Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,136 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:54 AM

HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court - Education (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court (58411 Views)

Can I Become A Lecturer With A 2.2 In First Degree With My MSC / First Degree And Masters Opportunity In The Usa- No Sat I, Sat Ii, Toefl Or Gre / Is Futy"s 2008/2009 Admission List into first degree programs out? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by kishimi8(m): 4:33pm On Jul 07, 2014
I think its because they are now allowed to partake in NYSC that's why they are starting to feel equal.. A classic case of oliver twist asking for more ....

1 Like

Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jul 07, 2014
kishimi8:
As a member of NSE ,IEEE and COREN .let me tell u this,. Bro. A technologist cannot be a member of an engineering body ....neither COREN nor NSE will accept HND holders as members .

Guy go sidon, no be big asambodo be where it ends. Neither belonging to okpo aha gburu nwa nkita.(Big for nothing associations).
No wonder advanced countries believe in practical and what u can achieve.
All those COREN and IEEEEEE u dey call, what significant breakthrough have they made in Nigeria? Keep deceiving urself, u think na Uni it all ends. Give HND and degree holders equal chance and u'll see difference, forget IEEE and NSE.
Where is NSE and all it's big certificate people and Nigeria has never made any significant breakthrough and all other developing nations are zooming off and we are slower than turtle sef.
Incorporate everybody, even the COEs and see if things won't chnage.

Big name and naija be like bush where other truly developing countries dey. Make I hear NSE again, I go show u where dem dey dey share moni and that's all they know.
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Sagamite(m): 4:42pm On Jul 07, 2014
Evestar200: HND cert can not be parallel with degree becuase goverment made it so, bt in reality HND cert is far better than degree. A PTI graduate is more respected accepted and honor than any any universities graduate in Nigeria.

How did you arrive at this conclusion?

1 Like

Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jul 07, 2014
Normality:

Go make sense, bt after apples u go follow me touch house? tongue kiss
Adultery *runs away*
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jul 07, 2014
Kachisbarbie: Adultery *runs away*

Lolz, I never talk so oo.
Fair enough, you know wasup.

Are u married?
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jul 07, 2014
kishimi8: I think its because they are now allowed to partake in NYSC that's why they are starting to feel equal.. A classic case of oliver twist asking for more ....

I don't know why u keep on talking trash.
Bad belle and low IQ no good, say No to these tins and it shall be well with u. Amen!
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jul 07, 2014
Dear Friend,
Are you left alone and helpless in a wild desert
of your final year project, Master’s thesis/
dissertation, academic assignments, term
paper seminars and you cannot discover a
single drop of
water to quench the thirst for these academic
assignments?
Besides, the cost of doing a customized project
may also be too costly in terms of price far
beyond your budget and may not meet up with
your deadlines.
This is where scyllabanksofficial steps
in. With a group of experience and professional
writers, our academic papers writing service
can help you complete your dissertation or any
other term paper no matter what tight
deadlines your killer professor have assigned
to you.
Our completed thesis/dissertation service
offers you the following
1. Cheapest price for a standard and
potentially A grade thesis/dissertation
2. The materials above are complete thesis/
dissertation work done by experts in each field
of study covered.
3. The materials come with the complete
chapters of a standard project that is: Chapter
1: Introduction; Chapter 2: Literature Review;
Chapter 3: Research Methodology; Chapter 4:
Presentation, analysis and Interpretation of
Data; Chapter 5: Summary, Conclusion and
Recommendations. It also comes with FREE
ABSTRACT of the whole work. Notwithstanding,
some prose work such as it relates to Law,
Politics and History have different
chapterization based on the topic of the study.
4. You are entitled to FREE counseling/
discussion on the material for purpose of
understanding and preparation for final
defense. You can contact us on
scyllabanksofficial@gmail.com so we can
communicate online
or call us on +234 8054278664
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by kishimi8(m): 5:19pm On Jul 07, 2014
Normality:

Guy go sidon, no be big asambodo be where it ends. Neither belonging to okpo aha gburu nwa nkita.(Big for nothing associations).
All those COREN and IEEEEEE u dey call, what significant breakthrough have they made in Nigeria? Keep deceiving urself, u think na Uni it all ends. Give HND and degree holders equal chance and u'll see difference, forget IEEE and NSE.
Where is NSE and all it's big certificate people and Nigeria has never made any significant breakthrough and all other developing nations are zooming off and we are slower than turtle sef.

