Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,308 members, 7,808,044 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:36 AM

FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped - Sports (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped (72390 Views)

Live Scores Of The Revamped Nigeria Premier League Aka Glo Premier League / FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season / Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by A40(m): 4:28pm On Mar 22, 2016
pickabeau1:

Truth be told

The 2012 season had a bit of drama because Webber did not step up

2010 was a three way race and vettel stole in from.behind on Webber n Alonso
Deeper than that. Hamilton and the Mercs arguably had the fastest car, especially in the first half of 2012. Vettel was well out of the chase till Singapore when he turned things around

2010 we all know how tight it was
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by MRBrownJ: 4:44pm On Mar 22, 2016
A40:

I agree partially they really should have pitted but that is one way of looking at it. They also probably thought and ended up trying to build a lead then pit knowing fully well they might not have won another face off with the Mercs.
Still but for Alonso's m0ronic driving Vettel was winning that race easy. When Alonso is at fault in a collision with Esteban goddamn Gutierrez you realize how much the mighty have fallen
Another Championship? Alonso is likely not winning another race never mind Championship. He's done braah

come on bro, Alonso crashed on lap 17 (out of 57) and Ham got on medium tyres a lap before, that means Ferrari had plenty of time to REACT, and they foolishy didnt. why blame anyone but them?!

as for blaming Alonso for that crash, or remotely claiming that great drivers dont crash with careless drivers (who are swerving all over the track), i can only blame such poor statement on your usual biased views towards Alonso. during the F1 after race, Anthony Davidson clearly showed Gutierrez steering wheel swerving where Alonso was trying to overtake, thus being the reason for the damn collision. Alonso is only being diplomatic about the issue because he aint fighting for the championship anyway (with such dreadful car)

as for winning again, he only needs a good (not even great) car to do that...... just watch!
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by A40(m): 6:33pm On Mar 22, 2016
MRBrownJ:

come on bro, Alonso crashed on lap 17 (out of 57) and Ham got on medium tyres a lap before, that means Ferrari had plenty of time to REACT, and they foolishy didnt. why blame anyone but them?!

as for blaming Alonso for that crash, or remotely claiming that great drivers dont crash with careless drivers (who are swerving all over the track), i can only blame such poor statement on your usual biased views towards Alonso. during the F1 after race, Anthony Davidson clearly showed Gutierrez steering wheel swerving where Alonso was trying to overtake, thus being the reason for the damn collision. Alonso is only being diplomatic about the issue because he aint fighting for the championship anyway (with such dreadful car)

as for winning again, he only needs a good (not even great) car to do that...... just watch!
Dude even an event in lap 1 could turn a race on its head never mind lap 17. They took a gamble albeit a naive one but Seb was nevertheless cruising at that point

As for the crash that was clearly Alonso's fault. He tried to squeeze through a non existent window and almost got himself killed in the process. You are about the only one I've seen on webspace pin the crash on Gutierrez which is poignant because he is notorious for getting into crashes

Alonso is washed up and that is the inconvenient truth. We saw his last two years at Ferrari and the instant recovery they've made since he left. Lets see who would be willing to take that high maintenance diva at 36
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by MRBrownJ: 7:25pm On Mar 22, 2016
A40:

Dude even an event in lap 1 could turn a race on its head never mind lap 17. They took a gamble albeit a naive one but Seb was nevertheless cruising at that point

yeah... but you wouldnt blame the loss of that same race (who still had 37+ laps to go, while you still were in P1 at restart) on the guy who crashed.

As for the crash that was clearly Alonso's fault. He tried to squeeze through a non existent window and almost got himself killed in the process. You are about the only one I've seen on webspace pin the crash on Gutierrez which is poignant because he is notorious for getting into crashes

Gutierez did slightly move left where the gap was, and expecting a racing driver not to aim for an opening is the reason why we have 2 sets of drivers out there. a great driver sees and take such opportunity, thats what makes them UNIQUE. Alonso was faster, the car handled better, the brakes were right, so why wouldnt he go for the gap?!

check the video below, A) there is a CLEAR gap to overtake and B) we can clearly see Gutierrez car slightly move to his left at the 27-29sec mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vT17vWFkl_w

