Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,047 members, 7,799,549 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:45 AM

Things To Take Nysc Orientation Camp For Batch B Awaiting Nysc Corpers. - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Things To Take Nysc Orientation Camp For Batch B Awaiting Nysc Corpers. (11396 Views)

Inside Cross River NYSC 'Orientation Camp' (Photos) / How I Sneaked Out Of NYSC Camp For A Bank Interview / Pictures From NYSC Orientation Camp In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Things To Take Nysc Orientation Camp For Batch B Awaiting Nysc Corpers. by ini4: 2:17am On Jul 05, 2014
ATTENTION!…MORE THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT/TAKE TO NYSC ORIENTATION CAMP 2014
Camp Requirements NYSC Nigeria
If you are going to the Nigeria’s National Youth Orientation (NYSC) Camp soon after you
have known your NYSC Posting through your call-up
letter. Here are the important things you need to take
along so that you don’t get stranded and helpless.
Imagine if you forgot a document you need for
registration in Oyo State orientation camp and you came all the way from Borno State. You don’t want to be in that situation.
I decided to write this article from my experience at the NYSC Orientation camp because I don’t want prospective Corp Members to face the same kind of hardship I faced before gaining my balance.
Requirements for Registration
Registration is the first and most important thing at the orientation camp, just like at any other place. At the registration venue, you are expected to provide the following things:
Official NYSC Camp Requirements :
1. Your final year Student ID Card
2. Notification of Result from your School (Original and Photocopies)
3. Passport Photograph (Take as many copy as you can but you will only need a few)
4. Your original call-up letter (This will be taken and not returned to you, take photocopies along too)
The forms that will be handed to you and attach yourpassport are very easy to fill. Fill them correctly,because if you make mistakes on your name spelling, you will have BIG Problems with your Discharge Letter.
After your registration, you will be issued with your State Code Number. This will be like your PIN
throughout your Service Year.
After you have been given your State Code, you should proceed straight to collect your mattress and your NYSC Kit.
During my own time, I went straight to my hostel (you will be directed), put my mattress in place before going for my kit. Go for your kit on time so that you can get your size.
NOTE: Make a lot of Photocopies before going to Camp. A copy can be as much as N20 at the Orientation Camp.
Personal Needs For NYSC Camp Life – Things You Need To Take To NYSC Camp
Throughout your stay at the orientation camp, you will only be allowed to wear your white top and shorts; you might not like the ones that will be handed to you at camp so you can get those fitted LUX and CHASE DEER brands as long as they are white, your jungle boot and white canvas given to you at the camp; you might not like it so buy a fancy one along (White).
With these duly pointed out, no need to pack a lot of clothes to the Camp. You should only take a few in case you need to go to Mosque on a Friday or Church on a Sunday.
NOTE: Make sure you take extra white vest and shorts to Camp because
(1) they are very expensive at the Camp Market called MAMI MARKET
(2) you will most likely not have time  to wash during the week. You will also be so tired to wash during weekdays after going through all the Military Parades and Man O War Drills.
You will also need a WAIST POUCH (usually top of the list on what you need to take to NYSC orientation camp) to keep your valuables like cash, phones, and etc. while outside your room.You don’t want to lose anything at camp, so it’s safe to get that pouch.CARRY YOUR WAIST POUCH ANYWHERE.
Don’t take materials like pressing iron, knife, fork, tin cutter to the camp. They will be seized and returned to you only on the last day of camping. I was told this is a security measure.
If you have a camera you can take it along because you will want to snap a lot of scenes. If you have a Blackberry phone, that’s good for you because you can easily and share on social networks.  If you don’t have any of those, you will have to pay some guys on
camp who do that as business to follow you around and snap you wherever you go. They might charge up to N2000 for the duration of the camping. They should give you all your photos and videos in CDs at the end of Camping.
You will be fed three times a day in camp but I must not lie to you, the food there is nothing to write home about. They can be nice on few occasions but most days, they are poor (that’s my own view though)

