Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,411 members, 7,781,191 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:24 AM

Studying In US And Canada Faq's - Educational Services (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Educational Services / Studying In US And Canada Faq's (57563 Views)

Unn 2015/16 Departmental Cut-off Mark (faq) / Universities In US And Canada That Doesn't Require GRE / Tution Free Universities In Norway, Sweden And Canada Urgent Please! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Studying In US And Canada Faq's by ShylockConsults: 5:47am On Dec 21, 2017
PUT IN YOUR APPLICATION TO STUDY ABROAD NOW!!!

Our Partnering Universities in North Cyprus are now accepting Applications for Spring (February) Intake, 2018.
Undergraduate and Graduate Programs Offered.

50% Scholarship
Initial Payment of as low as 1000 Euros
Balance paid on Installment on Arrival
Visa Guaranteed.
No TOEFL/GRE Required.

We offer Professional Counselling and Guidance from Pre-Application to Post-Landing, even to Registration at affordable Service Charge Payable to.

Bank: First Bank of Nigeria PLC
Account Name: Shylock Consults Limited
Account No: 3097071009

Our Secured Online Payment Platform with Credit Cards.

We also accept Bitcoin for all Payment.

To Apply and for more info:
Email: shylockconsults@yahoo.com
Call +905488793304, +905338577830
Web: www.shylockconsults.com
Whatsapp: +2348069069532
Instagram: shylockconsults
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/shylockconsults

Agencies are Partners are welcome to collaborate with us.
We also process to other Universities worldwide.
Re: Studying In US And Canada Faq's by dafemlions: 3:16am On Dec 29, 2017
hardeynhiyhi:

hello Dafe, pls I've mailed you, I'll be glad if you can reply the message. thank you Sir... and I'll like to appreciate all your effort

I just replied all the emails.

Regards
Re: Studying In US And Canada Faq's by Tholley(m): 1:53pm On Dec 30, 2017
Hello Mr Dafe... I've been following this thread right from the very first. I just resumed my 300l and I would like to start preparing for the GRE and also to start making necessary arrangements towards graduation. That said, I'll be needing a personal tutor/mentor and your expertise and knowledge 'll be highly appreciated. Promise to document my journey /progress here. smiley
Re: Studying In US And Canada Faq's by dafemlions: 8:02pm On Jan 02, 2018
Tholley:
Hello Mr Dafe... I've been following this thread right from the very first. I just resumed my 300l and I would like to start preparing for the GRE and also to start making necessary arrangements towards graduation. That said, I'll be needing a personal tutor/mentor and your expertise and knowledge 'll be highly appreciated. Promise to document my journey /progress here. smiley

That sounds good. Will be willing to provide you with the appropriate guidance. You can send an email to gre.nigeria@yahoo.com so that your journey/progress thus far are not made public.

Regards
Re: Studying In US And Canada Faq's by Tholley(m): 4:25pm On Jan 03, 2018
dafemlions:

That sounds good. Will be willing to provide you with the appropriate guidance. You can send an email to gre.nigeria@yahoo.com so that your journey/progress thus far are not made public.

Regards
Got it. I'll get in touch.
Thanks
Re: Studying In US And Canada Faq's by dafemlions: 6:57am On Jan 04, 2018
Tholley:

Got it. I'll get in touch.
Thanks

You are welcome.
Re: Studying In US And Canada Faq's by LazyFolk: 2:28pm On Jan 06, 2018
dafemlions:

Regards

Please, how do i go about evaluating my transcript with WES?
Re: Studying In US And Canada Faq's by dafemlions: 3:03am On Jan 11, 2018
LazyFolk:

Please, how do i go about evaluating my transcript with WES?

Go to www.wes.org to read more. You need to fill out the application and make payment before sending your transcripts. I always recommend course-by-course evaluation. Once they obtain your transcripts, they will send a copy back to your University to confirm whether they actually issued the transcripts. Once they get a response from your University confirming that they issued the transcripts, they will go ahead to evaluate them and send you a copy when they conclude the evaluation. Once that is done, you can always request for your transcripts from WES at anytime.