Alonso is washed up and that is the inconvenient truth. We saw his last two years at Ferrari and the instant recovery they've made since he left. Lets see who would be willing to take that high maintenance diva at 36

you are entitled to your opinion, but the only reason Ferrari is better today is because they simply got their shiit together and built a BETTER car than when Alonso was with them. insinuating that his departure from Ferrari has anything to do with why they are suddenly recovering is PREPOSTEROUS!
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by MRBrownJ: 8:16pm On Mar 22, 2016
A40:

Lol at least he didn't damn near get himself killed like some people we know

the best ever F1 driver killed himself while pushing his car to its limits, thats the price sometimes these greats have to pay.
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by A40(m): 8:24pm On Mar 22, 2016
MRBrownJ:

yeah... but you wouldnt blame the loss of that same race (who still had 37+ laps to go, while you still were in P1 at restart) on the guy who crashed.
Yes you can if it previously undid all the hardwork the guy in the lead previously did especially when the guys right behind you are blessed with an obviously FASTER car. You wouldn't say this if it were Alonso involved

Prior to that crash Vettel was a lock to win. Fact

MRBrownJ:

Gutierez did slightly move left where the gap was, and expecting a racing driver not to aim for an opening is the reason why we have 2 sets of drivers out there. a great driver sees and take such opportunity, thats what makes them UNIQUE

Alonso was faster, the car handled better, the brakes were right, so why wouldnt he go for the gap?!
You have gone from SWERVE to SLIGHTLY MOVE. Wunderbar! We are making progress

Are we saying Gutierrez shoulda acted like a sitting duck and do nothing to protect his position?

MRBrownJ:

check the video below, A) there is a CLEAR gap to overtake and B) we can clearly see Gutierrez car slightly move to his left at the 27-29sec mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vT17vWFkl_w
Better tell your boy to stop playing tete with his life F1 is dangerous enough as it is

1)Alonso tried to make that pass while in a slipstream and couldn't even see beyond Gutierrez rear. That was extremely reckless and unnecessary

2) He pumped his brakes far too late and nearly brought calamity upon himself

He almost got KILLED and definitely would have if he tried this move in the Senna/Prost era hell even in the Schummie/Hakkinen period

MRBrownJ:

you are entitled to your opinion, but the only reason Ferrari is better today is because they simply got their shiit together and built a BETTER car than when Alonso was with them. insinuating that his departure from Ferrari is the reason why they are suddenly improving is PREPOSTEROUS!
You of all people should know that the drivers have a role in the improvement of a car. Whether its working with the engineers or simply giving them helpful feedback that makes their job easier

You are also entitled to your opinion but I don't buy the fact that McLaren Honda's decline and Ferrari's simultaneous resurgence have nothing to do with Alonslow's waning abilities as a driver. Abi you see tribal mark for my face?
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by A40(m): 8:32pm On Mar 22, 2016
MRBrownJ:

the best ever F1 driver killed himself while pushing his car to its limits, thats the price sometimes these greats have to pay.
The best ever F1 driver is still alive last time I checked and we are all hoping he recovers too

I do not subscribe to taking unnecessary risks. Stepping into a car that moves at over 300km/h every week is risk enough and if one must push the limits do it with some goddamn sense

Whatever accolade is not worth dying before one's time. That was a very silly move by Alonso, he needs to regard his life a bit more
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by MRBrownJ: 9:35pm On Mar 22, 2016
A40:

Yes you can if it previously undid all the hardwork the guy in the lead previously did especially when the guys right behind you are blessed with an obviously FASTER car. You wouldn't say this if it were Alonso involved

bwaaaaaah! you are talking as if the crash threw Vettel at the back of the field or suddenly made his car redundant?! the man was P1, before the crash with a 4sec advantage on Rosberg, and lapping FASTER than both Mercs.... after the restart, Vettel was STILL P1 and was STILL lapping faster than the Mercs, till the end of the race (bare a handful of laps where one of the Mercs would lap faster).
the race data does NOT lie, stop being bias and writing obvious clouded stuff on NL!

RECAP: Vettel was in front before and after the crash, was lapping faster than the Mercs, and still managed to finish 3rd... and you have the audacity to blame Alonso who crashed on lap 17 out of 57?! Baba Ijebu come here this NONSENSE o!!!!

