Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,860 members, 7,802,756 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:53 PM

false reasons why some people believe feminists hate men - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / false reasons why some people believe feminists hate men (10592 Views)

13 Questions For Feminists / An open letter to Emma Watson and all feminists / Feminists: If Your Children Don't Want To Submit To You... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: false reasons why some people believe feminists hate men by 5minsmadness: 11:01am On Jul 05, 2014
@cococandy I have to admit I was looking for someone who read the whole thing to summarise embarassed
I confess I couldn't read the whole thing myself. Read the first two points and realised it was a load of crap embarassed
So I stopped reading. Am really sorry embarassed

@pickabeau1 guy how far, did you get any of those beautiful ladies' digits? angry if not stop giving people unnecessary long throat, what the hell angry

1 Like

Re: false reasons why some people believe feminists hate men by Nobody: 11:05am On Jul 05, 2014
Oahray: true. Who wouldn't be convinced by such a brilliant thread that separates the radical feminists from the non-existent true feminists?

That's why I didn't bother reading as much as a sentence. They would have made me feminist. Then I'd hate myself sad
Hehehe. It's all black and white for them. All or nothing. I've realised there are women married in this section who's marriages are fvcked up and are looking for company on the misery train, some have fully emasculated their husbands and are wihing same for other women. These are women who wouldn't tolerate such rubbish from their daughters-in-law. But in nairaland, we are all intelligent and holy and fair and nice and easy-going. Reality says otherwise and you can cut their misandry with a knife.

Any man who insists on having his way is a brute, any woman who does so is one who knows her worth.

Btw, nothing wrong in being a feminist abi, isn't that what the lecture says? wink
Re: false reasons why some people believe feminists hate men by cococandy(f): 11:06am On Jul 05, 2014
You expected much more?
Well let's see. Coming from the guy who was tossing phrases and words like 'yeye dey smell' and 'hypocrisy' around when I was making my point in a clean and insulting way,you do have a knack for not removing the tree in your eye before seeing the speck in your neighbor's eye.

I would have given you much more had you not become derogatory and snide.
And snideness I find very disgusting.I can't respond civilly to that. Even though I give myself credit for trying smiley
It could have been worse kiss
pickabeau1:

I expected much more from coco but as soon as her allies came in insulting her partisan nature could not be hidden

Of course they are other beauties from other parts of the state.don't forget there are at least 3 institutions in that town

Imsu
Futo
Nekede

Abi..i m guilty also

Re: false reasons why some people believe feminists hate men by Nobody: 11:09am On Jul 05, 2014
Dantedasz:

Please post more EYE candy I beg. It will at least lighten up this dreary thread.
In my own opinion girls at yhe annual Calabar festival will give these South American broads a run for their money. Any one ever heard of Calabar fattening rooms where girls are taught to be girls and proper wives to their husbands? They arr taught the rudiments of cooking and how to give pleasure to their husbands. grin
Whhy is this piece of information coming so late in the day, ehn? I've made my choice, young man, and I'm sticking to her. Or can I still...erm, oh never mind. angry
Re: false reasons why some people believe feminists hate men by Nobody: 11:10am On Jul 05, 2014
pickabeau1:

I expected much more from coco but as soon as her allies came in insulting her partisan nature could not be hidden

Of course they are other beauties from other parts of the state.don't forget there are at least 3 institutions in that town

Imsu
Futo
Nekede

How would they compare with Enugu girls, I'm a bit more familiar with this set. grin
Re: false reasons why some people believe feminists hate men by pickabeau1: 11:11am On Jul 05, 2014
grin

I see how you have slyly avoided my point focussing on something else

I see your hypocrisy too

Guess we all are then

It is your prerogative to respond.. You don't have to
Let me put it to you in simple terms

You opened a nice topic but you are not an objective facilitator secretly enjoying insults thrown by your e friends

Yes..I give u it could have been much worse
kiss
Re: false reasons why some people believe feminists hate men by pickabeau1: 11:12am On Jul 05, 2014
fresh_dude: How would they compare with Enugu girls, I'm a bit more familiar with this set. grin

I don't know much about them though I've heard a lot about the Kia governor chime
Lol

5minsmadness: @cococandy I have to admit I was looking for someone who read the whole thing to summarise embarassed
I confess I couldn't read the whole thing myself. Read the first two points and realised it was a load of crap embarassed
So I stopped reading. Am really sorry embarassed

@pickabeau1 guy how far, did you get any of those beautiful ladies' digits? angry if not stop giving people unnecessary long throat, what the hell angry

No.. i did not go to Brazil oo
But there was good eye candy throughout the matches

I will get some more from my tour of the calabar carnival
Re: false reasons why some people believe feminists hate men by Nobody: 11:14am On Jul 05, 2014
pickabeau1:

I'm fine.. E Soul

Guess u r new to this section which is full of double standards.

