Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,035 members, 7,799,515 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:23 PM

My Son’s Resignation From Govt Shocking -oba Of Benin - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Son’s Resignation From Govt Shocking -oba Of Benin (28297 Views)

PDP Reacts To Clark’s Resignation From The Party / Where Are Igbos, Yorubas In Buhari’s Govt? - Shocking Appointment List ! / Fuel Crisis: Marketers Deny Receiving Payment From Govt, Say Strike Continues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Son’s Resignation From Govt Shocking -oba Of Benin by fkaz(m): 8:58pm On Jul 04, 2014
The Oba of Benin, Omo N’Oba Erediauwa, has dissociated himself from the reported resignation of his son and defection to the Peoples Democratic Party from the All Progressives Congress.
The Benin monarch made this known in a statement in Benin on Friday.

According to the statement, the Oba, who expressed shock that his son, Prince Osama Erediauwa, resigned his appointment as Executive Director in the Office of the Governor, said Erediauwa’s action did not represent his opinion as the Oba.

The statement read, “The Omo N’Oba N’Edo, Uku Akpolokpolo, Oba of Benin, has heard in the news media the news about his son, Prince Osama Erediauwa, who resigned his appointment with the Edo State Government and joined the Peoples Democratic Party, to pursue his political aspiration.

“This is to let the general public know that it was shocking to the Omo N’Oba that Prince Osama resigned his appointment as an Executive Director in the Governor’s office.

“The essence of this press release is to let the general public, especially mischief makers, know that the decision Prince Osama took to resign his appointment and join the PDP is entirely at his discretion.

“It does not represent the position of the Omo N’Oba. The Omo N’Oba is solidly behind the state government ably led by Comrade Adams Aliyu Oshiomhole.”

The Oba’s son had, in a letter to the Secretary to the State Government on Wednesday, resigned his appointment with the state government.

http://www.punchng.com/news/my-sons-resignation-from-govt-shocking-oba-of-benin/

8 Likes

Re: My Son’s Resignation From Govt Shocking -oba Of Benin by philips70(m): 9:07pm On Jul 04, 2014
Oshiomhole will never share the money even if they all resign and cross to PDP. This oba knows the difference between development and criminals which the PDP represents in Edo state.

70 Likes

Re: My Son’s Resignation From Govt Shocking -oba Of Benin by psucc(m): 9:35pm On Jul 04, 2014
Let's be a bit objective for once. Oshobaba came in not because of the party but his antecedents as the labour leader paved the way.

honestly, PDP, APC or whatever are birds of same feather.

38 Likes

Re: My Son’s Resignation From Govt Shocking -oba Of Benin by Yungwizzzy28(m): 9:42pm On Jul 04, 2014
Edo is gradually collapsing

7 Likes

Re: My Son’s Resignation From Govt Shocking -oba Of Benin by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jul 04, 2014
Well the Oba is supposed to be apolitical, so I didn't expect him to take sides.

Anyway...

13 Likes

Re: My Son’s Resignation From Govt Shocking -oba Of Benin by OmoLisabi(m): 11:25pm On Jul 04, 2014
God bless the King

17 Likes

Re: My Son’s Resignation From Govt Shocking -oba Of Benin by OmoLisabi(m): 11:26pm On Jul 04, 2014
PDP are only interested in sharing money

13 Likes

Re: My Son’s Resignation From Govt Shocking -oba Of Benin by fr3do(m): 11:33pm On Jul 04, 2014
The royal Family shouldnt be involved with politics o.

19 Likes

Re: My Son’s Resignation From Govt Shocking -oba Of Benin by MisterLongman(m): 12:26am On Jul 05, 2014
fr3do: The royal Family shouldnt be involved with politics o.
Well its obvious the royal family of Benin is involved

26 Likes

Re: My Son’s Resignation From Govt Shocking -oba Of Benin by fitzmayowa: 12:35am On Jul 05, 2014
Oba's son resigning from oshiomole's government and joining PDP is not a crime, freedom of association/dissociation is supported by the constitution...

I don't know why the Oba is distancing himself from his son decision...I wonder why the oba is making an issue out of this...

34 Likes

Re: My Son’s Resignation From Govt Shocking -oba Of Benin by shaggy007(m): 4:59am On Jul 05, 2014
I don't know what to say. PDP and APC are two sides of the same coin. So it doesn't matter where he goes (although I hate the Muslim APC party).

I wanted to say something, but its skipped my mind (I'm always skipping, guess its the marijuana).

Oh yeah, now I've remembered. smiley

Since we have Prince Osama, I'll be waiting to hear from Prince Bin-Laden.

59 Likes

Re: My Son’s Resignation From Govt Shocking -oba Of Benin by LordMecuzy(m): 5:01am On Jul 05, 2014
Nigerian Politicians was tins are not favourable they switch immediately.