Big name and naija be like bush where other truly developing countries dey. Make I hear NSE again, I go show u where dem dey dey share moni and that's all they know.

Funny you condemming IEEE. That phone or laptop u are using is comprised of 90 percent IEEE member innovations.., but why am I even explaining u obviously don't know what IEEE is and neither do you know what Engineering is .
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Edwardhead(m): 5:24pm On Jul 07, 2014
ITbomb: Forgive my ignorance but do we have Professors in Polytechnics?
that's part of the reason why asup is on strike,
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by tenry(m): 5:30pm On Jul 07, 2014
Sodiq3:

We were introduced to Normative theories in Mcom101(Introduction to Mass Communication) as a starting point just that The Two added by Mcquail were not taught Not until in 200l ( Theories of Mass comm Mcom201.) Where we even did Some of the Effect theories. According to the syllable, we would be introduce to Critical theories in 300l and 400l in Media criticism..
ABU zaria, u? What level and school? or a graduate already?

Ok cool. I hav ND, HND(Iree poly) Bsc(Ilorin) Msc(Unilag)all in mass communication.Starting my Phd this year by God's grace.
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Multitask247(m): 6:20pm On Jul 07, 2014
Weselion: Is 150 an abysmal low mark? Remember that uni's are now 180. Universities students spend 4 years in school, polytechnic students spend more than that with serious emphasis on praticals. Some Unilag students come to my school for assistance in projects and assignments
thats a yabatech student speaking.Ur head dey there

1 Like

Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by possibilita(m): 6:22pm On Jul 07, 2014
vizboy: Sorry No comment

Proud student of Auchi Polytechnic Auchi
AM PROUD TO SEE A GREAT AUCHI POLITE,(am in polymer tech.)

2 Likes

Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jul 07, 2014
kishimi8:

Funny you condemming IEEE. That phone or laptop u are using is comprised of 90 percent IEEE member innovations.., but why am I even explaining u obviously don't know what IEEE is and neither do you know what Engineering is .

Institute of wetin wetin wetin, doesn't change the fact that the so called professors we have in Nigeria thatt belong to the institute have done poo.
Don't boast with the achievement of white men. Let the big heads we have in d said association develop something peculiar to Nigeria technological needs or something we can export and call our own.

My guy belonging to all these orgs. no be d matter.
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Enosa1(m): 6:55pm On Jul 07, 2014
possibilita: AM PROUD TO SEE A GREAT AUCHI POLITE,(am in polymer tech.)
Great Auchi Polites...We always represent. Don't mind those people, let them come to auchi and see the way AAU students flood the place seeking for assistance for their project work.
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Vicfus(m): 6:55pm On Jul 07, 2014
I am a proud "State" Poly graduate. The discrimination btw HND and BSC is nothing but a show of d Discrimination btw d Rich and the Poor in Nigeria. You hardly find a very Richman's child in a Polytechnic. They make us to believe Polytechnics are meant for d average citizens. All dsame, what I av upstairs can't be discriminated against. Morealso, it's because of d situation of things in d county dats making us take note of such things..... If u are a Poly graduate u can only get to a limited GL in govt establishments. What if I'm into my own business; will d govt dictate my limitation. Mtcheeeeewwwww
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by gbengaAIG: 7:11pm On Jul 07, 2014
I believe there shld be no discrimination between HND and BSC,both shld be recognise as thesame .
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Unclerukus: 7:38pm On Jul 07, 2014
polytechnics are institutions meant to produce technicians for jobs in the middle class scale,skilled jobs not meant for degree holders(supervisors,store keepers,account technicians,graphic artists and designers,pipeline welders,oil riggers and jobs that are all technical and practical,they are middle class and mostimes low level management strictly for operations . The univers ity on the other hand is meant to produce decision makers combined with adept research,leadership and THEORETICAL competences for top class scale mostly for top management and CRITICAL decision making. They are not the same anywhere even abroad most polytechnic's are called technical colleges or college's,they are meant to produce skilled technicians and entrepreneurs while the university's are meant to produce academics and management trainees. They are both important to any nation to reduce the skilled labour and executive labour gap but unsurprisingly they can never be said in the same breath let alone be equal and earn equally,they are different and serve different purposes. Most of our carpenters,mechanics,welders,heavy duty machine operators and technicians are supposed to be poly educated and certified if not for the country we are that's an insight to what poly's are for, skilled labour. There's no discrimation, just stop struggling for management trainee jobs with degree holders,decision making skills is needed at the top management not technical skills,HND holders should focus on getting skilled jobs like oil rigg drilling,instrumentation and under water welding,etc those jobs aren't meant for degree holders and they earn good pay....lack of exposure is what defines the call for equality...they are so different.

