Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,791 members, 7,802,503 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:35 PM

Do People Really Need Proof To Believe In God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do People Really Need Proof To Believe In God? (1869 Views)

Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven / I Do Not Believe in God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do People Really Need Proof To Believe In God? by Nobody: 11:45am On Jul 04, 2014
A lot of times I have read comments made by Christians here who claim that a prove isn't required before one should believe in the Almighty God the Creator of heaven and earth.
Reading through the Bible,I find something different. Many times have I found were God's mighty power have been shown to surpass other "little gods" power hence PROVING that God the God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob is the true God,then Why is there no more need to prove God again all of a sudden? Why do we have to use faith to believe whatever story we find in the Bible, what is stopping God from showing Himself as God in this modern age just as he did on several occasions in the Bible?

1Kings 18 in this chapter we can see how God instructed Elijah to prove that He is the true God by presenting a test to show CLEARLY that He is the true God. The god Baal failed But God didn't fail this test,So He was able to show that He exist and He is the most powerful. This is just one of the numerous miracles and proves that God showed people in the Bible to prove that He is the true God and He exist.

Exodus 7 in this chapter you can also see how God instruct Moses to prove to Pharaoh that He exist and He is the true God,through NUMEROUS miracles/magic So that the people of Egypt would be CONVINCED that the God of Moses exist and is the true God.

My question now is this: Why do Christians believe they no longer need prove of God's existence and power through physically visible miracles for all to see? So that we can all be CONVINCED that the God of Moses is the true God?

If God Himself can present NUMEROUS proves in the Bible to support His existence and power,Why has He suddenly stopped doing So? More importantly Why do Christians no longer require this proves to convince the non believers?

Thanks.

4 Likes

Re: Do People Really Need Proof To Believe In God? by Nobody: 7:59am On Jul 06, 2014
Re: Do People Really Need Proof To Believe In God? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jul 18, 2014
Re: Do People Really Need Proof To Believe In God? by efficiencie(m): 10:18pm On Jul 18, 2014
Dapo777:

My question now is this: Why do Christians
believe they no longer need prove of God's
existence and power through physically visible
miracles for all to see? So that we can all be
CONVINCED that the God of Moses is the true
God?

you want PROOF? That's FUNNY!!! How do you define PROOF!? Do you define it as the scientific method defines it? If you define it as the scientific method does then don't expect proofs from the God of the Christians!

...but what other proofs do you seek? Go to the Synagogue Church of All Nations and see UNTHINKABLE, UNIMAGINABLE and OBSERVABLE MIRACULOUS evidences of power in the name of Jesus Christ every sunday...go to MFM and see SIGN and WONDERS happening regularly...go to SPIRIT EMBASSY in Zimbabwe and see SPIRITUAL ACTION first hand...go to CHRIST MERCYLAND in Delta and see MEDICALLY DEFYING FEATS...go to CHAMPIONS ROYAL ASSEMBLY in Kubwa, Abuja and see THE ACTS OF A PROPHET...attend the RCCG Holy Ghost congress and see the evidences you seek...

What other evidence do you seek? Well like the Israelites who saw GOD'S POWER FIRST HAND and still DOUBTED and needed PROOFS, I doubt you'll ever get the PROOFS you seek, if the EVIDENCES AROUND YOU AREN'T GOOD ENOUGH!

1 Like

Re: Do People Really Need Proof To Believe In God? by efficiencie(m): 10:31pm On Jul 18, 2014
DAPO777: If God Himself can present NUMEROUS proves in
the Bible to support His existence and
power,Why has He suddenly stopped doing So?