Pseudo-Feminists here cherry pick which part suits them n call on men to clean other parts from the mess they caused.
They call equality when it suits them
Funny people

Read the comments n appreciate the nuances...

Do you have some eye candy pics to post

For those wishing others stroke..that one Na back to sender

You are sufficiently enlightened.. We can have q discourse on this matter

How is your 'favourite' stalker undecided

Good to hear smiley

I am new to the section, but I don't see the double standards or problems in the OP. Point them out?

So you admit the " cherry-pickers" are "pseudo" and not true to generally accepted idea on what feminism is, right?

Why are NL men so up in arms about equality like its such a terrible thing for their counterparts to gain a footing in our African societies, and thereby improve our condition as a whole?

Yesterday an 11 year old girl made FP for being rape-d repeatedly by a grown monster 3 times her age. Last week, it was a women who killed her way out of a forced marriage to an abuser. Who is really causing the messes?

I hope by eye candy, you don't mean me and expect me to upload. Nor do I hope you expect me to go searching for eye candy women to post for your benefit. I'm positive you're capable smileysmiley Onnila has beauty threads, this isn't one of them smiley

I welcome discourse wink

Which stalker?
Re: false reasons why some people believe feminists hate men by Nobody: 11:16am On Jul 05, 2014
pickabeau1:

I don't know much about them though I've heard a lot about the Kia governor chime
Lol

No.. i did not go to Brazil oo
But there was good eye candy throughout the matches

I will get some more from my tour of the calabar carnival
Dude, is something else o. All shapes and sizes, no discrimination whatsoever. And generous too.
Re: false reasons why some people believe feminists hate men by cococandy(f): 11:17am On Jul 05, 2014
I called her out to stop it.
But No to you that means I'm secretly enjoying it.
I addressed your points whatever they were.

If you're anything,it is not objective that much is clear.at least not where this matter is concerned. You hate it. Don't pretend to have even given it a chance to prove it's point.
Not in the least.

There goes the hypocrisy word again. And you're the one using it again.

Still you expect fair objective response when you're throwing snide insults around?.
Ok.
pickabeau1: grin

I see how you have slyly avoided my point focussing on something else

I see your hypocrisy too

Guess we all are then

It is your prerogative to respond.. You don't have to
Let me put it to you in simple terms

You opened a nice topic but you are not an objective facilitator secretly enjoying insults thrown by your e friends

Yes..I give u it could have been much worse
kiss
Re: false reasons why some people believe feminists hate men by pickabeau1: 11:18am On Jul 05, 2014
Welcome back

You are new to the section; form your opinions based on posts

Yes I do admit on the cherry pickers

the play on candy is to reflect on the OP.. coco candy.. eye candy

Welcome to d family seksion

U forgotten ur 'favorite' stalker.. starts with letter S...

EnlightenedSoul:

Good to hear smiley

I am new to the section, but I don't see the double standards or problems in the OP. Point them out?

So you admit the " cherry-pickers" are "pseudo" and not true to generally accepted idea on what feminism is, right?

Why are NL men so up in arms about equality like its such a terrible thing for their counterparts to gain a footing in our African societies, and thereby improve our condition as a whole? Yesterday an 11 year old girl made FP for being raped by a grown monster 3 times her age. Last week, it was a women who killed her way out of a forced marriage to an abuser. Who is really causing the messes?

I hope by eye candy, you don't mean me and expect me to upload. Nor do I hope you expect me to go searching for eye candy women to post for your benefit. I'm positive you're capable smiley Onnila has beauty threads, this isn't one of them smiley

I welcome discourse wink

Which stalker?
Re: false reasons why some people believe feminists hate men by pickabeau1: 11:20am On Jul 05, 2014
which snide insult

You called me a hypocrite.... i returned the favor

I made my points early enough to which u responded

We agreed to disagree

You are the one saying no one read your post, the one calling others hyprocrites, or dumb

No be so?

cococandy: I called her out to stop it.
But No to you that means I'm secretly enjoying it.
I addressed your points whatever they were.

