Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,501 members, 7,801,313 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:42 PM

BLACK MAMBAZO {africa's Struggle} - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / BLACK MAMBAZO {africa's Struggle} (506 Views)

I Bet That Children Of Nowadays Never Knew This Struggle (photo) / Struggle For Power! / This Books Ended My Struggle (check Them Out) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

BLACK MAMBAZO {africa's Struggle} by husbandwrites(m): 4:55pm On Jul 04, 2014
MAMBAZO

In the harmattan season of 1965, we had just gotten back from far away england, five of us Korangi, thandi, makasala, Furo and I {Raman}, the dusty hilly village of natando, set in the west coast of africa, our rich lustre vegetation made our land so unique, the almost red soil which made me feel at home the moment my feet felt it, my people are predomitantly farmers and it we find pride, every farmers pride is in his harvest, so when the scorching sun heat our bare back and send trickles of sweat down to our body it gives us this sense of fufilment and every male child of each family has only one dream and that’s to be bigger than Katoure, its an old folktale that has outlived kings and kingdom, it has been transfer from generations like bald hair it always has someone who will carry it, “Katoure was a great farmer and a warrior, he was not the king but had more respect and was admonished like a royal blood, he had over six wives and could feed them all because his harvests could feed the whole of natando village for three seasons if kia-kia our gods, the protector of mankind and the head of the spirits choose to curse us with draught” that’s Raman my dad talking by the fire place as we enjoy our local delicacy of roasted yam dipped inside palm oil and then flavoured with salt and utazi leaf, I was named after him because of the

Checkout complete story
http://husbandwrites./2014/06/25/black-mambazo/

(1) (Reply)

#bringbackourgirls / Please Analyse The Poetry With Their Literary Qualities / Oginni/albert Aderemi Adedoyin International Centre For African Metaphysics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.