Please note that if you need to evaluate your undergraduate and Masters transcripts, you do not need to make separate payments. That is, either you evaluate your B.Sc transcript alone or evaluates both B.Sc and Masters transcripts, or evaluates B.Sc, M.Sc, and Ph.D transcripts, you will pay the same amount of money.
Re: Studying In US And Canada Faq's by Amakyzuu: 2:57pm On Feb 12, 2018
Hello. How do I calculate my present 3.85/5.0 CGPA to 4.0 grading system.
The school in question requires 3.0/4.0 or 3.2/4.0 during the last two years. My CGPA during my last 2 years of study is 4.49/5.0. Thank u.
Re: Studying In US And Canada Faq's by dafemlions: 12:18am On Feb 14, 2018
Amakyzuu:
Hello. How do I calculate my present 3.85/5.0 CGPA to 4.0 grading system.
The school in question requires 3.0/4.0 or 3.2/4.0 during the last two years. My CGPA during my last 2 years of study is 4.49/5.0. Thank u.

The best way to get it done is to send it to WES and let them get the evaluation done for you. Their website is www.wes.org

I hope this helps,

Regards
Re: Studying In US And Canada Faq's by ShylockConsults: 10:46am On Feb 14, 2018
STUDY IN HUNGARY

With/Without IELTS | * Very High Visa Ratio | *Work Allowed
* Admissions are open for Fall 2018 (September)
* Undergraduate and Postgraduate Departments
Deadline: 15th May, 2018

Email: shylockconsults@yahoo.com
Call +905488793304, +905338577830
Web: www.shylockconsults.com
Whatsapp: +2348069069532
Facebook: www.facebook.com/shylockconsults
Instagram: shylockconsults

#UOD #UniversityofDebrecen #EducationinHungary #StudyinHungary #StudyinEurope #EducationinEurope #StudyinSchengen #HungarianEducation #StudyinDebrecen #SCL
Re: Studying In US And Canada Faq's by Joynwa: 2:10am On Feb 15, 2018
Hello! Thank God am finally here!
My cousin sister have been telling me about this platform as an undergraduate when she noticed I have the desire to study abroad (Canada to be precise). I can't really say what happened, but I was not able to see myself here until yesterday when she sent this link to me. I've read the articles contained in this thread (though not all) and they are really pointing at where am going to, kudos to the writer.
I really need guidance on the right steps to take.
Being that I made a CGPA of 4.51 on graduation, my cousin sister told me about the need to apply for the MSc and funding as well, she emphasised on the likelihood of me getting such if I press the right button. So she adviced me to join this platform to get connected with people that knows the right button, when and how to press it. Thank God I met the right person who sorts issues out on this thread. Sir if you don't mind, can you please allow me to drink from your overflowing well of knowledge, advice and suggestions on the steps to take as a beginner (though am still reading the articles on this thread from the beginning, forgive me for being too fast to post this, guess its over excitement that accompanies the knowledge that you are in the right place, smiles). Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Studying In US And Canada Faq's by Nobody: 7:36pm On Feb 18, 2018
I want to apply for Masters, Can I get an Associates degree first?
Re: Studying In US And Canada Faq's by dafemlions: 1:17am On Mar 13, 2018
Joynwa:
Hello! Thank God am finally here!
My cousin sister have been telling me about this platform as an undergraduate when she noticed I have the desire to study abroad (Canada to be precise). I can't really say what happened, but I was not able to see myself here until yesterday when she sent this link to me. I've read the articles contained in this thread (though not all) and they are really pointing at where am going to, kudos to the writer.
I really need guidance on the right steps to take.
Being that I made a CGPA of 4.51 on graduation, my cousin sister told me about the need to apply for the MSc and funding as well, she emphasised on the likelihood of me getting such if I press the right button. So she adviced me to join this platform to get connected with people that knows the right button, when and how to press it. Thank God I met the right person who sorts issues out on this thread. Sir if you don't mind, can you please allow me to drink from your overflowing well of knowledge, advice and suggestions on the steps to take as a beginner (though am still reading the articles on this thread from the beginning, forgive me for being too fast to post this, guess its over excitement that accompanies the knowledge that you are in the right place, smiles). Thank you.

Hello Joynwa,
It's good to have you on board. I am willing to guide you step-by-step all the way but not to spoon feed you. As a starting point, I will advice you to first read through the thread from the beginning to the end. This is because I do not have time answering questions I have already answered in the thread. After you might have done this, I am willing to answer any additional questions you may have.

