Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,099 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:06 PM

FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped (72420 Views)

Live Scores Of The Revamped Nigeria Premier League Aka Glo Premier League / FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season / Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by justwise(m): 1:46pm On Oct 12, 2014
FBS:

The track is not actually that challenging.

But happy for LH!

Happy for LH definitely, I'm a massive fan
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by omar22(m): 2:23pm On Oct 12, 2014
They should have used the soft and supersoft tires, Sochi is a street circuit that doesnt really hurt tires, on a proper race circuit would have eaten up his tires, Somewhere like Suzuka or Silverstone would have forced him to have another pit stop
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by FBS: 8:38pm On Oct 12, 2014
omar22:
They should have used the soft and supersoft tires, Sochi is a street circuit that doesnt really hurt tires, on a proper race circuit would have eaten up his tires, Somewhere like Suzuka or Silverstone would have forced him to have another pit stop
me thinks it was a failed strategic attempt on his part. He knew that on this track (plus having a faster car than Williams) you could easily do +40 laps on the same tyres else why that crazy stunt? cheesy
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by chic2pimp(m): 8:49pm On Oct 12, 2014
Barring any major incident in the last few races, Lewis would be the new F1 Champion. And deservedly so too. He's been the best driver(whilst not forgetting his team have been head and shoulders above other competitors) this calendar year
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by edoyad(m): 7:53am On Oct 13, 2014
chic2pimp:
Barring any major incident in the last few races, Lewis would be the new F1 Champion. And deservedly so too. He's been the best driver(whilst not forgetting his team have been head and shoulders above other competitors) this calendar year

Shut your trap tongue

Considering how Hamilton has won about half the grand prix races this season, it's a wonder how Nico Rosberg is just one Hamilton retirement away from the leadership. If Hamilton does win the F1 title this season, Rosberg should be given a title for his consistent driving.
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by justwise(m): 8:12am On Oct 13, 2014
edoyad:

Shut your trap tongue

Considering how Hamilton has won about half the grand prix races this season, it's a wonder how Nico Rosberg is just one Hamilton retirement away from the leadership. If Hamilton does win the F1 title this season, Rosberg should be given a title for his consistent driving.

Thanks for that joke.
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by chic2pimp(m): 7:38pm On Oct 13, 2014
edoyad:

Shut your trap tongue

So DK don release you from the dungeon him lock u for abi? grin

Why should He be given the title as the most consistent driver? Abi you wan create your own personal title be that? Aren't they all vying for the title "BEST DRIVER" not "MOST CONSISTENT" in F1?

justwise:
[/b]
Thanks for that joke.
Don't mind Don daya jare.
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by edoyad(m): 8:30pm On Oct 13, 2014
^^^ grin grin oshi

Anyways, when I say a title, I don't mean "THE" F 1 title. He has won less than half of the races Hamilton has clinched this season, but he's just 17 points behind. His consistent podium finishing at least has to be recognized.
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by justwise(m): 8:38pm On Oct 13, 2014
edoyad:
^^^ grin grin oshi

Anyways, when I say a title, I don't mean "THE" F 1 title. He has won less than half of the races Hamilton has clinched this season, but he's just 17 points behind. His consistent podium finishing at least has to be recognized.

...and cheated his ways in more than half of those he won.
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by edoyad(m): 7:11am On Oct 14, 2014
justwise:

...and cheated his ways in more than half of those he won.

Cheat ? Cheat?! Is there any sport event with as much Camera coverage as the F 1 ? FIA is there,if any one feels Rosberg's driving is unwholesome then they should feel free to petition.
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by justwise(m): 7:19am On Oct 14, 2014
edoyad:

Cheat ? Cheat?! Is there any sport event with as much Camera coverage as the F 1 ? FIA is there,if any one feels Rosberg's driving is unwholesome then they should feel free to petition.