Prior to that crash Vettel was a lock to win. Fact

...and after the crash, Vettel was STILL on lock to win had he made the right tyre choice, FACT!

You have gone from SWERVE to SLIGHTLY MOVE. Wunderbar! We are making progress

swerve, slight move, 360turn... call it what you want so long as you've seen what i am talking about.

Are we saying Gutierrez shoulda acted like a sitting duck and do nothing to protect his position?
Better tell your boy to stop playing tete with his life F1 is dangerous enough as it is

if there was no gap, as you wrongly claimed earlier then why should he have to swerve/slightly move to to cover his position?!
the reality is that if Gut hadnt made that move then Alonso would have probably overtaken him

1)Alonso tried to make that pass while in a slipstream and couldn't even see beyond Gutierrez rear. That was extremely reckless and unnecessary
2) He pumped his brakes far too late and nearly brought calamity upon himself
He almost got KILLED and definitely would have if he tried this move in the Senna/Prost era hell even in the Schummie/Hakkinen period

fair enough

You of all people should know that the drivers have a role in the improvement of a car. Whether its working with the engineers or simply giving them helpful feedback that makes their job easier

of course but if the car aint shiit then there is so much a driver can do before they have to accept that this car AINT competitive enough.

You are also entitled to your opinion but I don't buy the fact that McLaren Honda's decline and Ferrari's simultaneous resurgence have nothing to do with Alonslow's waning abilities as a driver

here is a simple clue:
A) if Alonso's abilities as a driver had anything to do with Ferrari's dreadful car back then, then Kimi (with his "supposedly" better abilities) would have won races then, and not only when Alonso left. the fact that both Ferrari drivers were losing then, and suddenly both are challenging at the top now, clearly points towards the CAR being the reason for such resurgence, not drivers abilities.

B) how can you blame Alonso's abilities for the poor performance of this new partnership between Mc Laren and Honda? is Button qualifying higher than Alonso, and lapping faster each and every races? sadly, it aint the case as we clearly see every weekend Alonso "outdriving/outqualifying" his teammate. Alonso is one of the best drivers out there today, stuck in a shiitty car.

A40:

The best ever F1 driver is still alive last time I checked and we are all hoping he recovers too
I do not subscribe to taking unnecessary risks. Stepping into a car that moves at over 300km/h every week is risk enough and if one must push the limits do it with some goddamn sense
Whatever accolade is not worth dying before one's time. That was a very silly move by Alonso, he needs to regard his life a bit more

again, IMHO Senna will always remain the best ever F1 driver of all times, and Schumacher is right there somewhere behind, along with a few others. you can take all the precautions you desire and still crash, because there will always be a foolish driver in front of you making a slight move "trying to protect his position", not understanding the way great drivers think.
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by Mizzzbeee(f): 11:41pm On Mar 22, 2016
A40:
Loool Hamilton cannot stop shatting the bed! Why on earth did he not run another lap? Surely he would have been able to finish higher than 6th on the grid. Anyway he would probably zoom past the 4 guys ahead of him including Vettel but whether he is able to catch Rosberg barring any safety car incidents is another story

Super drive from the Vettelmeister today! Hopefully he can finish on the podium if his car doesn't give him any issues
shocked shocked shocked shocked Ah this A40 are you a sport bot?? shocked shocked shocked even F-1? oya tell me which sport you don't follow? shocked
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by A40(m): 12:28am On Mar 24, 2016
Mizzzbeee:
shocked shocked shocked shocked Ah this A40 are you a sport bot?? shocked shocked shocked even F-1? oya tell me which sport you don't follow? shocked
Yes oh. Every other thing bores me tbh

I don't follow Rugby and Cricket grin
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by A40(m): 1:23am On Mar 24, 2016
MRBrownJ:

swerve, slight move, 360turn... call it what you want so long as you've seen what i am talking about.
Unku, Gutierrez's slight drift was not sufficient rationale for your boy to try and throw his life away. What kind of igbo was he smoking that made him assume he could pass there?

