Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,910 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:04 AM

FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped - Sports (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped (72045 Views)

Live Scores Of The Revamped Nigeria Premier League Aka Glo Premier League / FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season / Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by pickabeau1: 3:55pm On Nov 23, 2014
Anti climactic
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by ItGeek(m): 4:01pm On Nov 23, 2014
edoyad:
At least Nico won something too grin

Wicked grin grin grin shocked
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by omar22(m): 4:34pm On Nov 23, 2014
Just seen an unused T-shirt for sale on eBay:

Nico Rosberg 2014 World Champion.

Bids starting at £0.01..
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by nateevs(m): 6:05pm On Nov 23, 2014
So much for double points. Inconsequential in the end.
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by A40(m): 7:38pm On Nov 23, 2014
edoyad:
The only reason this year's championship was worth watching was the challenge Rosberg brought in. It's unfortunate how his mechanical failures seriously damaged his chances in this final race, of all races undecided
Which kin challenge? There was only a contest because both cars were the fastest
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by edoyad(m): 10:29pm On Nov 23, 2014
A40:

Which kin challenge? There was only a contest because both cars were the fastest

What point are you making, was Hamilton driving a Red bull or Mclaren engine ? If Rosberg's car had performed the way it did in Brazil the story would have been different. If Rosberg finished 2nd in championship because of the Mercedes engine then same can equally be said about Hamilton's victory.
My point still stands, Rosberg has been good this season, Mercedes or not. Even Hamilton knows he could have lost the title today.
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by omar22(m): 10:58pm On Nov 23, 2014
A40:

Atleast Rosberg won 5 race, I dont think Webber won 5 races driving Adrian Newey's aero rocket built for Vettel
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by A40(m): 11:02pm On Nov 23, 2014
edoyad:

What point are you making, was Hamilton driving a Red bull or Mclaren engine ? If Rosberg's car had performed the way it did in Brazil the story would have been different. If Rosberg finished 2nd in championship because of the Mercedes engine then same can equally be said about Hamilton's victory.
My point still stands, Rosberg has been good this season, Mercedes or not. Even Hamilton knows he could have lost the title today.

Actually I should ask you what point are you making? Lol if my grandma had balls she would be my grandpa. Hamilton overtook him from the very start of the race so what performance cool story are you talking about?

It would have been a massive injustice had Rosberg won the title with a paltry 5 wins when someone else won more than double that amount
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by A40(m): 11:24pm On Nov 23, 2014
omar22:

Atleast Rosberg won 5 race, I dont think Webber won 5 races driving Adrian Newey's aero rocket built for Vettel
Vettel's 'rocket' was never this far ahead of the crowd! During his era we at least had 2 and sometimes 3 different constructors challenging for the title. Which makes it abundantly clear that nothing has changed

Maybe this year was a pulsating nail-biter for you but some of us knew this was a no-contest. Even if Rosberg won there is nothing that would have prevented Hamilton from finishing 2nd (barring a crash or mechanical failure)
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by edoyad(m): 5:26am On Nov 24, 2014
A40:

Actually I should ask you what point are you making? Lol if my grandma had balls she would be my grandpa. Hamilton overtook him from the very start of the race so what performance cool story are you talking about?
It would have been a massive injustice had Rosberg won the title with a paltry 5 wins when someone else won more than double that amount

You are just disparaging Rosberg's performance unnecessarily. In 2008, Hamilton won his first championship after he nicked only 5 races that year. Felipe Massa won 6 races that same year but the title still went to Hamilton. Are you saying Massa should have been awarded the title ?

http://www.formula1.com/results/season/2008/

The system Formula one operates doesn't give the title to the driver with the most wins, it gives it to the driver with the most points, just like football. In a football league, is it not better for a team to have 0 wins and 10 draws than to have 3 wins and 7 losses ?
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by wonda26(m): 8:49am On Nov 24, 2014
cool Badt guy

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by FBS: 10:40am On Nov 24, 2014
Lewis crowned champion and deservedly so. He won 11 races, heck that should count for A LOT!

imo, that electric start from Lewis resulted in Nico losing his bearings. Both mechanically and psychologically.
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by Arsenate(m): 12:35pm On Nov 24, 2014
why anyone will be a fan of nico rosberg after what he did to lewis in one their races is beyond me. nico isnt a good person.....
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by chic2pimp(m): 7:36pm On Nov 24, 2014
I guess what the result of this year's solidly proves is that any Half decent driver worth his salt would win a championship in a car which is clearly superior to the others in the grid.

Lewis and Mercedes
Vettel and Redbull
Michael and Ferrari

Anyhoo..... I still dey shayo in Abu dhabi. New York soon come!

1 Like

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by A40(m): 7:55pm On Nov 24, 2014
edoyad:

You are just disparaging Rosberg's performance unnecessarily. In 2008, Hamilton won his first championship after he nicked only 5 races that year. Felipe Massa won 6 races that same year but the title still went to Hamilton. Are you saying Massa should have been awarded the title ?

http://www.formula1.com/results/season/2008/

The system Formula one operates doesn't give the title to the driver with the most wins, it gives it to the driver with the most points, just like football. In a football league, is it not better for a team to have 0 wins and 10 draws than to have 3 wins and 7 losses ?

