Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,778 members, 7,802,388 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:33 PM

Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular (6951 Views)

The Best And The Worst Performing Governor In S/west / Who Is The Best Performing Governor In The South East? / Top 15 Most Performing Governors In Nigeria By Premiumratings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by slimthugchimee(m): 5:47pm On Jul 05, 2014
Am just askin we can hardly hear him on TV or even here in nairaland, you can hardly hear him calling APC that or PDP this. Its like he is in politics but not in politics.
Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by Chamack: 5:52pm On Jul 05, 2014
slimthugchimee: Am just askin we can hardly hear him on TV or even here in nairaland, you can hardly hear him calling APC that or PDP this. Its like he is in politics but not in politics.
Because he is media shy and this is person angling to represent Enugu West in the senate. A media shy person can't do well in the senate.
Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by o42austino(m): 6:07pm On Jul 05, 2014
slimthugchimee: Am just askin we can hardly hear him on TV or even here in nairaland, you can hardly hear him calling APC that or PDP this. Its like he is in politics but not in politics.
the truth is thst he does not like praise singers or Media hyping, He is a Gentleman and he likes his great Works to do his talking for him.

26 Likes

Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by passion007: 6:35pm On Jul 05, 2014
Chamack: Because he is media shy and this is person angling to represent Enugu West in the senate. A media shy person can't do well in the senate.
What a peculiar conclusion!
I understand you may not like the man, but media-shyness has no bearing on one's output in the Senate.
Sullivan is one governor loved by everyone, and he has given reasons why he chose to keep the media out of his government.

14 Likes

Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by Unemadu: 6:39pm On Jul 05, 2014
The guy is just media shy and just likes to go about his job without fanfare. The guy worked and is still working which is strange given that his tenure is about to expire.

12 Likes

Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by Yoritshekiri: 6:43pm On Jul 05, 2014
He is not the type that throws a party to commission a 100 meter road or go with press men to ''inspect'' a flower planting project.
He is a silent performer!

22 Likes

Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by Chamack: 6:55pm On Jul 05, 2014
passion007: What a peculiar conclusion!
I understand you may not like the man, but media-shyness has no bearing on one's output in the Senate.
Sullivan is one governor loved by everyone, and he has given reasons why he chose to keep the media out of his government.
He has tried, I like him as a performing governor but not for representation in the senate cos its requires one to be outspoken and not media shy. can he square up senators like Abdul Ningi, Smart Adeyemi,Ita Enang these are high ranking Senators whom their impact is felt in the house. Chime is media shy that it, he is Gil Nnaji in the making.( O Yes member)
Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by Trut(m): 7:08pm On Jul 05, 2014
His good works speak for him, so there is no need of hyping on the media.

8 Likes

Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 7:20pm On Jul 05, 2014
Peformers dont make noise,

10 Likes

Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by passion007: 7:22pm On Jul 05, 2014
Chamack: He has tried, I like him as a performing governor but not for representation in the senate cos its requires one to be outspoken and not media shy. can he square up senators like Abdul Ningi, Smart Adeyemi,Ita Enang these are high ranking Senators whom their impact is felt in the house. Chime is media shy that it, he is Gil Nnaji in the making.( O Yes member)
Never underestimate the passive-aggressive.
I know you're inclined towards Ekweremadu...I also like him, but don't make Chime's easy nature a point against him.

1 Like

Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by Chamack: 7:39pm On Jul 05, 2014
passion007:
Never underestimate the passive-aggressive.
I know you're inclined towards Ekweremadu...I also like him, but don't make Chime's easy nature a point against him.
Odogwu am saying it the way it is.
Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jul 05, 2014
Chamack: He has tried, I like him as a performing governor but not for representation in the senate cos its requires one to be outspoken and not media shy. can he square up senators like Abdul Ningi, Smart Adeyemi,Ita Enang these are high ranking Senators whom their impact is felt in the house. Chime is media shy that it, he is Gil Nnaji in the making.( O Yes member)

In all ramification, Gil Nnaji does not come close to the political figure called Sullivan chime.
Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by Chamack: 7:47pm On Jul 05, 2014
centje:

In all ramification, Gil Nnaji does not come close to the political figure called Sullivan chime.
What I mean is poor representation, unable to pass bill and quality contribution other than motion for adjournment
Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by lakpalakpa: 8:26pm On Jul 05, 2014
Chime like most SE governors is empty and has nothing good to offer to his people.

grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jul 05, 2014
Chamack: What I mean is poor representation, unable to pass bill and quality contribution other than motion for adjournment
Representation isn't about the loudest or the noisiest. It's about tactical moves that will impact the people you are representing and Nigeria in general. Doesn't it amaze you how chime was able to survive all the political turmoil in Enugu. It's about calculated moves devoid of 'blood and noise'.