I really don't think you have been following Nico and LH case
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by edoyad(m): 8:11am On Oct 14, 2014
No I havent to be frank, but that doesn't change my point. Such accusations are rife in the F1 I've always known.
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by justwise(m): 8:14am On Oct 14, 2014
edoyad:
No I havent to be frank, but that doesn't change my point. Such accusations are rife in the F1 I've always known.

Its obvious.
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by edoyad(m): 9:51am On Oct 14, 2014
Obvious or not, Nico stands a real chance of winning the championship this year. If he eventually does everyone will forget the flimsy excuses of his rivals
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by omar22(m): 11:14am On Oct 14, 2014
edoyad:

Shut your trap tongue

Rosberg won

Australia - Lewis had a defective spark plug
Monaco - Dodgy qualifying and impossible to overtake
Germany - Lewis started from Back
Austria - Lewis started from 9th

Are we talking about Nico "why is he not letting me through" Rosberg

The rumour here thats getting Bernie Ecclestone worried now is that if Rosberg wins the title as a result of the double points, viewing fans will drop and sponsors will pull out.
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by omar22(m): 11:17am On Oct 14, 2014
edoyad:
^^^ grin grin oshi

Imagine he didnt take out Lewis in Spa, Lewis either be 35 points or 49 points ahead
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by edoyad(m): 12:38pm On Oct 14, 2014
omar22:

Imagine he didnt take out Lewis in Spa, Lewis either be 35 points or 49 points ahead

What do you mean by take out ? You guys talk as if these races aren't reviewed. Did you ever hear of Schumacher ?
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by justwise(m): 12:43pm On Oct 14, 2014
edoyad:

What do you mean by take out ? You guys talk as if these races aren't reviewed. Did you ever hear of Schumacher ?

Yes he took LH out and the team punished him for it and fans turned on him. He was booed on the podium. You are really watching a different race.
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by edoyad(m): 3:52pm On Oct 14, 2014
justwise:

Yes he took LH out and the team punished him for it and fans turned on him. He was booed on the podium. You are really watching a different race.

I'm not watching a different race, as long as the FIA don't sanction you it's all good. Many drivers have done worse without any penalties coming their way.
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by edoyad(m): 3:55pm On Oct 14, 2014
I'm not even a Rosberg fan FYI, if anything Hamilton is the most loved driver on the planet today. All I'm saying is that we shouldn't crucify Rosberg for being the main threat to motor sport's poster boy, period.
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by omar22(m): 9:08am On Oct 15, 2014
edoyad:

I'm not watching a different race, as long as the FIA don't sanction you it's all good. Many drivers have done worse without any penalties coming their way.

The same FIA that let Schumacher walk scot free despite taking out Damon Hill in Australia in 1994, also the same FIA who threw Schumacher out of the whole competition (the whole season) when he hit Villeneuves car, despite the fact that Villeneuve completed the race and won the race. Please dont bring the FIA into this argument, we are talking about the same FIA who favoured Prost over Senna, or kiss up to Ferrari's back side.
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by FBS: 7:36pm On Oct 18, 2014
FIA ko BBC ni. grin
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by edoyad(m): 11:42am On Oct 19, 2014
omar22:

The same FIA that let Schumacher walk scot free despite taking out Damon Hill in Australia in 1994, also the same FIA who threw Schumacher out of the whole competition (the whole season) when he hit Villeneuves car, despite the fact that Villeneuve completed the race and won the race. Please dont bring the FIA into this argument, we are talking about the same FIA who favoured Prost over Senna, or kiss up to Ferrari's back side.

Yes, that FIA. Until such a day when the public's opinion starts running organized sports, the FIA's decision will continue to be the law. Hamilton or Rosberg will end up champion not because the fans chose them, it's because they have satisfied the laid down FIA conditions to be champion.
Similarly, Mercedes will take home the constructor's title not because the fans want it so but that they meet set down FIA rules. The F I fricking A.
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by A40(m): 4:16pm On Oct 21, 2014
pickabeau1:
Lewis riding into the sunset... Lol
Same game
Different team
17 point gap
Isn't it so bloody obvious that Rosberg isn't competition! Later dem go talk say this year title race competitive

FBS:
Aside some organizational madness, the atmosphere here at Sochi Russian GP is near Grand. I don't normally say this, but them Russians tried. Its just FUN-TASTIC.

