Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,854 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:12 AM

Neymar Ruled Out Of World Cup With Fractured Vertebra - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Neymar Ruled Out Of World Cup With Fractured Vertebra (821 Views)

List Of Individual Award Winners For 2015 U17 World Cup (with Photos) / Neymar Out Of World Cup With Fractured Vertebrae. / Neymar Ruled Out Of World Cup With Fractured Vertebra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Neymar Ruled Out Of World Cup With Fractured Vertebra by Nobody: 2:34am On Jul 05, 2014
Brazil forward Neymar has been ruled out of the
remainder of the World Cup after suffering a
broken vertebra in his side's win over Colombia.
Team doctor Rodrigo Lasmar confirmed the news
to Brazilian TV after the Barcelona star underwent further tests in a Fortaleza hospital.
Lasmar said: "It's not easy news to give but the
truth is he won't be available for the rest of the
World Cup.
"The tests showed a fracture near the third
vertebra. It won't need surgery but he needs to be immobilised to control the pain. He cannot play, a
week will not be enough.
"He needs cautious treatment, with a belt around
his back so he'll feel more comfortable. It is also
required for him to heal the fracture." The news realises the worst fears of coach Luiz
Felipe Scolari, who will be without both his star
attacker and best defender against Germany in
the semi-finals on Tuesday with captain Thiago
Silva suspended.
Neymar was caught from behind by a reckless Juan Zuniga challenge and had to be carried off
on a stretcher towards the end of the Selecao's
2-1 victory.
Scolari was pessimistic after the match. He said:
"Neymar went to the clinic here in the stadium. He
was kneed on his lower back and he was crying out in pain and I can guarantee that it won’t be
easy for him to recover, based on what the doctor
told us and the pain he’s in. And as it’s lower
back, I don’t know." Scolari bore no grudges against Zuniga and
insisted Brazil would move forward with
confidence even without their talisman.
He added: "Everyone knows that Neymar was
going to be hunted. We knew this was the case.
"I don't think the foul was on purpose, I think he came in to stop the ball. There's no point in
thinking about it, the game is over.
"If anything has to change, we’ll do that and we’ll
play a great game."
Zuniga insisted there was no malice in the
challenge. He said: "I never meant to hurt the player, I was just defending the shirt."
Neymar is the darling of the Selecao fans who
must now be wondering where the goals are
going to come from as the tournament enters its
business end.
The former Santos star has scored four goals in five games at this World Cup and has carried the
hopes of a nation on his young shoulders.
http://www.goal.com/en/news/3790/world-cup-2014/2014/07/04/4936911/neymar-ruled-out-of-world-cup-with-broken-vertebra
Re: Neymar Ruled Out Of World Cup With Fractured Vertebra by Chemical2(m): 2:43am On Jul 05, 2014
Not good for the host team.
Re: Neymar Ruled Out Of World Cup With Fractured Vertebra by Nobody: 2:50am On Jul 05, 2014
should players like matuidi and zuniga who cause their opponent serious injuries resulting in weeks and months in therapy not be given stiff punishments?5matches at least.
Re: Neymar Ruled Out Of World Cup With Fractured Vertebra by Nobody: 3:01am On Jul 05, 2014
Isn't it high time technology is introduced into every aspect of football to decipher intent of any challenge and award appropriate penalty if adjudged callous?

For as long as the centre referee remains the final arbiter with all his human flaws and limitations, players will continue to suffer traumas and injuries akin to road traffic accidents.
Re: Neymar Ruled Out Of World Cup With Fractured Vertebra by LilDonne(m): 6:13am On Jul 05, 2014
hiroz: Brazil forward Neymar has been ruled out of the
remainder of the World Cup after suffering a
broken vertebra in his side's win over Colombia.
Team doctor Rodrigo Lasmar confirmed the news
to Brazilian TV after the Barcelona star underwent further tests in a Fortaleza hospital.
Lasmar said: "It's not easy news to give but the
truth is he won't be available for the rest of the
World Cup.
"The tests showed a fracture near the third
vertebra. It won't need surgery but he needs to be immobilised to control the pain. He cannot play, a
week will not be enough.
"He needs cautious treatment, with a belt around
his back so he'll feel more comfortable. It is also
required for him to heal the fracture." The news realises the worst fears of coach Luiz
Felipe Scolari, who will be without both his star
attacker and best defender against Germany in
the semi-finals on Tuesday with captain Thiago
Silva suspended.
Neymar was caught from behind by a reckless Juan Zuniga challenge and had to be carried off
on a stretcher towards the end of the Selecao's
2-1 victory.
Scolari was pessimistic after the match. He said:
"Neymar went to the clinic here in the stadium. He
was kneed on his lower back and he was crying out in pain and I can guarantee that it won’t be
easy for him to recover, based on what the doctor
told us and the pain he’s in. And as it’s lower
back, I don’t know." Scolari bore no grudges against Zuniga and
insisted Brazil would move forward with
confidence even without their talisman.
He added: "Everyone knows that Neymar was
going to be hunted. We knew this was the case.
"I don't think the foul was on purpose, I think he came in to stop the ball. There's no point in
thinking about it, the game is over.
"If anything has to change, we’ll do that and we’ll
play a great game."
Zuniga insisted there was no malice in the
challenge. He said: "I never meant to hurt the player, I was just defending the shirt."
Neymar is the darling of the Selecao fans who
must now be wondering where the goals are
going to come from as the tournament enters its
business end.
The former Santos star has scored four goals in five games at this World Cup and has carried the
hopes of a nation on his young shoulders.
http://www.goal.com/en/news/3790/world-cup-2014/2014/07/04/4936911/neymar-ruled-out-of-world-cup-with-broken-vertebra
thiz z big trouble

(1) (Reply)

'Real Madrid Asked Me Not To Play In The World Cup Final' - Di Maria / South African Football Coach Arrested In Nigeria For Drug Trafficking / Suarez: Gerrard blocked my Arsenal move

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.