Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,578 members, 7,801,659 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:37 PM

Lecturing Job Vs MNC Job Which Do You Prefer? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Lecturing Job Vs MNC Job Which Do You Prefer? (16904 Views)

Job Vs Career: What's The Difference And Which Do You Have? / 40k Monthly Permanent Job Or 80k Monthly Contract Job. Which Would You Choose? / Self-Employment vs Oil Company Job: Which is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lecturing Job Vs MNC Job Which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jul 05, 2014
Hello nairalanders,
If you found yourself in the position, which career path would you follow? A job in a federal university as a lecturer or a job in a multinational cooperation?

1 Like

Re: Lecturing Job Vs MNC Job Which Do You Prefer? by lonelydora: 10:38am On Jan 12, 2015
Because you are a First class graduate, take the lecturing as long as it is a Federal University. Your name will be heard far and wide, but you may not be as rich as the MNC (oil guy). But lecturing will pay you at the long run.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lecturing Job Vs MNC Job Which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 11:00am On Jan 12, 2015
lonelydora:
Because you are a First class graduate, take the lecturing as long as it is a Federal University. Your name will be heard far and wide, but you may not be as rich as the MNC (oil guy). But lecturing will pay you at the long run.

Gradually I have come to realize that , just like you said , 'at the long run' it would pay.
Re: Lecturing Job Vs MNC Job Which Do You Prefer? by mickey45: 1:56pm On Apr 22, 2016
Akdegreat:
Hello nairalanders,
If you found yourself in the position, which career path would you follow? A job in a federal university as a lecturer or a job in a multinational cooperation?

Which did you finally decide on nhow's it going for you now?
Re: Lecturing Job Vs MNC Job Which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 2:00pm On Apr 22, 2016
mickey45:

Which did you finally decide on nhow's it going for you now?

I decided to gain field experience first by starting with a relevant company (Not multinational though), before going into the Academia. From all indications, I see I am very much on track.

2 Likes

Re: Lecturing Job Vs MNC Job Which Do You Prefer? by allisonluvsu(m): 6:29am On Apr 24, 2016
Federal Job back to back is the best. U stay dia for long is gurranteed

2 Likes

Re: Lecturing Job Vs MNC Job Which Do You Prefer? by ladyF(f): 6:29am On Apr 24, 2016
No be by multinational o, some MNCs operating in the country pay so little, before you even start to talk of the discrimination between nigerians and so called expats. Sha compare present and future salaries, career path, life balance, blah blah blah...

It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Lecturing Job Vs MNC Job Which Do You Prefer? by pennywys(m): 6:31am On Apr 24, 2016
I love lecturing job much

3 Likes

Re: Lecturing Job Vs MNC Job Which Do You Prefer? by Donpressman(m): 6:33am On Apr 24, 2016
Seun Osewa sef
Re: Lecturing Job Vs MNC Job Which Do You Prefer? by sunday478(m): 6:37am On Apr 24, 2016
Lecturing ti take over
Re: Lecturing Job Vs MNC Job Which Do You Prefer? by Princeojua(m): 6:38am On Apr 24, 2016
From what I read, bro go and lecture.
In a federal university you can be paid at least 200k including as allowee.
Students will want you to favor them with marks to pass, that's another Money. lets say 100 students want you to pass them at 3k each x 100= 300k. that's bonus for just one semester.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lecturing Job Vs MNC Job Which Do You Prefer? by Odunharry(m): 6:42am On Apr 24, 2016
Op go for the one you have passion for.. Pls, if you hate teaching, don't go for the lecturing job.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lecturing Job Vs MNC Job Which Do You Prefer? by Kakamorufu(m): 6:43am On Apr 24, 2016
Go for lecturing
Re: Lecturing Job Vs MNC Job Which Do You Prefer? by afroxyz: 6:45am On Apr 24, 2016
Are you going to be a staff/contract worker in the Multinational?

What are the career prospects in the MNC?

What us renumeration and packages and would you be paid off when they decide to lay off workers?

Start off as a lecturer, in the long run the MNC can hire you as a consultant which is way more that what you would be paid at the MNC. Besides lecturing affords you the opportunity to travel round the world.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lecturing Job Vs MNC Job Which Do You Prefer? by joshuaidibia(m): 6:45am On Apr 24, 2016
Princeojua:
Students will want you to favor them with marks to pass, that's another Money. lets say 100 students want you to pass them at 3k each x 100= 300k. that's bonus for just one semester.
lol. Dagbo. I admire your truthfulness.

