Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,889 members, 7,802,864 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:57 PM

Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here (34120 Views)

Farmers! Let's See You In The Farm. Post Your Pictures Here. / Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here / Why Cassava Farmers Should Choose The TME 419 Variety (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by soladel(m): 4:17pm On Jul 11, 2014
jethro2:
Thanks for this
Some people visit our farmers in the village with the story of 6 and 9 months. I was not in the farm during their visit. It was difficult to convince the farmers that its not true. Thanks a lot

Do you work on SOYABEANS?
Yes i do, soya beans is my second crop i am cultivating.
call me on 08033540233 to discuss.
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jul 11, 2014
soladel:
Yes i do, soya beans is my second crop i am cultivating.
call me on 08033540233 to discuss.

please , assuming i am buying something from suckers or stems from IITA, is it right to pay to the staffs account number or to IITA , i dont know how the organisation is structured hence my question.
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by tundenojim: 4:43pm On Jul 11, 2014
[color=#990000][/color]
aguiyi:

do you also fabricate palm oil processing equipment,do you have a website and can you show us pix

Yes we do fabricate palm oil processing equipments too. We don't have a website yet but we can refer you to places where we have them.
Phone no 08135501268,0803332390
Email: tundenojim@yahoo.com
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jul 11, 2014
tundenojim: [color=#990000][/color]

Yes we do fabricate palm oil processing equipments too. We don't have a website yet but we can refer you to places where we have them.
Phone no 08135501268,0803332390
Email: tundenojim@yahoo.com

the second is 10 digits, i dont think its correct
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by tundenojim: 4:51pm On Jul 11, 2014
doctorisa: give me your phone no and where is your company location,i might have to visit you...by the way can you fabricated a cassava peeling machine and whats the price
Yes, we can...but currently, we are trying to come up with a model of high efficiency soon which is based on our research. because the tecnology we adopt isn't efficient enough when considering material wastage. My phone number is 08135501268. Daniel Eyame street, hamadiya, Ijaye, Lagos.
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jul 11, 2014
tundenojim:
Yes, we can...but currently, we are trying to come up with a model of high efficiency soon which is based on our research. because the tecnology we adopt isn't efficient enough when considering material wastage. My phone number is 08135501268. Daniel Eyame street, hamadiya, Ijaye, Lagos.
ok noted
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jul 13, 2014
Work continue on this site tomorrow
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by tony231(m): 8:42pm On Jul 13, 2014
@Doctorisa, what is the total budget to own 1acre of cassava plantation?
thanks
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jul 13, 2014
tony231: @Doctorisa, what is the total budget to own 1acre of cassava plantation?
thanks
after leasing or buying the land with just 40k you can cultivate 1acre successfully.
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by naijainfogalery: 8:49am On Jul 14, 2014
Following
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by soladel(m): 10:10am On Jul 14, 2014
aguiyi:

please , assuming i am buying something from suckers or stems from IITA, is it right to pay to the staffs account number or to IITA , i dont know how the organisation is structured hence my question.
If you need any of the item, you can get them from contacted staff, iita is non-profit NGO, so you get any thing from farmers through iita staff in contact.
Regards
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jul 14, 2014
soladel:
If you need any of the item, you can get them from contacted staff, iita is non-profit NGO, so you get any thing from farmers through iita staff in contact.
Regards

thanks a bunch, i never knew this much.

please how do get TME 419 cassava, my brother need it for an hectare of farm
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 7:51am On Jul 15, 2014
About to plough our new opened up site, waiting for. The operator to start work on this Site very Soon..we plan to plant TME419...
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 10:01am On Jul 15, 2014
doctorisa: About to plough our new opened up site, waiting for. The operator to start work on this Site very Soon..we plan to plant TME419...

please can you link me to your source for the TME 419 also ,can you share pix of what it looks like.

the cassava that is planted on my plantain plantation does not look good in my eyes
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by sunzie(m): 5:19pm On Jul 18, 2014
Sir I need Cassava Stem (TME419).
Does anybody has it or a better variety?
Please contact me on seiduphilproject@gmail.com.
Thanks.
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by jethro2: 6:01pm On Jul 18, 2014
sunzie: Sir I need Cassava Stem (TME419).
Does anybody has it or a better variety?
Please contact me on seiduphilproject@gmail.com.
Thanks.
please state the size of acres or hectares you need the TME 419 cuttings for?
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by jethro2: 6:02pm On Jul 18, 2014
aguiyi:
please can you link me to your source for the TME 419 also ,can you share pix of what it looks like.
the cassava that is planted on my plantain plantation does not look good in my eyes
What's the size of the farm land that you need the TME 419 cuttings for?
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jul 18, 2014
jethro2:
What's the size of the farm land that you need the TME 419 cuttings for?