He hasn't stopped! Rather he's not like a magician doing the miracles you expect of him...The Israelites wanted a progressive day-to-day show of power but they were blind to the miracles that were with them all the time...

they wandered 40years yet neither their shoes nor their clothes were worn out!
Re: Do People Really Need Proof To Believe In God? by efficiencie(m): 10:34pm On Jul 18, 2014
DAPO777: Exodus 7 in this chapter you can also see how
God instruct Moses to prove to Pharaoh that He
exist and He is the true God,through NUMEROUS
miracles/magic So that the people of Egypt
would be CONVINCED that the God of Moses
exist and is the true God.

yet the israelites didn't BELIEVE GOD...and their UNBELIEF made then SEEK PROOFS TEN TIMES by TEMPTING GOD...
Re: Do People Really Need Proof To Believe In God? by efficiencie(m): 10:37pm On Jul 18, 2014
DAPO777: 1Kings 18 in this chapter we can see how God
instructed Elijah to prove that He is the true
God by presenting a test to show CLEARLY that
He is the true God. The god Baal failed But God
didn't fail this test,So He was able to show that
He exist and He is the most powerful. This is
just one of the numerous miracles and proves
that God showed people in the Bible to prove
that He is the true God and He exist.

yet King Ahab and his wife Jezebel didn't BELIEVE...infact after that show of power via ELIJAH, Jezebel threatened Elijah's life in defiance to God!
Re: Do People Really Need Proof To Believe In God? by efficiencie(m): 10:52pm On Jul 18, 2014
DAPO777: Why do we have to
use faith to believe whatever story we find in
the Bible, what is stopping God from showing
Himself as God in this modern age just as he did
on several occasions in the Bible?

what do you think will make a man leave his extended family and embark on a journey without a map? what do you think would make a city man become a nomad? It's FAITH...Abraham believed God and saw his power.

...If you won't BELIEVE GOD today, you won't have believed him even in the days of old!

1 Like

Re: Do People Really Need Proof To Believe In God? by efficiencie(m): 10:54pm On Jul 18, 2014
"if only you will believe, you will see the glory of God" Jesus Christ
Re: Do People Really Need Proof To Believe In God? by alexleo(m): 11:03pm On Jul 18, 2014
efficiencie:

what do you think will make a man leave his extended family and embark on a journey without a map? what do you think would make a city man become a nomad? It's FAITH...Abraham believed God and saw his power.

...If you won't BELIEVE GOD today, you won't have believed him even in the days of old!

Thanks for all your responses my brother. There are a lot of churches where great miracles are happening. In my church it happens regularly though we dont make noise about it. God is still showing himself in this miraculous happenings today but they wont still believe him. They are always looking for a way to justify their unbelief and they keep failing.
Re: Do People Really Need Proof To Believe In God? by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jul 18, 2014
efficiencie:

you want PROOF? That's FUNNY!!! How do you define PROOF!? Do you define it as the scientific method defines it? If you define it as the scientific method does then don't expect proofs from the God of the Christians!

...but what other proofs do you seek? Go to the Synagogue Church of All Nations and see UNTHINKABLE, UNIMAGINABLE and OBSERVABLE MIRACULOUS evidences of power in the name of Jesus Christ every sunday...go to MFM and see SIGN and WONDERS happening regularly...go to SPIRIT EMBASSY in Zimbabwe and see SPIRITUAL ACTION first hand...go to CHRIST MERCYLAND in Delta and see MEDICALLY DEFYING FEATS...go to CHAMPIONS ROYAL ASSEMBLY in Kubwa, Abuja and see THE ACTS OF A PROPHET...attend the RCCG Holy Ghost congress and see the evidences you seek...

What other evidence do you seek? Well like the Israelites who saw GOD'S POWER FIRST HAND and still DOUBTED and needed PROOFS, I doubt you'll ever get the PROOFS you seek, if the EVIDENCES AROUND YOU AREN'T GOOD ENOUGH!

Well I haven't seen a miracle with my own eyes except some I have watched on tv, so I won't in my right sense believe such which I do not witness,or which have not been verified. Point to the evidences around me,I want to see them,it seems you have a better sight than I do,s help me.

2 Likes

Re: Do People Really Need Proof To Believe In God? by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jul 18, 2014
efficiencie:

What do you think would make a prophet enter a lions den in UI zoo only for him to be devoured by the lions? FAITH OR STUPIDITY?

