thunday16, Bussyy1 Tpearl, Umarbaseet,
Ummuja, Oggbole, Dav-
onyi
Soneh, Sonexyb,
Kolatidoma, Chichi2608
SirDUKE, Richbee, Sugarbabe@Kemi,
Ritababe, Mcmooney,
Helensharpay, Fhavuri,
Newton231
LollyD, Dzak, Vivi01,
OPEYEMI AD, Hebenz Usolace, Kingjulian,
Lorpeh, Thankgod iyke
Aminah04, Mczigx,
Sheanoel, Nasa4G,
Oma4u, Gameboy727,
Cpblessed, Arolexwalex1, Natty14,
MystarZ
JonesK, Djeezy, Timxxy,
Winie, Remsonik,
Gendebs, Assidik, Misto,
Locoster, Rohilicious, Armadeo, Oluwatasha,
CORRECTMAN78, Cally22
Christygenius,
Xtarxhyne, Ambrosex,
Papiforreal
Tfabu, Guiddoti, Edogho, Debdove,
Quintybabe, Horayce,
Malaikah1, Welshv,
Cutiedave, Bollah123,
Carrotman, Tedrah, Mz
Lakore, Candy Ocee31, Mukolo Andy,
CHERISH-2,
Emperorjames,
Queenrose102,
Damoguy, ZeescoAGF,
Donharrie, Feyifahm, Bmasz, Andrealin,
Shuayb0, Natureboy50
Musb92@yahoo.co,
demmyface,
IamDejMan, Onosj,
Georgematic, Mariemummy, AO2,
Romsky, Munner,
Ayonbobo, Gal10 *who else*
Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by daveP(m): 6:43pm On Jul 04, 2014
tmx21: am so sowie.. I'll modify that.
good
Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by daveP(m): 6:45pm On Jul 04, 2014
lanicky: Wow!

grin
Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by lanicky(f): 6:55pm On Jul 04, 2014
dave P: grin

Shuuu....see ur white teeth tongue
Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by lanicky(f): 6:57pm On Jul 04, 2014
tmx21: lolz. Thank jhor

U're welcome dear cool
Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by Timothy3113(m): 7:49pm On Jul 04, 2014
We are here o. But just be like oga sammy dey give us food regularly
Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by daveP(m): 8:09pm On Jul 04, 2014
lanicky:

Shuuu....see ur white teeth tongue
u viewed it and ran off to bed.hmm wat a parting gift for d nite!

1 Like

Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jul 04, 2014
Itz a nice piece. Just work on ur tenses. Stil following.
Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by tmx21(m): 8:41pm On Jul 04, 2014
Timothy3113: We are here o. But just be like oga sammy dey give us food regularly
thanks and i'll try
Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by tmx21(m): 6:59am On Jul 05, 2014
Jennimma: Itz a nice piece. Just work on ur tenses. Stil following.
thanks and ill work towards that
Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by tmx21(m): 9:00am On Jul 05, 2014