If you're anything,it is not objective that much is clear.at least not where this matter is concerned. You hate it. Don't pretend to have even given it a chance to prove it's point.
Not in the least.

There goes the hypocrisy word again. And you're the one using it again.

Still you expect fair objective response when you're throwing snide insults around?.
Ok.
Re: false reasons why some people believe feminists hate men by Nobody: 11:20am On Jul 05, 2014
If not because I no fit vex Uncle Kay, I for just join pkckabeau and loretta sharpaly grin cheesy wink
this una fights ehn? angry
Re: false reasons why some people believe feminists hate men by Nobody: 11:23am On Jul 05, 2014
Oahray: lmao grin

I'm guilty of being male on a feminist thread grin

Welcome. Be enlightened! smiley

Going on comments, why do you guys seem so desperate to be hated? grin
Re: false reasons why some people believe feminists hate men by cococandy(f): 11:26am On Jul 05, 2014
I called you a hypocrite before you did?
Even after you did?
You must be reading another thread.
You have a unique way of misunderstanding me.
Maybe you do it to see my reaction. Lol

The dumb comment wasn't for you but feel free to fight his battles.
pickabeau1: which snide insult

You called me a hypocrite.... i returned the favor

I made my points early enough to which u responded

We agreed to disagree

You are the one saying no one read your post, the one calling others hyprocrites, or dumb

No be so?

Re: false reasons why some people believe feminists hate men by pickabeau1: 11:30am On Jul 05, 2014
cococandy: I called you a hypocrite before you did?
Even after you did?
You must be reading another thread.
You have a unique way of misunderstanding me.
Maybe you do it to see my reaction. Lol

The dumb comment wasn't for you but feel free to fight his battles.

Just as you have a unique way of misunderstanding me
You make yourself a faciliator opening a thread to discuss issues

Your friend calls someone rats.. another curses people wishing them stroke... then u call others dumb

I wonder what the nature of objective discourse you really wanted to have

I dont need to see your reaction.. ive told u i like discussing with you as u at least than most will be civil for a while
Lets leave it at that..
wink

PS I like your threads on atheists though i have a q for u,,,

1 Like

Re: false reasons why some people believe feminists hate men by 5minsmadness: 11:31am On Jul 05, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

Good to hear smiley

I am new to the section
, but I don't see the double standards or problems in the OP. Point them out?

Why are NL men so up in arms about equality like its such a terrible thing for their counterparts to gain a footing in our African societies, and thereby improve our condition as a whole?

Yesterday an 11 year old girl made FP for being rape-d repeatedly by a grown monster 3 times her age. Last week, it was a women who killed her way out of a forced marriage to an abuser. Who is really causing the messes?

I hope by eye candy, you don't mean me and expect me to upload. Nor do I hope you expect me to go searching for eye candy women to post for your benefit. I'm positive you're capable smiley Onnila has beauty threads, this isn't one of them smiley

I welcome discourse wink

Which stalker?
Give it time. You will see what he is talking about. Though I must say since the rapture there seems to have been a softpeddaling on such issues, or maybe those people haven't recovered from the data loss?

About the bad news, are you saying crimes are not committed by women? The problem most sane nigerian men have is with the double standards feminism breeds. Early this year a guy opened a thread where he had been forced to have sex by a more experienced female. He felt terrible. However he was laughed off the thread and assured that he 'enjoyed' it, welcome to manhood etc. Nobody felt his pains. Imagine if it was a female.

A few months ago a prominent music star Jay-z was repeatedly assaulted on an elevator by his wife's sister solange. TV shows actually came up to say it must have somehow been his fault. Of course charges were not pressed and the case was dropped. Can you imagine what would have happened to Jay-z if he had been the one to slap the woman and kick her in the gut with a high heeled shoe? He'd be serving time now.

Where do you see real lack of equality in our society nowadays? Did your parents deny you education because you are female? Were you shouted down in church when you gave testimony? Does your husband come home from work, address you as 'woman, bring my food!' and then sits watching the news while you kneel beside him massaging his feet in fear and trembling?