2 Likes

Re: Do People Really Need Proof To Believe In God? by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jul 18, 2014
efficiencie:

yet King Ahab and his wife Jezebel didn't BELIEVE...infact after that show of power via ELIJAH, Jezebel threatened Elijah's life in defiance to God!
And where is it in the Bible that suggested that king Ahab didn't believe in God despite the proofs? Tell me the verse.

1 Like

Re: Do People Really Need Proof To Believe In God? by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jul 18, 2014
efficiencie:

He hasn't stopped! Rather he's not like a magician doing the miracles you expect of him...The Israelites wanted a progressive day-to-day show of power but they were blind to the miracles that were with them all the time...

they wandered 40years yet neither their shoes nor their clothes were worn out!

Why was God like a magician during those days(turning water to wine,turning stick to snake etc) and suddenly God no longer wants to be a magician again? WHY? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Do People Really Need Proof To Believe In God? by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jul 18, 2014
efficiencie:

yet the israelites didn't BELIEVE GOD...and their UNBELIEF made then SEEK PROOFS TEN TIMES by TEMPTING GOD...

Which Bible are u using? Where in the Bible is it suggested that the Israelites don't believe in God? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Do People Really Need Proof To Believe In God? by alexleo(m): 11:42pm On Jul 18, 2014
Dapo777:

Well I haven't seen a miracle with my own eyes except some I have watched on tv, so I won't in my right sense believe such which I do not witness,or which have not been verified. Point to the evidences around me,I want to see them,it seems you have a better sight than I do,s help me.

you are not being sincere. Are you saying that you have never watched something on tv and believed until you witnessed it or verified it? All the news you ve watched about accidents, wars in countries, discoveries etc you never believed any except you witness them or verify? And if you have watched miracles on tv, what effort did you make to verify the authenticity? Or you just want to be an armchair critic.
Re: Do People Really Need Proof To Believe In God? by alexleo(m): 11:45pm On Jul 18, 2014
Dapo777:

Which Bible are u using? Where in the Bible is it suggested that the Israelites don't believe in God? undecided

You can see that you dont even know the content of the book you are arguing about.
Re: Do People Really Need Proof To Believe In God? by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jul 18, 2014
efficiencie: "if only you will believe, you will see the glory of God" Jesus Christ

Well you are wrong with that statement because I once believed, yes u heard me right,nothing was as real as God to me before,and I didn't see any glory,each time it seems as if God was talking to me,all I get is blames from "God" all I get was reprimands, all I get was God pointing out my sins and telling me how it's all my fault that this or that is happening to me,is that God's glory?
Not until I discovered the truth,it was then I knew I was talking to myself all along. angry If God truly lives I challenge Him to speak to me directly with an audible voice,since He did the same for Samuel,if God can speak to me, and not me talking to myself,then I promise to be one of His soldiers. angry

1 Like

Re: Do People Really Need Proof To Believe In God? by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jul 18, 2014
alexleo:

You can see that you dont even know the content of the book you are arguing about.

Why don't u quote the verse in the Bible which indicate that the Israelites didn't believe God. smiley

1 Like

Re: Do People Really Need Proof To Believe In God? by Nobody: 11:54pm On Jul 18, 2014
alexleo:

you are not being sincere. Are you saying that you have never watched something on tv and believed until you witnessed it or verified it? All the news you ve watched about accidents, wars in countries, discoveries etc you never believed any except you witness them or verify? And if you have watched miracles on tv, what effort did you make to verify the authenticity? Or you just want to be an armchair critic.
ohh please,if they announced a false news on tv it won't take long before they announce again that it was a false news,that is why I believe them. What will it profit them if the news have been lying about boko haram killing? Will it increase their salary or what? undecided

But I don't believe miracles shown on tv,unless I witness them myself from a clear angle,because definitely the pastors have a lot to gain if they can fake miracles on tv that would make plenty people attend thier church,so u see y they show miracles on tv? undecided