3 Likes

Re: Things To Take Nysc Orientation Camp For Batch B Awaiting Nysc Corpers. by ini4: 2:21am On Jul 05, 2014
Good day fellas, an Opportunity had been given to be part of the NYSC Prospective BATCH B 2014 group on WHAPSAPP as well as getin full update on topics such as (1)How To Prepare For NYSC Orientation Camp. (2)The secret of knowing how to work your NYSC posting to OIL companies. (3)How NYSC year can land you your dream job. (4) Everybdy wnts to go for NYSC and nobdy cares to know what NYSC means, you should know what NYSC means. (5) Looking at the experiences of some Ex corpers who once did their NYSC in places like Lagos, Ph, Abuja, Enugu, Ogun, Edo nd etc. (6) Given you the opportunity to take a glance look at pictures of various camps, their toilet nd what to expect in most camps such as Lagos camp, Portharcourt camp, Abuja camp, Enugu camp, delta camp, Ogun, oyo, bayelsa nd etc. So many topics to be discuss which I jst gave u few of them and finally given you d chance to make good frnds in the whatsapp group as well both male nd female frnds which your likely goin to meet in the same NYSC orientation camp with you. To join the Whatsapp BATCH B group, drop your contacts or add this number on whatsapp 07033994318 to join the future Awaiting corps members(NYSC BATCH B 2014). Thank you...
Re: Things To Take Nysc Orientation Camp For Batch B Awaiting Nysc Corpers. by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jul 06, 2014
Re: Things To Take Nysc Orientation Camp For Batch B Awaiting Nysc Corpers. by Agozie48: 7:05pm On Jul 06, 2014
Re: Things To Take Nysc Orientation Camp For Batch B Awaiting Nysc Corpers. by x3da(m): 8:23pm On Jul 06, 2014
Re: Things To Take Nysc Orientation Camp For Batch B Awaiting Nysc Corpers. by sirEAGLES(m): 11:01am On Jul 07, 2014
@ini the retarded fellow, still trying 2 scam people abi, house this dude asked me 4 money so as to influence my posting when he does not have the means to do so & when d he deleted me 4rm his group, be warned @ini is a fraudster
Re: Things To Take Nysc Orientation Camp For Batch B Awaiting Nysc Corpers. by sirculynz(m): 12:33pm On Jul 07, 2014
Re: Things To Take Nysc Orientation Camp For Batch B Awaiting Nysc Corpers. by Niyinficient(m): 2:04pm On Jul 07, 2014
Peeps, don't join that watsapp group, its run by a dictator called Ini, he doesn't entertain opinions and talks as if he is d DG of NYSC, whenever u correct or say anyting that contradicts his opinions, he deletes u. He is a proud, arrogant, authoritative and bossy fool! Moreover most of d info he shares are gotten here frm Nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: Things To Take Nysc Orientation Camp For Batch B Awaiting Nysc Corpers. by sirEAGLES(m): 3:21pm On Jul 07, 2014
@ini should be banned 4rm this section b4 some gullible people fall under his fraudulent schemes, besides he was under suspension by the mod b4 the attack on this site
Re: Things To Take Nysc Orientation Camp For Batch B Awaiting Nysc Corpers. by sirEAGLES(m): 3:31pm On Jul 07, 2014
Niyinficient: he deletes u. He is a proud, arrogant, authoritative and bossy fool! Moreover most of d info he shares are gotten here frm Nairaland.
though ini is full of faults, u don't have 2 sink to his level by insulting him, I will post screen grabber of the chat he asked 4 money 4rm me soon
Re: Things To Take Nysc Orientation Camp For Batch B Awaiting Nysc Corpers. by yokiti: 9:25pm On Jul 07, 2014
Niyinficient: Peeps, don't join that watsapp group, its run by a dictator called Ini, he doesn't entertain opinions and talks as if he is d DG of NYSC, whenever u correct or say anyting that contradicts his opinions, he deletes u. He is a proud, arrogant, authoritative and bossy fool! Moreover most of d info he shares are gotten here frm Nairaland.
I appreciate this; necessary action has been taken to prevent future occurence.
www.nairaland.com/1788410/prospective-2014-nysc-batch-b

(1)

Best States For NYSC Posting, With The Official Salaries / Corpers: How Do Soldiers In Your Various Camps Treat You? / Help: Can I Get A Job Without NYSC Certificate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.