I believe Feminism was once for a good cause but has now been so adulterated it has outlived its usefulness. If most of society sees the movement as extremist, anti family, anti-men, etc then its most probably true. Let's call a spade a spade and stop trying to eulogise a now deformed movement.

I stand for feminity and not feminism.

4 Likes

Re: false reasons why some people believe feminists hate men by Nobody: 11:32am On Jul 05, 2014
pickabeau1: Welcome back

You are new to the section; form your opinions based on posts

Yes I do admit on the cherry pickers

the play on candy is to reflect on the OP.. coco candy.. eye candy

Welcome to d family seksion

U forgotten ur 'favorite' stalker.. starts with letter S...

It's not right to twist a clear message to fit a wayward one. Call the misandrists out, but don't act like it's synonymous with feminism

I see smiley

Thanks...

Lol wow, I guess. Don't you mention him, and give him reason to break his newly set record
Re: false reasons why some people believe feminists hate men by cococandy(f): 11:33am On Jul 05, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

grin I wonder too.
But it works like this. It's either you claim you're against men so they latch unto that to discredit your points as arising from man-hate.
Or if you insist you don't hate men,then you don't know what you're on about because the conviction is that what you're preaching is man-hate no matter what you say otherwise.

Anyway it will take a special kind of mental imbalance to get a babe like me to hate men.

Oh no. Not those huge hunks of chocolatey goodness.
Re: false reasons why some people believe feminists hate men by Oahray: 11:36am On Jul 05, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

perform this experiment, and you'd get your answer.

Get someone to hold out one hand straight out and sideways. Hold the wrist with your thumb and index finger and rock his/her hand up and down slowly and only slightly. After a little while, you should notice that the hand feels lighter to you. Later, if you remove your hand, the other person's hand continues rocking on its own.

Incase you didn't get the point. When something becomes the norm, we inevitably start to anticipate it.

BTW, you really should read up the posts that led up to that comment. It was simply our reaction to the op's presumptuous assertion that we didn't read her post. No one ever gets truly enlightened by reading stuff out of context. Be truly enlightened! smiley
Re: false reasons why some people believe feminists hate men by pickabeau1: 11:36am On Jul 05, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

It's not right to twist a clear message to fit a wayward one. Call the misandrists out, but don't act like it's synonymous with feminism

I see smiley

Lol wow, I guess I did. Don't you mention him, and give him reason to break his newly set record

I will leave the rightness or wrongness for an opportune time when u have spent time through the posts in this section
I wont mention .. dont worry

grin grin grin grin
Re: false reasons why some people believe feminists hate men by cococandy(f): 11:36am On Jul 05, 2014

I believe Feminism was once for a good cause but has now been so adulterated it has outlived its usefulness. If most of society sees the movement as extremist, anti family, anti-men, etc then its most probably true. Let's call a spade a spade and stop trying to eulogise a now deformed movement.

This part may be true for some societies.
But not Africa and Nigeria in particular.
Maybe if I lived in the west,I wouldn't be so passionate about it.

But anyone who asks how females are oppressed here is not being sincere.
Or maybe has never lived here.
Re: false reasons why some people believe feminists hate men by cococandy(f): 11:40am On Jul 05, 2014
I repeat that I'm not here to make friends.
You can't keep judging me based on what some one else said. How does that even make sense to you?

if you want to judge me because I called someone dumb,then go right ahead too and judge his post that made me say it.
Biased much?

Let's take the question to that thread.
pickabeau1:

Just as you have a unique way of misunderstanding me
You make yourself a faciliator opening a thread to discuss issues

Your friend calls someone rats.. another curses people wishing them stroke... then u call others dumb

I wonder what the nature of objective discourse you really wanted to have

I dont need to see your reaction.. ive told u i like discussing with you as u at least than most will be civil for a while
Lets leave it at that..
wink

PS I like your threads on atheists though i have a q for u,,,
Re: false reasons why some people believe feminists hate men by 5minsmadness: 11:41am On Jul 05, 2014
cococandy:

This part may be true for some societies.
But not Africa and Nigeria in particular.
Maybe if I lived in the west,I wouldn't be so passionate about it.

But anyone who asks how females are oppressed here is not being sincere.
Or maybe has never lived here.