I hope this helps,

Regards

1 Like

Re: Studying In US And Canada Faq's by dafemlions: 1:21am On Mar 13, 2018
kofoWGT:
I want to apply for Masters, Can I get an Associates degree first?

I believe that for you to want to apply for Masters, that means you have a B.Sc. Associate degree is equivalent to OND in Nigeria. So if you have a B.Sc, why do you want to apply for OND again? or may be your question is incomplete.
Re: Studying In US And Canada Faq's by examplanet: 12:51am On Apr 15, 2018
Exam Planet Services offers comprehensive training/tutorials for TOEFL, GRE, IELTS, PTE, GMAT and SAT examinations in Nigeria for students who want to study abroad. The classes are usually very interesting and educative, as we have excellent tutors to teach and guide test takers. Prospective students can visit any of our study center to subscribe for training/classes.

ABUJA: 14, KUMASI CRESCENT, OFF AMINU KANO CRESCENT, WUSE II, ABUJA, NIGERIA.

LAGOS MAINLAND: ADEDAYO HOUSE, 36 LAGOS-ABEOKUTA EXPRESSWAY, CEMENT BUS STOP, AGEGE, LAGOS STATE, NIGERIA.

LEKKI: 7B, FATAI KAFFO STREET, OFF AGUNGI-AJIRAN ROAD, BEHIND DOMINOS PIZZA, AGUNGI, LEKKI, LAGOS.

PORT HARCOURT: 460, IKWERE ROAD, RUMUOKUTA, PORT HARCOURT, RIVER STATE, NIGERIA.

IBADAN: 39, MOLETE ROAD, OPPOSITE GENESIS HOTEL, CHALLENGE, IBADAN, NIGERIA

You can also call any of our hotlines during work hours (8am - 6pm), 09077619061, 09071136672.

More information are also available on our website - https://examplanet.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Studying In US And Canada Faq's by sanmi95: 5:30pm On May 30, 2018
Good afternoon, im from Nigeria. I have a bachelor's degree (second class lower 3.30 of 5.0 grade point scale) in Economics. I would like to go for an MBA or a business related course for Masters( on funding/scholarship) in the US immediately after NYSC. Please can you help me out with necessary information. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Studying In US And Canada Faq's by dafemlions: 11:39pm On Jun 08, 2018
sanmi95:
Good afternoon, I am Akosile Oluwasanmi from Nigeria. I have a bachelor's degree (second class lower 3.30 of 5.0 grade point scale) in Economics from the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta, Nigeria. I would like to go for an MBA or a business related course for Masters( on funding/scholarship) in the US immediately after NYSC. Please can you help me out with necessary information. Thanks in anticipation.

I have responded to your email.
Re: Studying In US And Canada Faq's by mykhelz958: 8:40am On Jun 13, 2018
Please whats the group name on linkedIn

Hello Guys,
I will like to introduce you to a linkedin group called "Grad School Info Enclave".

Enumerated below are our group policies:

- This group will NEVER request for money or any other form of assistance from its members.
- This group will NOT give any form of financial assistance to any member; our goal and commitment is to provide you with necessary information on getting into North American graduate schools.
- This group requires you to have a good LinkedIn profile picture of yourself as an easy form of identification.
- This group will NOT help anyone register for requisite exams (like GRE, GMAT, etc); moreover, this group will NOT help anyone pay graduate school application fees.
- This group requires that prospective members ask questions that are STRICTLY in line with the goal of this group; discussions on sociopolitical, economic and cultural issues are not allowed on this professional forum.
- This group is NOT LIABLE to possible losses that may be incurred from unsuccessful admission/exam attempts.

If you are ready to abide by the group policies, I will suggest that you search for the group on linkedin and send a request to join the group.