MRBrownJ:

if there was no gap, as you wrongly claimed earlier then why should he have to swerve/slightly move to to cover his position?!
the reality is that if Gut hadnt made that move then Alonso would have probably overtaken him
You are contradicting yourself now. So if Guti slightly moved to cover his position then why should the crash be blamed on anyone but Alonso. What kind of nutjob tries to overtake when he can't even see past the rear of the car ahead of him? This Alonso admitted himself

MRBrownJ:

fair enough
More progress

MRBrownJ:

of course but if the car aint shiit then there is so much a driver can do before they have to accept that this car AINT competitive enough.

MRBrownJ:

here is a simple clue:
A) if Alonso's abilities as a driver had anything to do with Ferrari's dreadful car back then, then Kimi (with his "supposedly" better abilities) would have won races then, and not only when Alonso left. the fact that both Ferrari drivers were losing then, and suddenly both are challenging at the top now, clearly points towards the CAR being the reason for such resurgence, not drivers abilities.
Kimi is every bit as washed up as Alonso. I don't know what you mean by challenging at the top since Kimi didn't make the top 3 in the Driver's Championships last year. There has been improvements but its still down to the drivers to compete

MRBrownJ:

B) how can you blame Alonso's abilities for the poor performance of this new partnership between Mc Laren and Honda? is Button qualifying higher than Alonso, and lapping faster each and every races? sadly, it aint the case as we clearly see every weekend Alonso "outdriving/outqualifying" his teammate. Alonso is one of the best drivers out there today, stuck in a shiitty car.
Lol Button? Don't make me cry plix

MRBrownJ:

again, IMHO Senna will always remain the best ever F1 driver of all times, and Schumacher is right there somewhere behind, along with a few others. you can take all the precautions you desire and still crash, because there will always be a foolish driver in front of you making a slight move "trying to protect his position", not understanding the way great drivers think.
To each his own. I'd always rate Schummie higher. Benneton Ford had no business winning the title the year they did unlike Senna who had above and beyond the best car in all his wins pretty much

You can defend Alonso's m0ronic drive till you are blue in the face, but if holding your own and denying a "great driver" that cannot intelligently pick the right time to pull of an overtake means you don't understand how "great drivers" think. Then so be it
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by kengodson: 9:09pm On Mar 24, 2016
senna in real life, can't make such mistakes, even schumacher in his prime
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by kengodson: 9:10pm On Mar 24, 2016
mehn i really need to have an opportunity in single seaters cry, possibly formulaE
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by MRBrownJ: 12:01am On Mar 25, 2016
@A40
i like the way you finally dodged that "Alonso's crash is the reason Vettel lost" state of mind. i am glad i was able to make you see reason on this issue. on with the others....

A) yes, that wasnt Alonso's best move but let us blame it on the McLaren car's speed, speed that was inexistant last season. so he has to get used to this faster car, lol! all the greats have had crashes.

B) YOU are the one contradicting yourself, 1st you say there was NO gap, and then you say:"Are we saying Gutierrez shoulda acted like a sitting duck and do nothing to protect his position?" so which one is it?!

C) i KNOW that Kimi is washed up, yet he finished 4th in the championship last yr, right behind Vettel. so if this has NOTHING to do with the car being "now" better, then how did this "washed up" driver finish so high in the championship? Ferrari is better today than it was in the last 2yrs that Alonso was there, FACT!!!!!

D) what an hypcorite talking about Alonso making one single error being the end of his driving career, as if "your" great never made any.
remember the Belgian GP98 when Schumacher rammed into the back of Coulthard?! are we to say that he was also a m0ronic driver that couldnt intelligently pick the right time to pull of an overtake?!
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by kengodson: 8:58am On Mar 25, 2016
MRBrownJ:
@A40
i like the way you finally dodged that "Alonso's crash is the reason Vettel lost" state of mind. i am glad i was able to make you see reason on this issue. on with the others....

A) yes, that wasnt Alonso's best move but let us blame it on the McLaren car's speed, speed that was inexistant last season. so he has to get used to this faster car, lol! all the greats have had crashes.

B) YOU are the one contradicting yourself, 1st you say there was NO gap, and then you say:"Are we saying Gutierrez shoulda acted like a sitting duck and do nothing to protect his position?" so which one is it?!