I am dedicating this to my best pals lorlaahlozz and cheriepet. Happy b'day pals
~CHAPTER 2~
~ANABELLA~
I was in the bathroom doing nothing so special than looking over my fragile skin which really looks delicate and as well elegant to me. I kept touching my cheeks and seeing myself at the mirror placed before me and I look like a fairy. I applied some lotion to my dry skin and returned the tube to its position rubbing my hand gently on my thigh. I stood up, viewed the whole bathroom and i do realize that it wasn't the perfect bathroom for a damsel like me. Bathing sponge hung over the doors, dirty cothes in some old buckets and even the tiles were turning green not mentioning the white coloured being used in painting the wall also fading off.
The mirror wasn't a full one which will be the main reason that will push me to support my dad to really go for the new apartment, give that it'll be a mansion-like type.
Lest i forget, I am Anabella Johnson, 18 years even though i looked as I was in my early twenties; say 22, not about me having an old face for my young age but for being a model to be and i am seriously looking towards keeping that physique. I am not too fair in complexion but am no where close to chocolate. The most fanscinating part of my body apart from my spotless skin is my hair ...long enough to make anyone double-stare and also with a very deep black colour. I possess an ovaly shaped head, my eyeball woody brown (I wonder where i got that) my nose were not too flat but some centimetres away from its position. My lips are so sexy and succulent ...I am an epitome of beauty and perfectness. I like keeping my entire body clean and may cry at the sight of the smallest spot on my skin.
I finished my primary education in Tetton Private School as one of the best students and my dad would always be proud of me for that. I'm looking forward to studying theatre and arts in the university - Soonest I'll catch that.
I was about leaving for my room when I heard my dad discussing on phone probably with a friend cos the way he laughed uncontrollably on phone wasn't usual for him to me. "the fact that the house is expensively designed yet doesn't cost an arm and a leg doesn't hold the truth that it might be haunted" dad conversed. Haunted?! I was so schocked and immediately rolled back to the novel I once read 'the haunting of hill house'. "Do you still believe in this nonesense kola?" he continued as i placed my ear neatly against the door of the bathroom, "teach ciaptha or whatever you call it ...ok I'll be on my way to your house now ...bye" beep-beep he hung the phone and headed outside the house.
I opened the door, dashed into my room as usual and flip-open my laptop - I browsed to google and typed 't e a c h c i a p t a' i hit the enter button and woooosh! Something came up and i took my glasses, stared at the results and chose the one that caught my interest and i read the vital point out. "teachciaptha are houses built centuries ago by the irish and invoked with spirits to trouble the living. This was done when they were under attacks of... of..." I adjusted my glasses "...of the pakistans and were forced to leave their homes". "wow!" commented and "how does this Irish affects Nigeria" I shrugged and printed the information i just got. I logged off my pc and kept reading the extract.
It was launch time and no one was at home. I went into Samuel's room and borrowed his cornflakes. I went back to the sitting room and was watching one of the seasonal movies i just got from a friend.
Samuel came bac from school and walked inside as if he was being pushed to walk. I suspected something was not going well with our always-happy Samuel. I paused the movie I was watching and move towards him; he was still 10 and he does act like one. I caled out his name twice "Samuel! ...Samuel!!" well, his no-response affirms that I guessed right. I carried him and sat him down, pull off his school bag and helped with his food pack "hey kiddo ...what's wrong?" I asked sympathetically "got beaten by your teacher! ...misplaced your fare?" hee keeps giving me a 'no' nod and I plead to him to explain what happened. "it - its my friends" he started, sobbing lightly "I told them I will be leaving and ...and" he cried heavily. I knew what he wanted ti explain and hugged him "oh my king, my baby" I patted him on the back "please don't cry, dont worry" I held his shoulders with my hands and made him look straight into my eyes "we are going to make new friends ...more friends ...and even better friends" I said, wipping off the tears of his cheeks. "Now be a good boy, do you know Mr khan never cries!" he smiled " now get into your room, pull off your uniform and lets watch some movies" he jumped off the chair and ran into his room as if he wasn't the one crying few minutes ago.

Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by tmx21(m): 9:19am On Jul 05, 2014
Don't just read please, your idea, comment and criticsm is welcomed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by Nobody: 9:45am On Jul 05, 2014
Still following,no criticism yet
Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by 2map(m): 12:57pm On Jul 05, 2014
Actually I hate it when I'm being mentioned for stuffs like it but this really worth it. Following and you've got a nice story here.
Re: 7hours Before Dawn (scary) by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jul 05, 2014
2map: Actually I hate it when I'm being mentioned for stuffs like it but this really worth it. Following and you've got a nice story here.
this nt it tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

SOLUTION TO ALL THE 2012 NIGERIAN ESSAY COMPETITIONS / Creative Writing Courses For Beginners / Stephen Covey, "7 Habits" Author, Dies At 79

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.