Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,539 members, 7,808,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:37 PM

This App Just Says "Yo" And $1 Million Was Invested On It - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / This App Just Says "Yo" And $1 Million Was Invested On It (825 Views)

Do U Know Anybody That Has Invested In Zenitfunds / Has Anyone Here Invested in Intofarm.com. Need Your Reviews And Experiences. / Any Body That Have Money And Wanted To Invested On Medicated Black Soap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This App Just Says "Yo" And $1 Million Was Invested On It by ultraGM: 11:11am On Jul 05, 2014
It only took 8 hours to build the app, and the only thing it does is allow you to send the word ‘Yo’ to your friends. To many, it seems like a joke. But its inventor, Or Arbel, is totally serious.

Arbel, who built the app three months ago, has quit his job and moved halfway around the world — from his native Israel to San Francisco — to work on Yo full time. He’s opening an office, hiring staff and seeking “strategic partners.” And oh yeah: He’s already raised $1 million from investors.

So is Arbel right? Is Yo, which he calls “context-based communications,” the future of messaging? Or is investor interest in Yo an unmistakable sign that we are in the midst of another internet bubble?
“the way it affects your life is profound”

Yo is a very simple app. It allows you to send a push notification to anyone else with the app. All of those notifications say the same thing: “Yo.” Arbel says that “you usually understand what the Yo means based on who you get it from and when you get it.” According to Arbel, once you start using Yo “the way it affects your life is profound.” He noted that many of the reviews of Yo in the app store say things like “Yo changed my life.”

Some of these reviews, however, do seem a bit sarcastic: “Not just a means of simple but effective communication, Yo is a way of life,” one review says. “Since downloading Yo, all my relationships have improved and I’ve regrown most of my hair.”

Complete the Story here
Re: This App Just Says "Yo" And $1 Million Was Invested On It by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jul 05, 2014
Hmmm. Wonders "they say" shall never endundecided. Ofcos I wonder how just sending "Yo" or receiving "Yo" can change my life.

1 Like

Re: This App Just Says "Yo" And $1 Million Was Invested On It by CosmicJames(m): 9:42pm On Jul 05, 2014
agonbello: Hmmm. Wonders "they say" shall never endundecided. Ofcos I wonder how just sending "Yo" or receiving "Yo" can change my life.
YO is a way of life. YO change my life. YO this, YO that. All na YO.
But like seriousely, how will just saying YO change a life?
Re: This App Just Says "Yo" And $1 Million Was Invested On It by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jul 05, 2014
CosmicJames:
YO is a way of life. YO change my life. YO this, YO that. All na YO.
But like seriousely, how will just saying YO change a life?
am still wondering ooo
Re: This App Just Says "Yo" And $1 Million Was Invested On It by ultraGM: 9:57pm On Jul 07, 2014
thing the user means they were able to just Yo, jut the way we Nigerians do Flashing

(1) (Reply)

Bisi Onasanya Led First Bank Headquarters Shut Down Over N1.8B AUPCTRE Debt. / Cosse Grows Into Africa / Start Oil And Gas Business In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.