C) i KNOW that Kimi is washed up, yet he finished 4th in the championship last yr, right behind Vettel. so if this has NOTHING to do with the car being "now" better, then how did this "washed up" driver finish so high in the championship? Ferrari is better today than it was in the last 2yrs that Alonso was there, FACT!!!!!

D) what an hypcorite talking about Alonso making one single error being the end of his driving career, as if "your" great never made any.
remember the Belgian GP98 when Schumacher rammed into the back of Coulthard?! are we to say that he was also a m0ronic driver that couldnt intelligently pick the right time to pull of an overtake?!
those days when vettel was not hailed as one of the greats in the sports, because all redbull cars designed by newey did most of the work for him, now lands in Ferrari, and is now considered a racing legend, time sure flies cheesy
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by MRBrownJ: 12:43pm On Mar 25, 2016
kengodson:
those days when vettel was not hailed as one of the greats, because all redbull cars designed by newey did most of the work for him, now lands in Ferrari, and is now considered racing legend, time sure flies cheesy

do you speak English?! Vettel... greats... Redbull... Ferrari... racing legend. what are you on about?!
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by kengodson: 4:13pm On Mar 25, 2016
MRBrownJ:

do you speak English?! Vettel... greats... Redbull... Ferrari... racing legend. what are you on about?!
i speak English, thank you very much angry, just trying to highlight the fact that most people viewed vettel differently from when he was in redbull, ie 2009-2013, now because his at ferrari, and performing better than alonso did in 2010-2013, his now being racked amongst other great drivers in the sport like senna, prost, schumacher yeah and fangio.
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by MRBrownJ: 4:46pm On Mar 25, 2016
kengodson:
i speak English, thank you very much angry, just trying to highlight the fact that most people viewed vettel differently from when he was in redbull, ie 2009-2013, now because his at ferrari, and performing better than alonso did in 2010-2013, his now being racked amongst other great drivers in the sport like senna, prost, schumacher yeah and fangio.

what a pile of NONSENSE!!!!
how can you have the AUDACITY to say that Vettel at Ferrari is performing better than Alonso when he was there. such statement shows your bias state of mind, as any smart F1 fan fully well knows that Vettel's record with Ferrari cant remotely compete with that of Alonso!!!!!!
Vettel has a third place finish in the overall 2015 championship, while Alonso has finished second in the overall championship standing THREE times while at Ferrari (2010, 2012, 2013). also, in terms of podium finishes, Vettel record is a mere 9 podiums finish in 2015, while Alonso had 12 in 2012, 10 in 2010 and 2011, and 9 in 2013. so on what basis would you say that Vettel is performing better than Alonso at Ferrari?!

as far as we know, having a great car with RBR (and luckily for him, at Ferrari too) is the only good thing that happened for Vettel.... and putting him above the likes of Alonso/Ham in terms of great driver, is a fallacy. but hey, thats just my humble opinion as anyone has their own views when it comes to "greatest driver".

1 Like

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by kengodson: 9:20pm On Mar 25, 2016
good point though, was about to compare their 2014 vs 2015 stats, but that doesn't matter, yeah alonso was always runner up all year round to seb, not a seb fan, but from what horner was saying, as well as bernie eccelston(hope am correct), that ham and seb are the top drivers in F1 for now, which most fans (except me) agree with.
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by A40(m): 9:20pm On Mar 25, 2016
MRBrownJ:
@A40
A-40 doesn't dodge from nothing. The fact still remains Alonso's crash dropped Vettel's chances by half especially with more than half of the race yet to be decided. Without them flags odds are Vettel would have gone on to win the race. You can debate the extent but to claim it had no influence in the outcome of the winer is a bold faced lie

MRBrownJ:

We all know that Captain Obvious which begs the question why didn't you just accept Alonso read the situation poorly and stop this great driver megedefegede you have
chatting ad nauseum. That crash was not an instance of great driving

MRBrownJ:

If I ask you to show where I used the words 'NO GAP' now you would start doing acrobatics and gymnastics like someone who Magun side effects dey worry. Look at that crash again and tell me what Guti did wrong

Explain why Alonso himself admitted he could not see past Gutierrez's rear? How does protecting your position contradict me? Unless you expected Guti to act like a sitting duck and let King Alonso through. Not like it would be the first time he's had such expectations

MRBrownJ:

You seem to be allergic to paying attention to details. Se ko si?