And boy, that Lenny Kravitz guy can play the guitar. He is good and definitely rocked it to the max at his concert today.

Getting ready for tomorrow, this one wey Mr. Purin himself go show face na to go very early.

#SochiGP rocks.
Lenny Kravitz is boss! That Sochi GP was meh to be honest! The actual race I mean
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by A40(m): 4:20pm On Oct 21, 2014
omar22:

Rosberg won

Australia - Lewis had a defective spark plug
Monaco - Dodgy qualifying and impossible to overtake
Germany - Lewis started from Back
Austria - Lewis started from 9th

Are we talking about Nico "why is he not letting me through" Rosberg

The rumour here thats getting Bernie Ecclestone worried now is that if Rosberg wins the title as a result of the double points, viewing fans will drop and sponsors will pull out.
I think that double point final race thing is unfair and asinine to put it mildly
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by pickabeau1: 4:23pm On Oct 21, 2014
A40:

Isn't it so bloody obvious that Rosberg isn't competition! Later dem go talk say this year title race competitive

grin grin grin grin
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by A40(m): 4:28pm On Oct 21, 2014
I've not had time to drop my two cents on the Vettelmeister switch to Ferrari and Alonso heading to McLaren

Its a good move from Seb IMO now is as good as any a time to move to Ferrari! Critics dared him to leave Red Bull he has left and now they say he is running away? From what? He is a 4-time champ! His legacy is cemented if he never drives another race it just goes to show that you can never satisfy people. I have no doubt he would bring Ferrari another championship(s) like his mentor did

As for Alonso well last throw of the dice! It could be argued he could have won maybe 3 or 4 titles but he had his chance he didn't take it. I still think he would fall short next year but hey I've been wrong before
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by edoyad(m): 6:37pm On Oct 21, 2014
Even Stevie wonder cannot deny the ability in Rosberg. What everyone is failing to see is that German efficiency coming to the fore, once again. I recently watched "Rush", the movie, and in some ways it epitomises what this season us about. The flamboyant, celebrity dating poster boy from the U K versus the efficient and patient driver.
I wouldn't be surprised if Rosberg goes to sleep at exactly 9pm every night, he looks the kind. He might be the boring alternative but he definitely knows what he is doing.
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by pickabeau1: 6:48pm On Oct 21, 2014
^^^^ Rush a good film
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by edoyad(m): 6:56pm On Oct 21, 2014
pickabeau1:
^^^^ Rush a good film

Niki Lauda and James Hunt, can't wait to see how the season ends
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by pickabeau1: 7:01pm On Oct 21, 2014
edoyad:

Niki Lauda and James Hunt, can't wait to see how the season ends

I know...I said its a good film

1 Like

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by A40(m): 11:50pm On Oct 21, 2014
edoyad:
Even Stevie wonder cannot deny the ability in Rosberg. What everyone is failing to see is that German efficiency coming to the fore, once again. I recently watched "Rush", the movie, and in some ways it epitomises what this season us about. The flamboyant, celebrity dating poster boy from the U K versus the efficient and patient driver.
I wouldn't be surprised if Rosberg goes to sleep at exactly 9pm every night, he looks the kind. He might be the boring alternative but he definitely knows what he is doing.
What ability? I'm pro-German so you should know how I feel to admit LH (a Brit) is obviously better. The guy has been a massive disappointment

Its not about flamboyance or anything like that Rosberg has not put up a fight and this title is Hamilton's to lose rather than Rosberg's to win

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (52) (Reply)

Top 15 Blunders Of The 2016 Olympics with Pictures…#1 Is Horrific / Edinson Cavani: I Am Sad And Upset Over Man Utd’s Decision / Jesse Lingard Trolls Cristiano Ronaldo On Instagram (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.