[/quote]
Re: Studying In US And Canada Faq's by Koyex11: 3:37am On Sep 01, 2018
dafemlions thanks for this comprehensive writeup. God will bless you just like you have blessed us with this valuable information. I applied to 2 schools last year ranked 12th and 43rd in their engineering graduate program. I got accepted into the latter with no funding. I'll like to know if complete waiving of tuition is mostly given by private schools than public ones, to narrow down my search?
Re: Studying In US And Canada Faq's by kristlike: 10:57pm On Sep 05, 2018
following
Re: Studying In US And Canada Faq's by Jdamzel(f): 9:02am On Sep 06, 2018
Hello. Thanks Dafemlions...this thread has been very informative. Please I want to ask about the WES evaluation. As regards the issue of WAEC. I intend going for Msc in the U.S,do I need to attach WAEC as documents WES will evaluate??I already know my degree certificate and university transcripts will be sent. Am confused cos someone I know that did his recently didn't send WAEC. Pls someone should clarify me. I studied pharmacy
Re: Studying In US And Canada Faq's by dafemlions: 9:36pm On Sep 28, 2018
Koyex11:
dafemlions thanks for this comprehensive writeup. God will bless you just like you have blessed us with this valuable information. I applied to 2 schools last year ranked 12th and 43rd in their engineering graduate program. I got accepted into the latter with no funding. I'll like to know if complete waiving of tuition is mostly given by private schools than public ones, to narrow down my search?

Public schools provide better scholarship in terms of tuition and monthly stipends when compared with private schools.
Re: Studying In US And Canada Faq's by dafemlions: 9:46pm On Sep 28, 2018
Jdamzel:
Hello. Thanks Dafemlions...this thread has been very informative. Please I want to ask about the WES evaluation. As regards the issue of WAEC. I intend going for Msc in the U.S,do I need to attach WAEC as documents WES will evaluate??I already know my degree certificate and university transcripts will be sent. Am confused cos someone I know that did his recently didn't send WAEC. Pls someone should clarify me. I studied pharmacy

Since you have bachelors degree already, you do not need to include your WAEC in the WES evaluation. You only need to include your bachelors transcript in your application since you are going in for a Masters degree. It is only those that are going for an associate degree or bachelors that would be required to send in their WAEC certificate for WES evaluation.

Please note that: If you send your WAEC certificate and Bachelors transcript to WES, you will pay the same amount of money that you will pay just for your bachelors alone.

For example, if you are applying for Ph.D and you will like to do a WES evaluation for your bachelors and Masters transcripts, you will pay the same flat rate for both transcripts as you would have paid for either bachelors or masters transcripts. All you need to do is to indicate that you are evaluating both bachelors and Masters transcripts together.

In clear terms
For bachelors transcript = $240
Bachelors and Masters transcripts = $240

Hope this helps,
Regards

1 Like

Re: Studying In US And Canada Faq's by ScoreMax: 11:40pm On Oct 11, 2018
To date, the typical view of students studying abroad is still something akin to attending a finishing school – something in which only the well-placed and wealthy are interested or indeed can afford. You need soft skills to be competitive in the work force and land a good job, you know.
Even though globalization and the internet have made the world smaller, there are still reasons to leave home. You learn not to “navel contemplate.” Looking outward makes you realize that there is a world outside Nigeria which has a lot to offer in the ways of opportunities and culture.
Studying abroad makes you gain insight into human behavior and learn to recognize and appreciate other points of view; you develop poise and self-confidence. You learn to listen. Really listen. Because you will be hearing different syntax, different expressions, different concepts from those you have at home.

However, the biggest stumbling block to studying abroad is financial.

That's where we come in. You can spend less by registering your TOEFL or GRE with us. We provide study materials and Online Prep Course at negotiable prices. We give tips and techniques to help you pass at a sit.

The most important thing is to get you enrolled in schools that charge less tuitions and give up to 50% scholarships to international students.
We also give professional advice with respect to work-study.

Write to us via etstoeflgre.reg@gmail.com or call us on 09026425497 to get started.

N.B: In case you have interest to partner with us, please contact us immediately. We hope to have a smooth working relationship with you. We are extremely optimistic about the success of our partnership.
Re: Studying In US And Canada Faq's by roadtomba: 3:09am On Oct 31, 2018
Hello,

Write to us at roadtomba@gmail.com or visit our page- www.roadtomba.ng to learn about how we're helping young Africans accomplish their dream of getting an MBA from a top business school.

MBA applications are very competitive, and we understand how daunting the process can be. Our goal is to provide African candidates with the right tools and resources to help them succeed.

We have a team of experienced consultants that graduated from top business schools, who are passionate about supporting others through the application process. As Africans who went through the process and succeeded, we believe we can make a difference, by sharing our experiences and knowledge of the process.