I never said the car is not better. This is visible even to the blind. I said their resurgence and the McLaren demise is not completely unconnected to Alonso's waning ability

Secondly Kimi did not challenge for the top like you erroneously claimed

MRBrownJ:

Yes! Schumacher has made many boneheaded mistakes. And even intentional ojoro, the incident where he rammed into Villeneuve I think and got disqualified the rest of the year. The difference is I admit! Not chat long winded megedefegede on why other drivers don't understand Alonso's 'genius'
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by kengodson: 9:39pm On Mar 25, 2016
and Damon Hill in 1994 wink

But if u ask me, who was responsible, is Alonso undecided,watched the video, it was similar to ham and kobyashi in 2011, and ham and button the same year, if it were maldanado that hit gut, there will be no need to argue on giving him a penalty
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by MRBrownJ: 10:07pm On Mar 25, 2016
A40:

A-40 doesn't dodge from nothing. The fact still remains Alonso's crash dropped Vettel's chances by half especially with more than half of the race yet to be decided. Without them flags odds are Vettel would have gone on to win the race. You can debate the extent but to claim it had no influence in the outcome of the winer is a bold faced lie

how can anyone's chances be dropped by half when the man was still P1 and lapping faster than both Mercs, at restart?! get real, and accept this as SOLELY their mistake.

We all know that Captain Obvious which begs the question why didn't you just accept Alonso read the situation poorly and stop this great driver megedefegede you have chatting ad nauseum. That crash was not an instance of great driving

guilty as charged

If I ask you to show where I used the words 'NO GAP' now you would start doing acrobatics and gymnastics like someone who Magun side effects dey worry. Look at that crash again and tell me what Guti did wrong

come on bro, we aint gonna play on words... no gap, or as you wrote:"a non existent window", is exactly the same thing.... which i did call a gap in my reply, which is a similar thing (and you didnt have a problem with that)

Explain why Alonso himself admitted he could not see past Gutierrez's rear? How does protecting your position contradict me? Unless you expected Guti to act like a sitting duck and let King Alonso through. Not like it would be the first time he's had such expectations

the point IS/WAS if there was no existing window, then why protect any "position"? keeping the racing line would normally do the trick, if there is no gap (aka window)

You seem to be allergic to paying attention to details. Se ko si?
I never said the car is not better. This is visible even to the blind. I said their resurgence and the McLaren demise is not completely unconnected to Alonso's waning ability

you are saying that Alonso had anything to do with Ferrari poor showing, while i am telling you that it is bollocks and only the "car" is to be blamed. Schumacher at his prime couldnt have done any better than what Alonso did.

as for how you can claim that Alonso's abilities are lessening, since he has been the better driver at Mc Laren, and managing a shiit car for the past year... is a mystery to me.

Secondly Kimi did not challenge for the top like you erroneously claimed

IMHO, finishing 4th in the overall standing, behind only his teammate, shows that YES he was indeed challenging at the top (aka Mercs)... unless you saw anyone else finishing in the overall championship between the Mercs and Ferrari?

Yes! Schumacher has made many boneheaded mistakes. And even intentional ojoro, the incident where he rammed into Villeneuve I think and got disqualified the rest of the year. The difference is I admit! Not chat long winded megedefegede on why other drivers don't understand Alonso's 'genius'

when Schumacher did all the boneheaded mistakes that you mentioned above, i doubt you believed that "the mighty had fallen"... did you?
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by kengodson: 10:36pm On Mar 25, 2016
u both should hook up one day and have a little chat, see responses to qoute grin
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by A40(m): 1:34am On Mar 26, 2016
kengodson:
and Damon Hill in 1994 wink
But if u ask me, who was responsible, is Alonso undecided,watched the video, it was similar to ham and kobyashi in 2011, and ham and button the same year, if it were maldanado that hit gut, there will be no need to argue on giving him a penalty
I loved Schummie. Ruthless ninja on the track
I no know why person go just dey argue unnecessarily. It was Alonso's fault all day

MRBrownJ:

Vettel is a great already. No amount of grammatical galala you want to dance can change this fact
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by MRBrownJ: 6:01am On Mar 26, 2016
ok bro, lets agree to disagree... as usual, this season aint any better than all the past ones where we had our own views on many different subjects, and so long as it is a mature debate, its all good.

catch you next week for the Barhain race.
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by Mizzzbeee(f): 9:19pm On Mar 26, 2016
A40:

Yes oh. Every other thing bores me tbh

I don't follow Rugby and Cricket grin
so u like hockey? Golf? Errrm baseball? shocked Netball grin what other weird sports are out there oo *thinking*
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by A40(m): 11:40pm On Mar 26, 2016
Mizzzbeee:
so u like hockey? Golf? Errrm baseball? shocked Netball grin what other weird sports are out there oo *thinking*
A-List sports nau not B-List. I watch Ice Hockey sometimes, Golf too (I wan begin learn sef na serious networking tool)

1 Like

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by A40(m): 11:47pm On Mar 26, 2016
MRBrownJ:
ok bro, lets agree to disagree... as usual, this season aint any better than all the past ones where we had our own views on many different subjects, and so long as it is a mature debate, its all good.

Mazel Tov
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by Mizzzbeee(f): 8:22am On Mar 27, 2016
A40:

A-List sports nau not B-List. I watch Ice Hockey sometimes, Golf too (I wan begin learn sef na serious networking tool)
you are right tho @bolded...its like them "power houses" love the sport. Even SC30 hangs out with the President cuz they have a mutual love for the sport cheesy.. Regardless it just seems boring tho undecided
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by A40(m): 10:53am On Mar 28, 2016
Mizzzbeee:
you are right tho @bolded...its like them "power houses" love the sport. Even SC30 hangs out with the President cuz they have a mutual love for the sport cheesy.. Regardless it just seems boring tho undecided
More deals have been closed there than anywhere else or so they say

Its actually fun to play trust me plus the ambience and greenery and the fresh air you breathe is unique but yes quite boring to watch

1 Like

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by A40(m): 7:47pm On Apr 20, 2016
MRBrownJ:

Bruhhhh don't tell me you have given up on Alonslow so soon? The season is still young and you still have 18 races to groan about another lost year. It must eat at him to see the Ferrari he left, the Red Bull he spurned compete while he is trapped in F1 purgatory

On a serious note its looking like a Rosberg year though I'm hopeful he suffers some bad luck at some point. My boy Vettel should be leading this title race. Ham has been unconvincing and getting routinely beat on race day so far

The Chinese GP was awesome. Best race I've seen in a while
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by MRBrownJ: 10:21pm On Apr 20, 2016
A40:

Bruhhhh don't tell me you have given up on Alonslow so soon? The season is still young and you still have 18 races to groan about another lost year. It must eat at him to see the Ferrari he left, the Red Bull he spurned compete while he is trapped in F1 purgatory

On a serious note its looking like a Rosberg year though I'm hopeful he suffers some bad luck at some point. My boy Vettel should be leading this title race. Ham has been unconvincing and getting routinely beat on race day so far

The Chinese GP was awesome. Best race I've seen in a while

i have to be honest and say that i am happy to see that this yr is looking as crazy as it should be, because we all know that Ham, the Ferrari and possibly RBR is gonna challenge Rosberg's run of luck, til the end of the season. but lets us not take away Rosberg great form/drives but instead lets see if he can hold his nerves.

as for Alonso, the "ban" didnt really help anything, but nevertheless i am a bit disappointed... the Mc Laren car has shown some potential to do much better than what they did during these 3 races, and the fact that the only one in the team who scored points so far is the reserve driver, should be a reminder to Alonso and Button to get their act together. at the moment, they arent worth their "ex" champ status.

yes the Chinese GP was great, a lot of mad moments, but for me it was when Alonso was P3 for a few laps ahahahah, i foolishly thought there was going to be a miracle... helas!

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (52) (Reply)

Meet Leah Monroe, Tammy Abraham's Girlfriend (Photos) / Coronavirus: Mikel Obi's Contract With Trabzonspor Club Terminated / Top 15 Blunders Of The 2016 Olympics with Pictures…#1 Is Horrific

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.