Go on then, how are females oppressed here? And I am talking of legitimate legal oppression and not a crazy drunk lunatic beating his wife to a coma on the news.
Re: false reasons why some people believe feminists hate men by pickabeau1: 11:42am On Jul 05, 2014
cococandy: I repeat that I'm not here to make friends.
You can't keep judging me based on what some one else said. How does that even make sense to you?

if you want to judge me because I called someone dumb,then go right ahead too and judge his post that made me say it.
Biased much?

Let's take the question to that thread.

Ok oooo... i will take your word for it
Im nit judging u.. who am i..... its your right to post anything ....

that thread may not be appropriate.. i will call u in the boys rooms
Re: false reasons why some people believe feminists hate men by Oahray: 11:50am On Jul 05, 2014
5minsmadness:

Go on then, how are females oppressed here? And I am talking of legitimate legal oppression and not a crazy drunk lunatic beating his wife to a coma on the news.
You stole the words right out of my mouth. All my life I haven't seen the general female oppression they keep talking about.

When stuff go wrong, men bear the brunt. Innocent guys near any crime scene get harassed by security operatives who usually let females go.

In my primary and secondary schools years, my female classmates always got lesser or no punishment when the whole class got punished, even on occasions when they caused it.

Any time you mention cases like these, they would say it's normal, that it's a patriarchal society and men set the rules.

2 Likes

Re: false reasons why some people believe feminists hate men by coogar: 11:55am On Jul 05, 2014
Dantedasz: There are NO real feminists on Nairaland. All we have on these boards are amateur male bashers.
These kind of women are not looking for equality with any man. Most of them are trophy wives safely enshrined in their husbands houses while preaching feminism on Nairaland.

I wonder why these pocket feminists did not kick against marriage rites on the day a mere man brought coco yams,palm oil,bags of rice and money to pay their dowries.

A real feminist should throw down the gauntlet and tell her parents-"Daddy and Mummy,I am not going through this buying and selling ritual because I am a feminist!"

As some one said earlier-yeye dey smell.

Re: false reasons why some people believe feminists hate men by Nobody: 11:58am On Jul 05, 2014
5minsmadness:
Give it time. You will see what he is talking about. Though I must say since the rapture there seems to have been a softpeddaling on such issues, or maybe those people haven't recovered from the data loss?

About the bad news, are you saying crimes are not committed by women? The problem most sane nigerian men have is with the double standards feminism breeds. Early this year a guy opened a thread where he had been forced to have sex by a more experienced female. He felt terrible. However he was laughed off the thread and assured that he 'enjoyed' it, welcome to manhood etc. Nobody felt his pains. Imagine if it was a female.

A few months ago a prominent music star Jay-z was repeatedly assaulted on an elevator by his wife's sister solange. TV shows actually came up to say it must have somehow been his fault. Of course charges were not pressed and the case was dropped. Can you imagine what would have happened to Jay-z if he had been the one to slap the woman and kick her in the gut with a high heeled shoe? He'd be serving time now.

Where do you see real lack of equality in our society nowadays? Did your parents deny you education because you are female? Were you shouted down in church when you gave testimony? Does your husband come home from work, address you as 'woman, bring my food!' and then sits watching the news while you kneel beside him massaging his feet in fear and trembling?

I stand for feminity and not feminism.

It was absolutely and terribly wrong for the guy to be forced into sex. That is called rape/ sexual assault! But when you say "imagine if it was female", I'm not moved. She would most assuredly be asked about what she was wearing, criticized for allowing herself to be raaped, offered a "poor thing" or a useless prayer. The rape_ of women is run of the mill thing so much so that it only conjures at best mild sympathy on here, and no real outrage.

Also, I'm not in support of what Solange did. I do not condone physical violence of any kind. He could've and should've pressed charges, but he didn't for whatever reason. Similar to the above, you do realize that violence against women is also far more commonplace, and also conjures mild sympathy, and oftentimes blames the woman for being hit! Maybe we should blame Jay Z also. Maybe he had it coming? Smh

I don't say women do not commit crimes, but what kind of crimes and why? Don't deceive yourself. Notice the glaring difference in what these crimes are, the scale, and who they're committed against. These disgusting stories are so commonplace, it's no longer shocking.