1 Like

Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Danfreeman(m): 8:04pm On Jul 07, 2014
It was a mistake by those in authority. I spent 3yrs frm pre nd to get ND,go for 1 yr IT.then spent 2 yrs to get HND which is 6yrs all together both within and out sch.somebody who spent 4yrs will be recognize than me.is it not wickedness?there is God ohhh
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jul 07, 2014
gbengaAIG: I believe there shld be no discrimination between HND and BSC,both shld be recognise as thesame .
OND= ordinary national DIPLOMA, HND= higher national DIPLOMA. I hope all ur HND/OND sees that u are both DIPLOMA student n that's where the dichotomy is ordinary/higher....smh. How can diploma students compare themselves with university students? Poly students do all the practicals that's y they end up as technicians n technologist. No one is contesting your position with u, while in University, u end up as an Engineer.
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jul 07, 2014
Unclerukus: polytechnics are institutions meant to produce technicians for jobs in the middle class scale,skilled jobs not meant for degree holders(supervisors,store keepers,account technicians,graphic artists and designers,pipeline welders,oil riggers and jobs that are all technical and practical,they are middle class and mostimes low level management strictly for operations . The univers ity on the other hand is meant to produce decision makers combined with adept research,leadership and THEORETICAL competences for top class scale mostly for top management and CRITICAL decision making. They are not the same anywhere even abroad most polytechnic's are called technical colleges or college's,they are meant to produce skilled technicians and entrepreneurs while the university's are meant to produce academics and management trainees. They are both important to any nation to reduce the skilled labour and executive labour gap but unsurprisingly they can never be said in the same breath let alone be equal and earn equally,they are different and serve different purposes. Most of our carpenters,mechanics,welders,heavy duty machine operators and technicians are supposed to be poly educated and certified if not for the country we are that's an insight to what poly's are for, skilled labour. There's no discrimation, just stop struggling for management trainee jobs with degree holders,decision making skills is needed at the top management not technical skills,HND holders should focus on getting skilled jobs like oil rigg drilling,instrumentation and under water welding,etc those jobs aren't meant for degree holders and they earn good pay....lack of exposure is what defines the call for equality...they are so different.
thanks a lot, its a shame poly graduate cannot clearly distinguish btw their roles and that of a university graduate. Polytechnics train their students to be practically inclined in weldin, carpentry, folding, storekeepin n its likes to help in industries, but after graduating they want to usurp the position of a univ graduate n claim equality cos they spend some few yrs in school, n that is by no means possible. Poly n University can never be same, it is just like Motel n hotel, both may have some few things in common but they can never be same.

1 Like

Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by salamiwasiu: 8:50pm On Jul 07, 2014
I served in Rivers State, Imaging UNN student asking how to write "assignment"
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by akpur1(m): 8:53pm On Jul 07, 2014
Sagamite:

Can you kindly state your source or what data you used to arrive at that assertion?
google best tertiary institution in nigeria
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by mikedimeji(m): 9:37pm On Jul 07, 2014
Am still laughing in Spanish. I expected that by now everybody will have rested their case on this subject matter. Becos like I said earlier let every body go and study NOT JUST READ but STUDY the act that establishes the colleges of education that awards NCE, the polytechnics that award both Ordinary and higher DIPLOMA as well as the university that awards Bsc(Hons), BPharm(Hons), BA(Hons), MBBS and the rest. So that every body will be guided on what to say and how to say it Becos trust me a lot of people here are just arguing blindly, no body says there are no very brilliant and exceptional students in polytechnics who probably didn't apply polytechnic but Becos of one thing leading to the other they find themselves there likewise there are dullards in the university but we need to understand the reason behind the establishment of these institutions
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Yungmilio2(m): 9:42pm On Jul 07, 2014
akpur1: fed poly auchi is the 2nd best from nw. Bsc na nomenclture. HND GRADUATES ARE BETTER THAN BSC GRADUATES. Period
I don't expect you to say such...
I did my ND at kwarapoly before moving to UNILORIN...
you can't say HND graduates are better.. hell NO
when we have thousands of illiterate graduates from schools like OKO poly..
in poly's if you do not reach the minimum GP, you can repeat
but in most uni. if you dont reach up to the minimum you would have to leave the school..
in unilorin.. engr students must not fail two physics, two mathematics... and hardly you find anything like sorting a lecturer or prof..
in poly they don't pay the lecturers and staffs well, that's why you see them selling handouts with errors in them p, even if you don't write a test and you buy handouts you have marks for that..
no go talk this shit for where great IFE students dey oooo. if not dem fit tear you apart o
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by shamack: 9:42pm On Jul 07, 2014
salamiwasiu: I served in Rivers State, Imaging UNN student asking how to write "assignment"
na lie.......ok which sch you go
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by shamack: 9:47pm On Jul 07, 2014
Yungmilio2:
I don't expect you to say such...
I did my ND at kwarapoly before moving to UNILORIN...
you can't say HND graduates are better.. hell NO
when we have thousands of illiterate graduates from schools like OKO poly..
in poly's if you do not reach the minimum GP, you can repeat
but in most uni. if you dont reach up to the minimum you would have to leave the school..
in unilorin.. engr students must not fail two physics, two mathematics... and hardly you find anything like sorting a lecturer or prof..
in poly they don't pay the lecturers and staffs well, that's why you see them selling handouts with errors in them p, even if you don't write a test and you buy handouts you have marks for that..
no go talk this shit for where great IFE students dey oooo. if not dem fit tear you apart o
thank you great unilorite.....i wonder which practical them poly SLT student want sabi....for Biochemistry,industrial chemistry,chemistry.....side......abi Anatomy dey poly?
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Yungmilio2(m): 9:55pm On Jul 07, 2014
shamack:
thank you great unilorite.....i wonder which practical them poly SLT student want sabi....for Biochemistry,industrial chemistry,chemistry.....side......abi Anatomy dey poly?
honestly... I asked 3 computer science student what's the full name for MP4 dey couldn't tel me thou I got one friend we both attend poly the guy is good but he developed himself individually..
for SLT students most gals offering that course... I mean most don't know how to conduct experiments them selves...
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by leppyj(m): 10:12pm On Jul 07, 2014
Normality:

Broda,well said!
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by RAO1(m): 10:28pm On Jul 07, 2014
For God's sake!....I'm always furious and at times couldn't contain myself (esp wen it comes to physical argument)whenever I come across this .... why ll UNIS graduates believe they are better than POLYS graduates when majority of you are just out there "spitting vocs " n blv that's all.. . One thing I blv in is "individuality ".....I av had encounters with UNI graduates/undergraduates ...a guy from LAUTECH (ab no b uni)...who could not express himself fluently n lady from OAU (d so-called "great Ife "wink....who came for her IT in UI @400lvl-500lvl ,,,,was telling that faithful day (dt our boss added his idea )dt they av not been taught wot We were tot in ND11( it has to do with law of contracts )....
Accepted! UNI is superior to poly (only in Nigeria ),what's d position of d best Nigerian university in d world / Africa?
Let Nigeria leaders continue WORSHIPPING certificates....
Emi a kuku se oriire.... ni agbara eledua....
I Rep THE POLYTECHNIC, IBADAN
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jul 07, 2014
Sagamite:

Kai!

Mo ro go! (I am in trouble)

See the typical moronic logic of a product of a failed education system.
just keep on deluding yourself because a professor taught you, your professor knows everything ba, anu-mpoko like you
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by RAO1(m): 10:56pm On Jul 07, 2014
China is focusing on technical n technological skills..... ur so-called engineers( with unis degrees) are controlled / supervised by Chinese technical schools graduates.... I was @ shoprite, ring rd, Ibadan.... And numerous construction works like that.....
Unis r to carry out research works,ba?...
wot n wot r new academic research works av We heard about only this year (halfway )
#bullshit
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by RAO1(m): 11:02pm On Jul 07, 2014
ITbomb: Forgive my ignorance but do we have Professors in Polytechnics?
Ur "balloon professors " ... u r a graduate/undergraduate of which skul? Name a great academic research work by a professor in ur skul..
No hypothesis! not to talk of a theory....

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (21) (Reply)

2 FUTA Students Drown While Taking Selfie On Canoe (Graphic Photos) / Veronica Ezeh-Chioma, UNIZIK Student, Dies Of Gas Explosion (pics) / Two FUTO Students Found Dead In Their Lodge Today (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.