3 Likes

Re: Lecturing Job Vs MNC Job Which Do You Prefer? by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:46am On Apr 24, 2016
Princeojua:

And we blame our leaders for Corruption?

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lecturing Job Vs MNC Job Which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 6:47am On Apr 24, 2016
Lecturing job all d way...
reasons:
U will have all d time in d world for ursef and for any business u mite want to venture into while lecturing
Lecturin job is nt stressful at all
D pay is (very) good considerin d work u wil do
U get leaves
& lastly...

U mite get to eat som free campus punas.. u catch d dril rite? wink
The last reason na joke o grin

8 Likes

Re: Lecturing Job Vs MNC Job Which Do You Prefer? by Kobicove(m): 6:48am On Apr 24, 2016
Princeojua:

I can't believe you actually made this suggestion about charging students money in order to pass them during exams!!!
Corruption is indeed running free in Nigeria!

16 Likes

Re: Lecturing Job Vs MNC Job Which Do You Prefer? by Teechawa: 6:48am On Apr 24, 2016
How much is NNPC paying fresh grads, etc. with allowances?
Re: Lecturing Job Vs MNC Job Which Do You Prefer? by Generalkorex(m): 6:49am On Apr 24, 2016
Ayam coming
Re: Lecturing Job Vs MNC Job Which Do You Prefer? by metrosexual: 6:51am On Apr 24, 2016
First things first, what's your passion?

If impacting knowledge is your passion then go for lecturing job.

In terms of remuneration, career recognition and others perks, the multi-national coy is unequivocally the best option.

1 Like

Re: Lecturing Job Vs MNC Job Which Do You Prefer? by ukehnonny: 6:51am On Apr 24, 2016
Princeojua:
Got me Laughing. go for the lecturing job. I think it's better.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Lecturing Job Vs MNC Job Which Do You Prefer? by GboyegaD(m): 6:51am On Apr 24, 2016
Your interest and career paths masters more than money. I wish you the best of your career life.
Re: Lecturing Job Vs MNC Job Which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 6:52am On Apr 24, 2016
Princeojua:
Chain! Corruption don chop ur intestine finish.lol

2 Likes

Re: Lecturing Job Vs MNC Job Which Do You Prefer? by EazyMoh(m): 6:54am On Apr 24, 2016
Guy I take God beg you! whichever you chose, dash me the second option slot.

2 Likes

Re: Lecturing Job Vs MNC Job Which Do You Prefer? by Aquariann: 7:04am On Apr 24, 2016
EazyMoh:
Guy I take God beg you! whichever you chose, dash me the second option slot.

Check the date of the thread.

2 Likes

Re: Lecturing Job Vs MNC Job Which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 7:04am On Apr 24, 2016
I opine you opt for the multinational corporation job. You'll build a lot of skills and so much will go into personal development and training. You'll be a better risk taker with sound team spirit.

A lecturing job makes you complacent, less challenged,less motivated, though it feeds you for the rest of your days.

What you can do is to pickup the multinational job, do a master's and a PhD . after an active experience in the corporate world, you still end it all in the university.

I Wish you the very best

6 Likes

Re: Lecturing Job Vs MNC Job Which Do You Prefer? by folahann(m): 7:10am On Apr 24, 2016
I see lecturing job and first class on the same page everyday. Can't a 2nd Class upper student also put in for lecturing job?

2 Likes

Re: Lecturing Job Vs MNC Job Which Do You Prefer? by Shawlambivert(m): 7:10am On Apr 24, 2016
Team Multi National
Re: Lecturing Job Vs MNC Job Which Do You Prefer? by Lawsimon(m): 7:11am On Apr 24, 2016
I'll close my eyes and choose the lecturing job without a second thought. That me for you - passion for imparting knowledge.
Re: Lecturing Job Vs MNC Job Which Do You Prefer? by usy309(m): 7:11am On Apr 24, 2016
For the meantime, liquidity wise, u go for the MNC, lecturing will only pay u in the long run if u have the passion and the perseverance to endure to build a academic career,

But if u are an Engineer, I urge you to start with MNC, because EXPERIENCE IS THE BEST TEACHER, knowing ur job practically, will build ur innovation skil, give u more challenge not the said engineer in academic that do not know the technical know how of stuff in their field...joining academic will be easy for u later on....

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Meridians Life Support Foundation Skill Acquisition Program / How Lucrative Is TIG Welding In Nigeria? / Tips On Salary Negotiations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.