7 Likes

Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by levelszik(m): 8:51pm On Jul 05, 2014
lakpa lakpa: Chime like most SE governors is empty and has nothing good to offer to his people.

grin grin grin grin
And someone liked this post for real?

16 Likes

Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by makazona(m): 9:12pm On Jul 05, 2014

what a dumb analysis cum conclusion.with all due respect chamak,he is media shy and stil working.others are media frndly bt nt working.its unfortunate we celebrate laziness.i bet u knw nothing abt his oratory ability.

4 Likes

Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jul 05, 2014
slimthugchimee:
Work on the title of this thread.
Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by Chamack: 9:28pm On Jul 05, 2014
centje: Representation isn't about the loudest or the noisiest. It's about tactical moves that will impact the people you are representing and Nigeria in general. Doesn't it amaze you how chime was able to survive all the political turmoil in Enugu. It's about calculated moves devoid of 'blood and noise'.
I have never doubted his performance from day one. He is a blessing to Enuguites. I am only against his senatorial ambition due to his nature and media shy.
Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by Chamack: 9:34pm On Jul 05, 2014
makazona:

what a dumb analysis cum conclusion.with all due respect chamak,he is media shy and stil working.others are media frndly bt nt working.its unfortunate we celebrate laziness.i bet u knw nothing abt his oratory ability.
You are having a misconception about my stand.
Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by chymystique(f): 9:44pm On Jul 05, 2014
Performing Indeed!.. He only performed well in Enugu Capital and around his hometown.. And he did most this due to his 2015 senatorial ambition.. He has a lot to do esp in d rural areas.. IMO, Enugu state is back to its meSs

2 Likes

Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by slimthugchimee(m): 9:59pm On Jul 05, 2014
chymystique: Performing Indeed!.. He only performed well in Enugu Capital and around his hometown.. And he did most this due to his 2015 senatorial ambition.. He has a lot to do esp in d rural areas.. IMO, Enugu state is back to its meSs
please when was the last time you have been to Enugu

1 Like

Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by chymystique(f): 10:07pm On Jul 05, 2014
slimthugchimee: please when was the last time you have been to Enugu

MAy 2014.. Am not impressed wif d rural areas.. Anambra is 100times better.. He tried a lil bit and dt was during his first tenure.. This second tenure is "eye_service tenure".. He is not working
Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by passion007: 10:16pm On Jul 05, 2014
chymystique: Performing Indeed!.. He only performed well in Enugu Capital and around his hometown.. And he did most this due to his 2015 senatorial ambition.. He has a lot to do esp in d rural areas.. IMO, Enugu state is back to its meSs
That is patently false.
The road to my village, Ugwogo Nike-Ikem Road, was built by Sullivan, and the road is scheduled to continue to Eha Amufu till the borderland with Nkalagu in Ebonyi.
He has also provided rural water and electricity for most parts of Isi Uzo. Power in Eha Amufu and Ikem is light years (pun intended) better than in some capital cities.
Ikem has been linked to Obollo Afor by road.

If you know Enugu State, you'd realise that Isi Uzo is one of those LGAs that lead nowhere, hence a perfect gauge to measure a Government's productivity.
Government after government said there was no money to do that road, but Sullivan partnered the LGA and the road is still ongoing even if at the slowest pace.

Sullivan Chime has done remarkably well. He has exceeded my expectations.