1 Like

Re: Do People Really Need Proof To Believe In God? by alexleo(m): 12:00am On Jul 19, 2014
Dapo777:
ohh please,if they announced a false news on tv it won't take long before they announce again that it was a false news,that is why I believe them. What will it profit them if the news have been lying about boko haram killing? Will it increase their salary or what? undecided

But I don't believe miracles shown on tv,unless I witness them myself from a clear angle,because definitely the pastors have a lot to gain if they can fake miracles on tv that would make plenty people attend thier church,so u see y they show miracles on tv? undecided

And i then asked, what effort have you made to witness miracle yourself? You dont draw conclusion on what you have not authenticated its falseness or truth.
Re: Do People Really Need Proof To Believe In God? by alexleo(m): 12:17am On Jul 19, 2014
Dapo777:

Why don't u quote the verse in the Bible which indicate that the Israelites didn't believe God. smiley
Hebrews 3;16-19

16 For who, having heard, rebelled? Indeed, was it not all who came out of Egypt, led by Moses? 17 Now with whom was He angry forty years? Was it not with those who sinned, whose corpses fell in the wilderness? 18 And to whom did He swear that they would not enter His rest, but to those who did not obey? 19 So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.

Also Romans 11;19-22

19 You will say then, “Branches were broken off that I might be grafted in.” 20 Well said. Because of unbelief they were broken off, and you stand by faith. Do not be haughty, but fear. 21 For if God did not spare the natural branches, He may not spare you either. 22 Therefore consider the goodness and severity of God: on those who fell, severity; but toward you, goodness,[f] if you continue in His goodness. Otherwise you also will be cut off.

You can start from verse 1 to read through if you dont understand.
Re: Do People Really Need Proof To Believe In God? by Nobody: 12:29am On Jul 19, 2014
alexleo:

And i then asked, what effort have you made to witness miracle yourself? You dont draw conclusion on what you have not authenticated its falseness or truth.

Why would I try to authenticate a miracle published on tv when I already know the reason behind such displays on tv. So you think everybody would just believe whatever magic or miracles they are entertained with on tv like you do? Gullibility isn't in everyone. smiley

1 Like

Re: Do People Really Need Proof To Believe In God? by malvisguy212: 12:30am On Jul 19, 2014
Dapo777:

do you read the bible at all? On many occasion, the israelite forsook God and worship baal.
Re: Do People Really Need Proof To Believe In God? by Nobody: 12:35am On Jul 19, 2014
alexleo:
Hebrews 3;16-19

16 For who, having heard, rebelled? Indeed, was it not all who came out of Egypt, led by Moses? 17 Now with whom was He angry forty years? Was it not with those who sinned, whose corpses fell in the wilderness? 18 And to whom did He swear that they would not enter His rest, but to those who did not obey? 19 So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.

Also Romans 11;19-22

19 You will say then, “Branches were broken off that I might be grafted in.” 20 Well said. Because of unbelief they were broken off, and you stand by faith. Do not be haughty, but fear. 21 For if God did not spare the natural branches, He may not spare you either. 22 Therefore consider the goodness and severity of God: on those who fell, severity; but toward you, goodness,[f] if you continue in His goodness. Otherwise you also will be cut off.

You can start from verse 1 to read through if you dont understand.

Hmmmm,so which god did the Israelite believe in if not God? ( I want to learn something new today)

1 Like

Re: Do People Really Need Proof To Believe In God? by Nobody: 12:36am On Jul 19, 2014
malvisguy212: do you read the bible at all? On many occasion, the israelite forsook God and worship baal.

