Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,106 members, 7,807,333 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:25 PM

DSTV Scanning: An Epitome Of Anxiety - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DSTV Scanning: An Epitome Of Anxiety (761 Views)

General Anxiety Disorder Treatment / Hitv And This Scanning Palava / Dstv Not Scanning/bad Software (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

DSTV Scanning: An Epitome Of Anxiety by Bawsse(m): 5:47pm On Jul 04, 2014
[b]In my house we use the older model DSTV decoder, and so therefore it scans (dunno what it is scanning for). This scanning takes approximately six (6) minutes and it is so annoying, other satellite network do not go through this stage, so it leads me to this very simple question: "What is the purpose of the DSTV scanning?"

I vividly remember when this "scanning" began, I was still a secondary school student, at first we kept trying to cancel it by pressing the menu button, because a message below stated "Press MENU To Cancel Scanning" but all to no positive result. we decided then to give the scanning a chance to playout and scan to the end ( ...of 9, at that time), lo and behold after scanning it showed. We thought this development was temporary but we were wrong, not only has it been temporary but also the length of scanning have increased (...of 25, presently). DSTV did not contact us or even make attempts to educate us on this "scanning".

That is why after more than 6 years with this I am still asking basic questions like:

1. What is the purpose of DSTV decoder scanning?

2. Why is the length increasing rapidly?

3. DO DSTV South Africa decoders carry out this scanning process? if not, why not? E.T.C.

This old but new development is just an epitome of mass anxiety especially to world cup watchers like me. I missed the first two goals by messi and musa in the super eagles last group match, cause I hard to switch from generator to NEPA after electricity was brought back on. It was really painful because a replay can never come close to the actual build up adrenaline rush in anticipation of a might-be goal.

That is why I urge us, nairalanders, DSTV subscribers and possibly DSTV technicians/engineers to talk about this. Your views would be highly welcomed and appreciated grin

[/b]
Re: DSTV Scanning: An Epitome Of Anxiety by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jul 04, 2014
i wonder o, even my cheap gotv decoder doesnt scan. Maybe dstv decoder is overated.
Re: DSTV Scanning: An Epitome Of Anxiety by Bawsse(m): 7:07pm On Jul 04, 2014
no, it is truly annoying and i believe its just a waste of time....
Re: DSTV Scanning: An Epitome Of Anxiety by Danhte: 11:55pm On Jul 05, 2014
yes oo, its really annoying..... they(DSTV) need to explain this to us.
Re: DSTV Scanning: An Epitome Of Anxiety by Noah13: 10:05am On Jul 06, 2014
the most frustrating part is when am watching a movie and suddenly the power just goes off , just when something important is about to happen. And maybe comes on immediately...

*Waiting Time*
Re: DSTV Scanning: An Epitome Of Anxiety by Noah13: 10:05am On Jul 06, 2014
As long as they keep adding new channels, it will keep increasing
Re: DSTV Scanning: An Epitome Of Anxiety by Bawsse(m): 12:50pm On Jul 06, 2014
the worst part is that we i dont even know its usefulness

(1) (Reply)

Sites For PC Movies / What Mobile Site Can I Download Free Movies From / You Won't Believe This! (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.