After all they are not fighting for my benefits, but for them and their kids

2 Likes

Re: My Son’s Resignation From Govt Shocking -oba Of Benin by LilDonne(m): 5:03am On Jul 05, 2014
HeheheHe
Re: My Son’s Resignation From Govt Shocking -oba Of Benin by miccheck58: 5:03am On Jul 05, 2014
Yungwizzzy28: I am gradually collapsing

WELL-FIXED

11 Likes

Re: My Son’s Resignation From Govt Shocking -oba Of Benin by kolamilan(m): 5:03am On Jul 05, 2014
Yungwizzzy28: Edo is gradually collapsing
Some people are like trees, they take for ever to grow up na wa o

8 Likes

Re: My Son’s Resignation From Govt Shocking -oba Of Benin by Big4wig(m): 5:04am On Jul 05, 2014
I can't believe she is asking for another recharge card,Some Naija girls need to learn that relationship is not a source of INCOME angry

17 Likes

Re: My Son’s Resignation From Govt Shocking -oba Of Benin by justi4jesu(f): 5:04am On Jul 05, 2014
Na by force undecided
Re: My Son’s Resignation From Govt Shocking -oba Of Benin by kolamilan(m): 5:05am On Jul 05, 2014
miccheck58:

WELL-FIXED
plus fuc1king one +1
Re: My Son’s Resignation From Govt Shocking -oba Of Benin by Dominionng(m): 5:07am On Jul 05, 2014
It's nah funny anymore! Can you guys put a stop to calling APC and PDP same!

Please!! Thievery is different from Corruption!!!

5 Likes

Re: My Son’s Resignation From Govt Shocking -oba Of Benin by cross19: 5:07am On Jul 05, 2014
The son has the right 2 his own choice of party

1 Like

Re: My Son’s Resignation From Govt Shocking -oba Of Benin by Nobody: 5:07am On Jul 05, 2014
The boy has stolen enough for the next 5 generations. grin
Re: My Son’s Resignation From Govt Shocking -oba Of Benin by Gboliwe: 5:08am On Jul 05, 2014
What exactly is the job description of an Executive Director in a state government?

Which of us living outside Edo state has ever heard of the Oba's son, plus he being in the government, plus even resigning? They want to sensationalise this one too? Of what relevance is the Oba's son being in whatever party to me? Attention seekers!

13 Likes

Re: My Son’s Resignation From Govt Shocking -oba Of Benin by PastorOluT(m): 5:11am On Jul 05, 2014
So much drama in d nation called Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: My Son’s Resignation From Govt Shocking -oba Of Benin by DAVECENA(m): 5:11am On Jul 05, 2014
tuaw le.oloru.oba may u live long

1 Like

Re: My Son’s Resignation From Govt Shocking -oba Of Benin by YoursGEJ(m): 5:17am On Jul 05, 2014
The son should go and die

5 Likes

Re: My Son’s Resignation From Govt Shocking -oba Of Benin by 1stola: 5:17am On Jul 05, 2014
So, wetin make I do
Re: My Son’s Resignation From Govt Shocking -oba Of Benin by abu12: 5:22am On Jul 05, 2014
Gboliwe: What exactly is the job description of an Executive Director in a state government?

Which of us living outside Edo state has ever heard of the Oba's son, plus he being in the government, plus even resigning? They want to sensationalise this one too? Of what relevance is the Oba's son being in whatever party to me? Attention seekers!

U won't know the relevance, but the killer party know the relevance when they celebrate his resignation, the oba do the right thing.

*The sixth son of the Benin Monarch, Prince Osama
Erediauwa, Thursday, resigned his appointment as the
Executive director of Edo State Government and
immediately defected to the Peoples Democratic
Party (PDP) shortly after tendering his resignation.
According to Erediauwa, he dumped APC because he
want to embrace change.
“Thank you for welcoming me to the party. I just
tendered my resignation. I decided to embrace
change to work and take over the state.”

“We will see action as time progresses.”
The state chairman of the party, Chief Dan Orbih who
described the political move of the prince as a big
addition to the party urged serving commissioners
and political aides of Governor Adams Oshiomhole
that have expressed willingness to join the PDP to
wait till the national leadership and President
Goodluck Jonathan visit the state.

5 Likes

Re: My Son’s Resignation From Govt Shocking -oba Of Benin by yorke1: 5:22am On Jul 05, 2014
Oshiomhole is gradually reducing Edo state t nothing. Is style of Godfatherism is untidy. Come 2016, he probably would be the only one left in Jajanweed party in Edo state. Annd. As for the letter, I doubt. It was written by the Oba of Benin. As usual APC cooked that letter.

5 Likes

Re: My Son’s Resignation From Govt Shocking -oba Of Benin by sohl7(m): 5:26am On Jul 05, 2014
So traditional rulers too don dey involve for politics abi......soon 'em go wan contest for election

1 Like

Re: My Son’s Resignation From Govt Shocking -oba Of Benin by SLIDEwaxie(m): 5:26am On Jul 05, 2014
Nobody resigns form a good paying job unless when he is to take on a better paying offer! Money speaks. Oba, u knw wetin happen naa

4 Likes

Re: My Son’s Resignation From Govt Shocking -oba Of Benin by greatgod2012(f): 5:29am On Jul 05, 2014
I think obas are not suppose to be involved in politics

Na wa for Naija politics! Everyone seems to be in politics in one way or the other!

As for the defecting son, he has the right to, abi, is he not old enough to take decisions, but only him and God knows the reason for his action.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

President Jonathan’s Mother Reveals Why He Was Named ‘Goodluck’ / Tinubu’s Associates Fear Buhari May Turn Against Him After 2019 / Ndume: I Can No Longer Be Maina’s Surety, He Is Untrustworthy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.