1acres sir
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by jethro2: 6:21pm On Jul 18, 2014
aguiyi:
1acres sir
Please visit the Agricultural Development Project in your area. They have the list of the farmers that are using or have used TME 419. My contact is in Ibadan and believe its cost effective for we smallholders to source for in the ADP office near to us. Which state are you so we can locate the ADPs in that area.
Their service is free. They sell TME for N300 -N400 per bundle

1 Like

Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jul 18, 2014
jethro2:
Please visit the Agricultural Development Project in your area. They have the list of the farmers that are using or have used TME 419. My contact is in Ibadan and believe its cost effective for we smallholders to source for in the ADP office near to us. Which state are you so we can locate the ADPs in that area.

Enugu state
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by jethro2: 6:33pm On Jul 18, 2014
aguiyi:
Enugu state
Please let me make some calls and see if we can get someone around there or locate the ADPs. I will get back to you by tomorrow by Gods grace

1 Like

Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jul 18, 2014
jethro2:
Please let me make some calls and see if we can get someone around there or locate the ADPs. I will get back to you by tomorrow by Gods grace

Thanks a bunch bro
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Juliana7: 10:08am On Jul 19, 2014
Wow! What an awesome thread
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by samuel25(m): 10:16pm On Jul 19, 2014
jethro2:

Good day sir, I base in Oyo state too, Oke ogun, Igboho specifically but the TME 419 is not available in OYSADEP in my LGA. Any assistance please?
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by jethro2: 10:54pm On Jul 19, 2014
samuel25:
Good day sir, I base in Oyo state too, Oke ogun, Igboho specifically but the TME 419 is not available in OYSADEP in my LGA. Any assistance please?
My farms are in Ago Amodu and Sepeteri. We just planted some not up to 2 months. Bit I can lead you to our contact in our area if you will not mind the distance. When exactly will you be in need of it?. I will call the man tomorrow or by Monday to discuss and possibly link you up with him on phone. He comes from Ibadan but its possible they have some farmers in your area that might have used the TME 419. Please lets see what comes up by Monday. Please you could also send a reminder if I don't get back on time.

1 Like

Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 12:10am On Jul 20, 2014
jethro2:
My farms are in Ago Amodu and Sepeteri. We just planted some not up to 2 months. Bit I can lead you to our contact in our area if you will not mind the distance. When exactly will you be in need of it?. I will call the man tomorrow or by Monday to discuss and possibly link you up with him on phone. He comes from Ibadan but its possible they have some farmers in your area that might have used the TME 419. Please lets see what comes up by Monday. Please you could also send a reminder if I don't get back on time.

Any update on mine yet.

See my farm, I already made ridges, planted plantain and cassava but don't trust the species of cassava, I don't mind replacing them if I can get the TME419,am clearing the other 10plots already for cassava also

1 Like

Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by jethro2: 12:44pm On Jul 20, 2014
aguiyi:
Any update on mine yet.
See my farm, I already made ridges, planted plantain and cassava but don't trust the species of cassava, I don't mind replacing them if I can get the TME419,am clearing the other 10plots already for cassava also
So sorry I couldn't get back on time. My contact is working on getting you a link person of IITA in Umudike. I believe that will be near to you. He said he want to get the contact no so as to forward to you. I will call him again on Monday to confirm.
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by jethro2: 12:53pm On Jul 20, 2014
jethro2:
So sorry I couldn't get back on time. My contact is working on getting you a link person of IITA in Umudike. I believe that will be near to you. He said he want to get the contact no so as to forward to you. I will call him again on Monday to confirm.
Nice work with your farm. Its just a matter of time. I will not also advice you get get rid of the present one. I will suggest use alternative land since you have. This will help you to compare the yield of the two varieties at harvest.
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by jethro2: 12:57pm On Jul 20, 2014
Please to get maximum yield from TME, there are rules and regulations to follow. Like the use of fertilizer, the right amount, the right time of application and the right quantity. I will write more on this topic as soon as I am chanced. Its called the 4Rs of Fertilizer by IFDC 2scale. Please lets follow the rules

1 Like

Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by jethro2: 3:39pm On Jul 20, 2014
samuel25:
TME 419 can be gotten in Tede, Atisbo local government. They sell a bundle for N300. They can only deliver to Sepeteri and Ago Amodu. If you can make arrangement for alternative transport its available. For an hectare you need between 50 to 60 bundle. My no is 08064688501 to link you up if you want. Sorry I can't post his number on line

1 Like

Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jul 20, 2014
jethro2:
Nice work with your farm. Its just a matter of time. I will not also advice you get get rid of the present one. I will suggest use alternative land since you have. This will help you to compare the yield of the two varieties at harvest.

Ok thanks. I will do as advised. What's the best time to apply fertilizer and what quantity are you referring to
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jul 20, 2014
jethro2: Please to get maximum yield from TME, there are rules and regulations to follow. Like the use of fertilizer, the right amount, the right time of application and the right quantity. I will write more on this topic as soon as I am chanced. Its called the 4Rs of Fertilizer by IFDC 2scale. Please lets follow the rules

Please do, thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Planting Ugu This Month On An Acre Of Land / See The Coloured Corn I Harvested From My Farm / ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.