Saying you stand for femininity is like me saying I stand for masculinity lol. That's a given! It has nothing to do with the topic at hand.
Re: false reasons why some people believe feminists hate men by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jul 05, 2014
Yeaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! The Rats are here!!! I told yah!! Thats what im talking about!!! E-war E-war!! #Doing the d*o*g*g*y dance#.
Re: false reasons why some people believe feminists hate men by 5minsmadness: 12:02pm On Jul 05, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

It was absolutely and terribly wrong for the guy to be forced into sex. That is called rape/ sexual assault! But when you say "imagine if it was female", I'm not moved. She would most assuredly be asked about what she was wearing, criticized for allowing herself to be raaped, offered a "poor thing" or a useless prayer. The rape_ of women is run of the mill thing so much so that it only conjures at best mild sympathy on here, and no real outrage.

Also, I'm not in support of what Solange did. I do not condone physical violence of any kind. He could've and should've pressed charges, but he didn't for whatever reason. Similar to the above, you do realize that violence against women is also far more commonplace, and also conjures mild sympathy, and oftentimes blames the woman for being hit! Maybe we should blame Jay Z also. Maybe he had it coming? Smh

I don't say women do not commit crimes, but what kind of crimes and why? Don't deceive yourself. Notice the glaring difference in what these crimes are, the scale, and who they're committed against. These disgusting stories are so commonplace, it's no longer shocking.

Saying you stand for femininity is like me saying I stand for masculinity lol. That's a given! It has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

These examples you gave are outdated. Who still blames a woman for getting raaaped for goodness sake? More like all the woman has to do is scream 'rape!' even if all the guy did was touch her arm and he will be imprisoned first before people will hear his side of the story. Where I worked some years ago in cases where we hear of rape the man has already been beaten from the house before being dragged to our office or the police station.

As for the second bolded, violence against women may be far more commonplace for various reasons including :

1. They are the 'weaker' sex. The tendency to get beaten is higher when you are weaker, whether male or female. Its not right, it just happens that wat.
2. Men don't complain as much as women. Open a thread for women who are beaten by their husbands, it will reach page three before you search Google. Open a thread, even an anonymous one on men who get bashed by their wives and it will be as quiet as a bus after someone has farted in it. Men are not complainers naturally. And no man will dare come out to say he was beaten by a woman, he'll be skinned alive by other men. Some people on this forum will even say it is impossible! Or those men are 'not real men'. And you want them to speak out?

The news will always be rife with 'man beats wife' and 'man rapes 3year old' cos its easier to print and more believable. Imagine looking at the headlines tomorrow and it reads 'woman beats husband for coming home late' or 'woman rapes her son' . Naah.
Re: false reasons why some people believe feminists hate men by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jul 05, 2014
@ 5mins

I'd like to address this separately when I get time.

"Where do you see real lack of equality in our society nowadays? Did your parents deny you education because you are female? Were you shouted down in church when you gave testimony? Does your husband come home from work, address you as 'woman, bring my food!' and then sits watching the news while you kneel beside him massaging his feet in fear and trembling?"
Re: false reasons why some people believe feminists hate men by cococandy(f): 12:05pm On Jul 05, 2014
5minsmadness:

I could take a whole day but not do justice to this question.

*You do know that first and foremost,the mindset and opinion is that women are beneath men. That alone is something the needs to be corrected.
Legally?. Is there a law that protects women from abusive men? If there is,it only comes into play when the woman is dead or raped.
Other instances of assualt are dismissed as family matter.
Legally? An African country just passed a law that permits men to take other wives if they wish without their wives' consents. That's not legal oppression?
Most guys will tell you they don't want a woman at the pinacle of her career because she must have been thru' hell to get there. Why do they say so? Because they know the nigerian society is one that requires you to work your way up to the top of the ladder on your back with your legs spread. Not because you aren't qualified but because you can be made to forfeit whatever it is you pursue so badly.
Is anything being done about this?
No. The guys cover the others up and intimate assults keeps on increasing. There's hardly any woman who's made it to the top that didn't get there by hiding behind a powerful man to protect her against the predators.

You know females can't inherit property in some parts of our dear country?

*some females aren't allowed education and their own choices in the upper part of Nigeria. But I guess it's ok because their religion permits it.
Not so?

I could go on
But read more here:
http://www.socialistnigeria.org/women/1-3-03.html

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Parents Are Always Quarelling And Fighting What Do I Do? / Please Help Me, What Do I Do To An Ungrateful Wife? / How Can I Know Im Pregnant?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.