​Our desire is to make this journey easier for you, and to help make your dream a reality.
Re: Studying In US And Canada Faq's by Damolaay(m): 12:35pm On Nov 07, 2018
dafemlions:

The best way to get it done is to send it to WES and let them get the evaluation done for you. Their website is www.wes.org

I hope this helps,

Regards

Hello Sir, I sent you a mail and I need your response

Thanks for the great work.
Re: Studying In US And Canada Faq's by dafemlions: 3:31pm On Nov 07, 2018
Damolaay:

Hello Sir, I sent you a mail and I need your response

Thanks for the great work.

I have replied all emails

regards
Re: Studying In US And Canada Faq's by mdgreen(m): 11:50am On Nov 09, 2018
dafemlions:

Since you have bachelors degree already, you do not need to include your WAEC in the WES evaluation. You only need to include your bachelors transcript in your application since you are going in for a Masters degree. It is only those that are going for an associate degree or bachelors that would be required to send in their WAEC certificate for WES evaluation.

Please note that: If you send your WAEC certificate and Bachelors transcript to WES, you will pay the same amount of money that you will pay just for your bachelors alone.

For example, if you are applying for Ph.D and you will like to do a WES evaluation for your bachelors and Masters transcripts, you will pay the same flat rate for both transcripts as you would have paid for either bachelors or masters transcripts. All you need to do is to indicate that you are evaluating both bachelors and Masters transcripts together.

In clear terms
For bachelors transcript = $240
Bachelors and Masters transcripts = $240

Hope this helps,
Regards

My brother I have been following you from the beginning of this thread, all i have to say is thank you for selfless service am happy and God will raise a helper at the point of your need.
AM PLANING TO STUDY IN CANADA( MASTER IN AGRICULTURE
THESE ARE MY QUESTION..........
1. I NEED A STEP BY STEP ON HOW TO COMMENCES MY STUDY IN CANADA.
2. AS AN AGRICULTURAL STUDENT CAN I APPLY FOR OTHER COURSE. APART FROM AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE I DID AS FIRST DEGREE?
3. CAN I GET MY MASTERS FUNDED BY MYSELF AND STILL HAVE A PART TIME JOB DURING MY PROGRAM?
4. WHICH SCH. IN CANADA IS THE BEST AGRICULTURAL RELATED FIELD?
5. PRESENTLY MY INT. PASS.P HAVE EXPIRED, I HAVE NOT APPLY FOR TRANSCRIPT FROM MY SCH., HAVENT APPLY TO ANY SCH. IN CANADA YET, AND HAVE NOT WRITTEN GRE EXAM. FOR ME TO PREPARE FOR MEET UP. HOW DO I GO ABOUT IT?
6. SEND ME INFORMATION THAT IS RELEVANT FOR MY QUEST TO STUDY IN CANADA, ALSO SEND ME GRE QNA.

THANKS FOR YOUR KIND AND SELFLESS SERVICES. SEE YOU AT THE PEAK!!!!!!
Re: Studying In US And Canada Faq's by Jfocus5662: 5:35am On Nov 10, 2018
dafemlions:

BSc and HND are equivalent in the US. I have a friend who used his HND and got accepted directly into a Masters program. I will just suggest that you do the WES evaluation of your OND and HND together. That will be equivalent to BSc here in the US and Canada.

I hope this helps.

Ooh....thank God....I’ve started the evaluation with WES already and I’m an HNd holder....but the thing is Ive been able to send just my transcriot and it’s already showing “evaluation in progress” on my portal and I’m required not to go any other thing at this moment.....should I just go ahead and send all other necessary documents like my. WAEC scratch card and my Two NOR (ND & HND) or I should just wait for WEs to notify me about that.
Re: Studying In US And Canada Faq's by Jfocus5662: 5:46am On Nov 10, 2018
dafemlions:

I believe that for you to want to apply for Masters, that means you have a B.Sc. Associate degree is equivalent to OND in Nigeria. So if you have a B.Sc, why do you want to apply for OND again? or may be your question is incomplete.

So HND is a go for Masters in the US right?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

JAMB PAST QUESTION AND ANSWER / I Need Good Accounting Project Topics For My Final Year Project. / Download Complete Project Topics And Materials For FREE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.