6 races compared to 11? That is more than double Nico's total!!

I still reiterate that we only had a 'title race' because the Mercs were so far ahead of the rest. In a less lopsided year Nico would not have so many 2nd place finishes that kept him in contention
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by edoyad(m): 9:18am On Nov 25, 2014
chic2pimp:
I guess what the result of this year's solidly proves is that any Half decent driver worth his salt would win a championship in a car which is clearly superior to the others in the grid.

Lewis and Mercedes
Vettel and Redbull
Michael and Ferrari

Anyhoo..... I still dey shayo in Abu dhabi. New York soon come!

Aptly put.
I would like to see a formula one where the engines are supplied by the same manufacturer. Just like the tyres.
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by pickabeau1: 9:52am On Nov 25, 2014
edoyad:

Aptly put.
I would like to see a formula one where the engines are supplied by the same manufacturer. Just like the tyres.

Not possible

but it will b nice though
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by pickabeau1: 1:23am On Dec 12, 2014
So Magnussen was booted off for Alonso

He did well though
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by iykmora(m): 12:37pm On Feb 06, 2015
Getting ready 4 d new season... cheesy
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by pickabeau1: 11:04am On Mar 15, 2015
So the season never ended..Lol

Lewis is the new Seb

Driving into the sunset
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by A40(m): 1:22pm On Mar 15, 2015
Lmaooo! Ninjas like Brownjay would soon come and tell us about competition and other megedefegede

Very crazy race (obviously not in front) but only 11 cars finished. Alonso, Bottas couldn't race while the new kid Verstappen, Raikkonen (usual suspects) Grosjean, Maldonado amongst many couldn't finish

Felipe Nasr looked impressive

But Button and Alonso look to be in big trouble with that McLaren. Would be suprised if Alonso ever wins another race

The Vettelmeister really impressed today, still some distance from the Mercs but catching up is a possibility
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by okotv(m): 2:12pm On Mar 15, 2015
I expect Sebastian vettel to win this season.

#teamferrari
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by pickabeau1: 2:33pm On Mar 15, 2015
okotv:
I expect Sebastian vettel to win this season.

#teamferrari

Does he race with a Mercedes

1 Like

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by okotv(m): 2:40pm On Mar 15, 2015
pickabeau1:

Does he race with a Mercedes
Ferrari all the way
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by freakcin: 2:58pm On Mar 15, 2015
Ferrari couldn't even beat Massa. . . they had to rely on wuruwuru tactis, keeping poor massa behind vettel's team mate.

Methinks Williams is the only team with any hope (albeit, a very slim one) of contesting with Mercedes!

Sai Hamilton, like the APC crowd are wont to say.
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by pickabeau1: 3:46pm On Mar 15, 2015
okotv:
Ferrari all the way

It was a rhetorical question dude

The team winning the year is known n vettel is not in that team
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by FBS: 9:34pm On Mar 15, 2015
LH doing his own thing. The right way.
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by A40(m): 10:25pm On Mar 15, 2015
freakcin:
Ferrari couldn't even beat Massa. . . they had to rely on wuruwuru tactis, keeping poor massa behind vettel's team mate.

Methinks Williams is the only team with any hope (albeit, a very slim one) of contesting with Mercedes!

Sai Hamilton, like the APC crowd are wont to say.
Wuruwuru bawo? Una don start

Williams might have the car to threaten but they don't have the drivers. Vettel is the only hope
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by omodapson(m): 5:18pm On Mar 16, 2015
A40:

Wuruwuru bawo? Una don start

Williams might have the car to threaten but they don't have the drivers. Vettel is the only hope

Vettel for now is out of the mix. The next challengers to the title are the Williams drivers. We all saw what happened during the race weekend. Maybe Ferrari could come up with some wonders during the mid-season break.
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by A40(m): 10:01pm On Mar 16, 2015
omodapson:

Vettel for now is out of the mix. The next challengers to the title are the Williams drivers. We all saw what happened during the race weekend. Maybe Ferrari could come up with some wonders during the mid-season break.
Lol stop playing! You seriously think Bottas and Massa can outrace Hamilton or Rosberg if they had any advantage?

If the gap is narrowed down Vettel is better poised to take advantage. Bottas and Massa are not winners
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by freakcin: 8:30am On Mar 29, 2015
Vettel currently sitting comfortably in front with a 10 secs lead, he didn't take advantage of the safety car though.
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by freakcin: 8:40am On Mar 29, 2015
Lewis reclaims lead as Vettel pits. Barring rainfall the race should be devoid of drama. Lewis currently leads his teamate with 8 secs, we settling into the expected pattern

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (52) (Reply)

List Of Players Surprisingly Not Going To The World Cup / Augustine Mulenga's Daughter Died As He Was Playing During Nigeria-Zambia Match / Yemisi Yekini, Daughter Of Rashidi Yekini, Celebrates Her Late Father (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.