9 Likes

Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by cjrane: 10:21pm On Jul 05, 2014
Who told you that Sullivan is "unpopular"
Sullivan is a perfect learned gentleman that believes in the adage "Action speaks louder than words"
After Chief Jim Nwobodo, nobody has done more to transform Enugu into a world class city than Sullivan Chime!
Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by NWANICHODE: 10:27pm On Jul 05, 2014
The Governor of Enugu state is not a noise maker like other governors. Eg one man from Lagos state installed one street light and shouted on AIT that he wants to electrify Lagos then I remembered that sullivan has installed street lights in all the streets of enugu metropolis without saying a word. Then another noise maker from imo state built round about and took it to channels tv , then I remembered that sullivan has constructed all the roads in enugu metropolis and also a brand new road from enugu to nsukka without saying anything. Another man from ebonyi is shouting that he has been busy trying to complete secretariat that was started before his administration then I remembered that sullivan started his own last year and is near completion now. How many should I mention now? Enugu state is truly working! My only advice is that the next governor should borrow the type of primary health care system being practised in rivers state then enugu will be our own london.

14 Likes

Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by Unemadu: 11:20pm On Jul 05, 2014
chymystique:

MAy 2014.. Am not impressed wif d rural areas.. Anambra is 100times better.. He tried a lil bit and dt was during his first tenure.. This second tenure is "eye_service tenure".. He is not working

With due respect u dont know what u r talking about

2 Likes

Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by OdenigboAroli(m): 11:59pm On Jul 05, 2014
slimthugchimee: please when was the last time you have been to Enugu

Did he lie?
Chime is a one city performing governor; Something is wrong if Anambra is set to produce more food than Enugu.
To me,Chime is smart, smart enough to deceive the whole Enugu populace with beautification of a single city out of all the towns in Enugu state.
And who made him the best performing governor......mtcheee!

2 Likes

Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by Nobody: 12:12am On Jul 06, 2014
And who is bringing Anambra into this, cant you guys argue without measuring dickz.
Chime is working, i have not being to Enugu since 2010 but my peeps overthere are happy with him.

Pls free Anambra and Imo from this abeg
Odenigbo Aroli:

Did he lie?
Chime is a one city performing governor; Something is wrong if Anambra is set to produce more food than Enugu.
To me,Chime is smart, smart enough to deceive the whole Enugu populace with beautification of a single city out of all the towns in Enugu state.
And who made him the best performing governor......mtcheee!

4 Likes

Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by spyder880(m): 12:28am On Jul 06, 2014
The whole of Enugu state are happy with Sullivan Chime, he is a top performer and has delivered slightly above our expectations.

5 Likes

Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by Nobody: 2:44am On Jul 06, 2014
passion007:
That is patently false.
The road to my village, Ugwogo Nike-Ikem Road, was built by Sullivan, and the road is scheduled to continue to Eha Amufu till the borderland with Nkalagu in Ebonyi.
He has also provided rural water and electricity for most parts of Isi Uzo. Power in Eha Amufu and Ikem is light years (pun intended) better than in some capital cities.
Ikem has been linked to Obollo Afor by road.

If you know Enugu State, you'd realise that Isi Uzo is one of those LGAs that lead nowhere, hence a perfect gauge to measure a Government's productivity.
Government after government said there was no money to do that road, but Sullivan partnered the LGA and the road is still ongoing even if at the slowest pace.

Sullivan Chime has done remarkably well. He has exceeded my expectations.
chime has a vision for the entire state. Anyone not in Enugu will no know the extent of his projects. Relatively, chime did well in all sectors (security, agriculture, commerce, electricity, rural development, housing, road and urban rehab, environmental, tourism, industry, sports, health,...), except in Education.
We are marveled not because Enugu is the best but we have always being told that Enugu generate very poor revenue and incapable doing much. With the coming of chime, people were like where is the money for all these projects coming from. Federal allocation for Enugu is relatively low but chime has diligently managed it to serve the state. Keeping to all his campaign promises and 4 point agenda. That discipline of keeping to campaign promises is rare among nigerian politicians. And that's one of the traits i respect about him.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular by otil1: 4:11am On Jul 06, 2014
Who says Chime is not popular? Just Google him and watch the hits. But the results might not be about performance. It might have many domestic scandals dominating -like doing sis inlaw, sleezy topless late parties, Picanto gifts to gurls that impress him, locking up wifey, etc. That's performance in another shade I suppose

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Was An Apc Supporter But Not Any More. / When You Mistakenly Say "SAI BABA" In A Petrol Station. (PICTURE) / The Countries With The Most Powerful Military In Africa In 2019, Nigeria Is No..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.