Because you disobey God and sin once in a while,does that suggest you don't believe in God again? undecided

1 Like

Re: Do People Really Need Proof To Believe In God? by alexleo(m): 12:46am On Jul 19, 2014
Dapo777:

Why would I try to authenticate a miracle published on tv when I already know the reason behind such displays on tv. So you think everybody would just believe whatever magic or miracles they are entertained with on tv like you do? Gullibility isn't in everyone. smiley

My friend stop being foolish. Do you know what it means to research? You are the one that came out here and started making noise that God does not show himself in our time. Now someone gave you examples where miracles take place, if you are serious about what you are accusing God of why dont you go on a research and authenticate whether what we are saying is real or not. I also said that Its not all churches that make noise about miracle. e.g. my church. Why dont you go to those ones that are not showing on tv and verify since you are reluctant about the ones on tv(too bad of a researcher)? Again you were the one that said you dont believe what you ve not witnessed or verified. Now i ve asked you to go and verify and here you are singing a discordant(silly) tone. Abeg go sleep. you dont even know what you want. You just open a thread and start spewing rubbish. I blame Seun who made threads free.
Re: Do People Really Need Proof To Believe In God? by alexleo(m): 12:48am On Jul 19, 2014
Dapo777:

Hmmmm,so which god did the Israelite believe in if not God? ( I want to learn something new today)

Kindly read those portions again with a sane mind.
Re: Do People Really Need Proof To Believe In God? by alexleo(m): 12:52am On Jul 19, 2014
malvisguy212: do you read the bible at all? On many occasion, the israelite forsook God and worship baal.

my dear leave the guy, he is confused. I hope Seun will start charging people for opening a thread so that some of this people will reason well before they spend money to open a thread.
Re: Do People Really Need Proof To Believe In God? by malvisguy212: 12:59am On Jul 19, 2014
Dapo777:

Because you disobey God and sin once in a while,does that suggest you don't believe in God again? undecided
what are you saying? Because they sin once? Let assume the sin only one time, God don't ignore sin, you must pay for it, moreover the israelite live by the law at that time.

2 Peter 2:20-21New International Version (NIV) 20 If they have escaped the corruption of the world by knowing our Lord and Savior
Jesus Christ and are again entangled in it
and are overcome, they are worse off at
the end than they were at the beginning. 21 It would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness,
than to have known it and then to turn
their backs on the sacred command that
was passed on to them.

Verse 22 SAY , as the proverb say.......the dog turn to it own vomit.
Re: Do People Really Need Proof To Believe In God? by malvisguy212: 1:00am On Jul 19, 2014
alexleo:

my dear leave the guy, he is confused. I hope Seun will start charging people for opening a thread so that some of this people will reason well before they spend money to open a thread.
it just to sad, thank you brother, remain bless.

1 Like

Re: Do People Really Need Proof To Believe In God? by Nobody: 8:29am On Jul 19, 2014
alexleo:

My friend stop being foolish. Do you know what it means to research? You are the one that came out here and started making noise that God does not show himself in our time. Now someone gave you examples where miracles take place, if you are serious about what you are accusing God of why dont you go on a research and authenticate whether what we are saying is real or not. I also said that Its not all churches that make noise about miracle. e.g. my church. Why dont you go to those ones that are not showing on tv and verify since you are reluctant about the ones on tv(too bad of a researcher)? Again you were the one that said you dont believe what you ve not witnessed or verified. Now i ve asked you to go and verify and here you are singing a discordant(silly) tone. Abeg go sleep. you dont even know what you want. You just open a thread and start spewing rubbish. I blame Seun who made threads free.

A dog must whine when hit,so am not suprised at your reaction. What do you call miracles if I may ask you? Is it the manifestation of the holy spirit that you call miracle? When someone speaks in tongues and falls down,is that the miracle they perform in your church? Well that's not a miracle to me if it's a miracle to you. I will like to visit your church and witness live miracles of the blind seeing,the crippled walking,the paralyzed getting healed.....do they perform such miracles in your church? If yes,please give me the address of your church, I promise to come there and witness it myself if you know you are telling the truth. wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Alfa Bible Studies: God Is A Liar! / Can Someone Help Me With This Part Of The Bible That Is Confusing Me? / Is Laziness A Demonic Attack?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.